Change Your Image
Upload An Image
Crop And Save
A. Poll 1-10
1. Tragic Movie Figures
2. Movie Plot Motivators
3. Scariest Scene from Non-horror Movies
4. Movie Closing Lines
5. Split Two Faces Movie Poster
6. What's Your Favorite Kind of Poll on IMDb?
7. Smart and Evil
8. Movie Stars in Music Videos
9. Envious Movie Characters
10. Face Off: Hogwarts vs Starfleet Academy vs Xavier’s School
B. Poll 11-20
11. Have Yourself A Scary Little Christmas
12. Best Movie Posters Featuring or Inspired by Famous Paintings
13. Meanwhile in A Parallel Universe
14. Stockholm Syndrome
15. Memorable Soundtracks from OK Movies
16. NO! Noo!! NoooOO!!!
17. Face-off: Keyser Soze vs John Doe
18. Best TV Shows Based on Movies
19. Most Badass Female Character from Game of Thrones
20. Saddest Animated Movie
C. Poll 21-30
21. Who Do You WISH to Die in Next Season of Game of Thrones?
22. Best Fictional City/Town/Village in A Movie
23. A Perfect Murder
24. Loneliest Movie Character
25. Face-off: Who Played Hannibal Lecter Best?
26. Best Fictional Secret Society / Group in A Movie
27. Obsession for Perfection
28. Best Neo-noir Movie
29. SHUT UP! And Take This Poll!
30. Choose Sam-one to Be Your Best Friend
D. Poll 31-40
31. Most Depressing/Disturbing Movie Ending
32. Buried Alive
33. 25 Most Memorable Birthday Scene in Movies
34. Make A Wish...
35. So This Is the Story of How I Died...
36. I Know That (Creepy) Smile
37. It Was All Just A Bad Dream. Or Was It?
38. The Name is Black
39. Media Manipulation/Exploitation
40. Pick the NOSE...
E. Poll 41-50
41. Choose Your FANDOM!
42. Choose Your FANDOM! Part 2
43. Movie Character Redemption
44. What Is the Best Order to Watch Star Wars Movie?
45. Face-off: Leia vs Padmé vs Rey
46. Best Music Video Inspired by Movie
47. Best Fictional Food and Beverage in A Movie
48. Similar First and Final Movie Shot
49. Best Fictional School/College in A Movie
50. Cheesy Movie Chat-Up Lines
F. Poll 51-60
51. You Mean, There Are Two of Them??
52. Game of Thrones' Game of Scales
53. Movie Geniuses
54. Meanest Movie Teacher
55. The Faded Stars
56. Scariest Looking Movie Creatures
57. Movie Clones
58. Movie Quotes that Best Describe the Shutting Down of IMDb's Message Board
59. Best Portrayed of Real-life Mob/Gangster
60. Hollywood Movies That Are Similar to Anime
F. Poll 61-
61. Horrible Movie Bosses
62. The Most Impossible Mission in Movies
63. Face-Off: Marvel's Super Chris
64. "Game of Thrones" Famous Last Words
65. "Game of Thrones" Killer's Last Words
66. Face-off: 1997 Science-fictional Musical Performance
My Another Poll Suggestions:
My Other Lists
1. The Mind-blowing Plot Twist in Movie
2. Movies with Ambiguous Ending
3. Court Drama
4. Business Movie
5. Cutest Non-animated Movie
6. Movies That Are Better in Second Viewing
7. Time Travel
8. Apocalyptic Movie
9. Dystopian Future Movie
10. Movie with the Best Ending
11. Inspirational Movie
12. Bizzare yet Beautiful Movies
ListsAn error has ocurred. Please try again
1. The movie is too complex, mind bending, that you have to watch it again to understand
2. You understand the movie, BUT in the second viewing you will see the movie in a different perfective after revealing all the hint you might miss in your first viewing, and you become even more appreciate and understand the movie.
3. The movie has random plot or with a great plot twist. Watching it again will re-order the pieces.
I always love this kind of movie, i'm so looking forward to the similiar ones.
Similiar list: Mind Blowing Plot Twist in Movie
Some of these movies i found pretty "ordinary", until the ending.. but some are just great from start to finnish
Similiar list: Movies that are better in second viewing
Perfect to watch 1 full season in a long night flight
Eerie, mysterious, stunning visual, captivating music. Severance gives an atmospheric, some bizzare moment. The loneliness and cold tone makes you feel trapped for the fear of the unknown. The overall concept are unsettling, yet soothingly calming.
Severance are another 1984' influenced sci-ci, with a touch of Black Mirror "Cookie" concept. It's about a company named Lumon, whose workers are voluntary (or maybe not) undergo a surgery called Severance procedure that will seperate the memories of their personal lives, and their works. The real self is called "outie" and the work self is called "innie". Now the outies will never know that they're doing at work, and the innies will never know the real identity of themselves, they only have memories of their jobs. Frankly, they're only born for work. The innies are brainwashed by the company to be a work machine, while the outies may never know that they may have enslaved a part of themselves. Until, of course, one day they collide.
A big shoutout to Ben Stiller! I only know him for a comedy roles and directing. He did a great job with Tropic Thunder, now he amazed me with this masterfully crafted cinematography. The actors are also gave a chilling performances, leading the audience from the submissive mood to the progress of revolution. The story are mostly slow paced but it is enthralling and sometimes it takes you on a psychedelic trip. I can't wait for season 2!
The Prestige (2006)
I always Use this Film for an Example of A Perfect Movie (Maybe Minor Spoiler)
Some reasons why:
1. The layer of the story ~ Watching the movie is like climbing up the stairs. The story goes step by step in climatic way. It's very interesting to watch and intriguing to wait what will happen next.
2. The development of the character ~ The most interesting part of the movie. This is the story about magicians Robert Angier and Alfred Borden that once were friends, and because of one fateful event, they became rivals and obsessed to beat and destroy each other. At first, maybe audience (in this case myself) will feel sympathy for Angeir's character, because he was the victim, and Borden was the villain that caused the death of Angier's wife. But as the story goes, and the characters develop, I don't root on him again, he showed more obsession than just revenge for his wife, his all motivation was just to beat Borden in whatever he did. And so is Borden. They both are flawed. I love how the rivalry goes darker and darker into their obsession. I change my support for the character many times, as they seem to top each other so many many times. But then i realized they're just perfectly equal. Just like Olivia said to Borden as she left him, just like the other people that just can't keep up their obsessive rivalry: "you deserve each other"
3. The plot ~ The movie starts with "near ending" scene, and then goes backward from the start to the "near ending" point at the beginning, and reveals the final twist in the end. Before that, the audiences may have guessed so many conclusions before knowing the real twists are. Yes, there are twist after twist! I love how it surprises me so many time. Excellent!
4. The casts ~ Christian Bale vs Hugh Jackman. And they're just a perfect match on this. All the rest of the casts also brilliantly played. The visual is beautiful and this is a well made movie.
5. The tragic message and shocking end ~ At the beginning of the movie, Angier and Borden reveal the secret the Chinese magician. How he sacrifices his whole life pretending to be frail in public to hide the goldfish bowl beneath his legs just to able to perform his magic trick.
This is like a teaser to the whole story. How far one can sacrifice for his obsession, his magic, for the prestige! The point of this movie is a great sacrifice. In the end, when they both confess each other's secret, i was contemplating when the movie ended. How far one can go for their obsession. It's quite disturbing to think about what they have done to their own life. It's the movie that will make you think after watching.
Seriously, if you still haven't watched it, you have to give it a try!
PS: Don't root to one character, some people I know hate this movie because the character they root for is lost in the end. Well, just like i said they're both flawed and lost great time in the end. Be objective and you can see this is a great masterpiece and the ending is just equal and fair.
This is sad..
I'm not a kid that grew up in Star Wars saga, I only hear the big "reputation" of The Star Wars Trilogy, of how amazing everything in the Original Trilogy and how disappointing the Prequel was. I don't really believe all the cruel critics about the PT, i mean how can the story of the same title with the same director can make such a huge difference. Right? Well I just have the opportunity to watch the whole things recently, I try to watch all the six episodes in 2 days. I watch the OT in the first day and the PT in the next day. And I must say i have a very different life experience on that 2 days.
My first day watching the OT was a very pleasant experience! I can imagine how amazed people back in the late 70's watching it for the first time. The movie has a solid story telling, great casts, strong character, and beautiful sets (i know it looks so nerd now, but back on that day, i can see how amazing it is). Watching the OT is like a fun ride that i wish never end. I didn't plan to watch the whole OT in one day, but i can't stop watching it. It was a great experience, like a warm nostalgic things that i never even had. I feel sorry i never had it earlier. It really made my day.
So I watched the PT in the next day. I really had no expectation whatsoever, i just try to make it as neutral as possible..
But it was hard
I can't believe what i saw. Where is the charm of the remaining Star Wars Trilogy. That was a piece of junk! (I really don't wanna say this). It has more beautiful visual that really doesn't lift up everything that lacked. Here are my problems for all the PT ep. I-III (since i think the worst is ep I, most of these are for the ep. I):
1. The Story telling.... So the first OT has a solid story, the movie knows where it wants to take the audiences, like and awesome trip with a good view. The PT (especially with ep. I) is like a blank! I don't know where it's going, it's like a pointless ride with a good visual distractions. What is it all about? well i can't bring myself to care. It was awesomely boring. I want to watch the whole thing, but I can't help fast forwarding it couple times, that's really frustrating.
2. The Characters.... I don't even care about the characters! I don't care what they do and what happen to them. What a terrible cast! Okay i'm not going to blame it all on the little kid, but i can't help to feel annoyed of the portrayed of the little Anakin Skywalker. Why don't they make a character a bit older, like 15 or something.*SPOILER* He will end up having a romance with Padme, i find it a bit odd that the little kid will get her pregnant in the ep III.*SPOILER ENDS* And I think it will be more fun if a maturer actor portrayed him, it is just too much for a little kid to handle the world's expectation. And why would they make the main character so unlikeable! (for the ep I-III). But the problem is with all the character, they don't seem to have a connection at all. And i really have no attachment to the character. It's contrary with the OT where i can really root on the protagonist and feel them.
3. Dialogue.... What the hell are they talking about??! Why can't hire a good script writer for a masterpiece. Why do we have to hear such a cheap, crappy talking. Why...?
4. The Romance (for ep II and III)... *SPOILER* While this is an important part for the plot, why can't they build a good story about it? At least make it "believeable". So Anakin had a forbidden love with Padme. I don't see any sense for the "forbidden" theme in here. Well in the end, Obi Wan knows about it, and what a big deal? there is no point at all. I can't feel any "what-so-called" romance in here, why do they even falling in love? I don't see them in love. The love story is like plastic, and i don't buy it! In the OT, there is also a romance between Han Solo and Leia. It doesn't have a big deal with the plot like in the PT, but it's just so well played, it's casual and sweet. The most important is, it's natural, audience can feel it. *SPOILER ENDS*
5. Jar Jar.... I don't want to comment on this
It left me shocked after watching the first PT. It's like a dream being crushed. I even feel like i'm not an appropriate audience for it, it's just like a kids movie. I have an uneasy day after watching it
I am so reluctant on seeing the next episode. But i manage to see it anyway.The ep II and III are better, but they're just far from the original standard. What have they done!
Now i even feel angry if i saw a good review for this, let-alone comparing this with the OT. It's like degrading a masterpiece for having the same title. I am soo sorry. I don't mean to be rude.
My suggestion if you're a newbie like me trying to watch Star Wars for the first time. Watch in this order: 4-5-6-3 (ep 3 is the only PT worth watching for this is the nearest thing to the OT, if you want to know a little information about the prequel). Nevermind the rest. You will thank me later.