Reviews

1,669 Reviews
South Park: Let Them Eat Goo (2019)
Season 23, Episode 4
Could have used more jokes
20 October 2019
This episodes features the South Park school's cafeteria being changed to vegan. Cartman doesn't like that and has to be hospitalized twice. I can associate with him. I had a seizure and had to go to the hospital too! Randy gives new burgers that are made of marijuana so even though they taste bad no one cares. The funniest part was at the end when he and Towelie were killing the cows.

I would have liked to see Mickey Mouse. I really liked the bits with Winnie The Pooh. I guess I haven't heard about this in the news much. I have no idea if this is what Burger King really does. I know what goes on in the news. Great to see Towelie contribute to the story. ***
0 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
How the magic of friendship grows
15 October 2019
Well, here it is, the final episode of the biggest sleeper hit in pop culture history. This episode takes place in the future where Twilight is now a fully grown alicorn. She's greeted by a student named Luster Dawn, whom she has to teach friendship about. Most of the story is flashbacks to the day she became the leader of Equestria. Don't worry, it's not a clip show! Pinkie Pie has married Cheese Sandwich and they have a daughter!

As tradition with cartoon endings, this one's bittersweet. Twilight is now immortal and will outlive all of her friends! Rainbow Dash and Applejack might be married! They deliberately left vague details about the characters' romantic lives. For all we know, Rainbow Dash could have married Soarin! It was never about romance, but as the title suggests, friendship!

I will admit that I wish the main action could have been in the final episode. That's what they did for "Gravity Falls" and "Adventure Time"! Just make it an hour long episode like they did! The first few seconds of the first episode showed a book being opened and the last few seconds of the last episode show it being closed! For me, this marks the end of the Golden Era of the best animated kid's shows. This was the longest running and thank you Lauren Faust for giving us one of the most unbelievably good franchises of all time! ****
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
"I could transform the cosmos so everything is made of icing!"
14 October 2019
This is the second to last episode in the entire series and it's pretty freaking awesome. Discord manages to free the Mane 6 and they all appear together. Like I found out before, all the good guys come together in the end. We get this great montage that shows them gathering all the characters of different species. Now Twilight has realized that she doesn't need the Elements of Harmony to stop the villains. It was awesome seeing Tempest among them too!

We get some great battle scenes and we see Pinkie Pie at some of her funniest. There actually are going to be Season 10 comics that finish the story, just like "Adventure Time". The pacing's great and I think I might mention pacing too much in my reviews. I will admit it would have been nice to have it all concluded in one long final episode. Still, this is where we get our epic battle! Everyone's important in the end! ****
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
As great as you'd imagine
12 October 2019
Well, after nine years this classic cartoon is finally ending! The episode starts off with Tirek, Queen Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow using the magic bell to become as powerful as they can. They get the slip on Grogar...who is revealed to be Discord in disguise! Pity they stole his powers too! Discord manages to warn everybody, but it's too late. Discord wanted to create a threat to give Twilight and her friends credibility.

Yeah, this was amazing. Twilight's coronation is being set up. The villains have been secretly pitting all the ponies against each other. Great to see them all here. My only complaint is that it would have been cool to see the actual Grogar appear. It's still everypony at their best! ****
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
South Park: Shots!!! (2019)
Season 23, Episode 3
Happy 300th episode!
11 October 2019
So, this is the big 300th episode. I know it would be hard to top the 200th and 201st episodes, seeing as how they were literally threatened about it. The previous episode was titled "Band In China" and it caused the show to literally be banned in China. I admit this seems underwhelming. There wasn't really anything too special done here. It was just Randy boasting about making 300 thousand dollars.

So, the plot is that Cartman refuses to get his shot and acts like a pig whenever someone wants to give him one. It's great that they talk about how important it is to get vaccines. That's definitely something kids don't want to do, but have to. I missed Mickey Mouse and the Disney characters in this. It's still funny to see Cartman act like a pig. It was fine, but not enough for a milestone celebration. ***
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Joker (I) (2019)
Body count: 10
11 October 2019
I am just amazed at how this only 69% of critics liked it, but it has a 9.0 here! I admit that it's not as good as Heath Ledger's Joker, but it's still awesome. The funny thing is that there's a good reason why the movie isn't called "THE Joker". The creators said that the Joker might just be a persona various people took. Batman does in fact appear in this, but only as a small child. He's worked very well into the plot.

I could really associate with what Joker was going through. He had been taking all these medicines yet none of them worked. He was angry at the rich for oppressing the poor. Him killing rich people at first really does inspire people. It really was a great study on the status of the richest and treats the story as very mundane. That was kind of already done in "The Dark Knight", but the focus is done so well here too. ***1/2
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just one (three?) more
5 October 2019
Hey, this website went back to showing the highest rated episodes on the site! I don't know why, but I like it better that way. This was great as it features Big Macintosh proposing to Sugar Belle. Discord and everyone else manage to mess everything up. It even ends with their wedding! I do wish that the episode was more about their wedding and not their proposal.

I love Granny Smith describing her dream about Grand Pear going into space. It's a reference to him being voiced by William Shatner of "Star Trek"! I like the way the story's told from everyone's perspective. They don't really have cameras in this universe, do they? It's still a great episode. Once again, I'm sad the show is ending. ***1/2
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
South Park: Band in China (2019)
Season 23, Episode 2
Will they do Hello Kitty next?
4 October 2019
I remember looking up and finding out that Winnie The Pooh generates even more revenue than "Star Wars" along with Mickey Mouse and "Pokemon". They had done episodes about Mickey Mouse and "Pokemon" and here's one about Winnie The Pooh! He's not depicted as evil, but he does get killed. So the plot is that Randy is trying to sell weed in China. He gets arrested for doing that and gets out of prison by offering to help the Chinese. He gets help from Mickey Mouse too.

I just really do love how the song is going on with story arcs. I mean, for a show that's topical, that is a very hard thing to do. Aww, I missed Towelie. I had no idea Winnie The Pooh was controversial in China. Great allusion to the "Fingerbang" song. That might be the catchiest one they ever made. ****
13 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The last CMC episode!
28 September 2019
This episode features the Cutie Mark Crusaders wanting to go the Appleloosa, but can't get a guardian. They talk to all the Mane 6 about this, but not Pinkie Pie for some reason! Why don't they try getting her to help them?! They find a magic flower that they wish to become adults. They go on the wrong train, assuming going on any train will get them to their destination. That's called reality ensuing.

They meet these other kids that have a pet called a Whirling Montooth. I have to admit that this is a really clever idea. I do wish the episode hadn't focused so much on the guest characters. I even kind of wish the transformation was permanent. Still, this was a great sendoff to all of the Cutie Mark Crusaders' adventures. Maybe their voices could have been changed as adults too. ***1/2
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
South Park: Mexican Joker (2019)
Season 23, Episode 1
The reviews have higher scores
27 September 2019
So this episode features a new intro where Randy is talking about Tegridy Farms. We can get used to it! Randy finds out other people are growing weed and he's losing profits. He gives an anonymous tip to get rid of Mexican workers. Cartman, upon finding out that anyone can do that, gives a tip that Kyle is an illegal alien. He gets detained, but later Stan does the same to Cartman who shows up in the same detainment camp.

The actual title doesn't appear until halfway through the episode. It has Kyle making up a Mexican Joker to scare the police into letting the Mexican kids go. It's easily the funniest part of the episode, especially with how they talk about flashbacks. They use a Princess Star. Was that a "Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil" joke? Eh, probably not. ***1/2
18 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Goodbye, Daring Do
23 September 2019
This episode is the last Daring Do in the series and it actually gives it proper closure. It starts off with a parody of George R. R. Martin writing books critical of Daring Do. It's revealed to be her enemy, Dr. Caballeron in disguise. He manipulates Fluttershy into helping he and his henchmen find the magical Truth Talisman, which as it name suggets, makes its wearer tell the truth. They come across Daring Do's archnemesis Ahuizotl, who wants it too. The best part is how everyone is understood.

We find out Dr. Caballeron does become friends with Fluttershy, so while he did want to steal the talisman, he wanted to do the right thing after all. Fluttershy suggests finding out what motivates Ahuizotl, and what do you know? He has good motives too! I'm just impressed at how this show teaches lessons about friendship. It shows that well all have good in us. Maybe not so much Queen Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow. ****
Body count: 8
21 September 2019
This is a pretty long awaited film as the original was ranked as one of the best Stephen King movies ever. I agree and thought this movie was pretty good. The plot's pretty basic, with the Losers being reunited as adults to fight Pennywise. They have to perform this ritual where they sacrifice tokens. I will admit that the movie probably is too long. It's the longest horror movie I've ever seen!

The characters are still pretty likeable. Richie's my favorite and I could have sworn that was Dana Gould playing him. I liked seeing their future careers as I could totally see them doing those kinds of things as adults. The problem is that I just like the kid actors a lot better. I guess it's good we got to see them again for a long time! It's a nice message about nostalgia. ***
Love that animation
15 September 2019
This episode mocks nepotism. It features Starlight Glimmer wanting to take on the role of head mare of the friendship school. It turns out Twilight really is going to take over for Princess Celestia. Well, I did look at the last episode. Starlight creates the role of vice mare to help her. Trixie wants to fulfill the role.

Probably the best part is that not only does Trixie not get the position, but none of the people Starlight interviews do! She and Trixie have it both their ways. Her friend Sunburst takes the mantle. I just love the facial expressions as always in this episode. This is a pretty unique lesson and I liked how it was unpredictable. It's so sad this is the last season. ****
Good, but not great
7 September 2019
As we're getting into the last episodes of the show, these episodes will have a big impact. The plot of this one is that Rarity notices Spike is spending more time with Gabby, a griffin. Gabby first appeared awhile ago and she was almost as energetic as Pinkie Pie! Never once in this episode is Spike's crush on Rarity mentioned. Maybe he's grown out of it? I think that is a sign of maturity.

I will admit this episode was kind of boring. It still manages to be good. I just hold the show up to a very high standard. Rarity does kind of learn how to be without Spike. The interactions between these characters is what makes the show so great. I could watch them play off each other all day. ***
I wanna marry Discord
31 August 2019
This episode starts with Fluttershy trying to help all her animal friends at the sanctuary. She and Angel Bunny go to Zecora and ask for a potion that can help them better understand each other. It ends with them swapping bodies. Angel can now talk and Fluttershy can't! I admit it doesn't make that much sense. Wouldn't Fluttershy still be able to talk in Angel's body?

How does Angel in Fluttershy's body know how to talk? Who cares, it's a great episode! It's just so entertaining to see an animal switch bodies with...an animal. Well, one that talks. I love how they really do address how weird it is with predators having to eat vegetarian animals. I really do say pacing a lot in my reviews, don't I? ****
Not too descriptive
24 August 2019
The description given here wasn't very good. It doesn't mention that Tirek, Cozy Glow, and Queen Chrysalis were the villains! Well, that did make it all the more unpredictable and enjoyable for me. This episode features Twilight's friends preparing for the title event. We see Tirek absorb the life energies of some ponies. I was confused as to how they didn't say how it went back to normal during the episode, but it does say at the end!

I also love how this shows great character development for Twilight. Way back in Season 2's "Lesson Zero" we saw her freak out when things went wrong. Here, we explicitly have her mention that she has become stronger and won't act like this when there's a big conflict. Pinkie Pie is always fun to see with her eating everything. The episode ends with the villains getting the book they needed. Can't wait to see what happens next! ****
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best of the last season!
17 August 2019
This episode features Twilight going to win a trivia game. She's won it twice in a row, but this time she has to deal with a new partner...Pinkie Pie! Now that I think about it, Twilight and Pinkie Pie don't interact that much. Twilight believes that Pinkie Pie will be a hindrance, so she decides to get rid of her. She even tries to get the competitors disqualified! I admit that it is weird to see Twilight acting this way.

On the other hand, it's very amusing. The animation was amazing in this. Something about Pinkie Pie's nose just appeals to me. It ends with Twilight and Pinkie Pie reforming into a pair for the trivia contest. They start all over, but with zero points! Twilight says she'd rather lose than not spend time with her. The episode just ends and we never find out if they succeeded! ****
They say the title!
11 August 2019
This episode features Rainbow Dash being hired by Twilight to help out with the cheerleading squad. It's certainly something she isn't used to. The funniest part was easily at the end when Princess Celestia was yelling at the game. I don't think she's ever done that before. I think I should mention that in the end the team doesn't actually win. It turns out that it was more about the cheerleaders working hard.

Sure, it didn't work out the best, but they definitely tried. I love a show that teaches that lesson. I like all the references to 120% cooler. I like to see only the female ponies of the Student 6. I mean, they are cheerleaders! I think of a certain dirty word whenever they say "Buckball". ***1/2
I could enjoy this
7 August 2019
This movie features Hobbs and Shaw teaming up (hence the title) to stop a virus from infecting the world. A spy named Hattie has literally injected it into herself so an evil organization named Etreon tracks her down to get it. I like how straightforward the story is. Then again, I still couldn't remember most of the characters' names. Guess whose names I could remember? I am very impressed at how movie spinoffs have come so far.

I admit I didn't care for the romance between Hobbs and Hattie. This agent named Brexton who is some kind of cyborg. I admit that it does seem like they're running out of ideas and are just trying to cash in on the superhero craze that's been going on lately. Still, we really do get great pacing and very creative fight scenes, especially the end. Sure, they're not as good action characters as the Avengers, but they still have enough quirks to be well developed characters. Dwayne Johnson/The Rock simply HAS to be the most prolific actor who was also a professional wrestler. ***
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cheese Sandwich!
4 August 2019
According to my calculations, "Pinkie Pride" was ranked as the best episode ever! This is sort of a sequel to it, although I admit it was a tough act to follow. It features on Pinkie Pie finding out Cheese Sandwich has lost his laugh. I admit it's too bad seeing him like that. He has created his own laugh factory. His employees don't seem too happy.

Obviously, neither does he. I admit the conclusion could be better. It's of course great to hear Weird Al Yankovic again! I realize now that he rarely did voices for more than one episode of a cartoon. Dang, this show went from a 7.7 to a 7.6. Please vote it up people! ***1/2
The Lion King (2019)
Will there be more live-action films will fully CGI characters?
27 July 2019
I had heard bad things about this movie, but in all honesty, I did enjoy it. It's true that the original is much better, but I really did feel the good outweighed the bad here. Unlike "Aladdin", it doesn't add any new characters. It's mostly a faithful adaptation. The pacing was really good here, especially when you consider the movie's two hours long. I think the main problem with "Alice In Wonderland" was that it changed too many things while this one should have had more changes, but I'd rather have it like that.

The special effects are really impressive. There are still a lot of faults here and there. I did not care for the singing at all in this, especially how "Be Prepared" was really disappointing. This had so little energy in it, especially considered that in the original voice actor Jeremy Irons actually strained his voice and had to be replaced with Jim Cummings! I know a lot of people hate this movie and that's fine. I thought the voice acting with John Oliver and Seth Rogen was great and it's worth watching if only because it's the list fully CGI live-action movie.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Toy Story 4 (2019)
They did it again!
22 July 2019
This is the best fourth installment I've ever seen in any series! I remember back when this very website said that there was a "Toy Story 4", but then in the FAQ it was just said to be a hoax. I guess it was real after all! Many people were skeptic because "Toy Story 3" was the perfect finale to the series. I knew they had to make a major change if they would make it as good as the other ones. I remember when the ending was coming and I said that I went the way, I would put this on the same pedestal as the previous ones.

And guess what happened? The previous movie mentioned that Bo Peep had left, but they never showed how. They do in the first six minutes of this film! So the plot is that Bonnie literally makes a new toy out of a spork and googly eyes which turns out be a real toy! "Sporky" can't understand his status as a toy and tries to leave the family when they're on a road trip. Turns out he more or less accepts that he's a toy in the first thirty minutes of the movie!

Unfortunately, Woody and Sporky have to deal with a villain named Gabby, who wants to steal Woody's voicebox. Duke Kaboom (voiced by Keanu Reeves) doesn't appear until halfway through the movie. He ends up still being a great character! This movie has great joke after great joke and everything else great! It's great how they worked so hard to flesh out Bo Peep's characters. It's too bad that some of the voice cast had died, which is why they don't have that much of a role here (especially Mr. Potato Head with Don Rickles). ****
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I thought Mysterio was an Asgard
8 July 2019
This movie features Spider-Man going on vacation with his class to Italy. As you might have guessed, trouble follows him there. He's recruited to stop giant monsters called the Elementals from destroying the Earth. He gets help from Mysterio. I love the opening, where it shows the deceased Avengers. I thought it was in memoriam to Stan Lee at first!

Captain America is mentioned, so it can be assumed he died of old age. We get this great bit at the beginning where they talk about having to adjust to half the population being five years older. While they don't go into much detail, it's still great to acknowledge. Now, fans of the comics would know what the twist is and it happens halfway through the film. As someone who is a fan, it's still set up really well. As if that wasn't enough, they throw in another huge twist at the end.

And then they throw in another twist at the very end! Honestly, I really don't want to say what happens, but just let me say that it's probably the biggest example of an MCU film that must be seen to be believed. Peter Parker's friend is a lot of fun, although I do think Mary Jane could have been better. I just love how bright and colorful this movie is! Everything really does make sense in the end! It's just such a beautiful film it's one everyone should see! ****
44 out of 66 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Way better than the movie!
30 June 2019
This is a 60 minute "My Little Pony" special, so it's not a movie. It is however animated in the same way as the movie. It seems like it could be considered a second movie, even if it's technically not. I thought this was tons of fun because it didn't have a villain. There was a still a problem of course. The synopsis is that Rainbow Dash and her friends are invited to the Rainbow Festival at a town called Hope Hollow.

They quickly find out there's no color! The mayor is named Sunny Skies and he says that there was an accident at their last festival that got rid of all the color. Eventually, we find out that isn't true. There's also a mare named Petunia Petals, the first pony we see there. I said to myself that I would give this a perfect score if they got together. You can guess what happened next.

This has a lot of depth, because it goes into so much detail about friendship. As noted by the Nostalgia Critic, that's what makes this show so good. I love how it individually focuses on how the characters and how they each contribute. It's what makes these characters so wonderful. Of course, it's sad seeing this show finally end. We had a great go with it. ****
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Amazing World of Gumball: The Inquisition (2019)
Season 6, Episode 44
They already used "The Finale"
25 June 2019
This is a great episode on its own, but the problem is that it's not good as a finale. This episode features the Elmore superintendent literally named "Evil" forcing the students to not be cartoonish. They get turned into humans and eventually live-action humans like the superintendent himself! There's these great scenes where Darwin and Gumball use their cartoon physics against the human characters. It really is a great way of showing how their world works. Everyone goes back to normal and they find out Superintendent Evil was Rob in disguise.

He gets beat up before he can explain why he was trying to change everyone. The episode ends with him falling into the Void which is consuming all of Elmore. This is the last episode of the show and it ends on a cliffhanger and practically accomplishes nothing. We just really, REALLY have to hope that there's a movie (possibly TV) that will give everyone a happy ending. "The Cringe" did show Penny and Gumball getting married and having kids, so hopefully that's proof that the characters WILL get a happy ending eventually. Thank you for giving us six seasons and eight years of the funniest kid's show I have ever seen in my entire life! ***1/2
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.