Reviews

A Summer Romance (2019 TV Movie)
Potential for ten stars --but missed the mark
22 August 2019
I looked forward to this film with much anticipation. Erin would finally get a leading man that is good at romance (Niall Matter CANNOT ACT ROMANCE). Ryan Paevey would get to work with one of the best and most beautiful actresses to ever do romance. The scenery was great, supporting cast was great, although the story has been used to death it was good. The disappointment was with the makeup department. Ryan Paevey went thru most of the film needing a shave! A beard is a beard, but 3 day old stubble is not a beard, not sexy, and just plain grubby looking. If you are not watching in HD it looks like a dirty face. Even Tom Selleck and Clint Eastwood got a shave when they played cowboys. Erin was either tired or something else had her distracted. I suggest instead of a sequel Hallmark should remake this one.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love Unleashed (2019 TV Movie)
I love Jen---but
8 July 2019
Once upon a time, Hallmark made a movie with a great story and fantastic director. The story was exciting, the lovers had chemistry and spark, and all the characters were interesting. Unfortunately THIS AIN'T IT !!!
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
finally, Real chemistry
9 June 2019
This movie has something that has been missing from several Hallmark productions lately: A cast who can actually act and are able to do Romance. Tyler can just look at Cindy and you need no script to tell what he's feeling, and one look from Cindy can make Tyler melt. That, my friends, is real chemistry. You can call it spark, chemistry or emotions,but it has been missing from so many Hallmark movies lately,and that is the reason we watch romance movies.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
From Friend to Fiancé (2019 TV Movie)
watch a rerun instead
26 May 2019
How can you call it a romance when it has absolutely no passion, no "spark", no chemistry, and is a really dumb story. The actors did good work and the girls were pretty. I prefer a rerun of a REAL Hallmark romance.
14 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Brush with Love (2019 TV Movie)
At least Arielle was good
9 April 2019
Nick Bateman's acting is like a 13 year old playing the part of a 10 year old, and has no place on the same screen as Arielle Kebbel. She is way out of his league. The reason there is no chemistry between the leads is his inability to act. His little kindergarten shuffle just before kissing Arielle at the end of the movie almost made me puke. Arielle Kebbel is a very talented actress and the supporting cast was great, but once again what could have been was not because of a leading man who can't act.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
True Love Blooms (2019 TV Movie)
Worst Hallmark movie ever
7 April 2019
I have over 600 Hallmark movies in my collection (mostly DVR) and I can tell you this will not be one of them. Character development is slow or absent, Directing seems to be absent. Acting is fine, but the story is without a doubt the worst in Hallmark movie history. Romance is absent until the last 3 minutes of the movie. The best part is now that we have seen their worst it can only get better next time.
6 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
References (2010)
A waste of time
17 March 2019
This movie has no direction, no story and no acting. I watched it for 30 minutes, and had to turn it off or throw up. I chose to turn it off.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love Under the Rainbow (2019 TV Movie)
Fantasy...not romance!
11 March 2019
Rainbows that defy the laws of physics and the laws of nature.. Fantasy! The idea that David Haydn-Jones could play a romantic lead...pure fantasy!! there was no spark or chemistry between the leads and it was not Jodie Sweeten's fault. I totally agree with "Lame on all levels". I have seen Mr. Haydn-Jones on other Hallmark movies and he brings the same wet blanket to them all. no spark.
4 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One Winter Proposal (2019 TV Movie)
Taylor Cole and Jack Turner, a perfect match
14 January 2019
To those who said boring, I say you have told the rest of two things. One, you do not like romance movies,and two, you probably haven't watched very many Hallmark movies. This is the third pairing of Taylor and Jack, and I would love to see more. They do have chemistry, and both are among the best actors on any movie. I have over 600 Hallmark movies in my collection, and this is only the second to get 10 stars. It will be watched over again. Great work Hallmark, how about a sequel?
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Midnight Kiss (2018 TV Movie)
Formula for failure
30 December 2018
First you cast a great actress with loads of talent and acting ability. One who can make you feel her emotions. She should be paired with a male lead with the same ability, but instead she is paired with a male lead who has absolutely no talent, can't act at all, and the only feeling he gives you is nausea. After about 40 minutes I had to turn it off as unwatchable. This is not the first movie ruined by Carlos, a non actor in a lead role. Don't waste your time on this one.
15 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Christmas at Graceland (2018 TV Movie)
Pure dissapointment
19 November 2018
Pure dissapointment on several levels. You can see more of Graceland in an online tour. Wes Brown's performance showed us that he was the only cast member with any acting or singing ability. Far below average for a Hallmark movie.I give it 1 star
19 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's Christmas, Eve (2018 TV Movie)
perfect 10
14 November 2018
I have just finished my fourth viewing of this motion picture, and have to say this is one of the best Hallmark Christmas movies ever made. I found no fault with any part of this movie. Great acting, great story, and for once great music. my score 10....
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not "Pride and Prejudice"
29 October 2018
The Hallmark promos for this movie led me to believe it was a new take on "Pride and Prejudice". The only thing they had in common was the use of a couple of names. It was a good story and Jessica Lownes showed us once again the talent that makes her a Hallmark favorite. The villain was overplayed which hurt the story. The leads had good chemistry together, slowly starting to have feelings for the other, but The writing fell short,and the music was too loud. my score 8
14 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
impossible to believe
1 October 2018
Jenny and Brian have taken a second mortgage on the b&b and this cannot be done before the will was probated. NO ONE can file a claim against the estate,or contest a will after it is probated, making this story line implausible. The writer should have done more research and come up with a believable story. If the story is not believable, the movie is not watchable. 1 star because we don't have 0s
10 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pearl in Paradise (2018 TV Movie)
This years best from Hallmark
20 August 2018
Hallmark has done it right this time. This is the best movie so far this year. Casting, story, location, editing, every thing just perfect for a 10.
14 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love at Sea (2018 TV Movie)
dont waste your time
12 August 2018
It's hard to understand how one "actor"( I use the term loosely) can have such a bad effect on an entire movie, but that is what happens when the casting director puts a person with no acting ability in a lead role. Must be politics. The story line would have been great,and the female lead could not have been better. The background was nice. I was only able to watch about half of it and had to turn it off it was so bad. This is the second time Hallmark has made a dud using him. They should have learned their lesson. Like I said , must be politics.
17 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Yes, I Do (2018 TV Movie)
Disappointment
30 July 2018
I really looked forward to this movie. Two great leading ladies (that can actually act), a great supporting cast,a good leading man,and what did we get? Disappointment. A story so lame it made no sense, and direction so bad it was almost impossible to watch. At 30 minutes in I wanted to turn it off, but I kept watching the ladies trying to bring it to life with their talent. It did not get any better. The promotional stills were more exciting than the movie. my score 1 because we have no zeros
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love on Safari (2018 TV Movie)
Not a travel movie
30 July 2018
If this were a travel documentary it would be worthy of all the praise other reviewers have given it. South Africa was wonderful. Casting was great. I was happy to see Britanny Bristow getting bigger parts. She is really good. The only problem is this was NOT a travel movie but was supposed to be a Romance. The romantic leads were well paired, but the love scenes were void of emotion or "fireworks". It had the potential for 10 stars but without the romance it only earned 5.
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Yes, I Do (2018 TV Movie)
Don't waste your time
6 July 2018
I really looked forward to this movie. Two great leading ladies (that can actually act), a great supporting cast, a good leading man,and what did we get? Disappointment. A story so lame it made no sense, and direction so bad it was almost impossible to watch. At 30 minutes in I wanted to turn it off, but I kept watching the ladies trying to bring it to life with their talent. It did not get any better. The promotional stills were more exciting than the movie. my score 1 because we have no zeros
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love at First Dance (2018 TV Movie)
Drama, not Romance
18 June 2018
This was a better movie than I expected considering the cast. Niall Matter cannot do romance at all, but this one had very little romance. This was about living your dream, working out life problems, and learning to dance. There was no love, no fireworks, no emotions, no chemistry, but a good story. What we have is not a romance but a drama. I gave it a 5
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Marrying Mr. Darcy (2018 TV Movie)
Good but could have been Great
4 June 2018
This is the first Hallmark sequel that has been worth watching. I have eagerly waited for this one with some degree of anxiety, and was somewhat pleased with their offering. The return of the original cast was a plus with one exception. The worst part of the original was the "aunt Violet" character over played by Francis Fisher. Near the end of the first film we got rid of her. To my dismay she returned in this sequel to spoil things again. This story had enough conflict without her annoying trouble-making, and over playing the role. If Francis Fisher just had to be in this one she should have had no more than 3 lines max. It was more than obvious that in every scene with Cindy she tried to steal the show. The time saved by leaving her out could have better been spent on the romance itself. Ryan and Cindy are both great and have onscreen magic together. Our leads needed more "magic" like they had in the first one. Over all a good movie but it could have been a 10. my score 7
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Groomzilla (2017 TV Movie)
a waste of time
4 June 2018
This motion picture is supposed to be a comedy, however it failed to even make me smile. After the first 20 minutes I had to force myself to endure the remainder of it hoping I was wrong. You could call it stupidity, or silliness,or just plain dumb, but never comedy and certainly not romantic. I failed to find one redeeming quality and consider this movie a complete waste of time. Because we have no zeros I gave it a 1
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Royally Ever After (2018 TV Movie)
Royal Mediocrity or worse
21 May 2018
Hallmark really disappointed me with this one. It had no emotion, no "magic", no "fireworks" and no appeal. The actors were OK but they had nothing with which to work. The script was horrendous, and direction even worse. The story showed the writer had no imagination at all. I only gave it 2 stars because of the actors. Not worth watching.
12 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Time Capsule (2018 TV Movie)
a waste of time.
9 April 2018
This is without a doubt the worst movie ever from Larry Levinson. The story line was lame and never developed. It was more like cliches from other movies. The acting left you wondering from where these people came. Wardrobe needed help, but most of all was the sickening sound track. No one could ever call this noise music. I gave it a 1 because we don't have a zero...
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love, Once and Always (2018 TV Movie)
where's the spark?
20 March 2018
The story, by Sidney Sidner, would have been a good starting place for a real writer to develop a good story. As written it had holes you could drive a tank through. It had no feeling, no emotion, no chemistry and no spark. I watched it 3 times hoping I was missing something because the cast was great. It was not at all what we have come to expect from Hallmark.
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.