First Man (2018)
Out of This World
17 September 2019
I'm not into space exploration movies, but I just wanted to give it a try out of curiosity. And it turned out to be much better than I expected, initially. The amazing story of those astronauts rushed into my senses since the beginning and it definitely kept me awake until the last minute. It arose my interest for "what's out there" stuff and I bet that's the thing that it would "cause" to you, too. It's a little masterpiece, long story short, worth watching and enjoying.
The Upside (2017)
French fries
17 September 2019
Astonishing remake of an incredible masterpiece! I enjoyed it 'til the end. Felt so relaxed while watching it. If you're nervous, anxious or anything else, this movie will definitely calm you down. From drama to comedy, you'll get through every emotion known in existence. Forget 'bout the haters and hava yourself some good time with this film.
Female Domination
8 September 2019
I almost felt asleep by boredom. No trace of a single smile, whatsoever. Could've been different and much better. I would've changed the main actors, if you asked me, because they have no charm at all. I just couldn't sense some attraction to the story. Not even just a little. It's so sad to see a "history" messed up by now. Let it rain with bad reviews, I guess.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wild Horses
6 September 2019
Holy Father... I need a break. Cause I got messed up a little by the things I've just seen. How on earth can a mentally disturbing movie can be put into commercial use? I'm just wondering. For me, it was more than lame. Boring replicas, boring characters, boring action. Boredom all they way around me. I think, imho, that it's pretty much a waste of money, both for the producer and the viewer. So give yourself a favor and find a movie that won't give a seizure.
It rocks
3 September 2019
It reveals reality in a cristal clear way, without any hesitation or irrelevant stuff. I think this is the aspect that I appreciated the most about this movie. The action is cohesive, showcasing the history of a family within the history of wrestling. What can be more beautiful than this. It parked my interest since the beginning and I couldn't let my eyes off the screen until the very end. It's extraordinary in so many ways. An out of this world delight to watch it.
Booksmart (2019)
Dope!
1 September 2019
I think it was pretty badass. Despite the fact that it lacked some minor things, my overall impression of it turned to be quite good. I didn't have major fun, but I least had some. Laughed hear and there and enjoyed pretty much every scene. The acting is decent, not bad & congrats for that, movie producers. To sum up, it's funny and family friendly, imho. So you go watch it, too!
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Night School (2018)
Lying looser
27 August 2019
Has some little pretty dope & laughable scenes. But I think that this is all that it gots. That's it. Nothing more. No more, no less. The acting is decent to a certain point and the action just made me dizzy, man. A bunch of supposedly funny stuff didn't impress me with anything at all. What a shame and more than obvious a lose of time.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Scooby Doo, where are you?
26 August 2019
I just don't think Jeremy Cornell should take all the blame at full swing. He probably messed up the documentary, but it's still an enjoyable one with interesting & eye opening stuff. Therefore, I say that we should all take it easy and let this guy just do his job and we may probably see better documentaries from him in the near future. And speaking about the doc, it's a blast, imho, simply because it covers a subject which isn't that familiar to many and by putting it in front of the viewers, curiosity is awaken and some sort of trigger makes them wanna research this odd phenomena even more (at least, that's what it caused me to do :) ). Just watch it and see the good in everything .
Game Night (I) (2018)
Fight Club
25 August 2019
Quite good, I must confess. But it's a cheap comedy with cheap jokes, still. You can feel it in the dialogue, which is meant to provoke instant laugh with "funny words" that aren't that good, if you analyze the situation for a bit. We just got used to the commercial things and now we may seem to not even notice what's fake and what's not. Anyway, I kinda liked it, after all, although I wanted to kinda enjoy it. I think I'll skip watching movies with pretty faces for a while. For my own good xD.
The Hustle (2019)
Fake Remake
22 August 2019
I obviously thought that it would be a total ice breaker, but I was wrong. So wrong. Anne just plays her role, as usual, with no problem or hesitation and her "little" friend got the real problems. This female Wilson is bad at acting, I must say. She just makes you wanna scratch your eyes the whole time. I really mean the WHOLE time. Among all other talented actors, she was the "chosen" one. Well, because of that, I've just witnessed a total failure and I do not thank the movie crew for that.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pure comedy, straight to your face
21 August 2019
I really enjoyed it and it came to be a pretty good one. I was delighted and entertained by any funny scene possible and I bet you could'nt resist to laugh at them, too. It's simple & clean. It just brings the right jokes at the right times. Made my day, in a positive way.
Pretty lame
20 August 2019
Y'all diehard and hardcore fans of pokemons I think you got kinda disappointed about this one, didn't ya? Am I wrong? Tell me. #wannaknow All right, back at it. I love the plot, but the way it was put into action was somehow awful. All SF stuff and other blizz blizz things were perfect af. Somethig got "distorted" along the way into the making of this movie, can't be sure what (could be the main characters, the dialogue #whoknows) and I, at least, did not fully enjoyed it as I wanted and expected to. Pika, pika! *can't think of other words to describe it anymore
Cinderella (I) (2015)
The Yawn Machine
7 July 2019
Well, well. Where should I start? What should've become a major blockbuster, turned out to be a pretty big failure, in my humble opinion. I didn't "get it" and I didn't enjoy it, frankly. And as much thought I poured into it to better "digest" it, I just couldn't, simply because it all seemed so fake and I did not feel any fairy tale in all this children story. It almost felt like rubbish to a certain point to me. Don't judge, but I clearly say the truth. At least, let's leave it up to the kids to enjoy. I just guess grown ups like myself are a lit bit harder to please than these kiddos :).
Changeland (2019)
BoredomLand
5 July 2019
Well, I just wanted to give it a try only for the fact that I saw that "Home Alone" guy playing in it. But I should've just picked another summer related movie, because this particular one was mediocre as hell. The acting was poor and the way characters played was annoying as... I don't even know what degree of comparation to enumerate at this point. At least the presented scenery was stunning, although I expected it to be this way overall. But I guess that's all they got for us. Nothing good left.
The Commuter (I) (2018)
Day-Dreaming
2 July 2019
Thought-provoking, indeed. I like how the suspense and drama blend so nicely together. And I also appreciate how the message of it is being transmitted to the audience, in a "surreal" way, I must say. You may never know when an ordinary day may become an unordinary & extraordinary one. To me, it's simply fabulous and it definitely caught my attention since the beginning. And that old wolf who's playing the main character didn't lose his golden acting skills, either :).
The Professor (2018)
Super thoughtful
30 June 2019
You get so much meaning out of it. I can also say that you may also develop your reflexive mind after watching it, just because is thought provoking and seamlessly wonderful to view and enjoy. It's pleasant to see and good to share it with your friends or family. I warmly recommend it!
John... Snow
19 May 2019
Great movie, great actor, great action! Great, great, great! It has the ultimate lit fight scenes, although some of them are pretty lame. Hey, there's always room for improvement! Nothing is perfect, neither this movie. I just think the people who created it squeezed the best out of it and delivered it to us, for pure enjoyment. And they succeeded into doing that! This series is continuing to improve, chapter after chapter! And that's the beauty of it.
Clear the clutter, dude
8 May 2019
I agree with the other's comments saying that it lacks some things, like the need for a much prominent proof of the benefits we can gain out of minimalism. There's a lot of debate that can be generated from this topic and I don''t think there's any certain path that can guid you through a "minimalist life". In the end, you're the one who chooses how much you want to get rid of stuff and what, sort of, "level of minimalism" you want to achieve. I like the fact that it is thought provoking, at least, and that it sparks interest to people who are discontent about their life and who want to bring change to it, by trying this new hype called "minimalism", which seems to exponentially escalate in the century of cosumerism.
Skyscraper (2018)
Jump, The Rock, jump!
3 May 2019
It didn't impress me in any way. It's just another commercial movie, with just another --fancy-- plot and with just some well known movie stars. Only the visual effects and the action, by itself, can be appreciated. The rest sums up things we see in other action movies like shootings, chases, and so on. Gone are the days when movies had meaning. Now we just consume *blockbusters*.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Are you happy in this modern world?
3 March 2019
It's simply amazing. Wonderful little masterpiece. It has everything from drama to musical to romance. With Gaga's Holywood debut, I'm sure she'll do well also in other movies, if she'll ever want to perform again. She and Bradley are a perfect match in this movie and their songs are instant hits. It's hard for me to find anything bad about it, although it may be something that annoyed me: the mumbling of Cooper and his fellow manager or whoever he is. It is almost a perfect 10, in my view, kinda like a 9.5, but IMDb can't let us choose halves, so I'll stick with 9! :)
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bumblebee (2018)
Jack... Jaaack!
25 February 2019
High expectations lead to... big disappointments. That's the case of this movie. A lot of syrup for nothing. "Bumble The Bee" failed his task, although the movie ended on a happy note. Well, gotta get used to commercial things. Expect to see a major turnaround in the next Transformers movie.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Happiness (III) (2017)
Paradisio
20 February 2019
It's the most stunning short I've ever seen. Never thought that I would see something that would stalk with me for so long. Pretty much everyone I know has seen it. It's a marvelous little masterpiece that condences in a few minutes the "glorious" modern lifestyle of humankind. We've reached a point in time when we're so full hatred to one another, so depressed, so... unhappy. We can only imagine of a perfect society or so called utopia, but the current "state of the world" still has some work to do to change trajectory and find viable solutions for future generations to come.
Instant Fun
19 February 2019
Wow! Holy! It was so good. Didn't expect to be that way, but I'm glad I was wrong. I felt the adrenaline rush since the beginning. I got excited and that sensation/ feeling/ whatsoever stayed with me until the end. It promised a lot in the trailer and offered much more in the movie itself. It's hilarious and walks you through delirium, in a good way, till the last minutes. Go watch it! :)
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
"Make a choice"
18 February 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed this short. I saw the movie, and now, after watching the short, I recall the great, great, great performance of Leto in the film. Few actors catch my attention the way he does. Bravo! to him and I hope so see him play at his best in every movie he encounters to play in.
Mortal
18 February 2019
Of course it lacks some things, like any other movie does. It's not perfect and neither should be. It has to be appreciated for the work put into the making of it, for its quality, visual effects and story. The characters may not be that "delevoped", but at least they did a pretty decent job while acting, so there's nothing much to blame. It is good, overall, I should say.