Wish Man (2019)
Loved the Comradery of Characters
9 September 2019
I have been anxious to see this Film for Months, as Andrew Steel and Director Theo Davies were in San Diego doing PR and I saw them interviewed on KUSI News, but never was released in San Diego theatres ? Anyway, finally found it available for Purchase on Amazon Prime. Needless to say it was worth the wait ! What an outstanding Job in Film Making. The way Andrew Steel brings Frank Shankwitz to Life on screen brought me to tears. All the weak reviews are trolls for sure because I do not see how anyone with a Heart could not connect to this true story. The Flashbacks to his childhood seemed so real. The Comradery of all the characters is really well done too. Having some of the Cast from CHIPS in the Film was smart. An emotion filled Movie thru out, well worth your time and Means something Special. This is the story of the Founder of the Make a Wish Foundation but mainly about his life and childhood and what inspired Him to Found it.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Casting By (2012)
Podcast Referral
5 September 2019
Though i was familiar with some of the Casting Directors, i found out about this outstanding Documentary, after listening to a podcast interview with Actor Simon Callow. Moderated by the one and only Leonard Maltin and daughter Jessie Maltin.😊 They ask plenty of juicy questions ! Very informative Doc.
Honeyland (2019)
Swat them away
1 September 2019
Real People and Bees. Movie So Good I thought there were some Bees in the Theatre and tried to swat them away Visually stunning !!!
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Luce (2019)
Waited a Week
1 September 2019
I am Big Fan and have admired much of the work from the Lead Actors in this Film. So it is tough for me to admit I did not like it Much. After thinking about for a Week still do not see where the Story leads to or the Purpose. Nice try. New Kid is smooth.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Racingly Fun
1 September 2019
This is the story of a Race Car Driver/Mechanic told thru the perspective of his Loyal Dog Enzo voiced by Kevin Costner. Denny (Milo Ventimiglia) lives with Enzo in the beginning but meets and falls for Eve (Amanda Seyfried) . They get married and start a family. Zoe is born and then Eve gets Sick which is point of Story I will stop off at, but will say I very much liked this Movie. Plenty of Humor and Fast Cars.. Kathy Baker and Martin Donovan play Eve's somewhat medaling Parents. Fought back some tears near the end.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Find the empathy
26 August 2019
Excellent Movie and one that each and everyone of us will Get in a different way , like all Movies but definitely this one. Nice character development as they are interesting and real. Heart Felt Film with a great Soundtrack. Finally found a use for the Peanut that George Washington Carver didn't influence.
Photograph (2019)
Warm Fuzzy Feeling
18 August 2019
Very touching story of a street photographer in Mumbai India who has a chance encounter with a student that leads to Love. A little tough to follow in beginning, but sweetly unfolds on screen after with a interesting twist to the end. Great acting particularly liked the lead characters Grandmother, very wise Woman. Type of Film that stays with you for a while. Great work by the Cinematographer too. Now on Amazon, free for subscribers.
Solid
18 August 2019
Denzel Washington plays a character that for once we are not rooting for or occasionally Hating, instead I just sort of felt sorry for. Been a fan of his movies for many years so I decided to do little research myself and found a great interview with the Man himself by Peter Travers. Google it So see the Film first, then watch interview for added effects. Strong performances by Colin Farrell and Carmen Ejogo in supporting roles.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well Done in this Genre
17 August 2019
I thought this was a pretty spooky Movie. Better than your average Slasher or Haunted House Film. Only thing disappointed me a little was the $19.00 ticket and about 20 minutes of trailers and Ads. He man, you don't need to sell me twice I already voluntarily came to see the Movie at 2. Please start it then and play trailers at end. They are all online for free anyway. In the old days a Cartoon Short film or News reel prior to Start were much more entertaining than trailers. Then a short pause about mid way to hit Restroom and refill Popcorn. Remember Intermission ?
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Felt Joyful
17 August 2019
Cate Blanchett really seems to relish these sort of quirky characters. You can feel the Joy she puts into this role. A Family Comedy about an eccentric Woman whose daughter is about to leave for Boarding School. Definitely one of the better Films I have seen this year. The South Pole trip is spectacular ! Bet Nice Cast had a Blast making the Movie. Not your everyday storyline either. I recommend watching some interviews with the Cast online after to gain a better understanding of the characters. Gonna get the Book.
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pavarotti (2019)
Moved
15 August 2019
No being real familiar with Opera but somewhat with Pavarotti I was not sure what to expect, but decided since Ron Howard does not make bad movies, bound to be good. After watching and learning so much about Pavarotti the Opera Star and Man was very moved. What an Incredible Performer and even better Human Being. I very much want to visit Italy to see his Musuem and Hometown. See an Opera. I saw the Film at a neat little theatre in Downtown Monterey CA
No Brain Washing
7 August 2019
The New Documentary Film " Mike Wallace Is Here" is pretty good. Deep look back at his work with CBS and intimate background about his personal Life. If you are old enough to have watched 60 Minutes for multiple years ? Really cool archived footage of his work over a 50 year career on TV and Radio. His Interviews were Ground breaking but may have fueled the current glut of News shows some of which are very Controversial and Shady. Great job on the research for Film
The Farewell (I) (2019)
Lie
4 August 2019
I was raised not to Lie about anything. Have found out the hard way that not be the case in the business world. So it was tough for me to swallow the True Story of Chinese tradition. That said it was still a Friendly ride on the Asian side. Acting Family and Music holds it together
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Must See at Least Twice
29 July 2019
This is without a doubt the Best Picture of the Year. Not only because it will deserve it, but just like Green Book last year they have nailed the MARKETING for the Film . Only thing, I recommend that your Butt hits the chair at the theatre right before the Movie Starts. Although I appreciate the Trailers for upcoming Films as much as the next Guy, with a 2 hour and 41 minute Movie, need to be Fresh ? Maybe they should have a quick intermission ? So, Unless a International Indy Film comes out that is Fabulous before Oscars time, or someone does something Stupid to ruin it, this Film will prevail . Also Hats off to Kurt Russell on the Voice Over. I wonder if the script was loosely based on the Old TV Movie from 1976 , called "The Quest " with Kurt Russell and Tim Matheson ? I will be rooting for Quentin Tarantino, the Lead Actors and Team, bound to be up for some Oscars as well.
42 out of 73 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Family Man (2016)
Ironic relate to character
22 July 2019
Not sure how i missed this one but it is a piece of work ! Gerard Butler as a high pressure phone recruiter with a terminally ill child a ruthless boss (Willem Dafoe) and a loving wife. I lost a tear about mid way and a few more later. Good Movie period !! I been self employed since 1998
Outstanding
21 July 2019
What a great Movie. Jesse James is Fun to research too. My Family still lives in Clay County Missouri and my late Father actually went to the Press Conference in Liberty Mo when they announced the results of his DNA which was positive. However there are still alot of people that think Jesse lived til his 90's in Texas. The acting and direction in this Film are superb. Loved the brothers in the Cast and thought Pamela Reed stood out as the Parlour girl. Old Fashion Western with a knife fight to boot
Timing
16 July 2019
What a great show. Very Entertaining and just really FUNNY ! They work like 2 peas in a pod and fabulous Music thru out
Get the Girl
15 July 2019
I am pretty sure that during the Golden Age of Hollywood the three key ingredients needed when making a Motion Picture were, A Gorgeous Female Star, A Wonderful Musical Score and A Story Worth telling. That is what Warren Beatty has done with this Film about the eccentric Billionaire Howard Hughes. The lead actress is really good, the Song she sings will not leave my mind for a long time and I have always been intrigued about Howard Hughes. No Comic Book heroes here, just old fashion movie making, period 1950's Hollywood.
Eight
15 July 2019
Pretty Good Movie. Old fashioned Western with all the Bells and Whistles now available to Hollywood. Plus a High Caliber Cast of veteran well known Actors.

A lot went into to this production !! and it shows but I thought it should have been the Magnificent Eight since Haley Bennett as Emma pulls her weight.
Sexy International Feel
13 July 2019
A couple both Art Students go to Tel Aviv (White City) to try and find themselves and work. Kyle (Thomas Dekker) is a Film maker and Eva (Haley Bennett) a Poet. Then they meet Avi (Bob Morley) Handsome Hunk that Kyle decides to center his Film around. The relationship between Kyle and Eva is pretty Rocky but is really the Glue that holds the story together. Avi is sort of like the 3rd wheel. The international flavor of the Film helps as does Eva exploring the Israel Art and Literary Guilds .Kyle shooting his Film is the main part of storyline and his character a bit of a Turd, leads the way. I found this Film because I like Haley Bennett and as part of an online class I am taking. She and the co stars work well together and though I did not care much for the ending thought it was a fine ride and would watch again ! Too Bad we never see Kyle's finished Film ?
Booksmart (2019)
Casting
9 July 2019
Serious Belly Laughs Hats off to Casting Director Allison Jones Mid 90 s too Perfect Double Feature
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Papi Chulo (2018)
The desired effect
3 July 2019
As usual, i did a bit of research and watched the trailer before going to see Film at Landmark Hillcrest. And sure enough they stayed true to trailer and you get what you want. A big HUG from an adorable cast and a thought provoking script. Very nice job by the lead actors. Only thing I would be interested in catching up with these characters again in 6 months..........Mr Butler ?
2 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Halston (2019)
The Fashion Shows
21 June 2019
Enjoyed all the interviews with the original Models and celebrities especially LIZA and all the historical information about Halston himself. He was one of the most talented Fashion Designers in history but made a few bad decisions towards the end......not a bad Musical Score to accompany the Fashion Shows
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wish I Could Have Been the Teens Father
16 June 2019
This is a very special Movie. Really Funny in the right places and Romantic, just has plenty to offer . Heath brings the House down singing "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" tune trying to woo Kat. I could feel the chemistry of the cast and crew and you get a little taste if you watch til the very end, like you should be anyway. The main characters are united. Excellent Soundtrack
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very Subtle
15 June 2019
Very well done Film without a doubt , however I think they should find a new Title. American Woman used up and storyline too. It is almost as if we as a society are expected to accept the gruesome crime depicted (very subtle at least) as the norm. Granted the Fish wraps and Tv Series about missing people etc abide, just seems overdone. That said the characters click and develop nicely. See if you are in to DRAMAS Musical Score average ?
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.