Reviews

Joker (2019)
Give Joaquin and Todd Their Oscar Already.
4 October 2019
I have seen many superhero movies in my life and I have seen many actors play the Joker but never have I been so impressed with a performance and a film such as Joker. Joker was a film that not only brought the true origin story of how to supervillain known as Joker came to be as told in the comics, but it delivered the right amount of horror, action and drama/suspense that a perfect superhero movie should have. For a movie that is directed by Todd Philips, someone who I thought personally couldn't pull it off at first, he truly made a cinematic masterpiece that is worth all the Oscars and awards possible.

But of course, the real star of the film was Joaquin Phoenix. From the first look we got last year from Phillips on Instagram, we could already tell that he was going to be an good Joker but when you see the movie, he turned out to be an amazing Joker. Phoenix is right up there with Ledger as one of the best Joker actors and with all the Oscar buzz going around for Phoenix, I can see him getting all the Oscars for sure. no doubt.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hustlers (2019)
A 1 Hour 49 Minute Strip Show.
13 September 2019
I was very excited when I first heard of Hustlers and I got even more excited when I saw the trailer. But when it came to the actual movie, I was shockingly let down. As a fellow journalist myself, I did admire the idea that they took an real life article and turn this into a inspired-fictional movie. But, the whole story behind the "taking down the wall street giants" was not that presented in the movie as most of the movie was just strippers dancing and strippers poisoning drinks and getting money which to me, did not match the movie description which was disappointing. I will give props to the actresses for their acting as they did do a good job with their roles but overall, Hustlers could have shown the main parts of the article and the story and for me, this isn't one I wouldn't go see again.
44 out of 98 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Treat From Fast And Furious Team
7 September 2019
Hobbs and Shaw was one of those movies from the first trailer that it seems interesting and indeed it was interesting. The ratio between drama, action and comedy made for a unique Fast And Furious film that could be enjoyed by all over and over again. The chemistry between Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham was shown once again and it made for a great film. The only thing that was not really enjoyable about this movie was that it did not really match with all the previous Fast and Furious films as there was not much car action in my opinion and I think the storyline could have been improved so that it matches the Fast and Furious story. Other than that, Hobbs and Shaw was very enjoyable and I already saw it twice but I would see it over and over again for sure.
76 out of 93 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Perfect Way To End A Classic Horror Movie Franchise.
7 September 2019
It Chapter Two was advertised as a film with horror, drama and romance and the actual film delivered all that was promised. It Chapter Two had a good amount of blood and gore which is what a movie such as It should have. I also do enjoy the aspect of how they added drama and romance as it made for an interesting sequel. The only 2 things that I thought was wrong about this movie was 1) We do not see Pennywise as much as we did in the first film as the film was mostly shown around the kids as adults. And 2nd, I think 2hr 49mins was an okay length for this movie but at some points in the movie, I did daze off because it was a little slow and you did not have any idea what was happening. Other than that, It Chapter Two was an phenomenal movie and is a perfect way to end a classic horror movie franchise.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
They Tried.
6 September 2019
The Banana Splits Movie is one of those childhood ruining movies that will severely damage your childhood more than you thought it would have. The plot was understandable where the kid got to see a taping of The Banana Splits for his birthday but the rest of the movie made no sense where it was like 3 different plots in one independent film. An for a horror film, it was disappointing not because of the amount of blood that was there because there was plenty but the horror part of it just was not there as the film was highly predictable. If you want a cheesy horror movie to watch then go ahead and watch this but me personally, I do not see myself watching it again anytime soon.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
K-12 (2019)
Perfect Musical Buildup to Album!
6 September 2019
K-12 was all that was promised: an eerie enchanting musical film. As a longtime fan of Melanie, I was very excited to hear that she was directing and writing her first feature film for her first album and she truly delivered. The music fit well with the storyline and the acting could have been a bit better but other than that, and the script could have been improved but other than that, Melanie did an amazing job on her first feature film and it is a perfect film for fans and new fans of Melanie Martinez to enjoy along with the new album.
6 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ready or Not (I) (2019)
One Badass Horror Film
25 August 2019
Ready or Not seems like a cheesy horror movie when you first hear of it but when you go to actually see it, you are in for a badass horror/comedy movie that will leave you on the edge of your seat every single second. Ready or Not was not only an one-of-a-kind horror experience but it also had a powerful and badass female lead which made this movie even more enjoyable. Combine that with all the blood and guts in this movie, you get one hell of a horror film for the new generation. So worth the money and so one I plan on seeing over and over again.
2 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Concert Movie With Lacking Excitement
24 August 2019
Bring The Soul: The Movie was a unique idea for a movie that takes fans behind the scenes of the bands concert and what they do off-camera as well which is very enjoyable for fans. However, for a concert film from a very popular K-Pop band, I personally thought that the film was lacking the excitement that was advertised. For a concert film, you should expect loud music and flashy lights and excitement but this movie did not really bring that as it was somewhat of a slow film. Other than that, I did find it enjoyable for the most part but this isn't a movie that I regret paying $15 for.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hyperdrive (2019– )
One Hell Of A Wild Ride
24 August 2019
Hyperdrive was one of those shows that seemed exciting from the beginning and was even more exciting when it started. Charlize Theron produced such an amazing and crazy competition show that will leave you on the edge of your seat every episode. The only negative thing about Hyperdrive is that most of the people that are on the show have stories of sympathy (homeless, not enough money, life is not going their way) which for a driving competition show, is not really the right way to go in this scenario but other than that, Hyperdrive is very thrilling and very exciting and one for racing fans of all ages to watch.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good Boys (II) (2019)
Filthy and Fu**ing Amazing
16 August 2019
Good Boys is one of those movies that you can see once and you have the urge to see it over and over again, the storyline was not only very adult and very filthy, but it was very entertaining to where I was laughing for the whole 90 minutes. Good Boys was also very heartwarming with loving and powerful messages from time to time that made this film an overall joy. I do not understand why this movie has a low rating because honestly, this movie is very entertaining and funny and its one that is worth all the money you spend for it.
11 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tugs On All The Right Heartstrings
14 August 2019
Blinded by the Light was one of those movies that seemed like it would be good by the trailers but when you actually go see it, it is really good. That's Blinded by the Light. Blinded by the Light took an true story based on a kid who got through live through Bruce Springsteen and turned it into a film that will leave you smiling, laughing and yes, I will admit I did cry once or twice during it but that is just me. Blinded by the Light is one of those feel good movies that you can see over and over again and everytime you go see it, you will always be happy. I do not really understand why this got a 6.5 because this movie did much more than expected and was very enjoyable from start to end to where I was singing "Born To Run" in my seat.
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved Every Single Second.
30 July 2019
I have admired David Spade for a while now and I am a huge fan of his so you can imagine how excited I was for Lights Out With David Spade. And let me tell you, the show did not disappoint at all. David Spade brought his witty comedy to late night and finally made late night actually enjoyable to watch which as a fan and follower of late night shows, is a total plus for me.

I know some people may not like the format of not having an actual guest star on the show every night and that they mainly talk about pop culture, but people need to understand that this is David's way of doing late night. Every host does it different and frankly, I enjoy this format of a late night show as you never really see a panel/table during late night shows

I have nothing really negative to say except for one piece of advice, I think David should incorporate some skits and sketches to his show like Trevor Noah does on The Late Show, I think if he does this along with audience participation and also giving a little extra time to go into each topic presented to the panel, he can take this show far and I can see this show going for a few seasons.

Overall, I loved Lights Out with David Spade and I think that everyone who is staying up at 11:30 at night and need something to do or just need a good laugh, Lights Out with David Spade is the way to go.
14 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Slow Movie But Still Enjoyable.
30 July 2019
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood looked good from the start and the movie itself was not disappointing at all. Fantastic acting was delivered by Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt as they portrayed their characters very well. As for Margot Robbie, she was advertised as one of the main stars but she didn't get much screen time as expected which was very disappointing but for the time Margot was on screen, she didn't disappoint at all.

Another thing with this movie that I see personally as a con is the slow speed most of the movie was, I know that is Quentin's idea for films but in my opinion for a film like this I would have loved to see more speed for some of the scenes that was slowed. That was the only con I mainly saw in this movie and otherwise, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was very enjoyable to watch and it is for sure worth taking a visit to see.
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Coachella Of Europe.
27 July 2019
I haven't really followed Eurovision for that long, but I did happen to watch last year and that was pretty okay. I watched this year and it was pretty amazing. Eurovision 2019 was not only a fun event because of all the unique songs and all the diversity, it was fun because it gets you excited every single second. Now yes, I do see the story behind some of the backlash the contest got for being in Israel this year but that didn't stop everyone from having fun and enjoying the contest. I was very impressed and very entertained and now I am a major fan and follower of the contest and I am very much looking forward to what Eurovision 2020 will bring.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Breathtaking, Simply Breathtaking.
19 July 2019
As a long time fan and follower of Bethany Hamilton, and already been inspired by Soul Surfer, Bethany Hamilton: Unstoppable truly proved that Bethany Hamilton is truly unstoppable. The story that she told and the footage that was shown from the past and the present along with the visuals made for a one of a kind documentary that can be enjoyed by Bethany Hamilton fans and surfing fans alike. This movie was truly breaktaking and is very much worth the money I spent for it.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Midsommar (I) (2019)
A Full Swedish Nightmare, But Entertaining.
3 July 2019
I did not really know much about Midsommar as I only saw one trailer but Midsommar is one of those movies that you see the trailer for it once and you feel like "What in the hell is this?" but let me tell you, A24 and Ari Asters delivered a true and incredible horror movie experience. The emotions, the action, the characters and the overall story was truly amazing and as a mega horror movie geek, I can tell you that the horror in the movie will not disappoint you at all. I also have to give props to Florence Pugh who delivered an incredible and I mean it, INCREDIBLE performance as the character Dani. Her emotions and acting made it seem like she was actually part of it. And we also have to give credit to Ari Asters for taking/making this make believe festival (or at least I think it is) and making it so realistic. If you need a good horror movie or a good movie to go see, don't see spiderman, go see Midsommar!
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Please Stop With The Game Shows Netflix.
2 July 2019
First they had flinch, and now this. Awake is practically a rip off of minute to win it with the only exception that contestants are up for 24 hours. If you ask me, I think Netflix should stop making game shows or maybe rewind a little bit and think of something good and something that they most likely thought of in 1 day. I love you Netflix but I'm sorry, Awake is a no from me.
1 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Card Sharks (2019– )
Only Came For Joel Mchale.
25 June 2019
To be honest, I mainly didn't know what the heck Card Sharks even was and frankly, I only watched it for Joel McHale. The show didn't have the same "it-factor" that the original show has and it is slow and missing a whole lot. I will give it praise for the contestants they bring on as they have color and personality. Other than that, Card Sharks can improve greatly and I think that they can do better.
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Disaster Artist: Heartwarming and Perfect!
25 June 2019
As a long time fan of Tommy Wiseau and The Room, I was so excited for The Disaster Artist and still, after 2 years after the release, I am still excited and I am in so in love with it! James and Dave Franco are the perfect duo to play Greg and Tommy that you would mistake them for the real thing. The movie brings us deeper and tells us things we never knew about the creation of one of the most popular cult classics of all time. If you need a movie that will make you smile and one that will warm your heart, watch The Disaster Artist.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
All That (2019– )
Fresh, New Take On A Classic!
17 June 2019
I was very happy to hear All That was coming back with a fresh new cast with 3 returning members. The show so far has been nothing but pure fun and comedic pleasure. The new cast is very hilarious and very fun for kids to relate to. The only thing I will say negative about it is that the original cast members were not really part of the show as classic sketches got new hosts/characters which if you ask me, I think they should have kept the classic and also the show was only 23 minutes which is very short which I do think they can make it longer but other than that, the show is very enjoyable and I am excited to see what they do with the show.
5 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stan Lee Would Be Damn Proud.
2 June 2019
Avengers: Endgame was simply superhero perfection that was so worth all those Marvel movies. The storylines and action didn't disappoint at all that it had me at the edge of my seat every single second. Avengers: Endgame is not only a movie that Marvel fans should be proud of but it is one that Stan Lee would be damn proud of, no doubt. Simply amazing movie from Marvel.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rocketman (I) (2019)
Truly A Musical Fantasy.
2 June 2019
Rocketman was truly what it said it was gonna be: a true fantasy. Now yes, it was basically a musical movie but it was one film that is up there with Bohemian Rhapsody. But the most amazing thing about this movie was Taron Egerton. The fact that Taron portrayed Elton so well and sang all the songs perfectly was truly amazing. In general, Rocketman was a one of a kind musical movie that I would watch over and over again.
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Perfect Love Story With Diversity
28 May 2019
The Sun Is Also A Star didn't really catch my attention the first time I saw the trailer but when it came to when I actually saw it, I was pretty impressed with the product. The Sun Is Also A Star was not only powerful but it had diversity it in the form of a African-American and Asian relationship which I believe was a plus. The acting was also very good as well but I will admit that the story was somewhat slow and that some parts of it repeated which is why I didn't give this a 10 but overall, I was very impressed and this was a enjoyable movie.
4 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What The Actual Hell Nick?
17 May 2019
Okay, I do understand that this show is for kids and things but the overall concept of this show is stupid and is very disappointing content from Nick. For starters, they created a whole show based on a YouTube star which already was not a good move because what if his career went down one day and the show was still on? Yeah, trouble. But for a show from Nickelodeon, you would think it would be enjoyable. I have a little brother and we watched it for about 1 minute and we automatically turned it off because it was that brutal. Now Nickelodeon, I do not know what you plan to do with this show but let me give you a tip, CANCEL IT. Just, do it.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Hustle (2019)
Funny and Stupid. But mainly Stupid.
17 May 2019
The Hustle was one of those movies that look good in the beginning (trailers and promos) but when you actually go to see it, it is very stupid. The Hustle did have it's positives like it was indeed very funny and the acting work from Hathaway and Wilson was very well delivered and very entertaining. The storyline however, was very dull and very slow which made for a very disappointing story and for a movie about con-artists, I would have loved more action and adventure to it which it had little to none. To sum this all up, do I recommend The Hustle? I mean it is your choice but I am going to give this a "meh" for now.
0 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.