Reviews

Overlord (2018)
Entertaining with flaws...
1 November 2018
Let me start of by saying... The movie was nice. Expected a bit more horror and maybe even more zombies. That would have made it a perfect score for me. Nonetheless what it did have was a lot of action and a lot of tension. Overall a fun watch and everybody in the room enjoyed it. Heroic storyline, a lot of gore, one of the best opening sequences I've seen in a while and some decent humor. Grab your boys and catch it at the movies if u can. Popcorn flick for a good time at the movie theater! Don't expect an Oscar contender here! Then You'll have plenty fun!
86 out of 160 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Venom (2018)
Not as bad as the critics make it out to be
3 October 2018
Is it going down as the best marvel movie? Let me answer that real quick: NO!

Buuuuuut... I read the critics and went in with very low expectations. Judging by the critics I thought this was going to be bad. Like Fantastic Four or Spider-Man 3 level of bad. But I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised. It's by far not as bad as critics make it out to be. Yeah it could have been about 20 minutes longer to make the overall story more complete and maybe it could have had a little more action and maybe even better choreographed action sequences. The villain could have been more engaging and so on but let me say this.. this movie is being judged based on a marvel cinematic universe which is 20+ movies deep with more background and complete superhero development and story. This movie cannot compete on that level. This is a introduction movie. Nothing less, nothing more. So hopefully they'll get the second part right and get right to the point. Enjoy it for what it is!
9 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Nun (2018)
Expected way worse
17 September 2018
Judging by the critics here I expected a way worse movie. It made my girlfriend jump several times and I thought it was pretty solid. The dialogs were pretty much b-movie type but overall I thought the movie was good. Not the best in the conjuring universe but far from being the worst of them. I know everybody expected the darkest and scariest movie but I think it does get the job done.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't believe the Hype
28 April 2018
This is a good Movie to begin with! But did it meet the expectations? To me personally, not at all. The aftermath of this movie just doesn't feel high at stakes because we already know some of the characters who died, are gonna have sequels in the future. They should've kept them alive and kill off others who were gonna feel like they were really in jeopardy of returning. And this is clearly a Part I of II. So to me it just feels like Marvel switched up the promotional campaign to make people not wait until both parts are released and intentionally have them watch it at the movie theater. Something just felt off about the movie. From the character introductions (except captain America, which gave me goosebumps) up to the story line. This left a lot of questions and it had a lot of plotholes honestly. The humor to me was average and it didn't have clever dialogue like some of the past marvel movies. So yeah.. kind of dissapointing to me. Still better than the average movie just cause it's still fun to see all these actors in action. Might watch it on Blu-ray again after the release, but no second watch for me at the movies.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.