Reviews

1,657 Reviews
Love that animation
15 September 2019
This episode mocks nepotism. It features Starlight Glimmer wanting to take on the role of head mare of the friendship school. It turns out Twilight really is going to take over for Princess Celestia. Well, I did look at the last episode. Starlight creates the role of vice mare to help her. Trixie wants to fulfill the role.

Probably the best part is that not only does Trixie not get the position, but none of the people Starlight interviews do! She and Trixie have it both their ways. Her friend Sunburst takes the mantle. I just love the facial expressions as always in this episode. This is a pretty unique lesson and I liked how it was unpredictable. It's so sad this is the last season. ****
Good, but not great
7 September 2019
As we're getting into the last episodes of the show, these episodes will have a big impact. The plot of this one is that Rarity notices Spike is spending more time with Gabby, a griffin. Gabby first appeared awhile ago and she was almost as energetic as Pinkie Pie! Never once in this episode is Spike's crush on Rarity mentioned. Maybe he's grown out of it? I think that is a sign of maturity.

I will admit this episode was kind of boring. It still manages to be good. I just hold the show up to a very high standard. Rarity does kind of learn how to be without Spike. The interactions between these characters is what makes the show so great. I could watch them play off each other all day. ***
I wanna marry Discord
31 August 2019
This episode starts with Fluttershy trying to help all her animal friends at the sanctuary. She and Angel Bunny go to Zecora and ask for a potion that can help them better understand each other. It ends with them swapping bodies. Angel can now talk and Fluttershy can't! I admit it doesn't make that much sense. Wouldn't Fluttershy still be able to talk in Angel's body?

How does Angel in Fluttershy's body know how to talk? Who cares, it's a great episode! It's just so entertaining to see an animal switch bodies with...an animal. Well, one that talks. I love how they really do address how weird it is with predators having to eat vegetarian animals. I really do say pacing a lot in my reviews, don't I? ****
Not too descriptive
24 August 2019
The description given here wasn't very good. It doesn't mention that Tirek, Cozy Glow, and Queen Chrysalis were the villains! Well, that did make it all the more unpredictable and enjoyable for me. This episode features Twilight's friends preparing for the title event. We see Tirek absorb the life energies of some ponies. I was confused as to how they didn't say how it went back to normal during the episode, but it does say at the end!

I also love how this shows great character development for Twilight. Way back in Season 2's "Lesson Zero" we saw her freak out when things went wrong. Here, we explicitly have her mention that she has become stronger and won't act like this when there's a big conflict. Pinkie Pie is always fun to see with her eating everything. The episode ends with the villains getting the book they needed. Can't wait to see what happens next! ****
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best of the last season!
17 August 2019
This episode features Twilight going to win a trivia game. She's won it twice in a row, but this time she has to deal with a new partner...Pinkie Pie! Now that I think about it, Twilight and Pinkie Pie don't interact that much. Twilight believes that Pinkie Pie will be a hindrance, so she decides to get rid of her. She even tries to get the competitors disqualified! I admit that it is weird to see Twilight acting this way.

On the other hand, it's very amusing. The animation was amazing in this. Something about Pinkie Pie's nose just appeals to me. It ends with Twilight and Pinkie Pie reforming into a pair for the trivia contest. They start all over, but with zero points! Twilight says she'd rather lose than not spend time with her. The episode just ends and we never find out if they succeeded! ****
They say the title!
11 August 2019
This episode features Rainbow Dash being hired by Twilight to help out with the cheerleading squad. It's certainly something she isn't used to. The funniest part was easily at the end when Princess Celestia was yelling at the game. I don't think she's ever done that before. I think I should mention that in the end the team doesn't actually win. It turns out that it was more about the cheerleaders working hard.

Sure, it didn't work out the best, but they definitely tried. I love a show that teaches that lesson. I like all the references to 120% cooler. I like to see only the female ponies of the Student 6. I mean, they are cheerleaders! I think of a certain dirty word whenever they say "Buckball". ***1/2
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I could enjoy this
7 August 2019
This movie features Hobbs and Shaw teaming up (hence the title) to stop a virus from infecting the world. A spy named Hattie has literally injected it into herself so an evil organization named Etreon tracks her down to get it. I like how straightforward the story is. Then again, I still couldn't remember most of the characters' names. Guess whose names I could remember? I am very impressed at how movie spinoffs have come so far.

I admit I didn't care for the romance between Hobbs and Hattie. This agent named Brexton who is some kind of cyborg. I admit that it does seem like they're running out of ideas and are just trying to cash in on the superhero craze that's been going on lately. Still, we really do get great pacing and very creative fight scenes, especially the end. Sure, they're not as good action characters as the Avengers, but they still have enough quirks to be well developed characters. Dwayne Johnson/The Rock simply HAS to be the most prolific actor who was also a professional wrestler. ***
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cheese Sandwich!
4 August 2019
According to my calculations, "Pinkie Pride" was ranked as the best episode ever! This is sort of a sequel to it, although I admit it was a tough act to follow. It features on Pinkie Pie finding out Cheese Sandwich has lost his laugh. I admit it's too bad seeing him like that. He has created his own laugh factory. His employees don't seem too happy.

Obviously, neither does he. I admit the conclusion could be better. It's of course great to hear Weird Al Yankovic again! I realize now that he rarely did voices for more than one episode of a cartoon. Dang, this show went from a 7.7 to a 7.6. Please vote it up people! ***1/2
The Lion King (2019)
Will there be more live-action films will fully CGI characters?
27 July 2019
I had heard bad things about this movie, but in all honesty, I did enjoy it. It's true that the original is much better, but I really did feel the good outweighed the bad here. Unlike "Aladdin", it doesn't add any new characters. It's mostly a faithful adaptation. The pacing was really good here, especially when you consider the movie's two hours long. I think the main problem with "Alice In Wonderland" was that it changed too many things while this one should have had more changes, but I'd rather have it like that.

The special effects are really impressive. There are still a lot of faults here and there. I did not care for the singing at all in this, especially how "Be Prepared" was really disappointing. This had so little energy in it, especially considered that in the original voice actor Jeremy Irons actually strained his voice and had to be replaced with Jim Cummings! I know a lot of people hate this movie and that's fine. I thought the voice acting with John Oliver and Seth Rogen was great and it's worth watching if only because it's the list fully CGI live-action movie.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Toy Story 4 (2019)
They did it again!
22 July 2019
This is the best fourth installment I've ever seen in any series! I remember back when this very website said that there was a "Toy Story 4", but then in the FAQ it was just said to be a hoax. I guess it was real after all! Many people were skeptic because "Toy Story 3" was the perfect finale to the series. I knew they had to make a major change if they would make it as good as the other ones. I remember when the ending was coming and I said that I went the way, I would put this on the same pedestal as the previous ones.

And guess what happened? The previous movie mentioned that Bo Peep had left, but they never showed how. They do in the first six minutes of this film! So the plot is that Bonnie literally makes a new toy out of a spork and googly eyes which turns out be a real toy! "Sporky" can't understand his status as a toy and tries to leave the family when they're on a road trip. Turns out he more or less accepts that he's a toy in the first thirty minutes of the movie!

Unfortunately, Woody and Sporky have to deal with a villain named Gabby, who wants to steal Woody's voicebox. Duke Kaboom (voiced by Keanu Reeves) doesn't appear until halfway through the movie. He ends up still being a great character! This movie has great joke after great joke and everything else great! It's great how they worked so hard to flesh out Bo Peep's characters. It's too bad that some of the voice cast had died, which is why they don't have that much of a role here (especially Mr. Potato Head with Don Rickles). ****
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I thought Mysterio was an Asgard
8 July 2019
This movie features Spider-Man going on vacation with his class to Italy. As you might have guessed, trouble follows him there. He's recruited to stop giant monsters called the Elementals from destroying the Earth. He gets help from Mysterio. I love the opening, where it shows the deceased Avengers. I thought it was in memoriam to Stan Lee at first!

Captain America is mentioned, so it can be assumed he died of old age. We get this great bit at the beginning where they talk about having to adjust to half the population being five years older. While they don't go into much detail, it's still great to acknowledge. Now, fans of the comics would know what the twist is and it happens halfway through the film. As someone who is a fan, it's still set up really well. As if that wasn't enough, they throw in another huge twist at the end.

And then they throw in another twist at the very end! Honestly, I really don't want to say what happens, but just let me say that it's probably the biggest example of an MCU film that must be seen to be believed. Peter Parker's friend is a lot of fun, although I do think Mary Jane could have been better. I just love how bright and colorful this movie is! Everything really does make sense in the end! It's just such a beautiful film it's one everyone should see! ****
37 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Way better than the movie!
30 June 2019
This is a 60 minute "My Little Pony" special, so it's not a movie. It is however animated in the same way as the movie. It seems like it could be considered a second movie, even if it's technically not. I thought this was tons of fun because it didn't have a villain. There was a still a problem of course. The synopsis is that Rainbow Dash and her friends are invited to the Rainbow Festival at a town called Hope Hollow.

They quickly find out there's no color! The mayor is named Sunny Skies and he says that there was an accident at their last festival that got rid of all the color. Eventually, we find out that isn't true. There's also a mare named Petunia Petals, the first pony we see there. I said to myself that I would give this a perfect score if they got together. You can guess what happened next.

This has a lot of depth, because it goes into so much detail about friendship. As noted by the Nostalgia Critic, that's what makes this show so good. I love how it individually focuses on how the characters and how they each contribute. It's what makes these characters so wonderful. Of course, it's sad seeing this show finally end. We had a great go with it. ****
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Amazing World of Gumball: The Inquisition (2019)
Season 6, Episode 44
They already used "The Finale"
25 June 2019
This is a great episode on its own, but the problem is that it's not good as a finale. This episode features the Elmore superintendent literally named "Evil" forcing the students to not be cartoonish. They get turned into humans and eventually live-action humans like the superintendent himself! There's these great scenes where Darwin and Gumball use their cartoon physics against the human characters. It really is a great way of showing how their world works. Everyone goes back to normal and they find out Superintendent Evil was Rob in disguise.

He gets beat up before he can explain why he was trying to change everyone. The episode ends with him falling into the Void which is consuming all of Elmore. This is the last episode of the show and it ends on a cliffhanger and practically accomplishes nothing. We just really, REALLY have to hope that there's a movie (possibly TV) that will give everyone a happy ending. "The Cringe" did show Penny and Gumball getting married and having kids, so hopefully that's proof that the characters WILL get a happy ending eventually. Thank you for giving us six seasons and eight years of the funniest kid's show I have ever seen in my entire life! ***1/2
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Amazing World of Gumball: The BFFS (2019)
Season 6, Episode 43
It was still good
24 June 2019
I admit I was expecting more from the second to last episode. You know, a lot of characters appearing. Still, this was fun. Gumball is revealed to have an old BFF named Fuzzy who is based on a Furby. Yeah, I had one of those. I admit the ending is very clever.

Naturally, Darwin gets jealous of Fuzzy. I do like Fuzzy's voice. Gumball literally follows him all the way to Minnesota. That's where my aunt and uncle live! We've certainly had a great run with this show. It could go on forever as they'd never run out of nouns to put in front of the word "the". ***
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I just love Celestia's voice
22 June 2019
This episode features Princess Celestia and Princess Luna starting off by trying to help everyone in Canterlot. It actually does raise a very valid point. There's so much trouble going on, you'd think they'd help more. It turns out the ponies are mostly better on their own. Celestia and Luna then decide to take a vacation. Turns out that's where their real troubles begin.

We already had an episode about their relationship. This is still great because it's them on their own. It's still awesome to see them wearing all those different clothes. I know how stressful ziplining can be. It was nice to see Fancypants again. They still don't have Derpy talk. ***1/2
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Amazing World of Gumball: The Decisions (2019)
Season 6, Episode 42
Decisions, decisions
18 June 2019
I loved this episode because it was so wonderfully paced. It started off with Darwin thinking he should have Gumball make his decisions. This doesn't go so well, so he decides to find someone to make his decisions for him. He eventually comes up with Alan the balloon. Then he finally decides he should make decisions for himself. The best part is how conflict escalates.

It's a great way of discussing how Gumball always gets the kids into such zany schemes. As one of the last episodes, it figures they'd have a few more tropes to deconstruct. The animation is as wonderful as ever. It's very sad that this show is ending. It was the funniest kid's show I ever saw in my entire life! The jokes just never stop. ****
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Amazing World of Gumball: The Revolt (2019)
Season 6, Episode 41
Everything talks
17 June 2019
This episode features Darwin trying to get the inanimate objects to well, revolt. Almost every object in this series can talk. Here we're taking it seriously. At first, the objects don't care that people are using them. They then find out that when they're not being used anymore, they're going to the dump and probably incinerated. They do rebel!

There's tons of great jokes as always. I think the episode's paced wonderfully too. It's not until the last third that the title thing happens. It's pretty ungrateful that they go after Darwin. He's the one who came them the idea! Well, they go after everyone. I hope the clothes don't revolt too! ****
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
We finally got it!
15 June 2019
This episode focuses on Scootaloo's parents, whom we see for the first time! As of now, every character has had her parents introduced! But that's not what made me interested in this episode. The best thing is that we're introduced to Scootaloo's aunts, who are revealed by the creators to be a lesbian couple! This was practically the only cartoon made in the 2010's that had no gay characters in it. Okay, the actual episode is about Scootaloo's parents wanting her to move away from Ponvyille with them.

It's pretty heartbreaking how this would be a big shift. Then again, this is the show's last season. Scootaloo's parents are really cool characters too. In the end, they decide to let Scootaloo live with her aunts. Thank you so much MLP for being a show that promotes gay rights! As usual, the colors are wonderful. ****
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Amazing World of Gumball: The Heart (2019)
Season 6, Episode 40
A real heart!
13 June 2019
This episode features Gumball and Darwin overhearing that Mr. Robinson sincerely hates them. They go to the bottom of despair literally. Then they do it not literally. Mr. Robinson keeps getting arrested for taking ways of helping them literally. It seems like the heart is just a metaphor. It turns out a real heart does appear!

It ends with Mr. Robinson saying he loathes them a little less. It could get predictable. It was still pretty heartwarming. No pun intended. Well, the heart wasn't literally warmed up. ***1/2
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Amazing World of Gumball: The Mess (2019)
Season 6, Episode 39
Not a meta reference like I thought
12 June 2019
This episode featured Gumball and Darwin babysitting Penny's little sister, Polly. Gumball and Darwin spent all night watching a YouTube video so they're tired. We then get time going too forward every time they close their eyes. That's just the first half of the episode. The second half is Polly explaining what happened. It turns out she was with them the whole time.

We find out how they got into those weird scenarios. As usual, it's one great laugh after another. You always hear about strange events that we never find the answer to. Here, we get to see them all play out. It's not like "Family Guy" where they immediately show us cutaways that have nothing to do with the story. I think it's been a great last season. ****
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good, but could have been so much better
12 June 2019
This film was made in the first three seasons of "South Park" and the funny thing is that Trey Parker and Matt Stone say they hate the first three seasons of the show. I don't know if they've ever said that about this movie. Butters appears in this film, but has no lines. It's a shame, because Butters is my favorite character and it was when he had a role that the show really took off. The plot is that Kyle's mother wages war on Canada when the Terrance and Philip movie inspires the kids to swear.

This used to be the animated movie with the most swearing until "Sausage Party" came out. I wonder if Trey Parker is mad at those guys? "Casino", "Summer of Sam", "Wolf Of Wall Street" have literally THRICE as many f-words as this film and this IS a film about swearing! The closest there ever came to a second "South Park" movie was the Imaginationland trilogy but that was never intended to be a movie. My favorite joke is still, "Haven't you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?" This is followed by, "I don't listen to hip hop". ***
Aladdin (2019)
Poor Iago
11 June 2019
There were a lot of good things about this movie and a lot of bad things. I guess it equals to everything being okay. The opening song "One Jump Ahead" is easily the best part of the movie. They get some new characters or replacement characters and they're honestly quite good. The Genie gets a human love interest and it's resolved in a very clever manner. We get more insight on Jafar with how he wants to conquer other kingdoms.

Now here's the negatives. Iago was one of the funniest characters in the original and he's waaay less entertaining here. I remember the awesome climax in the original with Jafar turning into a giant snake and the Genie rooting Aladdin on! Here, none of that happens. The pacing isn't that good as it's too spread out for a two hour movie and probably could have been the length of the original film. Well, those are the goods and bads for this movie! **1/2
Nice to see Mudbriar back
8 June 2019
Yeah, I was kind of too foolish to think that by looking at the credits I'd seen Jim Parsons in the credits. I love seeing Mudbriar again. Here we have yet another episode where the Mane 6 don't appear at all. I guess I'm just not used to these characters much. Still, Starlight and Trixie play off each other so perfectly. The plot is that Silverstream is missing and the characters think she went to see a cockatrice.

Before this show, I didn't even know a cockatrice was a real mythical creature. Well, I guess there's no such thing as a real mythical creature. Just looking at this thumbnail cheers me up. Love how Maud Pie loves Mudbriar as a statue. That makes a lot of sense. It's always great to see different characters playing off of each other. ***1/2
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Amazing World of Gumball: The Web (2019)
Season 6, Episode 38
7eR3$@
3 June 2019
This episode features Nicole trying to get her children to be safe on the Internet. They then realize she's the one who needs help. This episode was absolutely hilarious as always. I will admit that it does seem a tad uh, dated? I mean, in 2019 other adults know how to use the Internet well.

Right, Mom?

It ends by revealing that the other adults are even worse than Nicole. It is nice to see Gumball and Darwin get the best of her. She does seem to be going through character development. She didn't get mad or yell at them or anything. Loved the final song with the dancing baby. I believe that was the first internet meme. ****
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The most critically acclaimed video game movie of all time!
3 June 2019
After much anticipation, we've finally gotten a movie based on a video game with a fresh rating on RottenTomatoes. "Pokemon" is not only the most popular video game franchise ever made. It's the most popular franchise ever made! It makes sense they would work extra hard on it. It's based on the "Detective Pikachu" game and tells the story of a guy who finds he can talk to a Pikachu. They team up to investigate what happened to the guy's father and investigate this purple gas that makes pokemon aggressive.

I am disappointed the characters from the anime didn't appear, especially Team Rocket! Then again, on this website, "Pokemon: Lucario And The Mystery Of Mew" still has a higher rating and I do believe that's the better one! I will admit that the villain's plan could have been better as it seemed to have little motivation. We still get great snark from none other than the guy who played Deadpool and Mr. Mime might be the best designed character here. The designs can be a bit unsettling but they still work pretty well. The twist is set up very well and it makes it seem like it won't happen, but it does what it should! ***
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.