Reviews

Not as good as the book
4 September 2014
I was looking forward to see the preview of this movie. I read the novel in a hurry before and it made me anxious to see the movie.

I still liked it and the actors were great, but the story did not live up to the novel.

In all I consider it a feel-good movie, worthwhile seeing it. Helen Mirren offered a great performance, as the other actors fit in well.

To summarize. the movie was entertaining, funny and brought two different worlds and cultures together.

I enjoyed the movie and did not think that it was too long, but I liked the novel and the ending of it better.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mamma Gógó (2010)
so true,
4 September 2014
This movie is so true showing the heartbreaking side of family members suffering from Alzheimers. Anybody who has no been in the same situation cannot relate to it how it destroys the family rather than the person suffering Alzheimers.

Worthwhile for anybody watching this movie who has a similar situation. You are not alone, as sad as it is.

The Alzheimers sufferers are even trickier and sometimes mean to their family, more as shown in this movie. It is a sad path of life. I can relate to this story or subject from own experience and I feel for the producer and his family.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.