Reviews

Rough Night (2017)
Funny and brilliant!
12 August 2019
I absolutely had a fun night watching it. Yes it is a cheesy comedy but it actually really surprised me with the turns and a bit of darkness involved in the story. It was funny and unexpected, acting was fantastic including a memorable appearance by Demi Moore as a bisexual lady of a couple which made the story even weirder and more hilarious. Overall, a lighthearted great comedy with some good drama.
Gentleman Jack (2019– )
Absolutely incredible
9 June 2019
Can't believe this is true story of a real person! Thank goodness Miss Lister kept those diaries. It is very genuine and told incredibly well. As for the story, I feel quite sad that despite this was over 200 years ago, still majority of our society is not far from these hateful opinions, and still people have such dark opinions on gay and lesbians. I have a very soft spot for the struggle of Walker, being so sensitive and depressed, and the horrible things she has been going through. I was happy to read that they did end up together in real life.
8 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Monsters yay story meh
1 June 2019
It felt like a huge discrepancy between the animal design and special effects, which were highly skilled, and the story tellers script writers and character design, which were all flawed and awful. The story: TERRIBLE. From the start, the script was all over the place. I wasn't even sure what I was watching. My friend went to toilets and when he returned and asked what he missed I said honestly like... nothing. It was that bad. The family's story was weird and uncompelling. The scientist who freed the Hydra monster had such a terrible plot that it was sadly laughable! And all along the movie was desperately missing a reliable hero that will make us care. The battles: phenomenal. The monsters were designed very well and they were scary. Godzilla was majestic and the three headed Hydra was frightening to say the least! Movie set and atmosphere: another thing the movie lacked is the set. It felt very claustrophobic. We were missing all the effect on people's lives with the monsters, the news clips, the president reacting, REAL PEOPLE. The only people we saw were the boring scientists inside the submarine, and boy was that daunting. Occasionally, we saw some people running from a monster with buildings falling over their heads but it just wasn't well made. The frame is a huge part of a movie and any good monster or disaster film must have a good frame to make it work, intimacy with the characters and their world. This film was too distant and paid too much attention to battles at sea without the human factor.

Conclusion: long and daunting, with phenomenal battles between monsters, terrible plot and horrible characters.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wind River (2017)
Heartbreaking and hard to watch
31 May 2019
This is a very good film, and draws attention to the wild life in this area where native women are being raped and murdered and their lives are wasted, as authorities don't take things seriously and spend more energy on turf wars. It is difficult to watch at some scenes how much this woman have suffered and how horrible what they have done to her, and the lives of the victim's families. Olsen did a great job and her acting seem much more mature than her siblings. I would recommend watching if you have the stomach for it.
Bull (2016– )
Not in the mood for sexual harassment...
29 May 2019
It's disappointing that Weatherly behaves in such a disgusting way towards a female costar, and it ruins the show for me. If a man cannot be respectful towards other people and not make 'rape jokes' then this guy should not be engaging society.
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a stressing film!
25 May 2019
Prepare to not breath for 1.5 hours! This is a full tension movie and very claustrophobic. I thought it was very decent actually and well acted despite the low score. I also found the storyline to be very realistic, minus the malicious sharks but that is already expected from such films. It's certainly not a "fun" movie cause it does not spare you from feeling devastated in the end...
The Fosters (2013–2018)
Inlove with this show
19 May 2019
It really has everything and very realistic, every character is a bit flawed as all people are. I'm sad it's over! One of the best family drama series.
9-1-1 (2018– )
Wow this is just gross
17 May 2019
I only watched a few minutes from an episode and was so grossed out that I regretted watching it.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Hustle (2019)
Loved it!
13 May 2019
Very light and funny film. Both actresses shine and the script was smart.
3 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Game of Thrones: The Last of the Starks (2019)
Season 8, Episode 4
Best episode of season so far
11 May 2019
I am surprised people hated it so much. It was the best of the season ehich was really bad thus far. The only thing I really hated is seeing that dragon fall. Aweful!
5 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not well made
4 May 2019
Its amazing how they managed to take such a compelling stressful true story about a kidnap of an airplane and make it so boring!

First of all, having the Israelis talking in broken English between them is lazy and plain stupid. Put some subs for those scenes for godsakes. Additionally, the film feels very unattached and unemotional. I am not sure about the budget but I would suggest it was very low for this film since it just seems like a poor production.
Loved it
27 April 2019
It was flawed but the characters were fantastic. Story was the part that was lacking, but Naomi Watts and the kids were phenomenal. Her character was fantastic, real and down to earth. She may seem to some like a bad mom but she was am excellent mother, loving and supportive. The story was a bit of a mess, like two films in one. Still it was great and I would recommend .
Her (2013)
Remarkable
27 April 2019
What is human connection? Are we all lonely? What are machines? Can computers feel autonomously or are they only part of our subconscious... it also makes you think about relationships, love and voice and touch, however does it make it real because humans are real? Or are we projecting our feelings onto everything that can make us feel loved? the film makes you think and ask so many questions, about our feelings and love and connections, humanity and machines and our integration with them and within ourselves.
Turn Up Charlie (2019– )
What's with the Beats commercial
23 April 2019
It is too lame and obvious how they are sponsored by Beats headphones which apear in every frame! Ha! No real musician is using them as studio headphones. Otherwise it is a cute show. Not too great but watchable. Great cast.
Wynonna Earp (2016– )
Wow this is getting dark
21 April 2019
Season 1 starts off slowly weak but the acting is fresh and great. Lead actresses was born for this role. However, it gets better as the season unfolds and season 2 becomes really dark and crazy! Also i love the Waverly character development.
Disobedience (2017)
Phenomenal
20 April 2019
What a beautiful film. It is so sad how a closed cult/community can be so judgemental and unaccommodating. The two women shared love and connection, however the heavy burden of the relgious community suppressed them as human beings and their desires and free will. The music and the filmography were wonderful and both actresses were phenomenal! Bravo.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The animation is amazing
5 April 2019
Some of the best animation and artwork I have seen in this show. However, the show is too clearly written by men for men, and beyond me is why men love to watch women being raped/tortured or having a past as such, stories of revenge and some male saving the poor girl. I really don't enjoy watching it and it ruins everything.
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
In a nutshell
2 April 2019
The film really grasps the feel and atmosphere of anime. It took some iconic scenes from the original, but I cannot compare as a whole since I haven't watched the entire original film. Nethertheless, it truly contains the mind numbing quality of futuristic anime films. As a story it isn't always compelling, and if it was a usual action packed movie I would rate it much lower on the scale for being a bit sparse, however this style of filmmaking is unique and contains some true qualities of atmospheric, mind bogging, generic sadness of a technology- packed world, that no doubtly would cause us all severe depression, and its empty shells of robotics human.
After Earth (2013)
Well that sucked
31 March 2019
It was so bad that I didn't even care stop after 20 minutes and move on to a different movie. Horrible script, lame acting, boring boring. It really felt as if Smith wanted to initiate his son's career but why do we need to suffer for it?
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Blue Jasmine (2013)
Terrible characters
29 March 2019
Would have worked if Jasmin was actually a likable character, with all her complexities. I think Blanchett just didn't work in this role and the characters really made me cringe. I like films with flawed characters but that was just shallow in the surface.
Wow
29 March 2019
WA has made another brilliant dark film. His dark explorations of meaning of life and death, like in Cassadra's Dream, are fantastic and compelling. His other movies are not that consistent though, and vary from boring to pointless. This is one of his best, and the acting was fantastic. A must watch.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Café Society (2016)
Seriously boring and pointless
28 March 2019
This is such a pointless film. Even Stewart couldn't save it, but she was fantastic I think and enjoyable to watch her on it.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
First Match (2018)
Great
22 March 2019
I loved that it was very authentic and the acting was great. Sad to see how some parents ruin their kids' lives and have such bad influence. This film is inspiring and shows the true power of will and complexities of our society. That poor girl really had it rough. Being a girl in a place where girls are only being sexualised, poor and basically almost homeless, with a beatup dad who only tried to use her, and a few good people on the way.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Riverdale (2017– )
Started badly but got better
19 March 2019
Give it a chance and it gets better. I like how they address real social issues and struggles of women in high school and how some boys can be abusive bullies. Don't really get why they had to do a student teacher romance... but, oh well.
0 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gilmore Girls (2000–2007)
Perfect
18 March 2019
One of the best shows ever made. It has something for everybody. It is funny, deep, sad, smart and stupid all at the same time. The atmosphere is so rare and unique. A true magic.