Reviews

The FanFic Critic (2010– )
Really does not hold up well
28 October 2018
I used to watch this show a few years ago, cos I am a fan fic writer myself. There are some good episodes like "Peggy's Revenge", "Cloud Mows the Lawn", "Timeless Lust" and "Sonichu". But the rest is just Megan screaming at the camera and throwing tantrums over spelling mistakes. I had to turn the volume down most of the time. Plus, having to listen to someone just stare into the camera and read the story to you is just plain boring! "Jack-a-nory", this ain't. (A children's show in the UK).

The best episodes worked because she was with her friend Archangel Assassian. They worked because of the banter between those girls, however, they both had a falling out a few years ago, and Megan said it was for the best. (As someone with a bad friend in the past, I can relate)

Overall, in retrospect, just not a good show. Also, Susan's accent is just cringeworthy. It puts Keanu Reeves to shame.
Ouija (2015)
Very good for YouTube film
8 August 2018
Most short films on YouTube are not very good, full of bad acting, bad sound, bad editing, wind blowing in the mic, etc.

Horror fan Roly shows his horror traits with what would happen if one should mess with a Ouija board. A living nightmare filled with backwards voices, flashing imagery, blood running out of the eyes, the sort of horror Uwe Boll tried and failed to do.

Jump scares are also effective. Watch this movie in a small dark room. Trust me.

Well done, Roly! I hope you make another one.
Bad Education (2012– )
Lives up to its title
17 February 2018
The biggest problem with this show is that it tries WAY too hard to both funny and hip for the kids.

Jack Whitehall is an okay actor, but he tries so hard to humiliate himself to get a cheap laugh. To be honest, some of his jokes work, others don't.

The episode where he asks a farmer "Do all meerkats come from Russia?" is just so cringeworthy.

The students are stereotypes that we have seen in other High School comedies. We have the gay kid, the smart Asian one, the slut, the tough kid and the wannabe rapper.

The show also suffers from really annoying dubstep music, again trying too hard to be cool for the target audience.

Also, the editing......... dear God, the EDITING! It looks like a child edited this. Jokes have to work because of the timing, but when you have sudden jump cuts between comedic scenes, it doesn't work.

But the number one thing I hate about this show is Fraser.

I HATE THIS CHARACTER WITH A PASSION!

I get that the joke is that he tries too hard to be cool and fails everytime, but he is just not funny. You can't have a character suddenly shouting "REWIND!" and "TOP BANTER!" and expect it to be funny. Its like a child tugging at his or her's parents clothes and saying "Look at me!"

This show is like Jack Whitehall's stand up; Only funny in small doses.
Not the best of the Ninja Eliminator films
9 January 2018
The first 3 movies worked because they were made by RKSS, so they knew what they wanted to do with them. Here, it's given to someone else and it doesn't work, but they don't know the style of it.

Another problem is that it is too long. The key to making a fake movie trailer is to make it 2,3 or 4 minutes. Here, it lasts for 8 minutes.

RKSS do have a cameo in this film, but really they should've made the fourth movie. If there is ever going to be a fifth movie, they should do it.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Wonderful Kung Fu spoof!
9 January 2018
After watching RKSS' "Turbo Kid" and loving the hell out of it, I discovered RKSS' YouTube channel. I've watched "Le Bagman" which I thought was funny, "Total Fury" and this gem!

A spoof on bad 70's Kung Fu movies, we have the Gold Ninja, a ninja cop whose girlfriend gets kidnapped by an evil ninja leader, and he has to find the Ninja Crystal to get her back.

The acting, dubbing, fight scenes and cinematography are all wonderfully bad. All the ninjas appear to be wearing T-shirts on their heads, you can also see the labels.

We also get awesomely bad dialogue like "I will kill you until you die!"

One favourite scene of mine is when the Gold Ninja uses his flute to make his ninja dog appear out of thin air to attack someone. Complete with the dog wagging his tail as he does this.

The best comedy are usual intentionally bad ones.

I have subscribed to RKSS' channel. If you love "Turbo Kid", you should do the same.

I hope they don't get pigeonholed into just making the same movies over and over again, though. But if Peter Jackson went from doing gory low budget B movies to Oscar winning epics, I'm sure RKSS could do the same.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why is Harley Quinn in this?
13 December 2017
Obviously it's really Trent's fan films where horror characters fight each other and edited together to make a plot. But every scene is fight scene, fight scene, fight scene and fight scene.

The acting is hokey. The guy playing Herbert West is out of character. West is supposed to be this weird, kooky anti-social character. but in this, he acts like a normal guy. Its like the actor hadn't seen Re-Animator.

Dr Lecter also sucks. He looks and sounds nothing like Sir Hopkins and he just says the exact same lines from Silence of the Lambs.

Darkman is also a waste. He's a bad guy? And what can he do again? Oh yeah, DISGUISE HIMSELF INTO OTHER PEOPLE.

And the Creeper only appears at the start of the film and never appears again

And yes, why is Harley Quinn in this? She is not even a horror character. "Icons of Horror" INDEED! She doesn't even have a Brooklyn accent.

Yes, The Punisher is in this, for some reason. Cobra Commander was in the last film and Umbrella joining forces with Cobra is not a bad idea.

I will give this a 2, because the concept is interesting. It's just a shame that it's not done 100%.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why was he successful again?
12 December 2017
I had seen Johnny interviewed in the series "I Love 1970's". He was quite funny telling the stories about being beaten up by a lightsabre and eating too many packets of Space Dust.

But as a stand up......ugh.

He just talks about something at first, then he gets angry about something else and then starts shouting for no reason.

And people find that funny.

And that's what this feature is all about. Everyone is all shouting and arguing and being really horrible to each other. It's mean spirited and unfunny. Much like "Vaccuming Completely Nude in Paradise", it is just people shouting and getting angry with each other in EVERY BLOODY SCENE!

And the worst part? It never stops.

Yeah.

Also, not a single laugh to be had.

Not one.

Sigh.

As someone who had a fantastic diet of British comedy since childhood, Johnny Vegas and Ricky Gervais are just people I don't get. And I also don't get why people like them.
Professor Juice (2014– )
Gets irritating fast
15 October 2017
The big problem with Rosie Caddick is that she can't go a minute without doing funny voices and pulling faces. You want her to get on with the review, but she spends way too much time doing her shtick that you just give up on her completely.

She also does pointless sketches that go nowhere and have nothing to do with the review.

Imagine if Siskel and Ebert reviewed a movie and they kept on doing funny voices and pulling faces throughout the whole thing.

I tried to watch episodes of Buddy Games, but when you have Rosie going:

"Hi, I'm Rosie AND I'M DOING A FUNNY VOICE!"

You know when you have that friend who keeps telling the same joke over and over and you're like "Okay, that's enough!"
Fun doc on a fun movie
5 October 2017
Turbo Kid is a love letter to 80's B Movies and was made by 80's kids, RKSS.

I had never heard of Turbo Kid until I saw "Good Bad Flicks" top 10 films of 2015. One of these films he put on his list was this one.

I saw the trailer and thought it looked awesome and then I saw the movie online and I flippin' loved it!

This doc is interesting. We learn about RKSS, who have their own YouTube channel and have made short films for over a decade. I recommend that channel. The "Ninja Eliminator" movies are SO FUNNY!

They talk about "T is for Turbo" which was an entry for the "ABC's of Death" contest and they didn't win. But if you watch that short, you can see the similarities.

Their movies of course have a lot of gore and this movie is no exception. Aaron Jeffrey said "When I read the script, I thought 'That's a lot of gore'."

Of course we see the puppets made for the gore.

Then they talk about how cold it was filming in Canada and the fight scenes.

The doc ends with the cast and crew going to the Sundance festival.

We see clips of their short films and scenes from them later referenced in Turbo Kid.

Overall, I loved Turbo Kid and RKSS' shorts. Roll on Turbo Kid 2.
Princess Nikki (2006– )
Nikki has taught us one good thing......
22 August 2017
.......and that's how not to be a human being. She's a terrible person; she's rude, arrogant, whiny, spoilt, lazy, talentless, selfish and....... there is absolutely nothing good to say about her AT ALL. She's like a character from a sitcom. In sitcoms, the main characters are usually written as horrible people like Basil Fawlty, Cartman, Homer Simpson, Blackadder and Richie and Eddie. But Nikki is a real person, unfortunately.

What I like about this show is that it makes fun of her. And there's nothing better than seeing a horrible person get made fun of. Professional workers make fun her and her arrogance and the viewer just shakes their head in disgust. Parents say "Thank God she's not MY daughter."

Nikki wants credit for things she didn't do very well. "I did a 10/10 on farming." But her employers say the opposite.

I'm not a fan of Gordon Ramsey, but I would like to see Nikki on his show. He would have a field day.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sonic Boom: The Biggest Fan (2016)
Season 2, Episode 5
Not starring Chris-Chan, says the makers of this show..........
15 July 2017
I never watched this show, but this episode caught my attention because it was rumoured that Mark the number one fan was based on Chris-Chan.

The writers of this show denied it, but there are a lot of similarities between Chris and Mark:

. The Orange Soda........... (shudder)...... if you know Chris, you know what I'm talking about.

. Mark making a reference to Sonic's arms being blue, Chris got angry when Sonic Boom made his arms blue and not flesh coloured, in his strange Chris-Chan way.

. Mark writes Sonic fan fiction that isn't family friendly.

The only things that Mark are missing are a striped jumper and a Southern accent.

Whether Mark is Autistic is a mystery.

The episode does a good job spoofing "Misery", only Mark didn't break Sonic's legs with a sledgehammer.

I didn't like the "Secret of the Garbage" joke, it wasn't funny. Also in this show, Knuckles' re-design and he is an idiot.

Chris, say what you want about Sonic's arms, but's it's Knuckles that's the biggest problem with Sonic Boom.

It would've been nice at the end of the episode that Mark broke down and cried, since he has no friends and considers Sonic one, despite not really knowing him. And Sonic and his friends would've gave Mark a heart-to-heart and gave a message to kids about not being obsessed with someone you don't really know.

Overall, I liked this episode.

Wonder has Chris seen this?
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Reconstructing Edward (2017 Video)
Resurrecting Evil Ed
15 July 2017
As we all know, once the movie was completed and released, it just died. It had no big names and the cast and crew either never worked again, or just did very little TV and film work.

However, Goran Lundstrom went on to do Special Make up Effects for Star Wars, X-Men, Harry Potter, Narnia and even Little Britain. Kaj Stevenman became a Visual effects creator for films like Underwolrd Awakening.

In this featurette, Director Anders and editor Doc open a wardrobe and take out a role of film from Ed's original cut and also the artwork.

Goran shows us the fridge monster he created, this was actually the second model he made, due to the original fridge monster looking awful.

Doc then re-edits the footage for the Special "Ed-ition", including the lost balcony scene and a montage of Edward editing the violent films.

Jim Friedman returns to voice Edward for the balcony scene. If you watch the Special Ed-ition, in the balcony scene, Ed sounds much older.

Overall, a nice featurette on a movie that vanished on release, and then brought back to life by Arrow Video.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lost in Brainland (2017 Video)
Average Documentary
24 June 2017
This 3 hour doc is okay, but yeah, much like "The Story of Hellraiser", it is too damn long. So it does get really boring at times. But at times it gets really interesting. It would've been nice if it was shorten to 90 minutes or 2 hours.

You learn interesting things like the hospital climax was not in the script, the film originally ended with Ed being taken off to hospital.

A radio station in Sweden called "Radio Bandit" an English speaking station did the dubbing. The guy who voiced Ed is in this doc. Shame they didn't get Bill Mosely though.

The worst person being interviewed is the actress who played Mel. All she says is "Oh, I don't remember" in a jokey way.

Speaking of the interviews, when someone's name comes on, their occupation doesn't. So it can get confusing.

We also see some YouTube videos of people reviewing this movie.

Johan said he was recognised at a McDonald's and Per said that his son plays the "Rest in Pieces" scene over and over on YouTube.

An okay doc, but better editing would've sufficed.

Yes, I have seen the 45 minute cut. It's okay, but the 3 hour one has more interesting detail.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mortal Kombat: Conquest (1998–1999)
Mortal Kombat: Borefest
3 June 2017
I loved the first movie, hated the second. Heard about this show, but never saw it before. I found this in Poundland. The disc had five episodes.

I watched it and my God, it was dull!

It was talking and talking and talking and talking!

And when it does get to the fight scenes, even they're boring!

The acting is lame and the dire-logue is cringeworthy. Very Saturday cartoonish. Plus this is set 500 years before the events of the first movie and we have characters saying "Bathroom break" and "This sucks".

They keep using the same shot from the first movie where we have the outside of the temple. You can tell it is from the first movie because we can see Liu Kang and his Grandpa in the background as clear as day. Why not digitally remove them?

Sub-Zero's costume and Shao Kahn's helmet are so cheep looking due to the show's low budget.

Apart from Tracy Douglas' nude scene from the fourth episode, I can't think of anything good from this show.

And much like the movies, there is no gore. Boo.......

If another MK series is made, deliver on the gore please. Maybe the directors of "Turbo Kid" might do a reboot, hopefully.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
20/20: The Secret Life of Elliot Rodger (2014)
Season Unknown, Episode Unknown
A very interesting and tragic look at Elliot
19 February 2017
I saw this episode on YouTube.

Barbara Walters interviews Peter Rodger, father of the Isla Vista killer. Peter is good person, whereas the fathers of killers are often abusive, or killers themselves.

The Rodgers never had a killer in their family, until that fateful day on May 23rd 2014.

The episode shows Elliot's background. His father was directing commercials and his stepmother was an actress. The Rodgers had it all, they were very rich, yet Elliot was quite greedy, even as a child.

Peter and his wife sent Elliot from school to school, hoping that he would fit in with the other kids, but it wasn't meant to be.

Barbara asks Peter whether Elliot was autistic, Peter answers that Elliot wasn't fully diagnosed, but showed certain traits of Asperger's.

I think maybe Elliot had Asperger's, which is why he didn't fit in at school.

As somebody with Asperger's myself, I can relate to that. I was very shy and didn't fit in with the other kids. They were into football and horseplay, and being an Aspie, they were out of my league.

We then move onto Elliot's discovery and fascination with sex. But he could never have a girlfriend due to his social awkwardness. Even though is possible for socially awkward people to fall in love.

The problem with Elliot was that he was very narcissistic. In his manifesto, he bragged on about how great he was, which was a major turn off.

He was also incredibly racist, due to his dislike of his Moroccan step mother. He also thought girls didn't like him because he was part Asian.

Elliot lived by his own logic, and thought everyone should have the same opinions he did.

Rather than seeking help from his friends or family to get a girlfriend, Elliot had to do the selfish thing and take other peoples' lives.

"All for the crime of living a better life than me," says Elliot in his Retribution video.

Elliot Rodger's life would make a great biopic, though.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A great doc on a strange and yet interesting individual
19 February 2017
I first heard of Sonichu and Chris-Chan when I saw an episode of The FanFic Critic. She reviewed Sonichu and tore it to shreds.

I then listened to her commentary on the episode and discovered that there was more to Chris-Chan than meets the eye.

After watching DStacks review the Sonichu comics, I found this documentary.

The tale of Chris-Chan is interesting. We learn about his "love quest" and how he stood outside his college with signs looking for girlfriends. The dean, Mary Lee Walsh told him off about it and Chris made her a villainess in the Sonichu comics.

Chris is also bad at taking criticism. He lost a PaRappa the Rapper contest and was very angry about it. He would often make rant videos about this, which only makes Chris more of a laughing stock.

We also find out about his battle with trolls. If one gets attacked by a troll, we just ignore them, because they're really just attention seekers looking for a fight.

Since Chris is very easily annoyed, he would make rant videos at them. This doesn't stop the trolling, but makes it even worse.

We then discover about his "girlfriends" who were really just trolls pretending to be girls interested in him.

Being autistic, Chris is very gullible and at one point, a troll emailed him pretending to be Shigeru Miyamoto, wanting to turn Sonichu into a video game. Poor Chris took the bait and even made a video to the people who worked at Nintendo.

His parents were no help either. They were hoarders and Chris even filmed the amount of junk inside his house. His dad got angry and told Chris that if the Health Department saw the video, they would have to move out.

One night, the house got caught on fire due to an electrical socket spraying sparks and igniting the amounts of rubbish.

Since the tale of Chris-Chan is very interesting, it would make a very nice biopic.

Since James Franco's The Disaster Artist is about one of the worst movies ever made, why not make one about this? Now that would be a biopic I'd like to see.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not bad
28 December 2016
It does stay true to the Young Ones. It has the surrealism and cut away gags. You actually feel like you're watching an episode of the show.

However, this fan film has some flaws. The sound mixing and lighting are pretty dodgy and most of the time, you can't hear what Rick is saying.

As for the acting, Ross plays a weak Rick, Barry doesn't play a good Vvyvan, but it is Nicolas as Neil who really steals the show. And Neil is my favourite character.

Some jokes are funny, others aren't.

I've seen a lot of fan films which are terrible, but this one was actually getting it. Ross knew how to make a Young Ones episode. The execution is not perfect, but at least he got the ball rolling. If the sound mixing, acting and lighting were much better, it would've been a terrific short. Worth checking out of you like the show.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Blunder: Episode #1.1 (2006)
Season 1, Episode 1
A great start to a BAD show
28 October 2016
I remember seeing adverts for this show and it looked wacky, crazy and made me want to watch it.

I saw this first episode and it started off wit the karate man.

I was not expecting that.

And I laughed and laughed and laughed.

Also the rude man who kept interrupting his son.

The Baron, he's evil.

And of course, Frank. A man who's got to do a fart in a cinema and goes out to the lobby to do it. He decided to do it in front of a girl's face. Funni.

However, I didn't find David Mitchell's man who complains about everything funny or the girl who speaks comedy funny either, which is why I'm only giving this episode an 8.

My friends at college and I talked and talked and talked about this show and laughed and laughed.

But then along came the second episode. Which sucked. Same jokes. Same punchlines.

The next episode. Same damn things.

Yep, seen the karate guy already.

And the Frank gags aren't funny.

The Blunder ship was sinking fast and then it hit the bottom of the ocean.

Blunder: A meaningful title.

But, we will already have the first episode (drinks).
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Real Ghostbusters: The Halloween Door (1989)
Season 5, Episode 9
Average episode
28 October 2016
There are a couple of things I don't like about this episode.

1. Crowley's head that resembles Frankenstein's monster. It's just too distracting. Maybe the reason he wants to get rid of Halloween was because of all the kids said he looked like the monster.

Yeah, the plot where he tries to get rid of Halloween with a laser beam is just........ really?

It's just a little too out there. Even for The Real Ghostbusters standards.

2. The songs. Good Lord. Musical numbers in Ghostbusters? Really?

The one in the school was just embarrassing. And what, the Ghostbusters are doing magic tricks?

But the episode does have it's moments. The bit where Slimer is dressed up as Peter and Peter dressed up as Slimer, actually slimes the green turd.

Also, when Boogaloo came into the city and makes it dark and nightmaric is also good.

Overall, not bad, but it did break a couple of rules in The Real Ghostbusters universe.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Angry Video Game Nerd: Toxic Crusaders (2013)
Season 7, Episode 5
One of the worst episodes ever made
22 October 2016
Yes, it's cool that James got Lloyd Kaufman to be in this episode, but there is one problem: The episode is not very good.

James spends most of the video breaking character. The Nerd is supposed to be angry, but here, he's laughing all the time.

The whole video is like a giant blooper, which would be okay on a gag reel, but not an actual episode.

The jokes aren't funny. Everything is a dick joke to....... Taylor Swift and Justin Beiber?

Those aren't things you want to hear in a Nerd video.

It's just goes to show that just because you have a guest star on your show, it doesn't mean it's any good.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun documentary
18 October 2016
Unlike the 20 minute one which was pointless, it was just people telling you what the movie was about and how great everyone is, here there is more meat to this story.

We learn about the fight choreography, filming in Thailand, also filming in LA, the sets and the CGI.

The Outworld set was built in a back lot of a studio in LA and was filmed at night. There were planes flying above and the pilots got scared and called the airport to let them know were they back on planet Earth.

Filming on the beaches of Thailand were great, but all the equipment had to be brought over by boat.

Robin Shou, being the big star in Asia, is seen greeting many kids who were fans of his. Between filming, he can also be seen wearing swim shorts.

The Narrator does have a habit of saying "Building the set was difficult, but to solve this problem" about five times.

Anderson said that New Line was looking for a director and saw his debut "Shopping" was bombed in the UK, but New Line thought his direction had the right energy for a movie. Anderson may not be a great filmmaker, but his heart was in the right place when he made this movie. At least his characters in this one (and Event Horizon) actually have personalities, unlike the bland characters in the Resident Evil movies.

If you enjoyed this movie, which to me is a real 90's classic, then give this doc a watch.

You don't learn anything about Goro though, however there is a YouTube video of how they made him.

There's is also a 20th Anniversary with Anderson and Robin Shou, where they jab the sequel. Give that a watch as well.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very sexy video featuring the very sexy Jessie
4 October 2016
In 2002, Holly Valance appeared nude in "Kiss Kiss". In 2012, it was Jessie's turn. As if she wasn't sexy enough already.

It's Jessie in front of a black screen and sometimes on a chair, naked.

She has footage of "Silver Lining" projected on her body, but I think you'll be staring more at her fantastic, erection causing curves.

Yeah, Jessie was wearing a skin tight leotard on, but it's still very sexy.

The lighting also makes the video sexy, and nudity can be sexy if it is stylish. Rather than some pornographic video of some bird flapping her tits about. Or that Miley Cyrus or Nicki Minaj rubbish.

Fans of Jessie will go crazy bout this vid.
The movie goer's guide to the making of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
28 September 2016
This is an enjoyable documentary. We focus on the development hell this movie went through, it took over 20 years to get made. At one point, Spike Jonze was going to direct it, but I think it is a good idea that he didn't do it, because Jonze's style might be too weird for 'Hitchhiker's'.

We see Garth and Nick doing a pitch for the studio and then getting the film greenlit causing them to scream in the car for joy.

Then we get to the casting as we see everyone at the table read.

We even have interviews with the cast as they're being driven to work. They also explain how they get into acting in the first place.

We have two really geeky men arguing about how the spell 'Hitchhiker's' in the title. You just look at them and shake your head.

We see the Heart of Gold set being built and counted how many lights were used.

All the actors who played the Vogons had to go to 'Vogon school', much like actors who played zombies. Composer Jody said that for the Vogon's theme, he had to create the most boring theme in the world.

Sam Rockwell, for Zaphod's second head, had to be shot in front of a blue screen whilst wearing a blue shirt.

Footage of Stephen Fry, Bill Bailey and the League of Gentlemen are shown recording their voice overs.

Garth said that he was sick filming the Viltvodle scene and somebody screaming orders on a walkie talkie was making things better.

Humma Kuvula's choir was filmed in a real English church.

Finally, we have the big event, the premiere. You can't help but feel excited for the cast and crew as they enter the cinema.

If you liked the film, then you will enjoy this documentary.

Hitchhiker's fans will be over the moon to hear actual audio footage of Douglas Adams being interviewed.
Echogeddon (2016– )
"Feel the power of Echogeddon."
23 September 2016
I love listening to audio plays. It takes me back to listening to "The Magical Music Box" when I was a kid. Good times.

Very much influenced by anime, even the voice acting sound like an anime.

Very well edited and mixed, the sound effects and music are great.

Although you don't see anything, you can't help but picture the fight at the end of the first episode in your head.

You also feel sorry for poor Zoe as she is trapped in the suit and is forced to stay in there, probably until the final episode.

Since Mr Briton told her to loosen her bowels in the suit, think how bad that suit must stink. Reminds me of that scene in "Brazil" when Spoor and Dowser get their suits filled up with sewage.

Although Mr Briton keeps calling Zoe "Zack", maybe there is a sad sorry behind that.

My only gripe with this show is that the dialogue is a bit naff. Although, English dubs for anime has some cheesy dialogue, so maybe that was intentional.

Also the "That man has a smelly bum" line in the second episode?

Maybe that was you, Zoe, since you can lose your bowel inside the suit.

Overall, I'm really digging this show and I can't wait for the other episodes.

Jambers said that he would like to turn this into an animated series.

Or even better, a feature film.
Very heavily based on Elliot Rodger
7 August 2016
The Isla Vista killer was the basis for Holden, the name being the main character in The Catcher in the Rye, though.

Holden's video vlogs, manifesto, time in Summer Camp, his crushes on girls who didn't like are massive references to Elliot Rodger's life.

John Karna plays Holden as a very creepy loner with a bizarre way of speaking, which is not too different from the way Rodger spoke, if you watch his real life vlogs.

My favourite scene is when Holden is hearing the couple having sex next door, bangs his fist on the wall and then talks into the camera. Him going on about how girls should not be attracted to the immature football jocks and should be attracted to "Sophisticated gentlemen" like himself is just Elliot to a tee.

I have never watched this show before, but I am familiar with the Elliot Rodger incident and since this episode was heavily influenced by it, I got intrigued.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.