Reviews

New Looney Tunes (2015– )
Doesn't quite hit the mark
22 July 2019
Big fan of the original Looney Tunes shorts and movies from when I was a kid. Really enjoyed the 2011-2014 Looney Tunes Show when I downloaded episodes for my kids. It's very good. Was hoping that it's successor show would be too. I feel it's not as good as what they were doing. It's trying to be like the originals a bit more I guess. But it's not really that great. I think they should have stuck with the 2011 formula. It's was new, exciting, witty and funny.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Looney Tunes Show (2011–2014)
The Best Looney Tunes
22 July 2019
I grew up on all the old one and I love them. I was so surprised at how good and hilarious this was when I downloaded a few episodes for my kids. Now have both seasons. Daddy is incredible. It's a good nod at the originals and a lot of fun for a new generation. I prefer this to the newer "The New Looney Tunes Show".
Marmaduke (2010)
The kids love it
22 June 2019
Rated this based on my kids reactions. They laughed so much and loved it so much that it was back on again the next day. Sure, I didn't love it myself but, I can't say it was bad. Fun watching with the kids. Recommended for family movie night.
A total mess.
14 May 2019
Incredibly disappointing, even for this Transformers fan. The worst film in the series to date. It is not a good film at all. And I don't blame the actors. It's all over the place, badly written story and even worse direction. 5 stars is extremely generous.

Advice, bypass this movie and watch Bumblebee instead, a much more enjoyable movie.
Bumblebee (2018)
Best Transformers movie
7 April 2019
I haven't hated the transformers movies, but I can't say any of them really satisfied me as a fan. Bumblebee changed that. It felt like a classic 80's Spielberg film. Would be great if they used this as a reboot instead of a prequel.
The Dirt (2019)
Maybe it's because I've always liked Crüe
27 March 2019
I've always liked Crüe and I've always loved reading about bands, knowing the story. I especially loved reading The Dirt. I could pick the movie apart I guess because I'm a fan, but it had so much ground to cover in a short space of time. Maybe it's because I'm a fan but, To be honest, I really enjoyed it. Loved seeing some of those stories I knew and had heard, portrayed in front of me on screen. I could easily have sat through another hour and a half more ( There obviously is material to do that). If you're a fan, I'd expect you to love it. If you're not a fan, I still think there's a good story here.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Noah (2014)
Hard to sit through. Still, a compelling story
1 March 2019
As stated many times by other reviewers, not the Noah & The Ark story from Genisis. Taken a lot of cues from it and made a fantasy story. Enjoyable? Yes. All actors did a more than fine job. Scenery and effects both fantastic. Story was good and kept me watching but, I can't say I'd watch it again. I did not hate this movie, I just can't say I would recommend it.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Surf's Up 2: WaveMania (2017 Video)
It's pretty poor.
11 January 2019
My three kids love Surf's Up. We bought this sequel for them and it wasn't such a hit. The youngest one is the only one who will watch it. She doesn't get it but she watches it. The first one is totally enjoyable even as an adult. This sequel is extremely poor. I can't sit through even 10 minutes of it myself. My suggestion; don't make eye contact and just keep walking by.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a twist... a stupid twist
10 January 2019
I was enjoying the movie somewhat up unto a point. I liked the inclusion of the first 2 movies into the plot and time jumps. But, it then got odd. It got kind of a little stupid. Why would you do that to John Connors character? That was ridiculous. The script is the one thing that ruined it all. Can't blame the actors. They did fine. Seen better and seen worse by far. How did this script get the green light!?

I have not hated a single terminator movie. The first 2 are brilliant and the best. I don't care a lot for the 3rd but, it's not a bad movie. The 4th was a pretty good and I've gobe back a few times to watch. But T Genisys is really a slap in the face to all the other movies by the end. What a let down. Sigh.
Hook (1991)
Slow start but, Great Movie
2 January 2019
Loved this when I was 13 and saw it at the theatres. All 3 of my kids love it. Have owned it on DVD for the last 10 years. It's a slow start and I do think they could have not drawn that out so much. So it loses maybe a point for that. Yet once you reach Never Neverland and Pirate Tow everything picks up and it's a great ride.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Aloha (I) (2015)
So disappointing
29 December 2018
A fan of most of Cameron Crowe's movies. But this was very much a disappointment. I advise to avoid.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Read the critic reviews, then saw the film
18 December 2018
I smiled through out almost the entire film. I was hoping to not see what some of the critics saw, the ones who did not rate the movie well. I enjoyed it emensley. I know it skipped through some periods of Queen and Freddie's life rather quickly - but that was fine, it's a 20 year story in 134 minutes. Have to leave somethings short. Great movie. I was never bored or disappointed.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bright (I) (2017)
Totally not what I expected
13 December 2018
I was a little lost at first, but ended up really enjoying the hybrid story of mythology and semi-modern day LA streets. Not for everyone, but i think it's a good movie.
Worst episode
23 November 2018
Been enjoying this show for the last 3 seasons. This episode was hard to watch. The scripting and direction was terrible
Pan (2015)
There's still a lot to like
8 November 2018
It's entertaining and it did keep me watching but, it had its fair share of moments that made me cringe, frown or sigh - Particularly the use of pop culture rock songs sung by the cast in oddly picked moments. I don't understand why all the masses of lost boys are singing Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit while watching the ship come into Neverland. It was awkwardly delivered and distracting from the moment.

Hugh Jackman was awesome and there's a lot to enjoy in the story itself. Plus the sets and overall look of the film is amazing.
Batman Ninja (2018)
Hard to watch
7 November 2018
This is really hard to sit through. The scripting and editing make it extremely choppy and disjointed. The story idea seems good, just feels very let down by the delivery.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Blinky Bill (2015)
A pretty poor movie
21 September 2018
Now I understand I'm watching this as an adult and not with a childlike mind or sense of wonderment but, my 5 year-old and 9 year-old kids were so bored they walked away. I watched to see what was happening and I have to say, I understand why they walked off. It is terrible. There are so many great kids movies and incredible animated features to watch, new and classic - this isn't one of them.

I remember feeling a little sad for my kids that I missed the theatrical release of this movie, for them. There was such a big ruckus about it, as if it was a milestone for Australian animated features. So I bought it for them when it became available. It has sat on the shelf for weeks now and no one is interested. And I don't care if they never play it again. A very mis-able movie.
Ocean's Eight (2018)
Tried not to compare to the previous Oceans
14 September 2018
It's hard to view this movie without comparing it to the previous installments in the Oceans franchise, which isn't fair to do because how could it stand up to the 2001 George Clooney lead Oceans Eleven. Even the two sequels didn't match it, they were great but, not as great. Oceans 8 is different. Obviously a different director who did a decent job; and a different cast that comes together fine - I guess that's how I feel about this movie, it's a decent and fine movie that has a familiar premise. Maybe I wouldn't have had such reservations upon viewing if it was it's own stand alone movie without Oceans in the title.
Minions (2015)
It's just great
7 September 2018
My kids love it. They've been watching this movie for a few years now and still love it. Laughing and rewinding parts. Every time it's on and I'm around I get sucked in and start watching too. The soundtrack is great and I honestly think it's hilarious. The best in the Despicable Me franchise, besides the original.
Highlander (1986)
Terrible but, Great
23 August 2018
Terrible effects. Some lousy acting. Great movie.

I love this movie. It's fantastic.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Robo-Dog (2015)
Kids loved it - Even if I didn't.
17 August 2018
I gave this a 6 Star rating not because I enjoyed it but, because my kids loved it. I chose it as a family movie, my 5 year-old and 10 year-old thought it was such a great adventure and very funny.

Hard to comment on the acting when it was obviously meant to be very over-the-top like a satire (that kids don't really pick up on I guess).

I honestly had to endure the movie. But I noted how much the kids loved it. So it obviously hit the target audience. It's no Disney or Dreamworks adventure but, it seems to work for them - although predictable and full of flaws.
Just made 7 Stars
16 August 2018
I just finished watching The first three XMen movies and followed with Wolverine.

There is a lot to like about this movie. They got Victor Creed so right. I much prefer this character portrayal than the one written for the original XMen movie. Hugh Jackman is also great in this - I don't think he's ever been bad as the character, he's just improved since the first movie. The story was great. Lots of great characters involved that we hadn't seen up to this point.

What they got wrong was Wade Wilson (aka Deadpool). Ryan Reynolds did a great job, it's just the portrayal was written so wrong. But, with the events of XMen: Days Of Future Past, this version of Deadpool can still stand in the old/original timeline. Anyway, glad they did a better version of Wade/Deadpool later. Also some of the CGI in this is a little hard to swallow. Logan's claws are drawn on way too much - especially for close up shots. They look like cartoons over live action (like Roger Rabbit).

So I liked the story and the movie as a whole but, it did seem to be edited strangely. Like a minute or 2 of some scenes were missing.

If you're an XMen fan then you will like this but, also be disappointed by some of the places they dropped the ball a little. Otherwise it is still a decent action sci-fi movie. It's probably the weakest of the XMen movies but still worth the watch.
X-Men (2000)
Rewatched after 16 years
16 August 2018
Decided to go back and start watching the XMen movies from the start. i will keep this short, i expected to not be impressed and to have found this to date poorly but, I still thought it was pretty good. I was never a reader of the comics but, I did watch the animated TV show as a young teen. I think they did great. Sabertooth would be the only character they wrote incorrectly - they wrote Sabertooth right in the XMen Origins: Wolverine but, this is a better movie. It's a solid movie in the franchise and I recommend it.
Watch the ULTIMATE EDITION
12 August 2018
I decided to rewatch this after giving it a 6/10. I watched the Ultimate Edition and I'm glad I did. Now it makes sense. It's long - but, it's so much better. Whoever edited it down should be held responsible for the bad ratings. This is a great movie. Please, watch the Ultimate Edition, which is what Zack Snyder intended you to see.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Honestly incredible.
12 August 2018
This is the greatest hero movie i have seen. What they did with the characters of The Joker, Batman and especially Harvey Dent is just amazing. What a fantastic story. Dark in the perfect way. I'm not sure why they replaced Katie Holmes in this movie (from Batman Begins) but, Maggie Gyllenhaal did a stellar job. Perhaps better than Miss Holmes did, who did fine herself. Now the first film, Batman Begins, was a great film, I loved it. Every moment. A great origin story for Batman. Yet, The Dark Knight still managed to knock it out of the park. Just a whole other level. I had to give this 10 Stars because I really enjoyed the whole ride, was in disbelief and once it was over, I couldn't pick it apart. I was going to give it 9 but, I couldn't think of a reason to Not give that last star. Was it a perfect movie? It sure as hell wasnt missing anything.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.