Reviews

I really liked this movie.
12 November 2018
The tone of this movie is really good. I found the beginning to be subtly perverse which i think is perfect for the context of the film. Throughout the film you're not sure what is real or not. There are a few sex scenes throughout the film that seem graphic only because of how intimate they are. I have never really seen anything like it tbh. It made me uncomfortable because it felt a little to personal. the ending is kind of chintzy and predictable, but the beginning is definitely worth watching.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
stayed for the set design hated everything else
29 October 2018
Ugh. i didnt like this show. I gave it a 3 star because the set design was a 10/10. Everything felt forced in this show. What was this show even about? Its like nothing can just happen in TV shows anymore. Its like everything has to be so obvious or overly explained. Nothing can be left for open interpretation. Also, the over usage of "hail satan" or "praise satan" became cringey and overwhelming. It was like "GET TO THE POINT ALREADY". There are a lot of great movies and shows that use satanic material, but its done is a less obvious and subtle way which actually adds to the overall tone. This show however, over salted the chicken! Good gracious! We get it you worship the devil. We get it you're diverse and misunderstood. It felt like a a fan fic that someone found in the trash and was like "lets not change the dialogue in this at all".
3 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Something New (I) (2006)
great story, addresses real issues, however, unlikeable lead ruins it for me
25 August 2018
This is actually a pretty good movie that addresses a lot of really serious issues and i liked all of the characters, except for the female lead. honestly, she ruined the entire movie for me. I can't pin point what I didn't like about her, all i can say is that she's very unlikeable. The element that bothers me the most is that kenyas character is so uptight and mean that the audience has to suspend all reality to believe that the male lead would be chasing her only to be endlessly rejected or criticized. i feel like its instilling really poor morals for anyone watching. its saying "hey, its ok to be cruel and prejudice to people because you will ultimately be rewarded." her character grows and changes in the end but it was hard to root for her. she basically objectifies and uses the male lead to "grow".
Insatiable (2018– )
best show ever created
13 August 2018
This show is horrible. HOWEVER its horrible in way where you want it to be horrible. its like a soap opera on crack. i love it and i want more. the most unbelievable part of this show is that patty's mother would have health insurance.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Maus (2017)
Was this movie a metaphor?
12 July 2018
Correct me if im wrong, but was this movie a metaphor? There is a lot of tension between bosnia and serbia due to the genocide that happened in the mid 90's. The vibes that im getting from this film is that Selma represents Bosnia (specifically the muslim population of Bosnia), Alex represents western Europe, and the two serbians, Vuk and Milos, obviously represent Serbia. So, early on in the film, Selma begins to have hallucinations of the two Serbian men raping her or aggressively apprehending her, which happened thousands of Muslim Bosnians during the genocide. Then, she witnesses Alex being shot, representing her loved ones being killed. Selma obviously has PTSD of the events that happened in her childhood. The "monster" that is shown later, i feel is just a physical manifestation of herself seeking revenge. Alex, representing western europe, is either constantly intervening but doing absolutely nothing to resolve conflict. I might be giving this film to much depth, but thats how i perceived it.
27 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Gift (VI) (2015)
Such a great psychological thriller
20 May 2018
I went in with the lowest expectations after having watched the trailer to this movie which makes it seem like a really corny horror movie (whoever was in charge of marketing needs to be fired because i would have actually seen this in theaters if it was marketed appropriately). Its not a corny horror movie at all! its definitely one of the best psychological thrillers I have ever seen. I was writing a few business emails at the time so i put it on as background noise (assuming it was going to be stupid) but i immediately started paying attention when things started getting complicated, which is relatively quickly.

I know this will expire soon, but its on netflix as of 5/20 and definitely deserves a watch.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not bad, although really gross and a few triggers
19 May 2018
This movie was ok. This reminds me of a film that would be well suited for middle schoolers. HOWEVER, this movie is really graphic and disgusting with several moments of showing holes in peoples skin ozzing puss. So here is your trypophobia warning. I was eating while I was watching this and literally almost threw up. im not even that sensitive. With the low caliber of acting and story line aimed at children and teenagers why is this movie so graphic and disgusting?
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hoooooo this was hard to get through
14 May 2018
This movie was entertaining but HOLY CRAP THIS MOVIE WAS SO HARD TO GET THROUGH. not only was it insanely cringey and cheesy but it was offensive to women. i had to pause it every few minutes to cringe or to shake off how bad it was. the girl in this movie needed some GD self worth. even if the guy is successful and attractive don't let him manipulate you and control you. there was hardly if any emphasis on their actual relationship. this is essentially feeding into the weird fantasy of the average girl gets the extremely hot guy like twilight. when is there going to be a movie of two average people just having a normal, healthy relationship? just one. please!
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
F*&% the Prom (2017)
everything is so bad about this movie
12 March 2018
The acting. bad. the plot. bad. the editing. bad. everything is really bad about this movie. i dont know how it obtained any financing.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty good!
26 July 2017
This movie was pretty good! it was filmed really beautifully and the acting from the main character Giddy was executed really well. It was also told from her point of view which was really interesting. I don't know why most people from this movie hard to follow, i found it really straight forward. It's worth a watch.
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If your looking for disturbing. this movie is for you.
21 April 2017
ummmm, if your looking for an extremely disturbing movie then i guess this is a good pick. i didn't like it for that reason. it was senselessly disturbing, like watching someone throw up into a bowl and make someone else eat it. im giving it a high rating because it freaked me out, succeeding in that respect, but not a perfect score because it was PAINFULLY SLOW. So slow in fact, that i could write a few emails and hold a conversation with someone without missing anything important.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lavender (I) (2016)
it could have been worse.
21 April 2017
I've seen worse movies. I actually appreciated how artistically appealing this movie was. People are complaining that this movie wasn't interesting enough, but you have to realize that the top grossing movies in the world are fast and the furious and transformer franchises, so i wish there was some context in their reviews. I personally felt that this movie could have been better, but It definitely didn't deserve a 1 star rating.
11 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Model (I) (2016)
What in the world...
9 April 2017
Geeze this movie had a lot of potential. I know it was an over dramatization of a real situation, but i feel like this movie could have delivered so much more. There are parts of the movie that are really strong, and you become intrigued and you feel very invested in the movie, but it falls flat almost immediately. The ending somewhat saved it, but you don't necessarily feel her loss, you just feel somewhat benign. I would love to see a remake of this movie, but with a better screenplay. I loved the lead male photographer and female model. you also see full front of a very hairy dude. Hes hot but not well groomed. thats not a spoiler. its just a fact.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.