Reviews

1,267 Reviews
Better Call Saul: Piñata (2018)
Season 4, Episode 6
Entertaining and involving
19 August 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

"Piñata", a 6th episode of season 4 was involving and entertaining. It didn't movie story much further, yet all things considering the story itself is moving to the end here and the beginning of were we first saw it. And all i can say is that the road to it is really involving and entertaining.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A very skillfully done movie
15 August 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

While the outcome of "The Highwaymen" (2019) shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, what did surprise me was of how superbly skillfully this movie was made. It has terrific sets, great cinematography, very solid directing and acting. The movie kinda delivers you to the place and time.

Overall, "The Highwaymen" runs at around 2 h 10 min. but i was never bored and the movie was very involving despite the well know outcome. This is superbly made picture.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ray Donovan: Pudge (2018)
Season 6, Episode 4
Great season so far, better then previous one
14 August 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

And just like that, with "Pudge", 4 th episode this season is already much better then previous, the weakest one. Surely they still need to end Mickey's story line ASAP, don't get me wrong, i loved everything about it but if will get out off this again, sorry its just not realistic to say the least. But other then that, this episode was the best in this season so far and reminded me of why i felt in love with this show from its pilot back in the day it aired - great and involving storylines, amazing acting and directing as well as script - this episode and as whole this season delivered just that.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A worst game in the series
12 August 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

The only reason i played this game in 2019 was that i received it for free along with "Odyssey". Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (2012) was a very poor game. I finished it, but i couldn't skip this mess anytime and would have saved some time and brain cells. This game has a worst mechanics in the entire franchise, and playing it for me was clear that this game had a very small budget - this is why it felt rushed, unfinished, full of bugs and etc.

Overall - do not bother with this poor game. Its the worst in the series by far.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Orange Is the New Black: Finger in the Dyke (2015)
Season 3, Episode 4
Pretty interesting
11 August 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

4th episode of season 3 was a pretty interesting, funny and involving. We saw some interesting background of one of the inmates and plot moved a bit as well, although this show is not about plot as much as about characters and dialog. All in all - i liked this episode more then a previous one, and will be looking forward to see some more.
Disappointing
11 August 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

To quickly sum it up - i was disappointed by "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" (2019). It is obvious that this movie was made on the heels of "It" and "Stranger Things" success. I didn't watch any trailers, nor even read synopsis before going to this movie, so i wasn't excepting anything. But i can say, without going into plot details and spoiling anything, that this movie is like the ones you already saw many times. Plot, story, characters, situations weren't even slight original. Does this make it a bad movie? No. And this movie isn't bad one, but for me it wasn't scary a bit and felt very familiar and highly predictable. When the character is being chased by a big CGI monster - this is not a good sign for a scary horror movie.

Overall, "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" was a disappointing horror flick for me. Its the one you can safely watch at home on some boring evening and will say "ahh it was OK flick, but nothing more". Thank you, but for me its disappointing.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better Call Saul: Talk (2018)
Season 4, Episode 4
OK episode, but not the best this season
7 August 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

4th episode "Talk" wasn't the best this season, maybe even weakest one, but its still has all the best values this show has: great acting, directing, cinematography, writing. It did moved a story forward, but just a very very bit.

Overall, with 4 episodes over in this season 4, i do look forward to see how it will evolve.
Big, dumb and entertaining
6 August 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

"Hobbs & Shaw" (2019) is the kind of a movie you will enjoy if you know what to expect from it. And what you need to expect from this movie is a very usual plot about stopping a villain who has a plans for a deadly virus which can destroy the whole bla bla bla and etc - you saw this plot many times before. What this movie delivers is a fun and entertaining fun - dialog were funny, there are plenty of funny cameos along the way and action sequences were great. That is it. That all you need from this kind of flick, and this is exactly what "Hobbs & Shaw" delivers and does this entertainingly.

Overall, i was pleasantly surprised, of how i enjoyed this big, dumb summer action flick.
7 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beautiful animation
1 August 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

"Song of the Sea" (2014) is not your typical straightforward animation for kids. This is a beautifully done animated movie based heavily on a Irish mythology, but that is all i can say about the story - i do not know it. But the movie was beautiful and while it dragged a bit that was mostly because i wasn't prepared for a story, heavily based on traditional story. The ending was emotional, and done in a beautiful way.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ray Donovan: Staten Island: Part 2 (2018)
Season 6, Episode 2
Season goes into interesting route
30 July 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

Second episode of "Ray Donovan" season 6 already felt like an improvement over a weak previous season. Yet its not without its weaknesses as well. Good things about this season are involving writing and very good acting - those are usual qualities of this show. But what distracted me during these two episodes were truly impossible things that happened here - its all in the details, and without getting into spoilers i will just mention a few like how did they got out of the hospital and etc. But those are minor complaints. As a one who watches this show from its pilot when its aired, i still looking forward for next episodes of a season which feels like a very soft reboot here.
Amazing characters
29 July 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

The last episodes i saw of this show before coming back for season 3 just now in July of 2019 was season 2 last episode - but it was almost 3 years ago, This is how long it took me to come back to it. Why? There were other things to do and other shows to see, but right now as this show has ended with season 7, i've decided to give it another try and to continue to watch it. Its not that i did not like this show before - i really did. And what is most surprising now after seeing its continuation after almost 3 years is that these characters are written and acted so amazingly that it felt almost like i watched it yesterday. And this is what carrier this show for me - amazing characters and involving writing so far.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better Call Saul: Breathe (2018)
Season 4, Episode 2
A very involving series
27 July 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

"Better Call Saul" has to be an example of how to create an involving series. You have to have great writing, good directing and good actors. But to mix it all together in a way that viewers would be involved almost in very scene is a thing of masters. And i think creators of this show are such masters. All in all, "Breathe", 2nd episode of season 4 was involving, intriguing and superbly made. Watching "Better Call Saul" 46 or so min. runs like a wind.
Great characters study movie
26 July 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

In "Leave No Trace" (2018) we see a great study of two characters. First of all, "Leave No Trace" is a character study movie, a very, very good one and more. They are both very different, although they kinda look similar, but i won't go into spoilers here. What i loved about this movie, which as i read is based on a novel, which itself was based on real story, were superb directing, very nuances writing and mesmerizing performances by both leads, especially by a Thomasin McKenzie. She is character which we kinda don't even see as a formed yet and this period of life and circumstances are shaping here future.

Overall, "Leave No Trace" kinda left me very pleasantly surprised of how not by a book this movie was. We do not see places, people this movie shows in a mainstream cinema. This movie is not for everyone, possibly, but if you like slow but powerful character study dramas, you shouldn't miss this movie by any chance.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
House of Cards: Chapter 73 (2018)
Season 6, Episode 8
Don't know what to think about it really...
24 July 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

If the whole story wouldn't have derailed Kevins carrier and he would still be in this last season, witouth a doubt the whole story would have been different. I doubt we would have had this kind of finalle. What i did liked about this episode was great directing, acting, and involving writting. What i disliked was kinda poor story and ending that left me with "...mehhh is that it?". Its not that i expected more - its that i don't think that previous seasons actually lead to this. It was very artificial.

Overall, they should have just stopped with last season, and didn't made a new one withouth its main star. This last season wasn't as bad as rating here suggests, but its a very fogetable one and with a quirky ending.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
House of Cards: Chapter 71 (2018)
Season 6, Episode 6
A very good season so far, to my surprise
20 July 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

So with only two episodes left to see, i can honestly say that this season is far more better then i thought it will be after main star Kevin Spacey has left the building, so to speak and after seeing extremely negative scores here art IMDb. And yes, Kevin was extremely missing in a fist episodes, but then little by little, this season started to grow on my and now i kinda highly enjoy it - this is mainly because of great writing and good story itself as well as superb acting by everyone involved - those qualities did not change even after Kevin left, and this is what makes this show truly a hell of a entertainment.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
House of Cards: Chapter 69 (2018)
Season 6, Episode 4
Not bad season so far
14 July 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

Maybe "House of Cards" isn't in this last season as good as it sometimes was (most of it), but it still a not bad series if you ask me. Its still has involving writing, superb acting and solid directing. And the only reason why i'm not rating it higher is because of story. Its not the best series has seen so far, but on the other hand with only 4 episodes left i do wan't to see of how they will end it.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
House of Cards: Chapter 67 (2018)
Season 6, Episode 2
Not bad
5 July 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

So i finally convinced myself of watching the last season of "House of Cards". The show is not as it used to me without Kevin, to say the least. Yet it wasn't that bad as rating here suggest. I thing the very low rating here are because of hate more then the material itself.

Overall, this season so far is the weakest for me, yet its not that bad to watch it. Great acting and kinda entertaining writing are best things about it so far.
The Tale (2018)
A tough story interestingly told
2 July 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

"The Tale" (2018) had an amazing acting by both leads - Laura Dern and the girl who played as a young her and as well as superb directing. Script was good, but considering that it is a real story and the one who wrote the script and directed this movie is the one the movie about (!) - this gives a different wight for the whole picture. And given the hard subject, this movie handled it very well and intriguingly.

Overall, i really enjoyed "The Tale" not because of its hard subject, but because of how well it was told. This is a really good movie in all directions.
Widows (2018)
A great story superbly told
25 June 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

"Widows" (2018) is definitely one of the more memorable thrillers i saw in many moons. The story here was very good, multilayered and had zero cliches. Characters were given time to show their personalities. Acting was superb, and boy oh boy how many great familiar faces are in this movie - even if for a short cameo. This is because of the great material and superb director and writer Steve McQueen - this was his only second movie in the last 6 years after "12 Years a Slave". Directing of "Widows" was nothing short of amazing - you can feel absolutely confident director's hand all over this film.

Overall, "Widows" kept me glued to my screen for whole 2 h 3 min. The story was very good, acting was superb as well as amazing directing and great script. This is a great movie all around.
0 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Aftermath (II) (2019)
A really enjoyable movie
24 June 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

While "The Aftermath" (2019) doesn't come close to "The English Patient" or other great movies about love and grief during / post World Wars, i really enjoyed it for what it was. It had surprisingly good story, superb acting by all 3 involved ans especially Keira. Settings were great - this movie just FELT like an good old fashioned movie - hope you know what i mean. And the ending was very surprising - after some revelations happened near the end i kinda thought i knew were was it going, but i was wrong and the movie surprised me.

Overall, while "The Aftermath" is not without its flaws, it is surely a good cinema - it has everything the one needs.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Am Mother (2019)
A not bad sci-fi flick
21 June 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

"I Am Mother" (2019) was a pretty solid sci-fi flick with some good performances and even better concept. Although ending was interesting, it kinda felt a bit disappointing as it didn't really showed us the outcome.

Overall, "I Am Mother" has a good ideas and at running time 1 h 50 min i wasn't bored, but given a pretty great concept maybe i was excepting something better. Still a descent movie to see it once, for those who love the genre.
The Wife (I) (2017)
Great performances in a great movie
16 June 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

"The Wife" (2017) is a very good movie, filled by 2 great lead performances by the great Glenn Close and Jonathan Pryce who one of the better performances of his carrier in my opinion. "The Wife" had a great story, and also it is a solid character study movie, although the story shows exactly who the character of Glenn Close is - no spoiler it was surprisingly interesting.

Overall, "The Wife" is a superbly paced drama which at running time 1 h 35 min never dragged and was very involving and superbly told story from beginning till the end.
Kinds should watch it even today in 2019
11 June 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

"Beauty and the Beast" (1991) is a great Disney classic which should be seen by youngest ones even today. It has great music, timeless story, good writing and a heart in a right place.

Overall, there isn't really much to say more about this movie - its a classic and deserves all praises. Good movie overall.
Roma (2018)
Great craftsmanship but a bit hard to get into
9 June 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

I enjoyed "Roma" (2018) for a few things - superb directing and amazing cinematography as well as very good central performance - those are highlights of the entire movie. So is it enough to call it great movie? On one hand, pure craftsmanship - "Roma" sure is a great movie, but its story wasn't that much involving for me to be honest. It was a bit hard to get into it, because i did not relate to a main character, nor her life, nor her struggles (except the ones that were universal).

Overall, "Roma" can be a difficult movie to watch on some boring evening because of a story which is obviously biographical, based on a memories of a master movie maker Alfonso Cuarón - one of my favorite. On the other hand this movie is so well done that i kinda involved me, despite that main character and a world she lived in were not relevant for me. Its a good movie to see it once mainly because of phenomenal cinematography and directing.
Chernobyl (2019)
Probably the most authentic and raw series I've ever seen
8 June 2019
Greetings from Lithuania.

After seeing all 5 episodes of "Chernobyl" i can safely say - this has to be the most authentic and raw series I've probably ever seen, and i saw many of them. Th story itself while was pretty well known by myself, but not that much - it kept me on the edge of my seat during whole 5 brutal, authentic and as real as possible episodes. I'm so proud right now that "Chernobyl" was actually filmed in my county Lithuania, most of it at our decommissioned plant in Visaginas and our capital Vilnius. I heard about this thing being filmed a bit back then, and i thought "nice, some known but not to much actors doing some show about even which kinda no one cares about these days". After seeing this show i can only say - "Chernobyl" is a masterpiece of raw and authenticity.

Overall, "Chernobyl" is a series in which you won't find all "popular" ingredients of series of these days - superheroes, twists, mystery, love and etc. What you get in "Chernobyl" is a pure 100% real take on a devastating and brutal story as it was - noting hidden, 100% real. It is as good small cinema as it can be.
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.