A Shoe Addict's Christmas (2018 TV Movie)
Surprisingly enjoyable
29 October 2019
Review Date 10/28/2019

A Shoe Addict's Christmas. Starring Candace Cameron Bure, Luke Macfarlane and Jean Smart. When Noelle gets snowed in at the department store she works at, a quirky guardian angel helps her rediscover the love, family connection, and faith that she had put on hold.

The story is a "Could of" "would of" "Should of" story but Candace gives one of her better performances here. Some of her flms she seems to "{hone it in" but here she is more energetic and Jean Smart I am happy to see again in a comedic role. Men give this one a chance!
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Merry Christmas Match (2019 TV Movie)
Slightly Clumsy
29 October 2019
Review Date 10/28/2019

Corey lives in a ski village where she works at a local antique shop. When recently named Christmas Catch Ryder comes into her shop, sparks fly and she starts to wonder what could be. Stars Ashley Newbrough and Kyle Dean Massey.

The plot is slightly unbelievable but the story moves at a brisk pace. Being a huge "Halloween Movie Fan" I was happy to see Halloween 4' star Kathleen Kinmont. She plays against type and proves she is a very capable actress.

What was great about this film was that the rich parents are actually not played as stereo typical snobs. Worth watvching!
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's Christmas, Eve (2018 TV Movie)
Nice Story
Review Date 8/5/2019

As interim school superintendent Eve trims budgets, and now she's in her hometown where it's personal. Her handsome neighbor Liam is a music teacher and Eve feels his program must be cut. But luckily her friend is married to an IT guy, who's created a website for donations directly to save the Arts program. Launched during the tree lighting ceremony, where Liam's students will perform, the website could provide the Christmas miracle the town needs. Already the Universe is cooperating. Eve is back home and she, Liam and his daughter look like they might be celebrating many a future Christmas

The film is not perfect but the cast is wonderful and there is plenty of things happening that keep the film interesting.
Nice Sweet and Charming
Review Date 8/5/2019

Darcy (Chabert) has always worked hard to prove herself and be successful on her own terms, even choosing to start her own company, rather than work with her father. Returning to her hometown for Christmas, Darcy reconnects with an old rival, restaurant owner Luke (Penny), and they are forced to plan a charity event together. As Darcy spends time with her family and Luke, she starts to realize what matters most in life and sets out to mend her relationship with her father, and possibly fall in love.

Nice film. Moves along quickly. Never boring. Well worth watching.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Jingle Around the Clock (2018 TV Movie)
Worth watching!
Review Date 8/4/2019

Review Date 8/5/2019

I have Reviewed OVER 650 "Christmas Films, & Christmas Television Movies , & Television Specials". Please BEWARE Of films and specials with just one review! For instance When "It's a POSITIVE" chances are that the reviewer was involved with the production. "If its Negative" then they may have a grudge against the film for whatever reason. I am fare. I am on a mission to watch every Christmas Movie ever produced. Since 2014 I average 100 per year.

When Elle Bennet (Nevin) decides to reunite her college friends for a special Christmas celebration, her plans are thwarted by an opportunity at work she can't pass up -- spearheading a Christmas campaign relaunch to prove she's ready for a career-altering promotion. Much to her surprise, she's forced to team up with advertising campaign 'fixer' Max (Cassidy), who has a completely different take on the Holidays. But as Elle and Max work together and learn more about each other's Christmas traditions, they unexpectedly find themselves falling for each other. With the help of a little Christmas magic, will Elle pull off the perfect Christmas reunion and find the love she's been searching for?

Great film with charm to spare. If you like Christmas movies then add this to your "Must See List"
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Stingiest Man in Town (1978 TV Movie)
Above average telling of the often told story
Review Date 8/5/2019

The Stingiest Man in Town is the tale of Ebenezer Scrooge, told in the 1978 version through the perspective of the insect B.A.H. Humbug (voiced by Tom Bosley), obviously a word play on Scrooge's catch phrase, "bah humbug". Scrooge (performed by Walter Matthau) is portrayed as the tightwad Charles Dickens intended him to be with his consistent resistance to assist the poor or even have Christmas dinner with his nephew Fred (performed by Dennis Day) and his family. In hopes of resuscitating the goodness of his one-time friend, the ghost of Jacob Marley (voiced by Theodore Bikel), Scrooge's former business partner, visits Scrooge in his mansion, exhorting him to change his ways. Scrooge deems this to be madness and soon prepares for bed.

Nevertheless, Scrooge's attitude soon changes after a fateful night wherein three ghosts also visit him and take him through his past and present, and show him what his future would be like if he does not change.

Not that many twist and turns in this version but it is a great introduction to small children who are too young for the "Darker Versions" of the story!
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My Christmas Inn (2018 TV Movie)
Ab ove Average Film with a Great Cast
Review Date 8/2/2019

A career woman who is up for a promotion finds herself owning an inn in Alaska that her aunt left her! One thing leads to another and in order for her to unload the property she must go to Alaska and claim it.

Upon her arrival she meets an assortment of very nice people. She also stumbles across her aunts journal and slowly finds herself relating to the evnts in the journal.

This film is for the romantic audience. It has plenty of that and a cast that knows how to deliver a line.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Christmas at the Palace (2018 TV Movie)
Worth Watching. It is what it is
1 August 2019
I have Reviewed OVER 600 "Christmas Films, & Christmas Television Movies , & Television Specials". Please BEWARE Of films and specials with just one review! For instance When "It's a POSITIVE" chances are that the reviewer was involved with the production. "If its Negative" then they may have a grudge against the film for whatever reason. I am fare. I am on a mission to watch every Christmas Movie ever produced. Since 2014 I average 100 per year. Katie, a former professional ice skater (Patterson), is hired by the king of San Senova, Alexander, to help his daughter in a Christmas ice skating performance. As Katie spends time in the castle and with the king, she and Alex begin to develop feelings for each other and ultimately fall in love. But will the tradition-loving people of San Senova allow their king to make a foreigner their queen?

In this film there is many love stories and fabulous sets. However there is nothing real special about this film. Its not a band little film but hey it has some moments
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Welcome to Christmas (2018 TV Movie)
Eric Mabius was charming and Susan Hogan gets to shine
Review Date 8/1/2019

Resort developer Madison Lane (Finnigan) is tasked with finding a location for a new ski resort. While she's prepared to recommend the resort be placed in Mountain Park, her boss tells her to take a trip to Christmas, Colo., to consider the location and the incentive package they're offering. On her way into town to meet with the mayor, Madison has a minor fender-bender with the town's welcome sign. Town Sheriff Gage McBride (Mabius) gives Madison a ride into town so she can attend the meeting while the car is towed and repaired. Little does Madison know that the town is on a mission to convince Madison that Christmas is the best place for the new ski resort. While stranded, Madison grows to love the community and the spirit of Christmas that runs throughout. Is a resort really the right move for Christmas? Or would the town be better off keeping its charm and traditions intact? Starring Eric Mabius and Jennifer Finnigan.

I am not sure what Eric Mabius job was as a producer but if he had anything to do with getting "Susan Hogen" a decent part then bravo.

I love the fact that this Hallmark movie let many people shine. The film is a joy and captures that holiday feeling
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Reunited at Christmas (2018 TV Movie)
Good film
1 August 2019
I have Reviewed OVER 500 "Christmas Films, & Christmas Television Movies , & Television Specials". Please BEWARE Of films and specials with just one review! For instance When "It's a POSITIVE" chances are that the reviewer was involved with the production. "If its Negative" then they may have a grudge against the film for whatever reason. I am fare. I am on a mission to watch every Christmas Movie ever produced. Since 2014 I average 100 per year.

Samantha Murphy's beloved grandmother plots from beyond the grave to bring the family together for one more hometown Christmas, during which everyone is reminded of the importance of family, love and second chances. When Samantha's boyfriend, Simon, proposes marriage and she accepts in front of her entire family, Simon is forced to play out an uncomfortable charade when Samantha admits she spoke too soon.

This film is very charming. Its above average. The story is cute and the producers delivered a worthwhile film.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NOS4A2: Gunbarrel (2019)
Season 1, Episode 10
Naturally There is a cliffhanger
1 August 2019

A vampire and his car. The series has its moments but after the first episode it gets worse & worse. This whole season would have been better had they made 1/2 as many episodes.

NOS4A2 follows Victoria "Vic" McQueen, a young working-class artist who discovers that she has a supernatural ability to track the seemingly immortal Charlie Manx. Manx feeds off the souls of children, then deposits what remains of them into Christmasland - a twisted Christmas Village of Manx's imagination where every day is Christmas Day and unhappiness is against the law. Vic must strive to defeat Manx and rescue his victims - without losing her mind or falling victim to him herself.

The finally ends but of course they set this up for future seasons. In general this show could have been better. I suggest skipping episodes 4, 5 & 6. You won't miss a thing!
3 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NOS4A2: Sleigh House (2019)
Season 1, Episode 9
Tile girl plot was too tired by this episode
Review Date 7/31/2019

The cast is okay its the unnecessary plot threads that fail them and the audience. We know what the destination is. They just take the long way.
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NOS4A2: Parnassus (2019)
Season 1, Episode 8
Drink Coffee
Review Date 7/31/2019

This episode might put you asleep. So drink some coffee!
2 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NOS4A2: Scissors for the Drifter (2019)
Season 1, Episode 7
a few clues but the episode was forgettable
Review Date 7/31/2019

2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NOS4A2: The Dark Tunnels (2019)
Season 1, Episode 6
Above Average Episode

2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NOS4A2: The Wraith (2019)
Season 1, Episode 5
Well its call padding
Review Date 7/31/2019

3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NOS4A2: The House of Sleep (2019)
Season 1, Episode 4
Why bother
Review Date 7/31/2019

2 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NOS4A2: The Gas Mask Man (2019)
Season 1, Episode 3
Slow

2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NOS4A2: The Graveyard of What Might Be (2019)
Season 1, Episode 2
Well Has interesting moments

2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NOS4A2: The Shorter Way (2019)
Season 1, Episode 1
The pilot Was the best episode

Home Alone Seemd to Steel from this
19 July 2019
Review Date 7/18/2019

The big bad wolf invades a house Christmas morning but one little piggy is going to give him a very bad time! Funny. Not Great.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Christmas Dress (2016 Video)
Well its not too exciting
18 July 2019
Review Date 7/18/2019

It's Christmas Eve, and Leland Jeppson's hope is gone. Struggling to get by in their rustic homestead, he had at least wanted to give his family a special Christmas. But with a blizzard blowing in and the train bearing their gifts nowhere in sight, it seems Christmas is just one more thing they'll have to do without. But as dusk falls, the Jeppson's' packages unexpectedly arrive at the post office in the not-so-nearby town. Half-blinded postman George Schow is hesitant to brave the storm, but his son, Sidney, will stop at nothing to bring Christmas to the Jeppsons-and ask their daughter, Ellen, to the New Year's Eve dance. Now it's up to father and son to battle fierce elements in an attempt to deliver a Christmas miracle. Don't miss this heartwarming reminder that while God helps those who help themselves, sometimes He does so through others.

Now the film has a few nice moments but this has no scenes that grab you by the heart. It is a forgettable film but its not bad. Its just you can watch again in a year and it will be like watching it for the first time.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mingle All the Way (2018 TV Movie)
Fun & Sweet
18 July 2019
Review Date 7/17/2019

I am a huge Lindsay Wagner fan. So I did not see her name in the credits so when she popped up I was in heaven. So to me this film got a minimum of 5 stars just for her presence but luckily this film has Holiday charm and annexed about the holidays that keeps you very interested in the film.

In this movie a woman has developed a dating app that is really a PLUS 1 app. It for people looking for a platonic relationship. Molly, founder of the app, is determined to prove to her family that it is a success. Therefore, she joins the app, and meets another busy professional, Jeff. When Molly and Jeff are matched, they are both horrified to realize they've already had not one, but two disastrous previous encounters. Nevertheless, they agree to stay matched for all their respective upcoming holiday engagements. As the pair gets closer, perhaps their business arrangement might turn into something more this holiday season.

Now you know how this is going to end but I will say when it comes to matters of the heart this film does it correctly. Most of when we were kids you are afraid to admit your true feelings about someone. It's nice to see adults really have a hard time too .

This was a nice movie that is well made with some visuals flair.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Christmas in Love (2018 TV Movie)
Okay Not Great
16 July 2019
Review Date 7/16/2019

Ellie Hartman is an aspiring crafter working in her small town's bakery making famous Christmas Kringles. When the new, big-city CEO Nick Carlingson visits the bakery, he arrives filled with modernization ideas destined to lay off many employees. During his visit, Ellie is to teach Nick how to make a Kringle, and determined to show him it's the people who make the business a success, not machines. Nick meets more of the employees and townspeople, visits the food bank and begins to see all the kindness that is shared, and he begins to soften - though not convinced automation isn't better.

The film is nothing special. Its okay but by once you go to sleep you will forget this film.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Christmas Train (2017 TV Movie)
A Fairy Tale
14 July 2019
Review Date 7/15/2019

I have Reviewed OVER 500 "Christmas Films, & Christmas Television Movies , & Television Specials". Please BEWARE Of films and specials with just one review! For instance When "It's a POSITIVE" chances are that the reviewer was involved with the production. "If its Negative" then they may have a grudge against the film for whatever reason. I am fare. I am on a mission to watch every Christmas Movie ever produced. Since 2014 I average 100 a year.

In this film From Hallmark Hall of Fame comes a story about the journalist who embarks on a cross-country train ride at Christmas, having no idea this journey will take him into the rugged terrain of his own heart. He sees has past present and future in the eyes of his fellow passengers. Add a little Christmas Magic and you got a film worth seeing. The film is full of nice & clever surprises.

See it. It is one of the Best Hallmark Movies Made.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.