WOW. What. an. episode. WOW! 🙌
22 November 2019
I'm assuming this episode was the mid-season finale, and wow was the writing insane! The flash-forwards all came together well, but the newest flash-forwards towards the end!?! The last 10 mins of this episode is probably the best I've seen in any TV series! This show is pulling no stops, I just hate the fact I have to wait so long for the next episode. Perfect writing, directing, acting... perfect everything! A perfect 10/10 from me. 🙌 It's going to be hard to top this one, but then again I've said that a few too may times in previous mid/end season finales.
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cosmos (2019)
Ignore the new world record for fake 10/10 reviews, this was a snoozefest!
21 November 2019
Don't get tricked like I did, this film is not even close to a 10, and it's sad to see the daily fake 9 and 10/10's from new users only rating this film.

It goes to show you the desperation these filmmakers have to fool their audience.

The score was too much, the scenes were way too long/extended, and the slow pacing made this feel like a 3+ hours long snoozefest.

The directing was decent, but that's about it. This screenplay should have had 80% edited and chopped to the cutting room floor.

The overall rating is more realistic, although I'm sure that's also on the high side when you have 64 of the current all 132 reviews 9's and 10's. Don't waste your time, even if you're bored.

Hopefully the Weaver brothers will have learned something from this overall marketing performance and focus more on film making.
7 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gemini Man (2019)
Wow the haters are out on full patrol with this film
17 November 2019
How can anyone give this film anything less than a 6? Wannabe critics are quick with all the 1, 2 and 3's. This film was well directed, decently written, excellently cast, great score, amazing v/sfx and non stop action. The pacing was perfect and the run-time just right. Smith was his usual outstanding self, as was his CGI younger twin. Very enjoyable story and great entertainment. I wanted more! It's a well deserved 8/10 from me for this great production. Ignore the troll reviews and go see it, it's a good time for sure.
19 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great biopic story produced perfectly
13 November 2019
I never knew about this story and the whistle-blower, but mad props to her and for the producers putting this film together. Great directing and cinematography, written and cast perfectly with outstanding performances by everyone especially Keira Knightley. Pacing was a little slow and some scenes should've been trimmed down a bit to make the 112 min run-time not feel so long. A well deserved 8/10 from me.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Playing with Fire (I) (2019)
Mindless fun and entertainment for the entire family!
11 November 2019
Simmer down you wannabe critics, this film was a blast! Sure it was a little infantile, but if you expected something dramatic and serious, then give yourself a 1/10, not this film!

Directing and cinematography was great, as was the writing. The comedy was actually funny and entertaining, and presented perfectly by every actor (even the little ones). Casting was amazing - great to see some of my favorite funnymen Keegan-Michael Key and John Leguizamo. Pacing was perfect for the 96 min runtime. It's a well deserved and honest 8/10 from me
25 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Joker (2019)
Joker = multiple Oscar wins
10 November 2019
Wow. This film is more realistic than any other comic book character, ever. Joaquin Phoenix will finally get his Oscar, as will Todd Phillips for bringing his brilliant vision to life. This film is perfection in every aspect, although I would've liked the pace a little faster with about 10 min of 122 min runtime trimmed down. Still, wow. 9/10 from me.
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Playing the character of Rudy Ray Moore was made for Eddie Murphy - and he nails it!
6 November 2019
I've been a long time fan of Murphy since the start of his career and have seen every single film of his at least once. This film is another home run, as he nailed his role in playing Rudy Ray Moore. Outstanding production and design, great directing, awesome writing - pacing a little slow though, excellent cinematography, soundtrack and score on point and all cast members were perfection! Great to see some of my favorite comedians and actors all get together and have a blast making this little gem, and I thank them for doing it, as I never would've know the awesome story of Rudy Ray Moore. A well deserved 8/10 from me.
Who even cries watching an SVU episode? ✋
1 November 2019
WOW, the writers went all out with this emotional episode. Excellent writing - a refreshing change from the usual (SVU) suspects with 3 well-executed issues. Hope to see more variety in the future like this. Have some tissue close by watching this episode. A perfect 10/10 from me.
16 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Much different from the first film, and that's ok.
28 October 2019
Not sure why the low score, but I enjoyed this film as much as the first one. It is totally different, and that's a good thing.

The production value in this one was outstanding with magnificent visuals and cinematography. Directing was excellent, as was the story. The score as well as the length and pacing were perfect in creating tension and suspense, that I found myself holding my breath many times throughout this film. Casting wasn't as top grade as the first film, but all actors performed great, especially Sly's daughter Sistine Stallone who made her full length feature film debut, and nailed it.

A very enjoyable and excellently produced underwater thriller that is well deserving of my 8/10.
Luce (2019)
Unnecessarily convoluted and underwhelming half-baked misfire
28 October 2019
Outstanding score - it goes to show you how easily it can make or break a film. Casting and performances were great. Cinematography and directing were decent, but the writing/screenplay was unnecessarily convoluted and underwhelming in trying to create mystery and suspense, but instead presented a half-baked misfire of a plot. The slow pacing and choppy plot made the 109 min run-time feel like 3 hours. Luce missed a huge opportunity to be something great had it had more substance than filler. It's a very generous 6/10 from me.
23 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Refuge (2019)
OMG the most boring movie I have ever seen!
24 October 2019
Since I can't give this 0/10, I will explain why it deserves the 1/10... because Keith Sutliff managed to pay for 1,200+ positive ratings, and that has to be a record! I'm guessing rich daddy bankrolled this 90 min mess that felt like an eternity.

When you write, direct, produce, star, edit, +++ in a film to make your resume look like you're an experienced filmmaker, at least don't waste the viewers precious time with Go-Pro's mounted in your car so we can see you drive, drive some more, and drive. And instead of paying for all those fake ratings, Sutliff should have paid for a "beginners film-making course".

This 90-minute pile of boredom would've been much better served as a 10 min short. If you cut out all the driving sequences, the rambling monologues, pointless conversations and underserved characters, you might piece together a tense and efficient drama that meets its goal of holding the audience in suspense. Unfortunately, this film exists as an overlong, often boring, and pale imitation of other films in its genre. I can only applaud the score, but unfortunately, the concept was obviously too bloated for either the capability or budget (or both) of the production.

The dialogue sound was garbage, the editing was terrible, the acting was atrocious, the writing a joke. This has to be one of the worst films I've seen, and sadly I got tricked into watching it. Don't make the same mistake I did, and pass on this garbage. A modest 1/10 from me.
59 out of 63 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Kill Chain (2019)
Flawed, but surprisingly better than I expected
23 October 2019
The acting, directing and cinematography were great, but the writing had some issues with convoluted and long dragged out scenes. Too much time was spent on story-telling and not enough on what was actually happening and the parties that were involved. The 91 min length felt a little long with such a simplistic story and its slow pace. Still, Cage and Acosta where great together in that cool hotel production set. Had the writing been tighter, this would've been a hit. It's a 7/10 from me.
20 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Kill Team (2019)
A riveting biopic of Adam Winfield, a 21-year-old infantryman in Afghanistan
22 October 2019
Novice writer and director Dan Krauss makes his full length feature film debut with this film, that was an adaptation of a documentary of the same name, also directed by Krauss.

This film is a riveting biopic of Specialist Adam Winfield, a 21-year-old infantryman in Afghanistan who attempted with the help of his father to alert the military to heinous war crimes his platoon was committing.

It is very well directed and perfectly cast, with exceptional performances by Alexander Skarsgard and Nat Wolff. Cinematography was excellent, as was the score. The pacing was a little slow, but the 87 min runtime flew by with the constant tension and suspense throughout the entire film.

Both a tense moral thriller and a disheartening account of a country's actions abroad, this film is a great watch. I'm shocked with the low rating and some of the political-based comments from wannabe critics, but it's a well deserved 8/10 from me.
24 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stuber (2019)
Writing and comedy was flat
21 October 2019
Casting was great as were the performances, and the directing on point, but the writing and comedy was flat and stale. There's mindless entertainment, and then there's mindless boredom, and the writing was just that. I laughed at Stuber, but I laughed less and less as the movie went on, and I cared less, too. Missed the mark for me. 6/10 mainly for the acting and directing.
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
2 hours of nothing exciting
20 October 2019
Great acting, directing, cinematography, but the writing was long and dragged out with the slow pacing and convoluted script. The abrupt time-line jumping was so dumb, it made it look like a bad editing issue. A lot of filler with no substance. Had Aaron Paul been the killer, that would've made for one heck of an interesting and suspenseful film. Otherwise, it's just a boring biography of the average American woman everyone already knows about. 5/10
9 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Drone (2019)
Loved it! It's the best dumbest film I've ever seen, but..
19 October 2019
For starters, the concept of a simple drone as the antagonist in a horror-comedy is genius!

This film is by far the best dumbest and cheesiest horror-comedy film I've ever seen, but I really wish it had ended after the fire (don't want to give too much away). The extra 5 minutes just took away from the normal entertaining nonsense that happened prior, and had me saying "ytho?" Had that been omitted and ended right there, I would've given this low-budget B-grade film a 9/10.

Still though, I enjoyed every aspect - the cheesy and entertaining acting and characters, the gore (lmao at bathroom scene!), the suspense and thrills, and that drone actually became a character to me, albeit the real star was some kid behind the scenes with the controller lol.

If you're looking for lavish cinematography or a deep message, you won't find it here. The Drone is just silly entertainment with some fun kills. It doesn't ask to be taken seriously; it just wants us to smile. We need more of these films.

It's a well deserved 7.5 rounded up to an 8/10 from me. If anyone thinks this review is fake, click on my username to see my 1000+ ratings and 700+ reviews. Then grab the popcorn and go see this little gem!
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Laundromat (I) (2019)
Wasted talent with the terrible and convoluted writing and poor execution
19 October 2019
Some reviewers saying "if you have a brain", when clearly that's not the issue. Yes, we all get the story, but it was presented on a terrible and convoluted screenplay with poor execution, and a side of overbearing score. Long dragged out unnecessary scenes and terrible pacing, made this dark comedy a nonsense, that a 5th grader could've presented this story much better. Even the editing seemed like a hack-job. Such a waste of talent - Oldman and Banderas were entertaining, but a high-school drama student could've played Streep's simplistic role. Production design, cinematography and camera work were the only redeeming qualities. It's a very generous 5/10 from me.
30 out of 70 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Brother's Honor (2019 TV Movie)
And the award for...
17 October 2019
...the most fake reviews goes to: A Brother's Honor

Acting was not believable, cinematography was ok, and the directing and writing was amateurish.

It's pathetic the producers decided to spend their money on fake reviews, rather than a better production. Out of the current 30 reviews, only 1 is real.

It's a 1/10 from me
15 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Too many small mistakes failed this great opportunity
16 October 2019
Although the directing was decent by TV show director Ben Lewin, the editing was terrible. It's as if the film was cut and taped together like in the old days. The sound editing was atrocious with the overbearing score that in many scenes was louder than the actors dialogue. The cinematography however was excellent, as was the production design. The top notch cast performed decent, given the screenplay they had to work with, that sadly loses sight of the most interesting elements of its fact-based story, dropping the ball and leaving likable lead Paul Rudd stranded. The film never finds a way into Berg's personality that explores his many facets without reducing him to a blank-slate character at the center of a traditionally-made period thriller. And while Rudd is a likeable performer who turned out to have more range than anyone might have predicted from seeing him in early roles, he didn't do much for me here. As many times as the supporting characters, including the adoring but frustrated Estella, describe Berg as a riddle or enigma, the character remains a closed book, a personality type that's difficult to portray, because it requires the actor to continually tease the possibility of revelation without giving audiences the answers they seek. There aren't too many actors you'll watch for 98 minutes even when they're purposefully giving you very little, and I don't think Rudd, who becomes a superstar whenever he grins and delivers a deadpan wisecrack, is one of them. Sadly it's a disappointing 6/10 from me.
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Emergence: No Outlet (2019)
Season 1, Episode 4
If this is the reward after 4 episodes, I'm disappointed.
16 October 2019
The writing just made every previous episode full of plot issues to the point of ridiculous. E.g. when things started getting questionable (1-2 episodes prior), why wouldn't Jo call the FBI, or Homeland security? Especially during this episode! And as if a so rich and resourceful Richard Kindred hasn't reclaimed his property yet. I get that TV entertainment doesn't always have to be logical, but when you have this many plot holes and issues, the series starts to get sloppy and unappealing.

I still can't stand the casting of Allison Tolman, Robert Bailey Jr. and now even Maria Dizzia, who just don't fit their characters - especially Bailey Jr., to the point that instead of growing on you, they become annoying trying to fit in their characters role.

Nevertheless, I wont change my overall series score of 7/10 just yet, but will wait until it's finished... you never know, a miracle may happen that wins me over. But for this episode, it's a disappointing 5/10 for the cheesy writing.
10 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
And the award for...
15 October 2019
...the most fake reviews goes to: The Combination: Redemption

Out of the current 24 reviews, only 1 is real lol, and it's a 3/10.

1/10 - to tone down the fake 10's
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This film was a love/hate for me
15 October 2019
This film is novice writer and director Riley Stearns' 2nd full length feature film, with 3 previous short films.

His directing was that of a seasoned director, and the actual story of this dark comedy was unique and appealing, but the screenplay and pacing did need some work.

I hate slow paced films, and from the start up until 3/4 of the way, I was loving the conceptual story, but was cursing and swearing the slow dragged out pace that made the 104 min runtime feel like an eternity. Had the first 3/4 of the film played at 1.5x speed, it would have been much more entertaining. To my surprise, the last quarter of the film's pacing increased, with much more substance to the story, and thus my pre-determined rating of 5/10 started to increase.

The (dark) comedy was well executed, the score was fitting, cinematography on point, and the casting was excellent, with all actors playing well into the dark comedy, especially Eisenberg, Nivola and Poots.

This film would've been a hit if the pacing was faster, and edited/trimmed down to 85-90 mins. Nevertheless, the ending put a smile on my face, and made me appreciate the story as a whole - especially coming from a novice filmmaker. It's a well deserved 8/10 from me.
16 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A a failed attempt as a wannabe Reservoir Dogs. A 5th grader could've written a more convincing story.
14 October 2019
This is writer and director Henry Dunham's first full length feature film - only one previous short film - and it shows.

His directing was impressive - for a newbie, but the 88 min run-time felt like 2+ hours. The pacing was way too slow, and the story just dragged on and on with ridiculous finger-pointing and interrogation tactics and responses. The plot issues created such unrealistic and convoluted gaps in logic and reasoning, a 5th grader could've written a more convincing story. This film needed a seasoned writer to fine tune the screenplay, and/or cut it down to a short film. There was hardly any tension or suspense, and zero action. To me it was basically a failed attempt as a wannabe Reservoir Dogs.

The cinematography was excellent, and the acting was great - although most of the militia actors were poorly cast, as they were unconvincing and didn't fit as militia type characters.

It's a huge miss and only a 4/10 from me.
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
2+ hours with little substance
12 October 2019
What I spent 2+ hours watching could've been condensed down to 1 hour, and added more story. There were too many dragged out scenes that were 'fluff'. Directing was great, Paul was amazing, but I feel I could've written a better script. Nevertheless, a sweet closure for Jesse. 7/10 from me.
31 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fractured (I) (2019)
Wow. Netflix nailed this one. 🙌
11 October 2019
This has got to be one of the best B-grade films I've seen. Mad props to Netflix for distributing this gem. Director Brad Anderson was excellent with his camera work, as was the cinematography. The score was perfect and maintained a perfect level of suspense. The pacing was excellent and made the 100 min runtime fly by. The writing by Alan B. McElroy was outstanding, and in throwing some obvious and not so obvious curve-balls, maintained the perfect edge-of-your-seat tension and suspense, and gave me parental anxiety. The ending was perfection, especially where it leaves off. Casting was also perfect, and every actor played their part exceptionally well, especially little Lucy Capri and Sam Worthington, who deserves nominations for his performance.

I'm blown away at the wannabe critics that gave a film of this production value and entertainment anything less than a 7. You all need to give your heads a shake and learn how to critique a film (see my bio to learn), and learn how to sit back and let your mind go to enjoy a film without nit-picking it apart.

Very few films have left me disturbed/impacted after seeing them, and I've seen a lot (click on my username to see my 1000+ ratings). This film is one of those. It's a well deserved 9/10 from me. If you haven't seen this film yet, DON'T view the trailer, just watch it with no idea what it's about.
224 out of 321 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.