Reviews

BEST AHS EPISODE EVER TO AIR!!!!!!!
19 October 2018
Ok, so, Return To Murder House is kinda like my favourite episode of AHS ever now, and em ya...seriously, this episode is amazing. It was just such a nice break from the huge cliffhangers and characters of Apocalypse to just see some of our favourite characters. Jessica Lange did an amazing and phenomenal role, although she wasn't necessarily the main character of the entire show. Each character from Murder House finally got an happy ending; Tate was finally accepted again by Violet (one of the flaws by the way, i dont see why the heck Violet let Tate talk to her again after he raped her mother??), but whatever, Moira finally got to be with her mother, Vivian and Ben finally made up and began raising their child and Constance was able to be a mother forever in the house. We also learn a good bit on Michael and also see Naomi Grossman return, and sadly, no, not as Pepper. THIS IS A PHENOMENAL EPISODE!!
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
American Horror Story: Boy Wonder (2018)
Season 8, Episode 5
Great episode!
17 October 2018
Not much to say but a great episode, I'm more psyched for the next episode!! In this episode, Cordelia challenges Michael to bring back Misty in order to see if he is or not the next supreme, but will he make it?! I'm sure you know the answer if you saw fan posts and the casts twitter pages. I do hope though they bring back, or at least mention Man for god's sake like, why can't Michael bring her back too?! Anyway, this episode was good but TOO excited for tomorrow's episode, as I said!! Tomorrow, our queen will finally return, JESSICA LANGE!
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is code for a AHS comeback
9 October 2018
So, after all of the cliffhangers left at Episode 3, we finally get are episode of witches and..wow. Not only is Could It Be..Satan one of the best episodes in AHS history, but could this be the sign of AHS ultimately returning to old S1 & S2 formulas. I dont really know if you noticed, but did you ever think that Murder House ans Asylum held a great distance away from the other seasons, if it was the style or casting choices or something, but it had a completely different feel, then Coven, Freak Show, Hotel, Ronaoke and Cult had their own modern era theme and then, all i can say is that Apocalypse feels way to much like S1 and S2, which is a great thing, as they are the two best seasons out there. So far, Apocalypse is my fourth favourite season, so lets hope it stays there and Season 9 and on can be more like this!!
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
American Horror Story: Forbidden Fruit (2018)
Season 8, Episode 3
The coven have returned
27 September 2018
We now hit our third episode of "AHS Apocalypse" where our fabulous Coven witches return to our screen to save the outpost. Meanwhile, Ms. Meade and Ms. Veneble put their plan into action ending up a bit different then expected. So..ya, wow. Spoilers ahead -

So, Ms. Meade is kind of like Constance I guess, shes basically Ms Meade's prototype, like, Ms. Meade is just a body but Constance's mind is in her body, really weird but eh ya, Constance is basically back and even though Jessica Lange isn't playing her (for now), I'm sure Kathy Bates can pull it off without a doubt. And then there was the big "bodies hit the floor" scene and everyone was killed, well, I don't know what's going to happen now but we can expect Evan Peters to return again anyway, Timonthy and whatever her name is, I'm not too sure about as they are only guest stars or they'll probably return as new characters. Then of course the witch's return and the idea of Mallory, Dinah and Coco being witches.

This is by far one of the best episodes I've seen since Roanoke, while Cult still remains to me as my least favourite season so it's amazing to see my second favourite show picking up again. I'm excited and also very confused for Episode 4. One thing that's been being said is that the Hotel Cortez is going to appear so..just pray ss hard as you can!!!
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Titanic (1997)
The definition of "a movie"
27 September 2018
If you have not seen Titanic, I'm sure you've heard of it, and of so, please do watch it because not only is the film a "great watch" or a great "thrill ride of suspense and emotional scenes", but Titanic is one of the greatest films of all time. The film has some of the best acting from Winslet and DiCaprio and some of the best character chemistry between them. The direction lead by James Cameron is phenomenal. The ending to the film is one of the most intense, beautiful and sad endings I've ever seen, i can not remark one flaw about it. The cinematography is great and the film has some of the best and most memorable shots in cinema history (yes, that including the scene where Jack holds Rose up at the ship deck). The soundtrack is amazing, including Celine Dion's fantastic song that totally fits the feel of the film. Titanic is a must watch, one i would have killed for to see on the big screen!

I will be posting a review of AHS Apocalypse Episode 3 this evening after the confirmed return of Cordelia, Madison and Myrtle, so exciting!! Stay tuned
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Repeats, Repeats, REPEATS!!
18 September 2018
The First Purge follows the first ever annual Purge Night in Staten Island..there'sthe plot. I am actually going to make this review so quick because it would be pathetic if I wasted time on this, The First Purge is like all the other films; the same, average. Each movie th same, sure, this is way better then the first three films slightly by a few funny characters BUT THATS IT, STOP REMAKING THE SAME FILM OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. By applying a few characters and new masks, ain't gonna help these films get any better, just stop! The first film was fine on its own, just..stop!
Dark Web, a surprise!
14 September 2018
Unfriended: Dark Web is a new enough horror film and stand alone sequel to Unfriended. Now, if you remember, I kind of had mixed thoughts on Unfriended, while I thought it was entertaining, the acting and plot fold out kind of weakened a lot so I wasn't really up and not up for a sequel when I heard about it. The film is not supernatural like the first film which makes wonder if this film is actually a sequel at all and if it takes place in a completely different universe, anyway, the film follows a group of 30 something kids playing games on Skype when they then get invested as bids to a Dark Web cult, called "Charlot". I haft to say I enjoyed this film a heck lot! Going in for the first ten minutes wasn't the easiest thing and I really felt like this film was gonna be a awful piece of rubbish but it suddenly picked up and then I loved this film! Now, there are two endings and although the normal ending I saw was pretty bad compared to the other ending, it still folded out good. The acting was good, not magnificent but ok. Everything else was grand! Unfriended Dark Web is a great horror sequel that surpasses the first in many ways (and yes, I do have high hopes for Unfriended 3!)
6 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
American Horror Story: The End (2018)
Season 8, Episode 1
The return of 1-3
14 September 2018
So, AHS: Apocalypse premiered two nights ago and due to the wait of two weeks til it premieres in European fox, I decided to watch it on a site and I have just finished it..could Apocalypse be one of the best seasons of the whole show since Coven, because it sure did shape itself out to be. If you noticed compared to seasons from 4-7, Apocalypse opened way more differently and felt way to much like the first three seasons, bringing back a moment of nostalgia through out the whole episode, comparing to Cult and Roanoke's premiere, this just felt so like Asylum or Coven -- which is an amazing sign because Apocalypse sure did shape itself out to be a magnificent season in the first season. The tension, the disturbing scenes, the amazing acting from Sarah Paulson, Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Joan Collins, Adina Porter and Leslie Grossman who had some of the best dialogue of the entire show. Once you started the season, there was such a huge feeling of dread and it worked so well. I imagine many great things coming from Apocalypse and I can't wait to see all of our favorite Murder House and Coven characters again in future episodes!!
The Nun (2018)
Pretty darn good!!
7 September 2018
So, The Nun is now the officially new instalment to The Conjuring Universe and is a prequel to The Conjuring 2, exploring the origins of the demonic creature taking the form of a nun, Valak. The film follows a priest and a nun who arrive at an Abby in Romania after a suicide, to find out that the abby isn't as holy as everyone thought it was. The film stars Taissa Farmiga and I haft to say, despite some negative reviews, I liked The Nun. I didn't think it was perfect like the first two or Annabelle: Creation, but The Nun was a very good horror film and I enjoyed it. The film probably is slightly better then Annabelle which I personally enjoyed, but still, it did have flaws as critics pointed out. Th ending and twist leading up to how it connects to The Conjuring worked very well and I didn't see it coming at all and was very cleverly constructed. I advice you definitely to go The Nun but don't expect as a masterpiece as The Conjuring 1 or 2 or Annabelle: Creation. As 2018 closes and some of my most anticipated horror films are released like The Nun, The Strangers Prey At Night and Slender Man, I still feel Halloween will be the best one!
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hereditary (2018)
Hell yeah!!
4 September 2018
Hereditary came out a few months back and follows a family of four who since the death of the family matriarch has gone down hill -- that being due to the demonic curse put on the family. The film stars Toni Colette who is absolutely astonishing in her role and possibly her best. The film is highly creepy and at times uses creepy imagery which always works especially in films like Black Swan and The Shining. In a quick review, go see Hereditary because its one of the best horrors out there and possibly the best of the year!
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Searching (III) (2018)
The true Unfriended.
4 September 2018
So, Searching came out like last week I think I was wanting to go see it due to all of the praised reviews, with people calling it one of the best films of the year and I finally saw it just there last night and I haft to admit..although it doesn't mystery movies like Taken, it is still a absolutely awesome film. The film follows a dad trying to find his daughter who goes missing without a trace one day, and through her laptop screen, we then see everything he sees and every clue he finds to Margot's disappearance. Unlike Unfriended which made you feel like you were missing out on half of the film when someday would do something you couldn't see, this movie captured everything we needed, like how at one scene when the dad leaves, we then see that scene through a news report or something where he's gone doing whatever where as if it was Unfriended, the character would just leave and leave it be. The only problem I had was kind of the ending bit where it was all revealed, SPOILERS, I feel like how it turned out to be the detectives son was a bit of a let down and I really feel like they could have done something else like maybe it was some sort of organisation that killed young girls or it could have ended in a turn of events like Taken, he goes a bit out of the country and finds her with men like or something, I didn't necessarily mind the ending, I just felt there could have been more to it. Searching is highly recommendable and I plead you to see it for a good time!!
Marrowbone (2017)
Ok then!!
3 September 2018
Marrowbone came out in July 2018 here in Ireland and hasn't made much of a reaction to audeinces or horror fans, but i still saw it despite it being pretty unpopular,, aaaaaaand?..Marrowbone is not my favourite nor worst horror film of 2018, like Slender Man, its just average. I personally liked Slender Man more while although this film did have some beautiful cinematography and good acting from Charlie Heaton, Mia Goth and Anya Taylor Joy, the film was really pretty boring. Marrowbone, I'd watch once, not again.
Slender Man (2018)
Average.
3 September 2018
Just as a quick review, Slender Man dose not really deserve all the extreme hate it is getting. Sure, there are some bad dialogue here and there but it's still ok, the film dose have some ultra cringy moments that make it hard to watch but thats passable. Slender, himself is also pretty good, we never actually really see him up close and if we do, its either blurred or far enough away. The acting is passable, there are a few pretty creepy scenes aswell, one actually had me shaking! Overall, go see it if youre bored, just don't expect s masterpiece!
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thirteen (2003)
Sad, dark and overall true to EVERYTHING
6 August 2018
Thirteen is a 2003 drama that stars Holly Hunter and follows her coping as a mother to maintain the new and disrespectful personality of her daughter after entering into the wrong friend zone, filled with sex, petty crime and drugs. Thirteen sounded like a enjoyable watch at the time and when i finally watched my DVD, I was slowly more and more hooked to the reality on the screen, although, me being a teenager, knows that the style in this movie as CRINGY AS HELL, this film is so true and has happened before and is still happening all over the world, kids have a dream to be someone they don't even know themselves so they can be accepted in life only to be let down more then they already were, I have actually seen it before and experienced it a couple of times myself, the acting, dialogue and pace is so well done and actors like Holly Hunter, Jeremy Sisto and Nikki Reed totally steal the sha. It's just so painful and shocking to think that a sweet girl like the main girl in the film can actually change that much into a disrespectful, punk, foul mouth attituded teenager. Thirteen is a very educational film for parents who think they're children are acting like they never did before. 10/10!

Ps. I'm back!!
Classical horror sequel!!
13 May 2018
The Strangers: Prey At Night came out last week in the UK and Ireland and I was so excited for it and after finally seeing it, considering I loved the first film, I loved it more! Going into The Strangers Prey At Night, I had high hopes and I came out with them. The best part of the film was most likely the terrifying and creepy opening scene. I thought the cast was good and was although not as creepy as the first film, still very creepy. I wish I could do a longer review guys but the last month I've been doing these on my phone so thats why there is very little reviews from me but I really did love The Strangers Prey At Night, which I highly advice you to see.
1 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Truth or Dare (I) (2018)
Terrible, but so good!!
3 May 2018
Truth Or Dare came out about two weeks ago and spawned very negative reviews from critics, garning only a lousy 15% on Rotten Tomatoes. The film is bad....its terrible in fact, but it has some great and hilarious moments. The film's cons include a lot of what a film is; writing, acting and the whole idea of the film. The films writing is terrible in the film as most of the time, it tries to recreate what teens say these days like "sick" or "rad". The acting is also terrible and so are the characters they play. I thought Lucy Hale was the best in the film but was still not award worthy and lastly the whole idea of the film, the films idea is stupid anyway but becomes more stupid when you see the way its executed and feels truley more like a dark comedy when you get to the scary parts, but although absouloutly disasterious, the film is also quite hilarious and entertaining and thats my review for Truth Or Dare! Terrible, but yet, funny!
A Quiet Place (2018)
A very good horror and sci-fi film!
20 April 2018
A Quiet Place is the newest and probably most popular horror film yet for the year 2018 after receiving multiple praise from critics. The film follows a family of four who are all pretty dulled up after the death of their son and the death of humanity after a society of monsterous creatures came down to kill people who make too much noise and when the family cause a bit of destruction, they then realize they're really up crap creek. This film, I was really excited for, mostly because of how unique and original it sounded and how it was nearly like a mash-up of Alien and 10 Cloverfield Lane, two amazing films..and I loved it. I'm doing thia review on my phone so I haft to make it quick but I loved how intense the film was and the amazing performances from Emily Blunt and John Krainski, it's truly a very good film that has no parts I haft to point out, 10/10!! Stay tuned for my reviews on Truth Or Dare, The Babadook and Bridesmaids!!
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Jaws 2 (1978)
Not as good as Jaws but still pretty decent!
2 April 2018
Jaws was a Summer blockbuster and remains the 9th highest grossing film of ALL TIME!! There was yet no doubt that a sequel would happen and three years later, we got Jaws 2. Jaws 2 picks up a few years after the events of the first film and follows Chief Brody who believes that another shark, some relation to the first one, is out in the sea of Amity and ready to kill some locals. Jaws 2 came to mixed reviews when it came out and it was also a box office hit, being the second highest grossing sequel ever until Rocky II was released. There were people who hated it due to just how uneven it was to the first film and there were people who really liked it, I was one of the people who thought it was just ok. The film has nothing to be proud of and it is not a excellent sequel like The Godfather: Part II or Meet The Fockers, it's just ok! Jaws 2 is nothing amazing and no where near as good as the first film but is a good one.
Jaws (1975)
One of my favourite horror films of all time!!
29 March 2018
Steven Spielberg is a brilliant director; he is literally what maked half of the 80's great with all of his amazing nostalgia filled movies including Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom, Jurassic Park, E.T, Close Encounters Of The Third Kind and of course..Jaws. Jaws came out in 1975 and is now considered one of the greatest films of all time with it being the ninth highest grossing film of all time and there is a few reasons why it's a amazing film. I won't rehash the plot because you already know what it's about for God's sake; a man eating shark attacking Martha's Vineyard but the film is so good for many things. 1. The direction, the direction in this film is brillaintly done and probably some of the best ever in cinema to me, 2. It's too creepy too watch, for me, Jaws is too creepy to watch, it always has me turning away at the underwater scenes and 3. It has the scariest and most creepiest score ever, that shark theme will always stay with me like, forever. Jaws is a classic and one of my favourite horror films that if you have not, obviously, please watch it!
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unsane (2018)
Interesting and Clever
26 March 2018
Unsane came out on Friday to some mixed reviews from critics and audiences all over the world and finally after lots of digging for cash, I finally got to see this anticapated film! The film follows a young woman, played by Claire Foy who is institutionalized into a sanatariom after she fills out a few therapy papers and soon enough she then finds out to make it worse that her mad stalker is now a member of staff and out to take her away so she can become his own. I was so excited to see Unsane because I loved the idea and it's awesome trailer and what did I think; weeeeell, apart from a few small differences then to what I expected, it was a awesome horror film. The acting was superb and it was very clever and very intense. Clare Foy was amazing as Valentino and so was Joshua (i forget his second name, but he played the stalker) and so was Juno Temple and of course! Amy Irving?! I mean what the hell, Amy Irving, I thought she retired like years ago so it was fun to see her again cause I never knew she was going to be in it and she was also great. Unsane is a clever, intense and very atmospheric movie with great acting that keeps it fresh!
32 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good fun!!
26 March 2018
The ABCs Of Death was a film that was always on my watchlist. Finally, I found it on DVD while binge buying DVDs in a small town a few miles from my own, after I had completely forgotten about it and I watched it that night with so much excitement and well, what did I think of it? It was good! The film was definitly not going to be one of my favourite horror films which I knew, there would be bad ones and there would be good which was what happened. Some shorts were good, some were terrible and some were alright. My favourite, personally, was probably G is for Gravity which was a POV shot film of a man who goes into the ocean and kills himself which I thought was just really cool and interesting. The shorts that were probably my least favourite was probably O is for Orgasm which was just so stupid and pathetic. The ABCs Of Death is a good funny and disgusting film but don't expect a amazing anthology like V/H/S which it was mostly compared to. Stay tuned for my review of Unsane, hopefully tonight :)
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Possession (I) (2012)
Blaaaaaaaaah!!!
25 March 2018
During 2010-2012, a period of exorcism and possesion films came out including The Rite, Exorcismus, The Devil Inside, The Last Exorcism and of course, The Possession which came out in the Autumn of 2012 and was reportidly the last one to arrive before the trend ended. The film follows a young girl who takes in a box from a yard sale which will not open but one night, she then does and releases all kinds of malevolant evil..including the ones who want to take over her. So, one thing..this film is a possession film, so it's pure boredom, simple as. There is not any exorcism film that is actually very entertaining, the only one that sort of succeeded on that was The Exorcist. So ya, just a short review for you guys about this film, The Possession, it's good, it's not very creative but it does creative things with the story but it is VERY boring which is why everyone does not like it.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very dark, but very entertaining!!
23 March 2018
Snow White: A Tale Of Terror is the 1997 horror film which is probably only famous for two reasons; 1. It's a horror re-imagining of Snow White and 2. Sigourney Weaver is in it. The film is obviously about Snow White, a sweet young girl who is kicked out her castle by her evil stepmother who then after finding out she is prettier then herself, she then sets out to kill here, it's pretty much the same here except it has loads of crappy late 90's historical horror effects (Ghost Ship, Thirteen Ghosts, etc.). The film overall is "good", I would not call it a masterpiece in horror history or the best horror film of 1997 but it was a fair re-imagining and it probably could not have gone better then this anyway, this film is literally the only thing you can do with the Snow White story, unless you update it to the present day. The performances were very good in it though from Sam Raimi and Sigourney Weaver and Monica Kenne (sorry if that's not her name, just thinking of what it sounds like). Snow White: A Tale Of Terror is a decent good horror re-imagining but don't get your hopes up for the 90's best horror film or 1997's best horror film, oh no, sorry Snow White: A Tale Of Terror, you have to become fourth after I Know What You Did Last Summer, Cube and Scream 2.

Stay tuned for my anticipated review of Unsane, either tomorrow night or Sunday!!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cool film but very hard to stay into
20 March 2018
The Killing Of A Sacred Deer is Yorgos Lanthimos' new film and first horror film if you want to call it a horror film. The film follows a surgeon who's family slowly begins to grow very ill after a teenage boy he befriends starts to come close to him and his family. When I first watched Dogtooth, Yorgos' second film, I kind of felt like the film was good, just not really my type of film and considering this film was a horror film and not many horror films were coming out in theaters at the time, I decided I would see it, but I never got to. And just now in the UK and Ireland, it has came out and I'm glad to say it was actually really good. The film was very good and offered some amazing performances from Colin Ferrel and Nicole Kidman, in their second film since Sofia Coppola's The Beguiled. The kid who played Martin was absoloutley amazing and highly one of the best teenage performances of the 2010's in my opinion. The only problem I had with the film was that although the first maybe 50 minutes are very entertaining, it then went kind of boring and dragged on like a lot and I just skipped to the end, which also was not the best ending, no offence but was still a awesome climax, like the very last scene I mean. The Killing Of A Sacred Deer, like say, Mother, is probably gonna piss off some fans by it's open range of questions but will please some, so if you don't like artsy kind of films and mysterious ones (Under The Skin, Mother, The Shining, etc.), well then please don't watch this!!
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not as good as I was expecting but still awesome!
18 March 2018
My Friend Dahmer is a film that follows the life of a young Jeffrey Dahmer, a serial killer who murdered 17 males...(gulp) and basically this film explains how Dahmer descended into madness and how he became a serial killer. I was pretty surprised when I heard about this film when the trailer came out, I was immediatly like "Hell yes! I am watcing this" and when I watched it only last night, I really enjoyed it. I would not say the film is a masterpiece or anything but it was a descent little indie film, there is not much else to say, the performances were very good in the film but that's basically it. My Friend Dahmer is a good film, now, for Dahmer people who want to see an actual film based on him and know all about him, well now that I don't know??
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.