Reviews

Vicious (2019)
Cliché
27 February 2019
Unlike the others, I didn't think the acting was bad. The movie had some great shots and the ambience felt like a horror movie to me.

But the script was bad. Never read the book so I don't know how accurate the movie is compared to the original, but damn, the girls made every bad decision you could possibly make in this scenario. Even in the thriller/horror universe!

It could have been a better movie if they explored Kim's character arc more. Now she went from being mousy to psycho with Dissociative Identity Disorder instantly. That would have been an interesting story. Missed opportunity.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Prodigy (2019)
Quite disapointing to me
8 February 2019
After seeing the trailer a couple of time I was quite excited for this movie. When I heard they had to edit some scenes because they were to scary for the test-audience I thought I would finally be seeing an actual horror movie. Unfortunately, this movie did not deliver for me. There were only two scary shots, one which was in the trailer. Furthermore, the movie explained way too much, way too soon for me, following a standard formula without any true twist. There wasn't anything to second guess, no 'did he or didn't he?', no other explanations or roads explored. A very straightforward movie that wasn't all that scary. Disappointing.
69 out of 95 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.