Reviews

1,380 Reviews
Yellowstone (2018– )
Promising first season.
16 October 2019
After binge watching the first season Yellowstone has my attention. I'll definitely watch the other seasons as well. A Western series isn't the easiest genre to keep it interesting all the time but in Yellowstone there are enough twists and turns to keep you interested. The cast is really good even though I'm not a big fan of Kelly Reilly. Well her character is a b*tch and to be honest she's doing a great job playing her. The cinematography is worth the detour, nice sceneries from Montana. The only negative point to me would be some fight scenes that don't look too real, as well as some scenes that don't make much sense, but overal the good outweighs the bad.
Better than I hoped for.
16 October 2019
Don't expect too much from this horror mystery movie. It isn't a big budget movie but to me it's certainly worth a watch. I liked it more than my wife did, aspecially the slow pace that added to the mystery. You can't help it to be interested the whole time about what the hell is happening and that's a good feeling when you watch a movie in the mystery genre. The horror passages are mild but still interesting enough for a low budget. The acting wasn't bad at all and the storyline is worth a watch, why should I complain?
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not the same quality as the series but not bad either.
16 October 2019
It was a great disappointment when Breaking Bad (the series) ended so a movie about what happened after that was a good idea. To know what became of Jesse Pinkman is something all Breaking Bad fans are keen to know but the movie is just not as good as the series. Still good acting from Aaron Paul and all the others but that special suspense from the series was just not present in El Camino. That aside it's still worth a watch, a nice closure to one of the best series from the last years.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not bad at all
14 October 2019
I guess I have the honor to write the first review for this Venezuelian movie. I'm pretty sure it's a first for me, to watch a movie from Venezuela, and for a first it was a pleasant surprise. The acting was on top, nothing bad to write about anybody from the cast. The storyline is worth watching, maybe a bit slow at times but you never lose interest as the mystery factor keeps everything together and interesting. To me there could have been a bit more gore to make it more special but overal it's a movie worth a watch.
Here and Now (2018– )
Not Alan Ball's best, that's for sure.
29 September 2019
Let's be honest, Alan Ball made some very good shows (Six Feet Under, True Blood) and a good show (Banshee) but this one just doesn't even come near to the quality of the others. Here and Now is slow and that makes it annoying after awhile. But the major letdown are the characters, most of them are cringing to watch. I think about Holly Hunter, Sosie Bacon, Marwan Salama and Daniel Zovatto, they all play very annoying characters, not worth watching or making a show about it. I don't say they are bad actors, it's just their characters. The only characters that are worth watching are played by Tim Robbins and Peter Macdissi. The story was so slow I though giving up on it but the last episode made me wondering if I should give it another chance for next season. If I do continue watching this one it better continues like the last episode otherwise I will just skip this series.
Swamp Thing (2019)
Why would you cancel this show? Just don't start making it then...
29 September 2019
This is so typical. You finally have a decent DC Comics series and they decide to cancel it. I will never understand the decision makers for some series. There are tons of series nowadays, some very good promising ones that just get cancelled for no reason, and then you have really bad ones that seem to go on forever. In this case Swamp Thing is or was an original and interesting show to watch, with a good cast and above all a good storyline that had alot of possibilities to go to, but no those morons decided to cancel it. And that while you have a dumb show like Arrow that is still on, go figure...
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bodyguard (2018– )
Disappointing ending but for the rest a good show.
12 September 2019
What could have been an excellent show ended up just being a good show. I have to agree with some reviewers on here, the show started promising with quite a bit of suspense and intrigues but the final episode was a bit of a letdown to me and I'm obviously not the only one thinking like that. It clearly could have done with a better ending. But apart from that this series is enjoyable to watch, with good actors, and plenty enough of action and suspense. Once you start watching it you want to know what will happen next, that's a good enough indicator for me for a good show.
Flaked (2016– )
Nothing special here.
12 September 2019
Looking at all the other great shows that we are currently bombarded with I wonder if this show is worth for me to waste time on. It's just a bit dull and slow, with almost nothing happening except a lot of drama. I wouldn't call it a comedy as for that there are just not enough laughable moments, in my case there are just none as I didn't laugh once, or at least not sincerely. Will Arnett isn't a bad actor, nor are the others but the storyline is just not doing it for me. I doubt I will waste my time with a second season.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I shouldn't have wasted my time on this one.
10 September 2019
Despite the attracting cast which had a quite good reputation as comedians the movie itself is just not good. The story is kinda boring, they clearly didn't think too far to write this comedy. But since it's a comedy I expected some laughs and to be honest I didn't laugh once, and there is nothing wrong with my sense of humor so that can't be it. I should have read the reviews before watching American Crude or at least looked at the ratings as for once the ratings are totally justified.
Waco (2018)
Religions and guns should be banned everywhere and the world would just be a better place.
8 September 2019
Everybody remembers Waco if they were alive at that time. Even me, a Belgian, far away from the place of delict. So it was interesting to watch this well done mini series about that tragic event. I'm a convinced atheist so anything related to religion makes me or smile or cringe. In this case it's cringing. Watching brainwashed people wasting their lives for an imaginary friend is just depressing. David Koresh was a lunatic that belonged in a psychiatric institute or in jail. In the end, him dying, is probably he best thing that could happen as those kind of people just don't deserve to live. He was a child abuser whatever the Texas law says about it. We all know better than those outdated laws. The government was for sure at fault, and that doesn't surprise me at all as it was in America, the land of trigger happy maniacs. The reason why such a drama would never happen in Europe is because here guns are not allowed and that's how it should be everywhere in the world. When you see that so-called loving God fearing lunatics are armed to their teeth while they should only bring peace you know there is something fundemantely wrong in that country. There will be countless more drama's like this one in America and their government is totally responsable for that. As for this mni-series I thought it was well made with top acting performances, and I believe the story to be quite accurate. A short but very interesting and easy to watch show.
Dark Country (2009)
Certainly not good enough to be remembered.
8 September 2019
Another Film Noir that didn't do it for me. It's not my favorite genre as most of the time they want to make it a bit too arty for my taste. I have to admit that there were a couple good passages in the movie, but overall the cinematography just looked too cheap. Some viewers might like that effect but I'm not one of those viewers. The acting was average, not the worst I saw but certainly not the best either. The story had some intriguing elements but in the end it just didn't deliver. Let just say I wasn't a big fan of Dark Country.
The Crossing (2018)
Bye bye ABC.
18 August 2019
After reading some reviews I'm glad I'm not the only one that is fed up with ABC. For once they have an interesting series and of course they have to cancel it. They have absolutely no clue when they have a good show. I was already not a big fan of ABC, with alot of mediocre shows, but now I'm completely done with them. The Crossing had a good storyline, with an interesting concept, decent actors, and good twists and turns. It's a shame they cancel this promising show. You wonder who is the moron that decides such a thing. He or she is just incompetent.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Manifest (2018– )
Looked promising but bad acting and bad scenario
17 August 2019
What started interesting quickly became very boring. Mystery is one of my favorite genre of series and that's what made it appealing to me. The first episode started promising even though I already had my doubts after some bad acting and annoying characters. I gave it a shot anyway, until episode four, and then I couldn't take it anymore. It's just isn't quality and that is required nowadays when you see all the great shows there are. I'm not going to continue losing my time on this one. I'm normally not a quitter but in this case I surrender and move on to something better.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mammuth (2010)
No thank you.
7 August 2019
When I read all the other reviews I'm wondering if I watched the same movie as them. One is pretending it's one of Gérard Depardieu's best performance. If that's the case I suppose he didn't watched alot of Gérard Depardieu's movies because this one is really nothing special. A boring story with a mediocre script. The cinematography was also below average. Some scenes are supposed to be funny but if I'm honest I didn't laugh once. So I really don't get what all those positive reviews are about. To me this movie is a waste of time and money.
Match Point (2005)
No it's not a masterpiece, it's just okay.
6 August 2019
I read somewhere someone pretending Match Point is a masterpiece. Well let's just not exagerate please, it's certainly not a masterpiece, far from it. The first part is really slow and a bit boring if I have to be honest. There is of course a sexual tension whenever Scarlett Johansson enters a room, for that she's just too beautiful and elegant, so you could say she has a major part in the success this movie has. Jonathan Rhys Meyers' character adds to the tension by it's obsession with Scarlett Johansson. The story is watchable but a bit more thrilling moments would have been better. I'm not a huge fan of Woody Allen and it's not this movie that's going to change my mind. It isn't bad though, but nothing that I will remember.
Mine (II) (2016)
Done before but much better.
4 August 2019
Mine starts promising, becomes boring at one point, and ends just poorly. It's a mediocre movie, really nothing special about it. In fact I watched two similar movies (I don't remember the exact titles) and they were both much better. I wouldn't say the acting was bad, the main character did a great job standing on a mine for the entire movie, but at one point the story just doesn't make much sense. What should have been a suspenseful movie (considering the situation of the soldier) just turned out to be a boring story. Did I waste my time watching this? Yes.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Propaganda? Get a life, this is just an entertaining movie.
2 August 2019
People that reviewed this movie with the lowest score possible are all right wing trolls, you would think a movie site like IMDb would not have to deal with those idiots but here you go. Jupiter's Moon is well made, with at times a very nice cinematography, a bunch of unknown-to-me actors that did a very good job playing their characters. The story is interesting to follow even though it has his flaws. Not all is perfect or makes sense all the time but the movie is captivating enough to keep your attention all the time. Don't listen to those idiots that see politics in everything and that feel the urge to spit their negativity anytime they can.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thierry Lhermitte did the job.
2 August 2019
Politics, it's really not my thing, as I see them all as manipulative power hungry wolves in sheep clothes, so a movie about a French minister isn't the kind of movie I would go for but as Quai d'Orsay is a political satire it was just what I needed to have a couple good laughs. Making fun about people that think they are above everyone is just funny. Although the story is a bit repetitive it was funny and that mostly because of Thierry Lhermitte who did a brilliant job playing the French Minister of Foreign Affairs Alexandre Taillard de Worms. The whole movie is about writing a speech for the Minister, a speech that is never good enough and that needs constant modifications, it's repetitive but it worked.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Historical biographies need to be accurate and this one isn't.
25 July 2019
I only watched this movie because my wife likes historical costume drama's. The history of Mary Stuart was the subject I thought that would be interesting but the more I watched it the more I had the feeling this wasn't an accurate telling of facts. For example I really doubt there would be a Black lord or an Asian countess at that time in England. Add on that the rather boring repetitive story telling and you get just a mediocre movie. The main actresses Saoirse Ronan and Margot Robbie didn't do a bad job but the inaccuracy of the story just made Mary Queen Of Scots a movie I will forget everything about it in a week.
The Mule (2018)
For the fans of Clint Eastwood you can't go wrong.
25 July 2019
I wouldn't say it's Clint Eastwood's best movie ever, for that the story is sometimes a bit too far fetched and romanticisized, but like all his other movies it's worth watching. As an actor and director Clint Eastwood has nothing to prove anymore, he did it all and that in an excellent way. In The Mule, which will probably be his last movie as an actor, he delivers again. His acting is what makes this movie worth watching. The story, based on true events, is probably not as accurate as it really was but as entertainment it's worth a detour. The cinematography is excellent, the acting and the cast are good, the story not perfect but entertaining. Another good movie from Clint Eastwood.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I guess I don't have the same sense of humor.
22 July 2019
First of all let it be perfectly clear that the reviewers that scored this movie with a perfect ten are fake reviewers. They all have just one review so it's pretty obvious somebody made them writing this as a favor. Any normal human being could see this movie is just a stinker. The story is very predictable but most of all very boring and annoying. It's one of those movies you wonder why they made it. Maybe with better actors it could go from really bad (what it is now) to mediocre at best. But the major problem are the actors, they are just bad. Robert Kazinsky (first time I saw the bloke if I have to be honest) is cringing to watch. When my wife told me he was in EastEnders I have to admit I was not surprised at all, as all failures of actors end up in sleezy soap series. The other 'main' character played by Samantha Barks looks also everything but professional. This movie is supposed to be a comedy but I didn't laugh once, and I can assure you there is nothing wrong with my sense of humor. And why do they need such an absurd title? The Revenger: An Unromantic Comedy or For Love Or Money, it doesn't matter which one, they are both stupid titles for a boring movie. Avoid at all costs.
7 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent except the ridiculous Genesis passage.
22 July 2019
What better day to watch this documentary than on the fiftieth anniversary of one of the most spectacular moments of history? An event watched by almost the entire planet, an event that for that time was just astunishing, certainly when you see the images of their primitive computers and so on. It's just unbelievable they managed this stunt at that time. The documentary is never boring, in fact it's really interesting as the astronauts are the ones that explain everything. There are some good messages in this documentary, like the futuristic vision of us destroying our planet instead of preserving our lovely planet. I can't give it a perfect score as at one point there is that religious part that has nothing to do in such a documentary. Religion is the exact opposite of science and should be banned once and for all, and certainly in such documentaries. But for it's historical value and for the compilation of all the well known footage, as well as all the testimonies, In The Shadow Of The Moon is certainly one of the better documentaries about this subject.
Love Shot (2018)
Welcome back fake reviewers.
24 June 2019
As I write this review the movie only got seven other reviews yet. Six from those seven gave a perfect ten so you could conclude that this was one of their favorite movies of all time, otherwise why would you score it that high? The truth here is that we have AGAIN fake reviewers, people who where involved or who knew somebody involved in this movie. The proof is that this will be their first and only review they will ever write. I'm not even bothered reading those, I just click on their username to watch how many reviews they wrote and if it's just one I'm not even slightly interested in reading their lies. You've got to stay objective when reviewing and they just don't do that. For that I score Love Shot a four instead of a five, just to bring it down a bit. The movie starts promising but the further the story advances the lesser the quality. The acting of Dakota Loesch isn't very good. To me he was the weakest link of this movie. Just don't waste your time on this one.
10 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Paddleton (2019)
Not everybody loves Raymond
24 June 2019
I must not have watched the same movie as the rest here apparently. I didn't find Paddleton as good as the vast majority obviously thinks. What could have been an emotional story just fell very bland to me. I can't help to see Ray Romano in anything else than in Everybody Loves Raymond. His monotone acting in that show just continues in this movie, it all looks the same to me. I always thought he was a bit boring to watch, and in this movie it's not an exception. I'm just not a fan of Roman, can't help it, to me he just ruins the movie.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The kind of Marvels I like.
22 June 2019
I think it's a smart move from Marvel to put some funny moments in their movies. Deadpool and Ant-Man are difinitely the Marvel movies I preferred. The humor in those movies combined with the superhero powers works really well. In Ant-Man And The Wasp you have an interesting entertaining story, a couple of superheroes that are both worth watching, and some good special effects. I always preferred the Marvel to the DC Comic characters. The style is also better if you ask me. If you are into supehero comic movies I can't see a reason why you wouldn't like this movie. To me it's one of the better ones, even a tiny better than the first Ant-Man.