Reviews

1,102 Reviews
Rabid (2019)
Wow BAD with TONS of FAKE Good Reviews
14 November 2019
This is perhaps the WORST movie of 2019.

Thinly veiled re working of Cronenberg's GOOD Rabid. Surprised he didnt sue their ashes off if just because this is an abomination of film making.

Don't waste your time or believe the fake reviews here.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oh Boy
13 November 2019
A group of annoying entitled actor kids who can't act in the slightest awaken some witchy dead chick in a graveyard after a group watch their friend die. Then all hell breaks loose.

It's quite simply horrible. And a poorly directed mess with the most annoying music track ever
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sheer Garbage
12 November 2019
This is one horrible documentary. It's so poorly directed. And Friedkin comes across as a bit of a loon.

The director interviews have no cohesiveness at all. They are just edited in with no rhyme or reason.

I guess Friedkin was thrilled to have someone to a profile on him. And I'm sure he's also now in horror at what was completed.

It's really horrible. The best thing I can say is that at 83 he's looking good and seem s to have his looney wits about him.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Walking Dead: Bonds (2019)
Season 10, Episode 6
We Know Where THIS is Heading......
12 November 2019
Neagan is back so the show is a wee bit better. Just a wee cuz we already know where this is going. Not so hard to predict. Baldy is gonna fall for Neagan and then all hell will break loose and she will kill beardy.

But what did we learn in this episode? We learned that the show has taken a far left turn with real men being a dying breed and most of the guys turning into their own Beta boys, subservient to females.

Who write this crap? It would never happen in a real zombie Apocalypse. let's be honest.

So because there was largely a focus on the original characters and Neagan I've bumped the rating up two stars from the usual one star.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Surprisingly Good
11 November 2019
Well I'm fans of P&T so maybe I'm biased but I liked this movie. Penn is at his heaviest and looks really old with the dyed long hair. He looks so much better today.

Anyway in some weird way the whole thing works!
Whirlpool (1949)
A Very Slow Bore
11 November 2019
This movie is all talk and little action. It feels like the movies goes on and on for five hours when it's actually a rather short film.

The story has been done before too, and better.

Not a Film Noir either. More of a crime mystery drama.

Disappointing.
Wicked Woman (1953)
Surprisingly Engaging
11 November 2019
Not a traditional Film Noir. More a straight drama. That doesnt take away from the impact. It is a really nifty low budget picture that hooks you from frame one.

I wasn't expecting much, but I got a lot. It's a really good movie with a hot femme fatale with great feet and legs.

The action keeps moving at a nice pace as the story unfolds. until the very end. I would have given this an * rating but the dumb ending took a point away.
The Goblin (2017)
Perhaps the Worst Movie Ever Made
11 November 2019
The acting is non-existent. The story-line is stoopid times 12.

The good reviews here are clearly phony as is this trivia bit:

The cellar used in the film was actually part of the house that was in the film. Since it was in the South and uninhabited, it was filled with giant spiders. During the filming of many sequences, enormous spiders would propel down from the ceilings and crawl across the floors. Robert Levey II, the film's lead actor, has terrible arachnophobia and each time a tarantula dangled down towards him, the director would grab it by the web and run out so that he would not know about it. Robert did not see one spider during filming, but the crew saw dozens.

Tarantulas do not come down off the ceiling. No bif spiders to. What garbage.

This sucks.
Rattlesnake (2019)
Bore-a-Bore-a
10 November 2019
Emotionally troubled ethnic somehow gets mesmerized by phony self help guru Tony Roberts into using a never traveled road in the desert where there is no cell phone service so she can get a flat tire and her annoying brat kid can get bitten by a rattlesnake.

But was it just ANY rattlesnake?

I wish Netflix would save it's money and stop making really horrible, boring, poorly directed and written, unoriginal-original movies.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pushover (1954)
Is it Over Yet?
10 November 2019
This movie is so excruciatingly slow that it's nearly unwatchable.

Fred Mac is dressed like Bogart but he's no Bogart. He's the Flubber guy.

Plus you are praying for him to get pushed over already. The writing is really pathetic -- and BTW the movie is short! Can't imagine what it would be ike at 2 hours!

I just really never connected to this flick.
Little (I) (2019)
BIG Rip-off
9 November 2019
Let's be honest: this is the black version of Big that appropriates White culture movies and doesn't do it well.

Horribly written. Pandering garbage from the identity politic left. Filled with vapid dumb moronic characters that bare no resemblance to reality.

It's a formula movie that fails. It's rate PG-13 but is only appropriate for 5 year olds
Swamp Water (1941)
The Writing Brings it Down
9 November 2019
This is a really well made movie with good acting but the story is idiotic.

The script is pedestrian. It really ruins the rest of the film
Yet Another Cheaply Made Bad Netflix Movie
8 November 2019
Film tries to balance a bunch of elements but never succeeds. The special effects truly suck. Really.

The entire thing is on par with a really a C level TV movie. Think ABC in the 1970's.

The action scenes barely have any drama. It's directed as if by an amateur who should never made another movie. The key to knowing this is gonna be bad is the main character is named Cleopatra.

The only thing of interest was the unsafe Philly SEPTA system -- if that was really filmed there. Phillly is an S-hole. Like this movie.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not a Keeper
8 November 2019
I liked the 1950's Japanese vibe for sure. The technicolor pops. Some pretty darn good actors in this too.

Unfortunately the story sort of bored me. It was a very slow exposition that saw me mentally checking out early on.

Disappointed.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
David Bowie: Finding Fame (2019 TV Movie)
Surprisingly Bad Doc from Showtime of All Places
7 November 2019
Wow this is a horrible documentary.

It's a shock that this was aired on Showtime in that it's really like one of those schlock docs that have no insight and interviews with very far removed associates pretending they knew Bowie.

Huge disappointment.
Caught (1949)
Wow. Bad
7 November 2019
This is one boring horribly written movie. How it's getting a 7 rating must speak to the brain dead viewers who don't know good movies from bad.
Red Light (1949)
Cripes! Who ISN'T in this Flick?
7 November 2019
It's not a film noir. Just a crime drama.

It's also not all that great, but man there is a cast of character actor thousands!

George Raft Virginia Mayo Raymond "Perry Mason Ironsided Bear" Burr Harry "M*A*S*H Morgan Ken Murray William "I Lub Lucy" Frawley

Unfortunately this story is rather hokey and poorly written.

It's not believable and it's sort of trite and silly.
Phantom Lady (1944)
Swiss Miss Six Years Late
6 November 2019
Early on in this 1944 movie while in a NYC taxi a marquee is past showing the Laurel and Hardy movie, Swiss Miss, which actually came out in 1938!

Film noir film that is completely implausible, as is the male star's stated age of 29 (he looks 40)!

I'm really surprised at all the good reviews for this flick, as the story is not particularly good, nor is it all that original. It's filed with holes.

And BTW why did everyone in the movies smoke like a chimney? Even into the 70's they were all lighting up. You gotta wonder if tobacco really causes heart disease and cancer since so many of these actors lived into their 80's and 90's!

I simply love the bar tender who dusts the bars and cash register with a dirty rag and then wipes it all over his face. What was that all about?

A feature player in this flick is Aurora Miranda who was the sister of Carmen Miranda. She's way hotter -- WAY HOTTER -- than Carmen.

The flick was made before they tore down the 6th Avenue el train in Manhattan.

Nothing in this movie makes sense. It's simply not plausible in any way shape or form. There's actually a scene where a guy runs out in traffic -- you don't see him get him -- you just hear the car screeching and then his hat gets thrown to the curb!!! Funny stuff.
Silly Jazzy Moral Play
5 November 2019
First the mistake: Early on there's a guy named Joe playing a worn bongo. Someone yells -- "Speed it up Joe" and suddenly the bongo he's using is brand new!

Anyway, this is a silly moral play that doesn't cut it for me. Maybe it's just too dated. But it's clear this is just another Hollywood leftist message movie. The woman was guilty. Hence, her sentence was just. Case closed.

After a short while that jazzy bongo music will get on your nerves.

I never connected with this flick. It was too loud and rather boring
The Gay Amigo (1949)
No Joker
5 November 2019
This movie was contained in a Roku app of Cesar Romero movies. He's not even in it and I don't know how they made that mistake.

So on to the movie -- this is pretty typical of B and C westerns of the time. It's not especially good or bad.

The music is over powering however and doesnt quite match the scenes.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Walking Dead: What It Always Is (2019)
Season 10, Episode 5
Where Do You get Paid to Write the Good Reviews?
5 November 2019
Let's be honest, TWD is no where near as good as it's first few seasons. Today, it suffers, episode after episode, of lethargy and boring sub-plots.

Like weren't you wishing the deaf guy got eaten? And weren't wishing even more that the Asian chick could act?

Didn't you wish the entire Neagn thing didn't happen? It was absurdly dumb.

So we're left wondering where do you get paid if you write one of these glowing reviews? Where?
12 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Decent Crime Film Noir
4 November 2019
As is the case with so many f these films rom the 40's and 50's, the sub plots involving love trysts/issues bring down the movie. I suspect they were added to get a female in the film.

Too bad.

Alan Ladd, who is the star is actually a weak link. Robinson is good as the gangster.

Over all tho, despite some glaring plot holes (like a guy tells you he's gonna kill you when YOU have the gun and you let him go?) it's a pretty good flick.
Blackie Who?
4 November 2019
I never heard of Boston Blackie but there was a Roku channel devoted to him so I figured why not give it a try?

This is the first I've streamed so far.

The quality leaves a lot to be desired -- I believe that's do to the bandwidth of the print which must be low cuz it digitizes a lot.

But that not withstanding, this is a surprisingly good film. Snappy dialog and it keeps moving forward at a really nice pace.

The story line is a little hokey but who cares?
Good Boys (II) (2019)
Quite Simply Terrible
3 November 2019
If watching 12 year olds act like adults, swear like sailors and talk about sex and drugs for an hour and a half is your bag, then this is a movie for you.

I find it offensive and moronic.

Poorly written and even more poorly directed. Not funny in the slightest.

The dumbing down of America is complete.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Do Not Believe the Reviews
3 November 2019
Man, The quality of movies have gone down hill This flick got great reviews only it looks like a cheaply produced Netflix piece of garbage. What has happened America?
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.