Christmas in Love (2018 TV Movie)
Okay Not Great
16 July 2019
Review Date 7/15/2019

Ellie Hartman is an aspiring crafter working in her small town's bakery making famous Christmas Kringles. When the new, big-city CEO Nick Carlingson visits the bakery, he arrives filled with modernization ideas destined to lay off many employees. During his visit, Ellie is to teach Nick how to make a Kringle, and determined to show him it's the people who make the business a success, not machines. Nick meets more of the employees and townspeople, visits the food bank and begins to see all the kindness that is shared, and he begins to soften - though not convinced automation isn't better.

The film is nothing special. Its okay but by once you go to sleep you will forget this film.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Christmas Train (2017 TV Movie)
A Fairy Tale
Review Date 7/15/2019

I have Reviewed OVER 500 "Christmas Films, & Christmas Television Movies , & Television Specials". Please BEWARE Of films and specials with just one review! For instance When "It's a POSITIVE" chances are that the reviewer was involved with the production. "If its Negative" then they may have a grudge against the film for whatever reason. I am fare. I am on a mission to watch every Christmas Movie ever produced. Since 2014 I average 100 a year.

In this film From Hallmark Hall of Fame comes a story about the journalist who embarks on a cross-country train ride at Christmas, having no idea this journey will take him into the rugged terrain of his own heart. He sees has past present and future in the eyes of his fellow passengers. Add a little Christmas Magic and you got a film worth seeing. The film is full of nice & clever surprises.

See it. It is one of the Best Hallmark Movies Made.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Christmas Everlasting (2018 TV Movie)
Nice Surprise
Review Date 7/14/2019

I am not sure who is picking the material for Tatyana Ali but this is the 2nd Christmas theme film I have seen her in and both were way above average.

In this story Tatyana Ali plays a big city new York lawyer who must return to her home town for her sisters funeral. In order for her to inherit the family home she must live in it for a week.

This film is better than you expect. I don't want to give anything more away but trust me its a winner!
Funny
Review Date 7/14/2019

A woman is none too happy when her former conservative mother brings home a young lover at Christmas.

Short, Sweet, & funny!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Town Without Christmas (2001 TV Movie)
Above Average
13 July 2019
Review Date 7/13/2019

Chris, a young boy in the Pacific Northwest town of Seacliff, Washington, goes missing. Before he disappears, he writes a letter to Santa Claus, wishing that he would no longer exist in order to not trouble his divorcing parents.

Concerned that Chris is in danger of taking his own life, locals set out to find the missing child. Among them are struggling writer David Reynolds (Rick Roberts), jaded big-city reporter M.J. Jensen (Patricia Heaton), and Max (Peter Falk), a kind yet mysterious elderly man .

A few twist here and there keep this film moving along. The acting is great and the story maybe a little dark it is however a truth that we should avoid. Maybe not for the under 8 10 set but it is a film that doesn't fail in getting its message across but in a subtle way. Worth watching!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Return to Christmas Creek (2018 TV Movie)
Nice Story
13 July 2019
Review Date 7/13/2019

I have Reviewed OVER 500 "Christmas Films, & Christmas Television Movies , & Television Specials". Please BEWARE Of films and specials with just one review! For instance When "It's a POSITIVE" chances are that the reviewer was involved with the production. "If its Negative" then they may have a grudge against the film for whatever reason. I am fare. I am on a mission to watch every Christmas Movie ever made. Since 2014 I average 100 a year.

As Christmas approaches, Amelia Hughes, a career-focused Chicago app developer lacking in holiday spirit, returns to her small hometown of Christmas Creek to rediscover the meaning of Christmas. There, she reunites with her childhood best friend Mike and her estranged uncle Harry, whose mysterious rift with Amelia's father divided her family during the holiday season when she was a child.

This was a nice story and Steven Weber was shockingly very good. I love again that they don't make the career woman a heartless villain. In fact she is the hero of this story!
Girl Meets Boy, Kiss Gets Interrupted , & a Huge Misunderstanding
12 July 2019
Review Date 7/12/2019

I have Reviewed OVER 500 "Christmas Films Christmas Television show episodes and Television Specials". Please BEWARE Of films and specials with just one review! For instance When "It's a POSITIVE" chances are that the reviewer was involved with the production. "If its Negative" then they may have a grudge against the film for whatever reason. I am fare about these films. I am on a mission to watch every Christmas Movie ever made. Since 2014 I average 100 a year.

The story i this one is To get a promotion, Hayley, an advertising executive who specializes in social media, must land a toy company that is all about traditional Christmas as an account. .. She is sent to Christmas Camp (By Her Boss) to re-learn about the Christmas season.

Now what is great about this film was that the women here are not backstabbers. It was a relief I thought somehow Hayley was going to have to prove some idea was hers and the people at the camp were going to save her. Happily this was not the case. The women here support each other and that was great surprise.
Slightly Overdone
11 July 2019
Review Date 7/11/2019

I never heard of this until it was included in a dvd set I bought that had "Year Without a Santa Claus" and "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".

In this film a sailor in search of a Christmas tree, lands on a mysterious, uncharted Irish island where he accidentally releases a bad-tempered banshee from her pinetree prison. Leprechaun Blarney Kilakilarney knows that in order to survive, the banshee will try to swipe his clan's pot of Christmas gold. With some magical assistance from Lord Patrick, the king of the wee folk, the sailor and Blarney make a plan to outwit the gold-hungry hag before Christmas morning dawns.

More plot than needed. This cartoon to me was most likely going to be an hour but for some reason the producers went to a 30 minute version. The story is okay but in reality there is not a since of awe and wonder that you come to expect from Rankin/Bass.
Very Good
11 July 2019
Review Date 7/10/2019

After receiving a medical diagnosis before the holidays, Heather Krueger discovers she is in urgent need of a life-saving liver transplant. Facing incredible odds against finding a donor, she's shocked when a stranger, Chris Dempsey, volunteers to donate half his liver to her. As Heather and Chris get to know one another and their families before and after the transplant, they form a deep connection and begin to wonder if the closeness they feel goes beyond the special connection between organ donor and recipient. The two must decide if Chris's selfless act is the beginning of a beautiful, true love story.

There is a scene in this where you fully understand where "Aimee" is coming from. I also love the fact these 2 adults are not sure how they feel and I don't want to embrace themselves if the other person doesn't feel the same.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hope at Christmas (2018 TV Movie)
Well Nothing New To See Here
9 July 2019
Review Date 7/9/2019

Recently divorced Sydney and her daughter Rayanne are seeking a fresh start and begin by visiting Hopewell, the small town in North Carolina where Sydney spent holidays with her grandparents as a young girl. Initially they're only there to sell the house she inherited, Sydney and Rayanne are embraced by the town in ways that only fate and the magic of Christmas can explain.

The story is not very exciting. The cast is okay but the story I never fully embraced because it felt to "By the numbers".
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Veteran's Christmas (2018 TV Movie)
It's Like Mayberry instead of a Sheriff we get a judge
8 July 2019
Review Date 7/8/2019

Grace is driving to Cincinnati, when her jeep breaks down, and Judge Joe Peterson offers his guesthouse until it's repaired.

Upon her stay she is kind of shell shocked at the kindness of the people of the people in the town that have welcomed her with open arms. At the same time she doesn't know her place in the world. Her parents have passed and she misses the dog she serve with in the Marine's.

As days progress she and the Judge spend time together & fall in love, but Grace worries Joe isn't over his ex, and Joe must decide if he should move to Chicago to be a District Court Judge.

This is a nice film. You wish places like this still existed. Also if they did we all would want to move there.

Well Worth Your Time. Nice family film. Also has "Girl Power".
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Christmas Bells Are Ringing (2018 TV Movie)
Nice and Calm Story. Nobody is mad at anyone!
7 July 2019
Review Date 7/7/2019

Sam grew up spending summers at her family's vacation home on Cape Cod, where she and Mike, a local boy, became inseparable friends. The untimely death of Sam's mother brought those summers to an end for Sam, who couldn't bear the thought of returning. Thirteen years later, they meet again when she returns to Cape Cod for her father's Christmas Eve wedding.

What is nice about this is that this film is not about a woman looking for love or giving on love. Its about a woman who is hoping to land a big job and falling in love with her childhood food. The scene at the wedding is 100% accurate on how most people would feel in her situation. Bravo on the writing.

I think most people over 30 will enjoy this film the most because you can relate to the issues that pop up in this wonderful little gem.

I will watch again. Josh Kelly is so charming I can't wait to see what he does next!
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The beginning telegraphs the ending
Review Date 7/6/2019

I have Reviewed OVER 500 "Christmas Films and Television Specials". Please BEWARE Of films and specials with just one review! For instance When "It's a POSITIVE" chances are that the reviewer was involved with the production. "If its Negative" then they may have a grudge against the film for whatever reason. I am fare about these films. I am on a mission to watch every Christmas Movie ever made. Since 2014 I average 100 a year.

This is a very enjoyable film. Single mom Maggie is trying to maintain the balance of being devoted to son Jordan while having a career. Jordan needs help at school and meets Casey, a tutor. They quickly bond, and Casey becomes more like a father figure.

This film however did not need the opening scene. It telegraphed everything this whole film was going to be. This was a major flaw. In general this an above average Hallmark movie that the romantics will just gobble up! This includes me
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mom: An Epi-Pen and a Security Cat (2017)
Season 5, Episode 8
Heart and Forgiveness
Review Date 7/6/2019

This episode has good laughs and a minor message of forgiveness. I n this episode Bonnie & Christie are robbed. With Christie Mid-Term is on the lap top and will fail if she doesn't retrieve it. Later she finds it for sale on Craig's List.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Setting the tone for the season
Review Date 7/5/2019

This was only the 2nd episode but the show was figuring out the best was to edit the show. This was a technical improvement but the houses in this episode were just as good if not better than the first episode.

The houses all screams "Christmas" and every display is an eye catching delight. No losers here. I highly recommend people recording this show and keeping it year round. Watching this show always relaxes me and puts a smile on my face. In this episode see if you agree they choose the right winner. I think they did!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mom: Foot Powder and Five Feet of Vodka (2018)
Season 6, Episode 11
Funny Episode
4 July 2019
Review Date 7/4/2019

Newly paroled Tammy needs to find a job before Monday or she gets thrown back in jail. Adam is on the verge of losing everything and Bonnie reassures him about the future.

Funny episode and had a lots of special moments. I love the fact that these women in this show really pull each other up when the need it. The group of these women have become a family to each other and that is very nice to watch. Its too bad the show doesn't get more Award Shows Consideration. Its a huge oversight. Not to mention this show has broken lots of ground.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Modern Family: Stuck in a Moment (2018)
Season 10, Episode 10
Better than Average Season 10 Episode
4 July 2019
Review Date 7/4/2019

in this episode Haley wants to give the family a Christmas gift they will never forget if she can just figure out the perfect time. Meanwhile, Claire is mad that Phil has once again borrowed the family Christmas tree for a house-showing; and Jay, Gloria and Joe have to deal with some unwelcome visitors over the holidays.

As always the actors that play Luke and Manny are the weakest link. Good episode but the show is really straining for laughs in many episodes.
Great Epsiode
3 July 2019
Review Date 7/2/2019

I wanted this episode to last longer. I think each year the show should have "America's favorite Choice" and the winner of that should get a prize as well. My personal choice who should have won on this episode did win. However I am glad it wasn't up to me it was a close one.
Pretty Lights but no Fights
2 July 2019
Review Date 7/2/2019

There is nothing but eye candy in this episode. Another fun show where there is nothing but love coming through ever display. The winner was correctly chosen but there should be an award for just even making it on the air!
Not What you expect
2 July 2019
Review Date 7/2/2019

This film a young lady moves into her brothers basement so she can "Get it together". She is party girl but not someone with abuse. Once she arrives at her brothers house she kind of inspires her brother and sister in law in all such a way to live their lives "Happier".

Not a great movie. The fims reminds me of the art films of John John Cassavetes, Jim Jarmush & Henry Jaglom
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Christmas Wonderland (2018 TV Movie)
Well Here We Go Again A woman must choose between love and career.
1 July 2019
Review Date 7/1/2019

Heidi, who initially left her small town of Pleasant Valley with the dream of one day becoming a successful painter, has put her own art on hold to excel as an art gallery curator. Now, a week before the gallery's big Christmas party, she must return home to watch her niece and nephew. She comes face to face with her high school love, who is in over his head after he must find a new last-minute location for the Christmas high-school dance.

So what was nice was that the female lead wasn't a rude hard nose career woman. She is a nice girl that finds that she really has 2 dreams but only she can have one. Now why is this the standard "A Woman Can't Have it All" story. They never do this about a man.

The cast however is good. I also have a huge soft spot for the name Pleasant Valley. I grew up in Oxnard CA off of "Pleasant Valley road" . This film however does not take place in Oxnard. The setting is a Norman Rockwell-ish town.

Enjoyable. Most adults will enjoy it.
Each Neighborhood is like living in a Norman Rockwell painting
30 June 2019
Review Date 6/30/2019

"The Great Christmas Light Fight" had neighborhoods compete with one another. From "Florida" "Arizona" & "Hawaii". No matter who won all of these places made wish that I want to live there.

This was an exciting episode because it was a little different for the Normally ways the show does these. Don't believe me watch the episode.
Capturing the true Spirit of Christmas
29 June 2019
Review Date 6/28/2019

I have Reviewed OVER 500 "Christmas Films and Specials". Please BEWARE Of films and specials with just one review! For instance When "It's a POSITIVE" chances are that the reviewer was involved with the production. "If its Negative" then they may have a grudge against the film for whatever reason. I am fare about these films.

In this episode the family that one should have but it made me think that their should be an award for "Overall Spirit". If they had that award then surely the lady would have been given that award. I loved her display. To me it was better than the actual winner.
No Losers Here
28 June 2019
Review Date 6/28/2019

This episode had 3 families that should have won. I love the people in Florida. I love everything they did to the home and how they reused older decorations. I love that they make hearts to give away to people. To me that was "Christmas Spirit".

The family in St George won and they did a great job. I live about 2 hours from their home so I will see it this year.

I think if you do not have great Christmas memories you will hate this show. I love this show. It is people that are featured in the show that make "Christmas" so special to many of us. They put smiles on your face. They spread good cheer.
A family in transition
27 June 2019
Review Date 6/27/2019

All families go through transitions. Parents are getting older. Siblings resentment and how we all kind go through the motions of life without realizing seeing what is front of our own eyes.

In this film every year, Claudia (Holly Hunter) dreads her trip home for Thanksgiving. Between her parents (Charles Durning and Anne Bancroft), her sardonic brother (Robert Downey Jr.) and her overdramatic sister (Cynthia Stevenson), things are bad enough. But this year, Claudia has more reason for angst. She's lost her job and is dealing with her daughter's (Claire Danes) revelation about her sexual activities. Claudia's sister seems to think her brother and sister ran out of town leaving her stuck to take care of their aging parents.

Lots of laughs and a reality check for everyone.