Reviews

Cruelty and despite
18 July 2019
How cruel men are. Along the milleneals of documented History strong, valuable, worthy women have been betrayed, belittled, diminished, and ultimately killed with all sorts of humiliation. Most have faced terrible fates with defiance and honor as few men have in the same circunstances. They deserve recognition as this art fulfills its duty of awareness and inspiring future generations. Good interpretations, many more attributes that resulted in a beautiful, strong, a respect finally paid to a betrayed human being. In my end is my beginning... Congratulations
Ending
15 July 2019
Amy Adams. Sharp objects. A Volvo. Now a Mercedes also from the eighties. I get it. Although I may have snooped a little about her raising, I suppose there are more to her story. The way she is a atracked to some roles. She can prove me wrong. But still I see her. Unsettledness. An anger that belongs to herself, some dark agenda, not her characters. Beautiful and yet she feels a little out of that body. I don't see her sexuality as quite open but instead a complicated driven engine that has gotten her so far and yet... we are not here to talk about her. Who else. The director. Writer. I have enough problems so my sixth sense tells me about movies that I should avoid and see at a distance... Eighteen years for Moulin Rouge. I was right. So this nocturnal animal could be the same person that engraved herself sharply... The self is a mischievous entity. I could be both also, I've been that and more. So you see, it's too personal for me. Without doubt one piece of true consistency and a good choice for both endings, entropy and randomness are not so random. Never are. Don't get me wrong, she does something. Moi, inversement. Work should help her a lot. I didn't forget Jake and Michael excellent roles. But it's always about her even if it is about a couple or a dismembered family. I know a little about that also. Many springs have come and now, Autumn leaves are letting me choose. The movie could have chosen otherwise. Congratulations for a job well done. You see, there's music and painting, digital arts, games, writing and a place were all gather. You should know that I'm no good. So I could be her or any of them, all grey, except that sucker of new husband repugnant creature. Good stuff. A banal story turned into something worthy. Godspeed
Legion (2017– )
Opaque transparency
13 July 2019
"First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin" Remember Leonard Cohen's Plywood Violin? "Everybody knows"? The fight is clearly fixed. But we are building over the ruins of Pompeii. Good solid psychology. The coherence of chaos, The tendency to form patterns. From an humble fragmented beginning work has been done. Farouk the sapient beast, now making sense of all, Circularity of motivation of characters, How come? It is the beauty of esthetics, visual and audio patterns, lines of charming script. The recurrent world breaker, Ascending to newer heights of philosophical heterodoxy, A touch of all our inner fears, A moment to sit on the chair whithout paying or waiting for the clock Some degree of catharsis. Free analysis, good fiction, amazing, a compliment to the incongruity of the sets. Full of enigmas. That's the moment when Sci-fi comics of the ordinary absurd turns into a piece of the seventh art. Due to monetarization of the game I wrote this positive critic based on the statistical probability of an open, boring end of the series, as happened before. Congrats to all.
Moulin Rouge! (2001)
18 years have past
10 July 2019
I guess I'm a little late. The lead couple was wonderful, maybe it seems strange to say this, but maybe that great actress, which has proven herself since so many times, should have not appeared so... perfect. Although she was and could. The other disagreement adresses the option for excess in colour, operatic excess, like a rococó experience. Why have by express choice waited such a long time to see the movie... devil may care. Congratulations and especially to our Diva. All was wonderful but maybe, too much? That was a direction decision, and has satisfied the most. I would opt for something a little more sober about the portrait of that historic location...
Fiction or Hipotesis?
23 June 2019
How appellant the idea of a multiverse where the wavefunction collapse doesn't turn realities unreachable from the other quantum fluctuation results, in brief terms, referring to the "Many Worlds Theory" or the different view of Laura Mersini-Houghton. So the gods want, personna dream. As if the kraft happens, the series goes beyond the original work, admiringly well. The details, scenarios, characters. As a youngster I read mostly the twisted Philip K. Dick stories, those with bugs... Who knows how many, forty years ago? Not me. Heinlein or Le Guin, The Stars My Destination, the Heechee saga, Dorsai, even old style space operas by EE Doc Smith, Clifford Simak, to name a few, seemed to leave a clearer picture than Philip K. Dick which one must reread here and then considering the number of superb cinema and TV Adaptations, too much to refer or choose one as the best. Not a fan of dystopian literature or ordinary TV series. But nothing of ordinary is here at play and there are Utopian undeniable traces. Art, decadence, suffering and resilience, life at its fullest. Love, and the hero within each child to crown the cake. This work of distinguished direction, production, excellent acting and good pace, constitutes a good ensemble, rising the level and not defrauding our founded expectations. For personal reasons I usually expect the conclusion or at least two sequences and then let some distance from trailers, critics. Tasted it at a given opportunity. Better late than sorrow. It was a pleasure to follow, in a row, three seasons of The Man in the High Castle. Congratulations to the crew. Honored, with a bow.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
13 Reasons Why (2017– )
Netflix at its ordinary moneterization
20 June 2019
You follow, no originality. The same boring, commun US fiction city with stereotypes of young people, I would say the tapes where in mono, not stereo. People come and go. People take pictures when they've high, then most erase them, or some got posted contra voluntas. Banal. Suicide among teenagers. That record old tapes. Why not a Revox recorder? Good soundtrack. The eighties are in TV fashion, not so much in real teenagers life. Although it's normal for a generation have a sort of veneration for past "rebel" ou "underground" characters, idols, artists. Briefly, although an effort was made, it shows how the US are being turned into a society of fear, not able to see itself in the mirror. It's a global fenomenon.As themselves promote Brasília or Indian series more cruel, US portraits itself prettier. Hope? Tell that to the multitude of new slaves living among citizens, many of them turning into "untouchables" as it is said of India. No home, slave work, and only a memory of a more equilitarian structure. Disney is abandon fairytale. YouTube, Amazon Netflix are showing "socially aware" series. Call RAINN, call suicide line, call 13. Hipocritical behavior is a serious problem on media giants. Good acting, it could have been good. Second series a little more close to a content worth seeing. It seems that truth moved into the future, to scy-fy and fantasy where accountability is far away...but my opinion is biased, although I respect very much an history at the current times, when it smells real, hard fiction.
The OA: SYZYGY (2019)
Season 2, Episode 4
One path to a larger pond.
14 June 2019
There are many ways of developing this script. I hope for an unexpected turn. This is as good as it gets in 2018-2019. Avoid Psyquiatry internship like that. Nothing to do with caracterizing the plot as excellent although we can see similitude with other works in the genre. If we go down that path there's but Plagiarism along history... Excellent work. It should be carefully chosen a new one. Or leave it as is for now.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Killing Eve: You're Mine (2019)
Season 2, Episode 8
It fulfilled my hopes
30 May 2019
This wonderful relation, unexpected expected developments, this is how I would have written the script so far. They are minuces that distinguish this series. The sets were marvelous. The acting of the four main characters exquisit. Congratulations to the ensemble. I confess I would like to have directed this. With a paintbrush here and there. But it's very good this way. This time, till know, there isn't no other show surpassing the purety of this art. And I may be a psychopath too, but both women are my dream women. A Threesome. With most respect to the actors, I'm referring the characters. They need to be convinced to join forces, even if to part ways at the end.
6 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Destroyer (2018)
Nicole Kidman and transparency
30 May 2019
Nothing out of the ordinary for a story that could be a documentary. That's the plus. I will say no more. Good straight movie.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Story of many live's. A simple picture.
27 May 2019
A picture seen from an unsual, artistic, emocional, correct perspective. Focused on a pair o children raised together that later accepted an wider love. Two very ordinary families, one more aligned the other twisted by denial. I cannot stand much more ordinary monetarized art on my screen. This is quite the opposite. Making everithing right, maybe seizing the moment, but presenting a artistic very humane view without protests, confrontations, expression of physical hate violence. And we see between the lines of the love and respect. Which is important to show first.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Santa Clarita Diet (2017–2019)
So rare to relax like this. Nice.
13 March 2019
It's the perfect interesting script interpreted by Drew equal as herself, the couple so nice and light, funny. The kids are also great .Unusual, and yet so humane and really entertaining. In the middle some family relation matters as sexual education are seriously and funny as it should be in real life. Good work from the actors based on a good stuff, some lines are nicely done. It seems that good actors are needed as much as a good argument as this type of light novel is concerned. Good marriage. Should have one as supportive. Ok. It's one of the best pieces of the genre. I smiled a lot, better than laughs most of the time.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Blacklist (2013– )
One day a review will be due. At the closing.
9 March 2019
For now it is one of the best lectures for open minded informed people. Sometimes I see it like an extension of my reflections about actual world most urgent matters to address. Diagnostics of how we are changing. Not always for the better, I am afraid. The state of the art. Our art that sounds sinister but also amazingly beautiful, a lesson in western history and literature. One day proper words would have to be written about it.
Inception (2010)
The top of the hill
10 February 2019
You cannot surpass that kind of forward leap. Historically it constitutes a mark, then you may say, after Inception only a few relevant pieces are there to show. There are undervalued movies like the recent Mortal Engines that lack innovation on a level but offer beautiful takes and effects. But the masterpiece has a deep, intricate, understandable, coherent line of development from start to end. Maybe there are questions unanswered, maybe it is a common place regarding the children, but the ensemble is highly positioned among its pairs. Good arquitecture!
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good ending, coherent ambivalence.
10 January 2019
Life or what we detct by our insasiable ever developing means, science, epistemology, bioethics, faith, love, stream of conscienceness as some relation to this Godzilla with a toouch of Kali. As exasperating the first two may have been, the script was perspectivated differently. A plus for the trilogy. Good effort to fork the main sequence structure. Structured uplifting finale. One could not have expected such conclusion based on the limited prequels.
11 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Crimson Peak (2015)
Ghosts may help art.
9 November 2018
Rarely a movie so human and beautiful. Truly an expression of sentiment in a very romantic way of expression, showing characters you can fell empathy with. Excellent in so many ways, such as colors and costumes, argument reduced to core essentials,great three main perfomances, soundtrack... Guillermo.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sitting on a plateau over a tumultuous sea
19 September 2018
When you can focus on that view from the island plateau, sensing destiny destroying your bridges and still see everlasting beauty, you can accept that some parts could be discarded but still be a part of the whole. It relates with KKong. What else? It's about greed and ambition, yes it is. As I see it, all those great fights and insects, all that egotistical unsensibility are there to underline the fact that their unique relation was indestructible and meant to be. Isn't that what's cinema is all about? I consider the oeuvre more than a remake. Technically impecable. A good thing, not a senseless repetition of already made scenes. To those who care about cinema should bring some sense of fulfillment.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
UFO (2018)
Contact with math.
18 September 2018
It seems like a simplified Contact with a touch of math perspective. Worth seeing. Believe someone that has seen a lot. And signed to SETI from the beginning, I cannot see it clearly anymore... Weel, I didn't reverse engineered the maths involved, so, maybe I'm playing the ingenuity tune... Try and see. Seven is from a believer.
10 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Seulement trinte cinq minutes.
18 September 2018
Impecable French, including that of YouTube generation. Very peculiar maid, Instagram related, I suppose. Those things usually happen in real parties. So, nothing new. Cinema isn't always about cutting new paths, walking known ones must count as a go. It seemed very real in the realm of fiction. OK. Ocasionaly inteligent, almost touching in some moments. I am not patronizing. Beautiful location, good actors, but that you already know, of course.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beautifully crafted
18 September 2018
It is not a western, it is about reseting Indian affairs to some historical acuity. It is about women that take the lead, remembering us that, besides Jorge Sand or Emily Dickinson, the list goes on a on, as it has no end? It's smart in a practical way of showing, with a touch of paint and potato farming.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Impostor (2001)
Alien bomb, unaware tool of doom.
18 September 2018
If I remember the anxiety of the characters... Good cast, the future has proved it. Solid science fiction with action and a touch of misery. I liked it. Hope you have too. If you have doubts, go and appreciate yourself, it's never too late.
Siberia (2018)
Not only Keanu Reaves is present.
18 September 2018
Many underlined the vacuity of the plot. I disagree. It requires an difficult decision to kill Keanu. Other actors have given much and someone has thought about behaving like real Russian people...not in a bad way, I mean. About a nubilous business, with so many real cases of deathly consequences. You got it. If I went through to the grieving end, although in two parts, it is a solid, although improvable work.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Deadpool 2 (2018)
Now it is rolling.
18 September 2018
Plausible humor, laughability assured. That distorted X men view has finally consolidated with new recruits, a good script, an impressive result. It is genuine, insane and cute. Great work. It not understood why some prefer the first movie. Now one can feel the comics ambience surfacing.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
On the road of violence an exit may appear.
18 September 2018
It smells real, although cinematicaly. More simple, less convuluted than the first one. Better, in my opinion. I observed as it could be happening and could not laugh at some implausibility. Strong and sour. With a solid exit to a return. It was expected given the quality of the ensemble... well done!
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
As good as it gets!
18 September 2018
Tom Cruise and Team better than ever, Rebecca, Vanessa and Angela. The movie avoided all the danger zones of the genre with Sucess. Superb action scenes. Script without flaws. Locations triple A. Since the beginning, such coherent result has never been achieved. Congrats to all, you fabulous people. This is show-business, as good as it gets.
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
La La Land (I) (2016)
À la recherche d'un grand film
17 September 2018
How late and awkward is a review, in a tone of surrender, tainted with delusion and with a touch of personal despair. One can have so many expectations... I felt betrayed by such an ending. I was led to a insane hope in an timeless masterpiece. Even those lead roles didn't convinced me. At the city of angels gods are expected. As provincianism may fit the shoe, only after the Oscar ceremony gaffe I begun to understand my feelings about the movie. Well, I thought, the winner was a good movie, but... As a cinema observer, one may put our expectations too high, and I believe that the same has happened with many over the continents. So, with a tone of apology, I rest my humble review. Soundtrack, Choreographie, lead roles, script, and much more. Could It be a cut avoiding that somewhat flavorless finale? Could it be happy happy? I must expect such a special Cut. To the pursue of the perfect achievement, hail. Best film among the year's nominees. About hope and romance, dreams that not always come truth, even when they do. An outstanding piece of cinematography!
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.