Decent addition to the franchise
21 June 2019
I completely disagree with one of the other reviewers who said this was a bad movie...if you liked the first two films, then you'll most likely enjoy this one as well. Nothing new here, but it's solid entertainment for fans of the franchise. And sly is actually GREAT in these films, regardless of what others think.
29 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Been done before...literally
24 May 2019
If you've seen Zac and Mia, then you've seen this film. They are basically almost identical. Same everything. Just different actors and a very slightly different script. For what it is, it's not horrible, it is a decent story...but it's FAR from original, and has already been done RECENTLY, and in my opinion, BETTER, by the show Zac and Mia.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chernobyl (2019)
An absolute MATERPIECE, in every sense
21 May 2019
Okay, so I've read every one of the 299 reviews on here, and I have seen the series, and I can say, with absolute certainty, that this is THE single, most disturbing, terrifying, heartbreaking, thought-provoking, very foundation SHAKING, piece of cinema that I have been witness to in my 43 years on this Earth!

This is quality, from top to bottom, in every possible sense. eg: writing, cinematography, acting (oh boy the acting), accuracy (sure a few liberties were taken for dramatic effect but a LOT less than you'd think), and just sheer profound IMPACT that it brings with it. I know it has been "made-for-tv" (cable tv anyway), but it is, in my humble opinion, actually Oscar calibre, and I believe its time to create a tv category for the Oscars, JUST FOR THIS SERIES. That's how good this is.

Now, you may wonder: "why doesn't this have a perfect 10 across the board then? Like I said at the beginning, I have read every single one of the 299 other reviews for this on IMDB, and you know what? Even the people that gave low scores, their almost universal, one and only gripe? British accents instead of Russian ones. That's it. And of those 299, there were less than 10 other negative reviews that gave other reasons, such as them thinking it wasn't accurate enough, ONE person had a problem with the technical details (and I mean science details, things 99% of us wouldn't notice anyway), and one other person had a problem with the wind direction mentioned in one episode...that's it. ONE person said they couldn't feel anything at all for the story or the characters (OK you're obviously a pure sociopath then), and ONE person had a problem that they added 1 fictional female scientist into the story, for dramatic effect. Those are the ONLY reasons for negative reviews, and in fact, this series, on IMDB, has received more 10/10 than anything else EVER has on here. (yes, including Game Of Thrones).

Think about that for a second. That means, with the literal exception of a few nit-pickers, THIS IS UNIVERSALLY believed to be one of the greatest works of cinematic history!!

Watch it. It's perfect. Enough said. 10/10++++
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Zac and Mia (2017– )
This one is NOT to be missed!
15 February 2019
When I saw the trailer for this I was skeptical. A story along the lines of The Fault In Our Stars, but done in 12 minute increments? How could that possibly be any good? Well, I can tell you right now, the descriptions and trailers for this don't do it justice...this is one of the best, most touching, and best of all REAL things that I have seen in a long time. It is incredible. Heartwarming, sweet, at times vicious in its honesty, and it can be hard to watch because it pulls no punches and doesn't sugar-coat the realities of dealing with cancer, and at such a young age too.

This series is truly beautiful and, I believe, is something that needs to be seen by as many people as possible. I can't recommend this enough! Give it a try, I promise you'll be glad you did (just make sure to have some tissues handy when you do) 9/10
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Weird City (2019– )
Meaningless nonsense
14 February 2019
This 'show' is just garbage. I watched all 6 episodes continuing to hope, fruitlessly, that it would get good at some point, but it just never does.

I get what they're going for, as others have stated, a sort of Black Mirror anthology thing, but it's a fail.

None of the characters (with the exception of the 2 women in the final episode-the tv show within a tv show) have any redeeming qualities, the stories are vapid and uninteresting (again with the exception being episode 6), and weird is nowhere near a strong enough word to describe this trash.

Unless you REALLY have nothing better to do (like watch paint dry on the walls), I strongly recommend not wasting your time on this.

Zero stars from me, even the few good actors couldn't save this mess
28 out of 62 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shocking, and sadly realistic
10 December 2018
Just finished a screening of this and wow...just...wow.

First let me say, this film is NOT for everybody. It is satirical but very poignant given the current social and political climate everywhere these days, but ESPECIALLY in the United States. Everything in this film is over the top and surrealistic, and yet somehow captures "Trump's America" perfectly. I wish it were not the case, but I can honestly see almost this exact thing happening for real one of these days in the not too distant future.

The trailer and marketing campaign make it pretty clear what you're getting yourself into by seeing this, and if that's what you're looking for then you definitely won't be disappointed. This is a very graphic film in both the language and violence, but every bit of it is necessary in order to portray this story the way it needs to be told. I'll be honest, the first hour actually drags a little and you may find yourself feeling uncomfortable and even bored once or twice, and it takes a while for things get going, but when they do finally take off, they reach heights you'll have to see to believe.

I highly recommend this film to anybody who can stomach it, but be warned, it may just turn the mirror back on YOU.

Good watching
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brute Sanity (2017)
Decent stoer, let down by bad acting
12 November 2018
Title says it all: This is actually a decent, fairly well written story, that is let down completely by some of the worst acting imaginable. Not a single one of the actors in this film has any redeeming qualities whatsoever. Every one of them are stiff and wooden and obviously no one involved had any kind of formal training at all. Which is a huge shame because as I said, the story is actually quite decent. If an experienced director, crew and cast got their hands on this script it really could've been something special, but sadly that's not the case here. I can't in good conscience recommend this movie to anyone...unless bad acting and low budget is your thing, in which case you're in for a treat lol.
10 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The First Date (II) (2017)
don't waste your time
3 November 2018
I completely agree with both the reviewers that gave this 1 star, and I'm sure, like me, they ONLY gave this 1 star because we can't give zero.

This had to be shot on a budget of maybe 100 bucks...and it was NOT 100 bucks well spent.

This "film", if it can even be called that, is an absolute waste of your time, has some of the worst acting I've ever seen in my 42 years on this earth, no writing to speak of, no sense of cinematography or awareness of HOW to actually structure a film (like seriously I've seen 5th grade school projects better than this--made by 10 yr olds), and I promise you, if you somehow talk yourself into watching this, you WILL be wishing you hadn't and wanting back that time you wasted.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rig 45 (2018)
One of the best damn suspense thrillers in recent years
23 August 2018
Ok, so first of all, I have absolutely ZERO idea what teglundsamuel was talking about when he said this had bad acting, writing, etc and gave it only one star. Only thing I can figure is that he stopped watching it about 5 minutes into episode 1. The reviewer that gave it 5 stars specifically says they stopped watching in episode 3 (which is when the 100% English stops and the subs are required more often), and because someone they thought was hot got killed, so they really have no basis to even write a review. And the person who gave it 6 stars was upset with the ending, and actually DID like basically everything about it until that point. I get that some people may not be happy with the ending, but it certainly doesn't warrant a reduction 4 stars for that alone. (also that review spoils the end and says who the killer is so I HIGHLY suggest you DO NOT read that review if you plan to watch this).

The writing is very reminiscent of David Lynch ala Twin Peaks or Mulholland Drive. This is a whodunit through and through, and should keep you guessing until about 15 minutes before the end of the final episode. The acting is really top-notch as well. I have never heard of any of these actors (being Canadian and English myself, I don't watch a lot of foreign productions), but I'm absolutely blown away by at least 2 of the stars. Namely the guy who played Halvar and the woman who played Petra. These 2 are on fire in this mini-series. To address what the last reviewer said about a good suspense is supposed to keep you on the edge of your seat the whole time, and have many twists and turns, etc.....this show has all that and then some! In fact there were so many twists and turns in the plot that at times it was actually hard to keep up (but in a good way, a REALLY good way).

In any case, I'm not a reviewer, as I'm sure you can tell, but after reading the last comment and seeing that this somehow only had a 5.4 rating, I simply HAD to write something so that other people will know that they should really give this a shot, and not rely on one person's obviously delusional opinion.

Trust me, if you're into a GREAT story, a murder mystery that will literally keep you guessing until the very end, exceptional acting and outstanding writing, then look no further. Give this a watch and I promise you'll be glad you did. (just be prepared for subtitles if you're an English speaker--about 65% of this IS in English but the rest is in 3 other languages)

SOLID 9/10
18 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.