Reviews

Ready or Not (I) (2019)
Ready or Not feels like a collaberation of Quentin Tarantino and M. Night Shyamalan
22 August 2019
Think of a board game you get real into it, that is what Ready or Not kind of feels like. New Bride to be(Samara Weaving) feels like she does not fit in with the grooms rich family, on her wedding night is asked to play a game of hide and seek, what she believes is fun, turns into a night of getting out alive, when she realizes that the grooms family intends on hunting her down.

This is not just a horror film, but very darkly humorous also. Samara Weaving(who is the niece of actor Hugo Weaving) really plays her part very well, you root for her all the way. All the characters are pretty good, you can see the actors all are having fun making this. But the other main stand out is Adam Brody, who plays the grooms brother, he plays his part with such conflict very well, you just really see it in his character. It feels like interesting story telling by Quentin Tarantino and M. Night Shyamalan, and an ending you'll talk about for a while.
2 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sextuplets (2019)
Fails in comparison to the The Klumps
21 August 2019
The film had a good premise, a man(Marlon Wayans) who is going to be a first time dad, discovers he has another family he's never met, and soon sets out to find them, but will it be worth his while.

I think Marlon Wayans is a very talented comedic actor, but doesn't really sell the idea when he plays all six sibs, feels more like a badly written In Living Color sketch. Unlike Eddie Murphy in The Nutty Professor(1996), when he a bunch of the characters in that film, he gave you idea they where all different in there own, but I didn't quite get that with Marlon Wayans, but I do give him effort for trying. The other problem is every joke feels very dragged out to the point where it stops being funny. Really nothing more to say here, but Naked was more memorable.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good Boys (II) (2019)
Stand by Me meets Superbad
19 August 2019
Figured I would go in this movie with low expectations, I thought was going to leave this film feeling the same I felt about Role Models(2008). And has I sat through this movie I found myself very entertained by it, the film proved to be an enjoyable misadventure after another. It never goes to overboard with the raunchiness, I believe it was cause the boys age, and the foul mouth dialogue said by boys in the movie has a funny realism to it unlike Role Models which was intent on shock value.

The boys make you forget there child actors and they feel real friends, and at no point they never come across has annoying, you simply enjoy and root for them all the way. Never takes itself too seriously at any point. It is simply a funny raunchy tale about coming of age. But I must say if you are easily offended, you should avoid this.
10 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
BH90210 (2019– )
Not at all what I was expecting
9 August 2019
I used to watch Beverly Hills 90210 when I was teenager in the early 90's, cause they where the cool kids I wanted to be, but lost interest when they grew up, and brought in new characters. And watched very little of 90210(2008-2013).

Now when I heard about this, I was a bit curious to see what there are gonna do with the original characters from the show, but then read up the actors from the original show going to Vegas for a reunion convention, so I thought that this is one of those reunion shows instead of a reboot, but has I started watching this I realized it's both and at the same time it's neither. Jason Priestly, Shannon Doherty, Ian Ziering, Jenna Garth, Brian Austin Green, Tori Spelling, and Gabrielle Carteris play humorous versions of themselves, and do it quiet well.

I hope it keeps better has it goes on.
7 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Johnson and Statham
8 August 2019
I think you could go into this film not seeing the last two Fast and the furious films, which it featured Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham, cause this spinoff stands on it's own. Hobbs(Dwayne Johnson) and Shaw(Jason Statham) are forced to team up for an assignment, against there better judgement, will they put there difference aside?

Johnson and Statham have a funny unlikely duo like we used to see in action films from the 80's, 48hrs(1982), Lethal Weapon(1986), and Tango and Cash(1989) to name a few. Vanessa Kirby really shines in her own way, and never gets overshadowed by Johnson and Statham. But Idris Elba chews up the film when ever he's on camera, such a good villain, has a menacing presence, but he's so enjoyable watchable to point where you end up rooting for him instead. It's an entertaining action film, never tries to be anything more.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An awesome look at Hollywood in 1969
30 July 2019
Set in Hollywood in 1969, once great star Rick Dalton(Leonardo DiCaprio) feels he is now has been, cause good roles are not coming his way, stuck doing minor roles in TV shows, his comfort is his stunt double and good friend Cliff Booth(Brad Pitt), who sticks by him through out, but in Hollywood not everything is all glamour.

Quentin Tarantino has done it again, with his incredible directing and storytelling, and the way he makes the scenery of 1969 become a character itself. Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert Redford really have a good Paul Newman and Robert Redford like chemistry to there characters, you instantly buy there history and friendship. Margot Robbie does shine as Sharon Tate, even though she has little bit to do, she comes through when she comes on screen. If you are expecting this film to be accurate of how certain events took place in that decade, you gotta to know that Tarantino likes to play fast and loose with that, and I'm glad cause it kept me on the edge of my seat. Nicohlas Hammond(The Sound of Music, Spider-Man) does chew up the scenery in a cameo has director Sam Wannamaker. R.I.P. Luke Perry who also makes a cameo. My only complaint is there a sub plot about Brad Pitts character, that never really gets answered, maybe that was the point, but that is minor. I still liked it, it's a great homage to Hollywood in 1969.
27 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sandler and Aniston together again
29 July 2019
A cop(Adam Sandler) and his hair dressing wife(Jennifer Aniston) to a trip to Rome in hopes to save there marriage, soon get invited on a rich guys yacht, but this vacation soon turns into a nightmare, when the couple gets framed for murder and goes on the run. Will they figure it out, before it's too late?

It's nice to see Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston act together again, they both are a perfect on screen couple. The town Rome is a nice setting, also a nice satire of those Agatha Christie mystery novels. The laughs are miner, no real laugh out moments, still a fun way to spend two hours.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stuber (2019)
a fun unlikely duo
23 July 2019
If you think this movie is gonna be one way, you'd be wrong, the movie itself is not your typical action buddy comedy, I mean there is some comedy in it, but other times it can be gritty and unhinging that makes it hard to sit through sometimes.

David Bautista plays his role pretty straight, and when the moment comes for it he throws in some laughs. But Kumail Nanjiani does bring more funny to his performance, he just handle every funny line with no problem, and he and Bautista have a funny odd couple like chemistry. Action are well done, and the bad guys are pretty menacing. Is it a great film, well no, but it never tries to be great, just an entertaining film.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Lion King (2019)
I'm glad I saw this
22 July 2019
I'll be honest, never really saw the animated film which came out in 1994. But decided to give this one a look, and boy am I glad I did. Really enjoyed the scenes with Simba and Mufasa, great bonding between father and son.

Scenes with the animals are great, so was the voice acting, namely James Earl and Seth Rogen to name a few. And also very well directed by Jon Favreau, who also directed The Jungle Book. If you loved the original 1994 film, then give this film a look, you might like it.
4 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not something I'd sit through again.
15 July 2019
About almost the same feelings I had towards Homecoming, like it but didn't love it. The movie fails to me to be it's own thing, it constantly keeps reminding the audience that it is in the marvel universe, to the point it started to get very annoying. I mean other marvel films have done that, but this one takes it farther, left me uninterested.

Black Panther and Dr. Strange both are in that universe, but at the same time managed to stand on there own has films. The effects are enjoyable , and Tom Holland does bring his awkward charm to this, but Zendaya looks really bored being here, and her sort of romance with Holland comes together feeling very forced, and very unconvincing, I was more convinced by Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone in The Amazing Spider Man(2012). But Jake Gyllenhaal and Samuel L. Jackson are pretty good in there roles. But not something I'd want to keep sitting through.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Toy Story 4 (2019)
The gangs all here
26 June 2019
I was surprised by this 4th installment, the way Toy Story 3 ended I felt it was a great conclussion. But somebody felt there where more stories to tell. But I'm glad they did, cause I really enjoyed this one, has good has the first three. A great story to tell, and the animation is even greater.

Tom Hanks and Tim Allen really get back has the voices of Buzz and Woody perfectly, has well the other gang. Keanu Reeves steals most of the movie has the voice of the daredevil toy Duke Caboom. I also like the way it never really ends the way you think it will. Just a fun adventure for the whole family. The way it ended it didn't leave much open for another Toy Story film, but if they do I might check it out.
80 out of 150 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
4th time not quite the charm.
20 June 2019
I understand they where trying to go in a different direction with the series, trying to focus on different characters. I did like Men In Black 1-3. Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones had a great odd couple like chemistry, has well having good alien like effects.

Now Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thomson has great chemistry in Thor : Ragnarok, but here it feels a little forced, like they are trying to duplicate it, but I can see how much they where trying. Chris Hemsworth is oftenly good at being humorous, but here when he does it feels like he keeps missing the mark every time. Tessa Thomson who I liked here but was giving very little for her do. And Liam Neeson looks out of place here. Now the effects are the only thing good here, pretty much the reason I'm not going any lower.
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Everything you would love in a Godzilla movie
17 June 2019
The film is a guilty pleasure for people who loves movies that have monsters fighting, then this movie is for you. If you loved the first Godzilla. Godzilla and the monsters due become there own characters, and the effects are done well, so are the battle scenes between the monsters.

The only problem there are other characters that are introduced and go nowhere, like the screenwriter did not know what do with them, won't tell you who they are, you will know them when you see them. But Ken Watanabe is good, so was Kyle Chandler and Vera Farmiga, they can't help but be good, and Bradley Whitford has some good moments. But the real watchable one here is Millie Bobby Brown, the producers knew about here popularity from Stranger Things, and knew how to build on that.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dark Phoenix (2019)
Okay, but I still wished it ended with Days of Future Past
13 June 2019
Am I saying Dark Phoenix is terrible, well no, but it's not great either, it's just okay. But that is how I feel about most of the X-Men films and even the ones that most critics called terrible, sure you all remember X-MEN : The Last Stand(2006), I actually liked that one.

Now i'm gonna say Sophie Turner really gives it her all has Jean Grey, you really hate what she is going through. But James McAvoy as Charles Xavier this time seems phoned in, he's just really sleepwalking through this, his acting gives me the impression that he doesn't want to be here. Michael Fassbender does alright what he is giving. And so does everybody else. The problem is that it's set 1992, and McAvoy and Fassbender look like they haven't aged a day since First Class(2011), I'm willing to suspend a series of disbelief, but that's pushing it. But when the effects come there awesome, and action scenes don't disapoint either. But not something I would keep siting through again.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brightburn (2019)
The Omen meets Smallville
29 May 2019
Do you ever want to see an origin of a super villain, well Brightburn is that movie for you, a what if Superman didn't become the hero instead a superpowered bad guy.

Jackson A. Dunn who plays Brandon, the 12 year old evil superman, has you creeped out, he has incredible acting ability at his young age. Elizabeth Banks is also great has Brandon's adopted mother, she ha a stubbornness that is believable, no mother wants to believe that there child is doing evil things. Effects are great, so are some great horror jump scares, and violent kills that will enough to make you cringe. If you are into that then Brightburn is that movie for you.

And during the end credits it throws out hints that there might be more sequels to come, I sure hope so, I would to see this story expand more.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Aladdin (2019)
Will Smith steals it, once he comes in the picture.
27 May 2019
I can't really comment on the original animated Disney film Aladdin(1992), in which the genie was voiced by the late great Robin Williams. Now Will Smith is no Robin Williams, but does bring his own comedic charm to the role.

Will Smith does steal the film every time he's on camera, not that Mena Massoud who plays Aladdin, and Naomi Scott who plays The Princess do get there moments also, and have very good chemistry when they are on film together. A fun magical ride for the whole family to enjoy.
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A lot of action, and little time to breath.
21 May 2019
You thought the last two John Wick films where intense, then you need to see Chapter 3, cause the action almost never stops. takes place where the last film left off, and does it quite well.

John Wick(Keanu Reeves) once considered a legendary hired killer is now on the run for his life, in hopes to end the hunt for his head, John must go to a hire power, but will make it, or will his luck run out?

If you think it will end here, well no, It ends living it open for a 4th film, like another to be continued. Keanu Reeves is always good has John Wick, who want's to live in peace, but can never escape his past. Halle Berry is also good in her cameo, so was Laurence Fishburne. Also has awesome shoot out, and fight scenes.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wine Country (2019)
Sideways(2004) it is not.
20 May 2019
A group of old friends who are in there mid to late 40's, come to together to celebrate a friend turning 50 by taking a trip to wine country, but will it be a trip worth taking?

I often like raunchy female comedies, like Bridesmaid(2011) and Rough Night(2017) yes I did like that one also. There was an attempt to make one here, but it misses the boat completely. Not that the ladies here don't have chemistry, they clearly do. The humor comes across too awkward to the point I was asking myself was that supposed to be funny. Situations go nowhere fast, this movie may have been scripted but it feels like it's making it self up has it goes on. And when moments it tries to balance the funny and dramatic elements together, it does not do it very well, unlike Sideways(2004). I think these ladies are good at scripted humor, because it's clear when they improvise it does not work.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Quite a fun time
13 May 2019
I've never been a Pokémon fan, but this movie doesn't make any more of a fan of it, although I really did enjoy it. Comes across kid friendly with some adult moments in it. Effects are beyond terrific.

I don't want to tell you too much about this, cause I don't want to give too much away. But everybody plays it pretty well, Ryan Reynolds is perfect has the voice of Pikachu, and Justice Smith plays off the CGI Pikachu quite well. The story line keeps the film going to the point it never gets boring. Any Pokémon fans will find this a guilty pleasure.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Intruder (I) (2019)
Dennis Quaid is effectivly scary
8 May 2019
A young successful married couple (Michael Ealy and Megyn Good) moves in a new house, the original owner named Charlie Peck(Dennis Quaid) offers it too them for a good price. And just when they seem to be settling in, Charlie keeps popping up and helping around the house, and they start to wonder is there more to Charlie that meets the eye?

This movie is not original, and it goes in directions you would expect a movie like this to good. But it still was entertaining, has one twist you won't see coming a mile away. In some parts you don't know who to root for, it throws in a few directions. Michael Ealy and Megyn Good are quite effective has the young couple, but it's Dennis Quaid's creepy performance is what really takes the movie, you just see the madness in his eyes, he really has you believe that he really is insane. Has a few good jump scares, so if you are into that, then give The Intruder a look.
13 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The one we have been waiting for.
29 April 2019
After the events from Infinity War, for those who survived life has not been easy, but make the best of what they can, until Ant Man comes in the picture, has the equipment to time travel, so they all make a plan to go back in time and get the stones before Thanos does, but the question is will they succeed?

The best of all marvel movies, everybody gives a great performance, in my opinion nobody really stands out. It's a three hour film, but sure doesn't feel like it, so well paced. Effects are excellent, also don't disappoint. For all Marvel fans, please don't miss this.
121 out of 228 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Breakthrough (I) (2019)
Believe in the power of prayer
24 April 2019
Another true story that shows what the power of faith can do. I mean never giving up when everybody else says it's over.

In January 2015, John Smith a 14 year old who falls through ice and his under the water for 15 minutes, when he's is pulled to the surface and believed to have drowned, until he gains a pulse in the hospital, but are the chances still against him.

Everybody gives a real good performance, makes you forget it's a movie and feels like real life, cause this is a true story. My heart goes out to John for surviving , and Johns family for never giving up on there faith.
8 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Little (I) (2019)
A sort of sequel to Big(1988)
20 April 2019
We'll it kind of feels like it, but it's not quite has memorable has Big, but it is watchable, and a good way to get through a boring two hours. Now there some moments that where pretty funny, other moments where trying to be too sitcomish, to the point where it seems like it was trying way to hard.

Jordan(Regina Hall) a boss from hell, wakes up one morning to discover she is transformed into her 13 year old self(Marsai Martin), her assistant(Issa Rae) comes to help and help figure out how to undue this before time runs out.

Hall and Rae are pretty good in there roles, but it's Marsai Martin that really steals the show, she has an acting ability that defines her years. Playing a 38 year old woman trapped in the body of 13 year old really had me convinced. It's not a masterpiece like Big, but still an entertaining film.
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hellboy (2019)
Not terrible, although I miss Ron Perlman.
15 April 2019
I really liked Hellboy(2004), and Ron Perlman gave sarcastic heartwarming charm to the character, I sort of like Hellboy 2(2008). Was really hoping for a part 3, but that didn't happen. So we got a reboot instead, and how does it hold up?

It's alright, I mean nothing I want to keep watching over again, but it does have fun humorous horror like feel to it, like the 2004 film, but this version goes even darker, it's got Evil Dead like violence. But is there a plot, well kind of, it's all over the place. David Harbour is pretty good has Hellboy, even though a few times I was missing Ron Perlman, and felt Harbour was Perlman for some scenes. If you don't like intense violence then you should avoid this.
10 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shazam! (2019)
Shazam is the word
14 April 2019
For years I was wondering will the DC comics character known has Shazam will ever be brought to the big screen, and now it's finally here, and was it worth the wait, yes it was.

Billy Batson(Asher Angel) a 14 year old runaway trying to find his long lost mother, is placed with a foster family, one day saves his foster brother from bullies, is chased to the subway, suddenly finds himself in the company of an ancient god known has Shazam, he chooses Billy to carry his power every time he says Shazam, he becomes a superhuman(Zachery Levi) with the powers of a god, but Billy begins to have fun with it. But will Billy discover what it truly means to be a hero?

A pretty good DC film, Zachery Levi really plays the part of a kid in a superhero adult body perfectly, though there are some scenes he overdoes it a bit. Mark Strong is also good has the main villain. Effects are good also, and some of the kid actors do well too. I would like to see more Shazam movies in the future.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.