9,216 Reviews
Love Is Blind (II) (2015)
The okay ending is not enough
26 March 2019
"Love Is Blind" is a British short film from 2015, so this one has its 5th anniversary soon and it was written and directed by Dan Hodgson, his most recent short film work and also his most successful probably because this one scored a nomination at the Cannes Film Festival and even if it was probably nowhere close to winning the prestigious Palme d'Or, that is still a huge success. First let me say before you read on: If you want to watch this film, stay away from the cast list here on imdb because that one offers a big spoiler. In here we have a woman and man about to make love when the woman's relationship comes around, so we find out she is cheating on him. Frequently you hear in these scenarios that the lover disappears under the bed then and most of the time, that is just a fictitious idea, also because many beds don't even have space under them anymore, but here it is true. And while she goes down (no pun intended) to talk to her man, the lover tries to get out of the house in the most clumsy fashion. Luckily for him, the woman's relationship is deaf-mute, so he cannot hear all the hullabaloo and not even hear when the woman screams advice at her lover because she makes sure she hides her mouth when doing so. She seems to be quite an expert there, maybe it is not her first time of moonlighting. Anyway, I must say that even if I would certainly not say these under 6.5 minutes were a bad film (not at all), they also did not convince me and like I wrote in the title: The funny (not so for the chick I assume) plot twist did not make up for all the mediocrity before. That's why all in all I believe the awards attention is not justified and even if the actors did a solid job and elevated the script this way, I give it a thumbs-down as a whole. Not recommended.
Popeye and hypnosis
26 March 2019
"The 'Hyp-Nut-Tist'" is an American cartoon and maybe from the title of this movie or also from the title of my review you alreac recognized that here we have a Popeye cartoon. As always it is in black-and-white and this one was made back on 1935, so it is almost 85 years old now and it is one of the earlier Popeye works by Fleischer (and Kneitel) and he moved on from Betty Boop to Popeye around that time. This one includes the 3 most famous characters from this prolific series, next to Popeye there is Olive and also Bluto who plays a wicked hypnotist this time. You can decide for yourself if the connection to German politics during that time is depicted here or if it is a pretty unpolitical film. I would say the latter. In any case it runs for slightly under 7 minutes like most other (Popeye) cartoons and Popeye and Olive visit a stage performance here and get sucked in by Bluto's gift on more than one occasions. Olive gets turned into a chicken (without any physical change). This physical change, however, is shown when Bluto's attempt to turn Popeye into a monkey backfires and also when it succeeds and he turns him into a donkey, but still gets to feel his hooves on one occasion. The longer the film goes, the more it is really a fight film you could almost say as there is some pointless punching going on at the stage eventually. In the end, as always Popeye gets his spinach 90 seconds before it's all over and prevails. Well, the comedy fell a bit flat here. The humor depicted on Popeye frequently feels very random and not spot-on for me. The best example is the inclusion of the mentally challenged man at the very beginning or why Popeye and Olive would toss a coin to see who pays. And lets be honest here, had Popeye not annoyed the magician and being a nuisance with his pipe early on, then perhaps it never would have escalated this much. One more reason why I find myself cheering more for Bluto a lot of the time, not just in this one here. Other mentionable aspects here are that Bluto is indeed a talented magician and not just a bully and fraudster like in other films. And that we rarely get to see so much visual affection from Olive towards Popeye as we do see here at the very end. I guess she likes being smacked reason into her? I would not be surprised, but yeah I still don't think she is a hot chick. All in all, not one of my favorite Popeye cartoons. I give it a thumbs-down and suggest you watch something else instead. The title isn't great either in terms of the usual Popeye title play on words.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
More comparisons and metaphors than you can stomach almost
26 March 2019
"Symphony in Slang" is an American cartoon from 1951, in color of course and this one is almost 70 years old now and runs for slightly under 7 minutes as they usually do. It is still easy to find today thanks to the involvement of director Tex Avery, who made this one not in the latter stages of his career, but still way past his most prolific days. Rich Hogan wrote the story and this is from the final works of his career, even if he lived on for several decades still at that point. John Brown does the voice work for all the characters here and that is a rare occurence because despite being a prolific actor, cartoons were really not his thing and this is an exception. I kinda liked his voice. Actually it was more entertaining than the hipster's pretty forgettable physicall appearance. Hipster vs. Webster you could say as the man at the entrance of the heavenly gates needs work from the dictionary guru Noah Webster (also long deceased of course) in order to understand what the new guy is talking about at all. And even Webster struggles with the man's constant use of very visual language. Not graphic or so. So the film is told in its entirety like that. We see what things would actually look like if these weren't just proverbs. I will give you some examples: We see a piano player playing by ear, so he actually uses his ear instead of his fingers. Then we see a woman being the mother of several little ones. And there are no children depicted, but several numbers, well "ones" only of course. I think that is enough. You are getting the idea. I think it is okay for this running time, still with the weaker jokes, it gets a bit repetitive, but most of the jokes are fine and also to understand for somebody who isn't a native English speaker like myself. There are also several really obvious inclusions like the fact that he laughed himself to death, even if that did not really fit in this context. A bit of a pity that the final one with the cat did nothing for me as I simply did not know the phrase. Maybe it's me, maybe it has aged in a way where people today are just not using it anymore in general I am not sure. But it doesn't matter anyway. Little fun cartoon we have here that linguists may really enjoy the hell out of it. Feel free to depict that visually in front of your imaginary eye too. And then go watch these 7 minutes. Thumbs up!
True Grit
25 March 2019
"Gritta von Rattenzuhausbeiuns" is an East German film for kids and families from 1985, so this one is already almost 35 years old, maybe even older depending on when you read this review. It is based on a novel and that means that really many writers are credited here. One of them is director Jürgen Brauer and he managed also to have a career in Germany after the Fall of the Berlin Wall, mostly in television. Same can be said about Hermann Beyer, who plays the title character's oddjob father. By the way the title character is a girl we have here and her name basically means translated something like Gritta with rats at her home just in case you cared. The actress is Nadja Klier and while she has never acted in a film before or after this movie here and perhaps never will again, she is enjoying a successful career nowadays in film nonetheless working in the camera department on many occasions. Same is true surprisingly about Marc Lubosch, who plays Gritta's childhood crush. Suher Saleh who plays Gritta's dad's new love interest has quickly vanished from the film industry afterwards. Okay, this is the story of a tomboy girl who not only experiences first love, but struggles with her father's offbeat inventions in the most harmless way as we find out by comments like how is she ever gonna find a boy if she constantly has minor injuries. Well, that went quickly then didn't it. And the next boy is already ready to charm her when Gritta (almost called her Britta) is sent to a religious school when there is constant conflict between her and the new woman in the house. But Gritta's father quickly regrets his decision to send her away temporarily while Gritta is on her own new adventure not taking any humiliation from the strictly religious female teachers working there and at the same time discovering a fateful travesty that is going on behind the scenes of the oh so respectable school. At the same time, she is making many new friends. I think it was a good film overall. While East Germany frequently struggled considerably with only coming close to West Germany in terms of the quality of the 2 countries' films, films aimed primarily at children were one of the GDR's biggest strengths. There is a strong history of fairytales from way before the 1980s and here is one of the more recent pretty entertaining films. The movie is worth seeing for how goofy it is, the fantasy components and several other well-handled production values. The rats are cute too by the way and I still wonder why females especially don't like them often, but well it is okay. The minor romance / coming-of-age story with Gritta kissing Peter early on was pretty cute too from the first-love perspective, even if the idea of eating stinging-nettles was not too bright and I also could have done without the rats being able to talk. But these are just minor criticisms. It is a charming film overall and if not Beyer, then the most known cast member is Delmare (rip) wih whom Brauer worked on other occasions too later on I believe. Go watch this one with your kids. GDR does fantasy and succeeds with it.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Even worse than the original
25 March 2019
"The Lonely Island Feat. Rihanna: Shy Ronnie 2 - Ronnie & Clyde" is a fairly long title for a really short film, even if this one is slightly longer than the first Shy Ronnie from a year earlier, but it is still under the 3-minute mark. Again Akiva Shaffer directs and Rihanna reunites with Andy Samberg as the two rob a bank this time. I guess this idea must have come to their minds after the play on words "Ronnie and Clyde", so yeah you can imagine yourself how good a film is that only relies on its title. Don't be fooled by the imdb rating and the view count on Youtube. I personally would say that the first one was already really bad, but this one is even more. They are recycling the same jokes, just at a different locations admittedly and that he starts rapping suddenly and not just mumbling when Rihanna is out wasn't funny the first time either. Rihanna's singing at the beginning is okay, but when she just talks to Ronnie while still singing, it is pretty painful to watch, probably even more cringeworthy than Ronnie's mumbling. But yeah what can I say. I have never liked Andy Samberg one bit and I am not surprised at all that as a consequence I am also not seeing any creativity or memorable components in this short film we got here. Glad it was this short, so it was over quickly, but sucked to see Jon Hamm in here during his Mad Men prime and he should have known better than to appear in garbage like this, even if he is gone as quickly as he shows up. So big thumbs-down from me. SNL at its worst. Highly not recommended and you must be a huge Rihanna fanboy/girl I think to appreciate this one.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Isn't it shyronic? (that this has become a success)
25 March 2019
This project from 2009 was made by The Lonely Island and Rihanna and you can pretty much replace the former with actor Andy Samberg as he is dressed up as a nerd in a classroom here being obviously very nervous standing next to Rihanna and when he is supposed to sing, he rather mumbles. At the same time, a group of youngsters are sitting in said classroom and watching the uneven duo. And actually, this class of pupils is the only somewhat funny thing to see how they react when witnessing the action. That sure says a lot about the two in the front. It's fairly cringeworthy how Rihanna (in her early 20s back then) is singing every line, also that she forgot her purse and yeah I never found Samberg funny, certainly not in this very generic nerd costume making fun pretty disrespectfully of shy people. Rihanna isn't much better and yeah it says it all that you have to speak out loud that he urinated in his panties to understand where the humor and comedy (or lack thereof) is coming from in this movie. If you wantg to call it that even as it only runs for pretty muche xactly 2.5 minutes. Sure doesn't show people's strong taste in movie if SNL sketch has almost seven million views since its reupload by the original channel on Youtube back in fall 2017. Like I said, the original is much older and has its 10th anniversary this year. So all in all, it is definitely a failure and kinda bad to see they even made a sequel here not much later. SNL at its most horrible. Oh and nope if it not Beyoncé's last name on the board, just the word "knowledge" for whatever reason. And by the way, Beyoncé may have had some weaker effort in her career too, but as far as I know she has not stooped this low. But it fits kinda well that Rihanna is in here because she is really more of a media phenomen than a gifted singer. let alone actress. Highly not recommended.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I really didn't like it that much
25 March 2019
This is the music video for "I Really Like You", the song by Canadian recording artist Carly Rae Jepsen, and this one runs for 3.5 minutes approximately and was released back in 2015, so it is almost half a decade old. The director is Peter Glanz and that is a bit of a curiosity as looking at his body of work, he is not exactly known as a prolific music video director. But the even more baffling thing here is most likely the inclusion of Oscar-winning actor Tom hanks and I really would not have expected him in a Jepsen music video. he is in it from start to finish. Walking around, giving fans a Forrest Gump table tennis impression, sitting in the car texting with Jepsen and eventually meeting her and dancing to her singing. Well, that was a bit strange and maybe even awkward to watch. But the worst part was probably when we saw him move his mouth to Jepsen's words. I think the chorus here is catchy, but that's it. The song offers nothing in depth lyrics-wise and also beyond the chorus, it is pretty forgettable. I have read people call this one of the best music video from 2015, others say it is a lighter Bittersweet Symphony. I strongly disagree with both and honestly, except a guy being followed in the streets by a camera, this has nothing to do with the The Verve classic. Fittingly, it also wasn't a big hit, the one we have here I am of course talking about. Not a failure either, mostly thanks to strong charts performances in Japan, but yeah far from a hit and that is a good thing because it really isn't particularly good. Watch it if you love Hanks. Liking him isn't enough because I do and I still thought this was weak. Only listening to the song without the video must be even worse. Not recommended.
King Kong (1933)
A joyride from start to finish
24 March 2019
This is "King Kong", an American movie from 1933, so this one is already over 85 years old and taking that into account, nobody should be too surprised that it is a black-and-white film. But it does have sound and I will get to that later. I will spare you the names of the two directors here and way more writers even, but one name worth mentioning is Edgar Wallace, who died briefly before this one was released. It runs for slightly over 1.5 hours and if you take a look at the awards recognition it received, all of it a long time after its release, then you will understand that most people think this one has aged greatly and is seen pretty much as a classic today. I don't know if I would go that far, but it certainly was a good watch from beginning to end. Tonight I luckily had the chance to see this one on the big screen again in some special screening and it was certainly worth it. Lets start with the cast, mostly experienced actors, but no truly big names from the early days of film here. Lead actress Fay Wray (what a melodic name that is, and the only female actor with more than a few seconds screen time) is perhaps the most known and she may not be alive anymore today like the rest of the cast, but she really made it to an ancient age. Now she is a great reason why this movie turned out so well. Not just because she is so attractive and this coming from me as somebody who generally prefers dark-haired chicks means quite something. Her slumsy foolishness fits in pretty nicely, even if I can see angry feminists really struggling with her and at least as much as they will be struggling with how the men in this film treat her. I am talking especially about the scene when she gets cast basically and also about her first meeting with her future love. Now from the way he talks to her there to the way when he tells her he loves her, that was really a big jump and came kinda out of nowhere. But it was also somewhat funny. In general, there are far more scenes in this film that are probably considered funny today than they would have thought when they made this film. the reason is unintentional comedy. The best example is really how the director drags Wray into the taxi early on. There are many more scenes that will have you smile, maybe even laugh, and the fact that men were men back then and told women what to do certainly helps the matter, even if I can see some snowflakes disagreeing.

Now I mentioned the sound earlier. As strong as the film may have been visually, it is at least as good audibly. The soundtracks works really well and the sound effects do so as well. I am especially thinking about the scene when King Kong is playing with Darrow and poking her. We have to keep in mind that sound was still really new during that era, but taking that into account, it is even way more impressive what they did here. A joy to listen to. Now about the visual side. King Kong looks amazing, there is no denying. I won#t go into detail about that, but they did a marvellous job with depicting the title character. Annd not just him. There are also many dinosaur(-like) creatures in this movie. I am referring to the one the crew meets early and how they kill him was for me at leastg as heartbreaking as how they kill King Kong eventually. And then there are those that attack Barrow and fight vs. King Kong afterwards. This includes a really strong raptor, the very evil version of Nessie (a gigantic sea snake) and a not so threatening flying dinosaur. I am genuinely surprised though thatg Barrow survived the latter's attack without wounds as seemingly he had his claws deep inside her. Here and there, there are other moments that don't seem too realistic, but it's easy to forgive and forget about them given the film's overall quality. This is definitely closer to a 4 out of 5 than a 2 out of 5. I had a pretty good time seeing this film. It is also telling how the name King Kong is really a brand nowadays and we almost forget that his real name is Kong only. I know I did. What else can I add? Oh yeah, the fact that this movie here is ironically actually almoist the film they were making in this movie. There is a big creature entertaining the masses, there is a romance story, a (mostly) helpless female actress at the center of it all and the creature here is used for human greed and entertainment purposes. Certainly not as extreme as it is in the film. How they used the Empire State Building in the final sequence is pretty memorable though, especially for New Yorkers. A few more words on the great use of the Beauty vs. Beast story line. Actually, this film is a better Beauty and the Beast movie than some films that are named like this. There is a reference early on when they are still making fun of it with the future husband besing described as a beast, but he refers to himself as beauty and Wray as the beast ironically. This is the only reference that does not include Kong though. Also at the very end, there is that quote that beauty killed the beast and well on the one hand you could agree because had he not followed the female protagonist, then he would have stayed safe in his jungle. On the other hand, if you see beauty as nature and Kong sure is an impressive representative of nature, then beast is humanity here and beast killed the beauty and honestly I almost like this explanation more than the other. Even if we should not forget that Kong killed his fair share of humans too, but he mostly did it because he was worried about the one he loves and I was a bit surprised they included scenes like these, but I sure liked it because lets be honest if something like that is on the loose, then there's no way nobody gets killed. But well done on including these scenes, also slightly graphically. It's a disease mankind brought on themselves. Another scene I found memorable is when Kong is in the theater near the end and he has to witness Wray's character right in front of him and of course he thinks she is in danger. And manages to get free despite his metal chains. Another metaphor for how beauty and nature cannot be tamed, only suppressed and killed. And to sum it all up, I mentioned it already, but I also want to say that this is a defining prehistoric movie without a doubt for me, one that does not get mentioned too often in the context of Jurassic Park etc. despite certainly not being inferior. Astrong achievement with great depth that will impress you, make you wonder, make you think and make you laugh. Go check it out.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The epitome of empty action
24 March 2019
This is "John Wick Chapter 2: Wick-vizzed" and if you purchased the hard copy, this is one of the extras you got in addition to the original movie. This was released back in 2017 and it is a pretty long title for a really short documentary film. It's basically all about the action here. There are 2 (or more) kinds of behind-the-scenes/making-of documentaries and this is definitely the worse kind, the one that offers nothing really informative, but instead just praises everybody in every single sentence. One of the best stuntwomen out there, a multiple gun champion etc. Very disappointing. And what you see, even if it is kinda challenging and you need to be athletic to pull it off, feels as shallow and empty as what you hear. I mean even if you are somebody who adores the John Wick movies, then you will have a hard time appreciating this one for how insignificant and boastful it feels. It may not be a coincidence that I did not like the second John Wick that much despite quite enjoying the first and this short we got here fits in nicely with the footsteps of the overrated second movie. Actually, it is even worse. It needs to be really bad for a documentary to give one star out of five only for me, but here I did and it is deserving of this low rating. You will learn nothing from this one other how much the makers and people interviewed here are eager to convince everybody how brilliant everybody involved with this movie was. Shame the outcome is so abysmal. On two occasions. Highly not recommended.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The makers are living the characters dream, but for the audience it is closer to a nightmare
24 March 2019
"Plan B: Scheiß auf Plan A" or "Plan B" is a German German-language movie from 2016, so neither really new nor really old and this one runs for 105 minutes or so, a bit longer than it says here on imdb, but yeah not much. I will spare you the names of the people who wrote, directed and produced this short film, but it was more than I'd expect. At least one of them is also playing a main character here. These actors at the center of the film are certainly no big names. Actually, there are no big names in here. Julia Dietze is maybe the one that comes closest to such a description looking at some of her other works and I guess it is for a reason that she plays the only female character in this very male-centered movie that has more than a few seconds screen time. Oh I forgot Gedeon Burkhard too, he has worked with Tarantino and I guess that is more than all other male actors here say about themselves. Now as for the story, we initially have a trio of relatively young martial artists who want to make their own martial arts movie, but just won't get lucky with the producers until they eventually get involved in a story of crime, kidnapping and other offenses that has some dubious crooks kidnap one of the gang (plus a mysterious blonde woman) and the other three (yep there is a replacement) have to commit a certain crime for these gangsters in order to free their friend. And they do not really have a choice. So yeah, you could say for sure this is a crime movie, then also that there are martial arts aspects here, but I really don't care for fight films, so I cannot really say how good/bad they were. As for the film as a whole, I don't think it was a failure, but some moments felt pretty wrong I must say. I was not a fan of the narration at all for example, but yeah this aspect is only in it at the beginning and end, so it is tolerable. Still the movie drags more than it should have. It clearly tries to take the guilty pleasure fun film, maybe even cult movie pat, but it is only partially successful as such. There are more weaknesses than strong moments in my opinion and I also struuggled with the protagonists. They were too physically gifted to be seen as likable fools, but also not really alpüha enough to be seen as no-hostage-taken kind of characters à la Liam Neeson. Oh by the way, Laurent Daniels is in this film and this comment goes especially out to fans of the German daily soap opera Gute Zeiten Schlechte Zeiten, not today, but already 20 years ago or so when he was much younger and had not half the muscles he has now. You hardly recognize him. I know I almost didn't if that name had not soounded familiar. Apart from that, I must say I am also not a huge fan of the title here. It was a close call for me eventually not if I would recommend this film, but on the contrary if I thought it was just weak or really bad with my rating. I went for the former. All in all, you should absolutely skip the watch here and I think the rating here on imdb is too high and the film is also getting much more attention than it deserves. It is a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth and another problem was that gimmicky characters were alreaty the best you could get. There is not really one single performance that did win me over. Go for something else instead.
Behind the ball(oon)s
24 March 2019
"Inflatable Swamp" is a British 13-minute live action short film from 2010, so almost a decade old now. Writer and director is William Feroldi and this is still his only filmmaking effort until this point. Which may be a good thing unless he drastically improved. Oh well, I guess the script isn't all bad, but the story kinda is. It really dragged, even at considerably under 15 minutes. What a disappointment. The first half is basically the protagonist's lengthy morning routine, the second half is him having a guest for sex. The minor supposedly entertaining plot points like the head-in-water scene in the bathtub, the blue balloons in the bathroom or the pieces of cake seem half-baked (no pun intended) and just for the sake of it instead of telling a quality story. So this is eventually the epitome of an empty style-over-substance gay-themed movie we have here. I am saying this despite certainly not liking or approving of the term "gay-themed" because there are no hetero-themed films either and the sexuality of certain characters should never be enough as a motivation for somebody to watch a movie really, especially if this aspect even results in people overrating a genuinely weak film like this one here only because of the characters' sexual preferences. This was not a good watch. Go skip it and it certainly does not say anything positive about the long-running Boys on Film series if they picked this one up for the 10th installment. or you can also see it the other way around that it does not say anything positive about gay-themed films nowadays (or a decade ago) if bad production like this one are considered among the best the year has to offer. In short, don't watch. Definitely avoid at all costs.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The BRIT Awards 2017 (2017 TV Movie)
British music (awards) hitting rock bottom
24 March 2019
What we got here are "The BRIT Awards 2017", as the title already gives away, an awards ceremony from 2017 from the UK and as the titles does not state it specifically, let me say that this is a music awards show only, nothing about film in here. Unfortunately. Unfortunately? I am not sure as looking at these winners we got here, the winners for films would probably not be the most deserving ones either. Anyway, this one runs for over 105 minutes, so by awards show standards, it is still not too long, but also not really short. Now lets go into detail here. The two hosts were pretty painful to watch and not half as funny and witty as they thought they were, which is really not a good thing if we take into account that the BAFTAs had Fry during that time and the music equivalent got these two. In general, there is good reason these aren't any more known really despite being perhaps the biggest British awards show these days in terms of music. The execution is just as shoddy as the winners. I don't mind particularly the likes of Katy Perry and Bruno Mars and a few others performing here despite nit being British, but well as a consequence of all that, it is also an awards show that barely deserves the title at all as it is stuffed with mediocre stage performances instead of just focusing mostly on the awards the actual process of handing out these awards felt like side action eventually next to all these songs performed on stage. And that is a negative deal breaker for any awards show and it happens far too often nowadays. If at least the performances had been slightly memorable. But this fits 2 or 3, nothing more. One would be Chris Martin's tribute to George Michael that was good and the idea of them basically performing a direct duet was nice. And even there I have to say "but" because this came after they messed up the in memoriam sequence badly. I won't go into detail how, but you will know it when you see it with how they combined names and music in the background. How disgraceful to all these really gifted artists that died that year. One of them would be Leonard Cohen and the way they handled it, I almost would have preferred him to be forgotten. Well, he was later on when he lost an award to Drake (pre God's Plan) and this is when the show really hit rock-bottom. Or is it? Maybe that moment also was when One Direction won the audience award for a 4th (or so, couldn't care less) time in a row. Are they still heading in one direction or are solo plans a thing again right now? Honestly, I don't care (even if they shoved their category and wish to call for this category into our faces), but they are the epitome of mediocre boy group these days. The female equivalent to them (well slightly better perhaps) started the show and it is a bit embarrassing how Little Mix is shoved into our faces these days due to the big name Americans (many of them overrated) they worked with in the last couple years. Shame they'll never make it this big. They are miles and miles below the likes of Spice Girls, All Saints, Atomic Kitten etc. and will never get anywhere near them. But they don't have to in order to be (commercially) successful these days with the sad state of affairs (British) music is in these days. This was also confirmed by Robbie Williams at the end of the show. Guy is in his mid-40s now and still better than most of the rest while not being particularly good anymore either if you compare his recent stuff to what he did 15 years ago, some truly amazing numbers. So is there anything postive to say here about this event? I am genuinely struggling with one. Ed Sheeran is so overrated that it makes me cringe and no he does not belong on the top honestly. Nowhere near, even if the abysmal host wants us to think so. Oh yeah, Adele winning something like a career achievement award (so did Williams, but in the most forgettable way) was not exactly the show's best moment, even if she has some songs I like. David Bowie I like too and always nice to see him get awards recognition, even if I was not too big on his final works sadly and I think they only gave it to him because it was Bowie. May he still rest in peace, he came up with some amazing stuff during his career. The breakthrough act winner did not sound too bad admittedly. And Ellie Goulding is a cutie. Apart from that, these awards have a long and hard way to go to become watchable again. Boy was this a mess. Highly not recommended.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Prison of Hell: K3 (2009 Video)
Badly executed in its entirety
24 March 2019
"Prison of Hell: K3" is a German adult movie from 2009, sot his one has its 10th anniversary this year. Happy birthday? Or more like unhappy birthday overall as it probably would have been better for everybody had this never been made. It was written and directed by Andreas Bethmann, one of his more recent efforts, and runs for 105 minutes approximately. Bethmann himself also acts in here and if you know a bit about his films in the past, then you also won't be too surprised to see Thomas Kercmar on board as well. These are the two most known names we have here. If you take a look at the cast list, you will find more pseudonyms and aliases than real names and most of these (female actresses) have probably seen more experience in adult films than anything else. The movie we got here starts with a scientist who is on the run from a prison where seemingly all the female inmates get humiliated. Okay. This approach is one that throws us directly into the movie, one where we see a scene from much later in the film early on and later again when we find out how it came to said scene, actually almost at the ending already. But this is where the problems already start in terms of plot and story-telling (or lack thereof). What does she tell us right away? She knows one or several women are humiliated here, so what did she do? She fled from prison to help these poor souls. Okay. I mean sure why not, it's not that anybody would care she is gone right? Or do something against it. Later we at least find out she disguised herself in a prison employee's uniform to get out. I mean sure why not, it's not as if anybody would have minded as long as she wears that uniform right? So now you already know that storytelling is definitely not this film's strongest factor. If there is any strong factor here at all. You could say all the film is about is depicting sex scenes, sometimes oral, sometimes more, and you wouldn't be wrong. And when the inmates here are not humiliated for once and sexually abused by the guards or the sadistic lesbian warden, then they have nothing better to do than masturbate or just have sex with each other. I am sure that is close to reality.

The really anti-woman thing here isn't really the sex scenes. It is basically how all these female characters were written, especially the scientist I mentioned earlier and after what we find out about her, she is more like a lunatic or person with many disorders than really somebody who is a scientist. If that is supposed to be the definition of strong female character writing in Bethmann's universe, then that is a sad state of affairs. By the way said island seems to be rather small and same applies to the prison I guess as we constantly see the same people regardless of if we are talking about inmates or guards. It is also of course a very violent movie. Unless you're hardened up, stay away. The toughest scenes to see may be thos when we see a rotten corpse filled with maggots out there, of course this had to be included twice, a woman being shot off her entire head, several counts of rape, how one woman gets basically cut into pieces violently by a sadistic bald retarded butcher and so on. So a lot of blood in here for sure. But also there, it is not a realistic film. I mean when that woman near the end gets a knife through her forehead, a little bandage and she is basically fine again despite the heavy bloodshed until the scene I just mentioned continues. Now is there anything positive to say about the film? Maybe that on 2 or 3 occasions, there is some guilty pleasure potential. Like when we have one character randomly remove her upper clothes while talking about some devastating cries of pain and humiliation she hears from the room next door. Or the bald retarded butcher I mentioned already. Or how bad everything is really here and how very well aware they are, even if they do sound like having the intention to make a better film than this turned out to be. Also on a slightly positive note, the actresses here are more attractive than they usually are in films like this. Well, I don't know if you can really call them actresses as they are truly bad needs to be stated. Not that the men are any better. All in all, it is a disastrously weak outcome and I give it a big thumbs-down. The scenes outside are also not beautiful in terms of cinematography or so. It is a failure from start to finish and also way too long for its own good. Highly not recommended. Bethmann has not made a new film for a couple years now and looking at the horrendous quality here, one can only hope it stays that way. The fact that his work we have here is not going for forced happy ending and plot twists and a powerful female winner at the end (well there is one, but not the one you may expect or cheer for) is only keeping the film from being 100% garbage and even more unrealistic, but 98-99% isn't a good number either. Really don't watch.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Madonna: Secret (1994 Video)
Madonna at her more essential
23 March 2019
This is the music video for the song "Secret" by Madonna back in 1994. It runs for slightly under 4.5 minutes and was directed by Melodie McDaniel, who was worked in other departments on other Madonna music videos too, not her only effort for the Queen of Pop, if you want to call her like that, even if her most known work is perhaps Cranberries' Linger. Or actually this one here, which was a pretty big hit back in the day and surprisingly not too many remember it today and I have to include myself here too. By the way, McDaniel also worked on Se7en, but as the (wo)man in charge music videos were sort of her thing. Okay, enouh from her now. This one has its 25th anniversary this year, which means Madonna, now 60, was around the age of 35 when she made it. I kinda liked it visually, didn't love it, but liked it, probably because I am generally a sucker for b&w. It does look artistic and it is a work of simplicity for Madonna and fairly essential without big effects, costumes or controversy. I wish she could return to that approach at some point again as she could very well be making music for the next 10-15 years still. On the downside, the song didn't do too much for me, even if Madonna's voice elevated it a bit. It is not as catchy as I would have liked it to be and also lyrics-wise okay at best. So it is a very close call, but as we are on the movie website here, I will give it a thumbs-up because I believe seeing this one with the video is better than just listening to the record. By the way, fans of The Wire, keep your eyes open for the young Michael Kenneth Williams here. Not one of my favorites from Madonna, bot eventually good enough to give it a listen. And watch. Go for it.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Der verlorene Sohn (2009 TV Movie)
An interesting idea, but goes too much for the obvious
22 March 2019
"Der verlorene Sohn", which means "The Lost Son", is a German television movie from 2009, so this one has its 10th anniversary this year. Like most other small screen released movies here in Germany, this one runs for approximately 90 minutes, slightly under in fact. The director is Nina Grosse and the script is another collaboration by father and daughter Breinersdorfer and the former is certainly more known for examplefor his work on the Oscar-nominated Sophie Scholl. But we spoke about that one on another occasions. Lets take a look at this one here. It is about a young man who comes back to Germany after his imprisonment ended and he had been in prison because he was convicted for his connections to Islamic terrorism. He himself converted to Islam and the question if he is a terrorist himself is always at the center of this movie. This is okay because it keeps up the suspense. The problem is that there is really almost nothing else to this movie. I am not a fan of Kostja Ullmann at all and his turn here did not change anything about that. Admittedly, it was a very ungrateful role you could say. Most of the time, he just had to be quiet and make an expression as if he just isn't in the mood for anything. Now there are more challenging moments like the meltdown after the big handball game, but Ullmann definitely did not nail these either. Besides, there is a difference between giving a quietly convincing performance and giving a lackluster performance and for K.U. it is certainly closer to the latter. The again, his entire role feels just theer to get the most memorable and baitiest (does such a word exist??) performance out of female lead actress Katja Flint who palys his mother struggling with her desperate attemmpts to welcome him back in the family and reintegrate him going up against not only the young man's own struggles, but also the other brother being clearly overwhelmed by the situation.

Okay the references about Islam are not particularly smart I must say, but not really bad either. But as a whole, the film feels rather empty and the question if he is evil or not (just misguided) alone is not enough to carry the movie for 1.5 hours, even if I was curious about the final sequence telling us the answer. Well, they somehow did tell us the answer there, even if it was not 100% safe. I will spare you the details from the unnecessary spoiler perspective. But let me say that the idea that the mother and other sun chase him down at the station is pretty exaggerated with no police around and did not feel too realistic. Oh well, actually there is police around, namely one police officer who is clearly not ready to come with the situation and starts crying while Flint's character next to her gets the most stereotypical and unspired powerful woman approach. They really messed up there a theoretically fine ending. At least at its very core. Anyway, the rest of the cast is not too known. Ferydoni is really easy on the yes and has played in a few known films and series too, so maybe she is the third most famous actor in here. I did like Wölbern too, who gives an okay performance as a character that has very little to work woth. Generally the way police are depicted in here is pretty embarrassing and has little to do with reality. I mean when all of a sudden they really find the young man's ally, the French guy, now that was ridiculous. Or how they are too late etc. I think they also could have used police to come up with a better ending. For example it could have been interesting if the other guy (the Frenchie) had been an undercover agent or so, of course only with proper elaboration and build-up. Otherwise it would have been even worse. Overall, it is an average quality German television film where nothing stands really out and I wonder how this film would look like in the days of way over-the-top political correctness here in Germany if it had been made today. Probably there would be no mention specifically of Islam or so. But yeah, they just made it too easy for themselves with the video on his laptop, the mother suddenly cooperating with the police out of nowhere and also the end that I already wrote a lot about. Don't watch.
Fuses (1969)
Porn disguised as art aka one of the defining sexperimental movies
22 March 2019
"Fuses" is an American short film from 1969, so this one has its 50th anniversary this year. The writer and director and lead actress here is Carolee Schneemann, who was slightly under the age of 40 when this was made and her co-lead here is her then-husband James Tenney. Funnily (nor not so funnily) they were already divorced when the film came out. The two are having sex here, there is no need to talk around it. And it is an experimental movie, so if you wanna say so, call it Brakhage meets Kim Kardashian. It is very explicit. The style and experimental component hides only very little. Full frontal nudity on several occasions, a woman enjoying coitus ecstatically and on another occasion she has her man's genital in her mouth. Don't think something is wrong with the video because there is no audio here, it is a silent movie. But yeah, in exchange for said silence you get enough video action. I personally cannot really say I enjoyed the watch too much. Certainly not as much as its two stars. It's probably not even particularly interesting if you are very horny. The colors are more on the annoying side, at least to me and I found them rather distracting than adding something of quality. Now you shouldn't speak badly about the dead, so I stop now. Tenney is dead for a long time already and Schneemann died earlier this month around the age of 80. This is probably her most known career effort from a not truly prolific or long career, so I guess I don't have o hate myself for never having heard her name. If everything else is euqally low quality as this one here, I certainly haven't been missing much. Watch something else instead.
Anukul (2017 TV Short)
Sadly this one struggles with realism too like many other Indian movies
22 March 2019
"Anukul" is an Indian Hindi-language live action short film from 2017, so still relatively new. This one runs for 22 minutes almost and was directed by prolific filmmaker Sujoy Ghosh, who is also one of the writers here. Kinda surprising to see this short film has despite its running time no less than four writers. And yet, or maybe because of that, the outcome is very mediocre. You probably don't get sci-fi films from India that frequently, just a wild guess, I am not really too aware of the country's most picked genres by filmmakers. Here we have the story of a man who buys a robot (that strongly resembles a younger man) to help him with the work at his house. And he treats him with dignity and respect. You could argue if the title character here is really the protagonist or if his owner is. Anyway, said owner has a brother who is a loser that drinks alcohol all the time you could say. When he comes to the house the first time, he "kills" the robot. Well, the robot can be repaired and returns to the house when one day the brother reappears with some good and some bad news. Anyway, I will not spoiler the big plot twist at the end, but instead elaborate on why I think this was not a good movie. I think the general idea and plot and also the ending weren't too bad, but sadly it happens so many times that these Indian (short) films in their desperate shot at significance neglect attention to detail. Some examples: Would he really leave his brother alone with the robot after what happened the first time? Or would he let his brother in his house? The lightning / electric shock parallel felt very clumsy honestly from the storytelling perspective. By the way, also did not feel too realistic that the thunder came from one second to the next. And what was up with this inheritance? Please don't tell me his father died and everything is fixed already as the brother said and the central character does not know one bit about it. By the way, (SPOILER ALERT) I wonder what happened to science if a doctor cannot see the difference between a heart attack and an electric shock. I mean the skin clearly must show signs of that right? I am not a doctor, but I think that would be the case. Now as for the killing itself at the end, you could wonder how intentional it was from the robot butler and also from his owner and discuss subjects like moral in here. Anyway, the poster that basically says he is not human, but he is humane clearly feels fairly pretentious. Now almost everything I said is about the second half ogf the film, probably even the last third, but yeah the first half wasn't much better. Not gonna go a whole lot into detail here, but these moments when the robot and his owner discuss the difference between doing the right thing and the wrong thing and how it is linked to perspective as well as 2 or 3 other "deep" talks did not feel too authentic. Same about the piano playing, even if the soundtrack was probably still among the film's stronger sides. Another thing I found utterly pretentious were the exact words from the robot about his act of violence towards the end. All in all, you can also say the film could have needed more shades beyond two good guys and one bad guy (is this really true?) and a woman who literally adds nothing. I give this movie a thumbs-down. Watch something else instead.
Mostly shallow and weak
22 March 2019
This is the music video for the song Wolves from 2017, runs for 3.5 minutes and the song is by Selena Gomez of course. It was a decent hit for her, Top20 in America, better positions in other countries, while not being a huge success. I have never heard of Marshmello, but as there is nobody else singing here I assume he is the DJ? Doesn't metter anyway really because overall, this music video is about nobody but Selena Gomez. I have been harsh on her about other music videos and songs, so if I say here this is by far not her worst career effort, this does not mean that this one was good, just that she has been truly bad on other occasions and here she isn't. So yeah this one's pretty mediocre in terms of her singing. The song is mildly catchy, but the lyrics are empty as almost always for her and most other pop starlets these days. I mean the inclusion of wolves as the song-defining word is truly embarrassing and cringeworthy if we take a look at how it's been used here. If you have heard the song, you know what I mean. Visually, it is really as good as it could be for a film / music video recorded in an empty swimming pool. Sadly, they clearly used Gomez' looks, outfit and make-up to draw attention away most of the time from the beautiful shots. I still wonder why Gomez is famous. Her singing is nothing remotely special or genuinely talented. I think that Bieber story helped her a lot, but yeah that's long gone too and still she is successfully in the spotlight. But we cannot really blame her, it's the fans and people with questionable taste in music that are the reason. Her music video here gets a thumbs-down from me. Not recommended.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Genuinely mediocre from every perspective
22 March 2019
This is the song "Stressed Out" (or lets say the music video for said song) by "Twenty One Pilots" released back in 2015, so this one is less than 5 years old now and it managed far over 1.5 billion (!) views on Youtube. Director is Mark C. Eshleman and it looks as if he has made all the 21P music videos. Or at least really many. This one we got here runs for under 4 minutes and is about the band members' pasts, their very young years you could say. But it never feels like a personal video whatsoever. The lyrics basically say they are thinking of the days when their mothers sang lullabies to them, but now they are stressed out. Yep that's the story behind the song title. Add to that that on one occasion we see the lead duo's siblings and parents in the most shallow fashion and really most desperate attempt to make this look like a personal thingey. I found it cringeworthy and honestly the only reason why I am not giving this an even lower rating is because here and there it is milcly catchy. But to me I really don't see any reason why you would want to watch the video instead of just listening to the record. Not a creative achievement by any means. Normally change would have been good with all this forgettable mediocrity, but the rapping part (including the red eyes) at the end is even worse honestly. So yeah, a definite thumbs-down from me and 2 out of 5 is still on the generous side. But yeah, stating the amount of clicks this generated proves really that anybody can make it big (on Youtube) these days. If that is something positive, it's up to you to decide. Also we cannot really blame these sub-par artists (have heard the name of the band before, but that's it) if simple people appreciate their stuff big style. These are the problem.
Koxa (2017)
I am not sure if this film wants to be taken seriously at all
21 March 2019
"Koxa" is a German German-language full feature film from 2017, so still relatively new. This one runs for 85 minutes approximately and was directed by Ekrem Engizek. This was his very first filmmaking credit and samek can be said about basically all the actors in here, who have (according to imdb) never been in a film before this one and for some it will probably stay their only performance. The title here is the German slang word for "cocaine user", or well lets say the way somebody would write this slang word if he knows nothing about spelling. Kinda fitting as seeming Engizek also knew nothing about filmmaking either here. It clearly shows. I cannot even blame the actors. Some of them are tolerable taking into account they have no experience and a lot of the time I had the impression I was actually watching real Turks in Stuttgart. This South German city is where the film is set, but that does not play a role (unless another reviewer, who was probably part of the crew or so) and the film could have been setg anywhere else really because this is not a film you will appreciate more if you are from Stuttgart. As for the story, well we have a bunch of small time crooks suddenly taking care of a big cocaine shipment, a challenger that goes clearly above their talents where you could say marijuana is probably the limit. I don't mind the film ot making a powerful anti-drug statement because then I could also be angry at Tarantino or so for promoting violence, but yeah the key is of course the artistic component. And the writing / story-telling. Nothing to be proud of for this movie in these fields. The boys constantly insult each other (occasionally in a friendly way), beat of their girls, are threatened by other criminals or just sit around all day doing nothing. It is not an interesting film by any means. If there is any reason to watch this one, then this would be perhaps from the guilty pleasure perspective. The characters are so dumb and simple-minded occasionally that itg is almost funny to watch them and what their one-dimensional minds plan next. But also from this perspective, it simply isn't fun enough and 3 or 4 of these moments that had me laugh (no idea if intentionally or unintentionally) are definitely not enough, not even for a relatively short film like this one. I hope that really everybody who worked on this movie will step things up in the future if they plan on having a longer career in the movie industry. "Koxa" is truly a mess from beginning to end yep I am kinda glad it was this short. What else can I say? Oh yeah the tagline making a connection to the drugs used in here "Ein Film zum Reinziehen" (cannot translate that properly without losing the meaning and too lazy to explain it now, German will understand) is just as cringeworthy as everything else. I am not sure what kind of longtime consumption is more dangerous to your health: this film or the drug it is about. I say about both (luckily about the latter not from personal experience: Keep your distance. Highly not recommended.
Ulysse (1983)
The story behind the photo is not really interesting enough
21 March 2019
"Ulysse" is a French French-language short film from 1983 written and directed by Agnès Varda, not one of her earliest or more recent works, even if this one is already over 35 years old. Varda is over 90 nowadays and managed her first Oscar nomination a little while ago for a film that is about photographs of faces. And if you have seen a bit of her earlier works, also like this one here, then you will understand why photographs have always been a subject dear to her heart. I can see that and why this film we have here means something to her, even if it is nowhere near her most seen works, not even if we focus on her short films. It was an okay watch. Varda elaborates on a photograph she took a long time ago and tries to find the people depicted on there and talk to them. Or elaborate on all the creatures on this photo you could say because you also see a dead goat. Well, I personally must say how she randomly made a connection to Picasso and other inclusions of goats in art did feel a bit pretentious. Also is it really artistic or creative if you have a goat eat a photo that shows a dead goat. I am struggling with this one here and maybe the Césars liked it a bit too much as they handed an award to Varda for her effort here. I have seen better from her. Another thing that can be noted is that this one is partially in black-and-white, which won't surprise you if you know a bit about Varda, but not too common for early 1980s, but then again it is a journey into the past so it makes sense. Overall, these minimally over 20 minutes did not impress me enough for a positive recommendation. My suggestion is to skip the watch and go for something else instead.
Focused summary about everything that mattered in 1960s Cuba
21 March 2019
"Salut les Cubains" is as the title already impliese a little documentary movie about Cuba. This was released back in 1972, so it will soon have its 50th anniversary, but actually it was made in 1963 already, which means it will soon have its 60th anniversary. The director here is Belgian filmmaker Agnès Varda, who was in her 30s during that time and is now in her early 90s. She is also one of the two narrators here. The other would be prolific actor Michel Piccoli, who is even older now than Varda. The documentary is in black-and-white, which is a bit of a pity because it lacks all the beautiful colors Cuba has to offer this way. It runs for 27.5 minutes, so it really isn't a long watch. Well, one thing I am not yet really sure if I liked it or not here is that this one consists mostly of stills one after the next and not really of video recordings. But it does not take anything away really and the quality may not have been too different if it included (more) actual video recordings. One thing I would like to emphasize here is that this is a better watch for people who don't know too much about Cuba than those who are experts on the subject already. Historians will certainly not learn anything new. But curious n00bs (lets call them that) will find out quitze a bit about what went on in Cuba back then with focus on politics, art, paintings, music, movies and a whole lot more. I think this one is worth seeing and it shows you how long recent first-time Oscar nominee Varda has been making movies as this may have been an early career effort, but not a very early by her. I have seen some other really old stuff from her that I liked less than this one. Go for it if you get a hand on it and if you aren't fluent in French (and check out the original, not sure there even exist dubbed versions of this one here), then make sure you get a good set of subtitles. I'm pretty sure this one is not really too easy to find these days, but if you manage to get your hand on a copy, check it out. Most likely you will not be disappointed.
Act Da Fool (2010)
You a fool if you watch
21 March 2019
"Act Da Fool" is an American short film that runs minimally over 250 seconds, which is still under 5 minutes and was written and directed by Harmony Korine. Korine is probably most known to this day for his work on "Spring Breakers", a film I did anjoy quite a bit, but he is/was also a prolific short film director and here we got one of his neither least nor most known efforts from this genre and it was released back in 2010, so almost 10 years old now. The cast, if you even want to call it that, consists of a group of young Black woman who drink alcohol, pose for the camera and riot a bit. Well, not really riot, they destroy tires or so, but it is shown as fake slow motion, so it does look fairly harmless overall. There is frequently a chilling, maybe even soothing tone to Korine's work and this is also probably true for this one here. Well, with a whole lot imagination because it is fairly difficult to call something soothing if lacks an artistic impact from basically every perspective. This also applies to the narrator here, one of the girls obviously and honestly after seeing this little movie Ican perfectly understand why none of these have ever appeared in a film before or after this one. And most likely never will. It wasn't a good watch. Style over substance is something Korine has been struggling in many of his works and this is just another that fits the description. Admittedly he hasn't gotten much help here from anybody else of his cast and crew. Big failure. Very uninteresting. Watch something else instead.
The Procedure (I) (2007)
Take care of your frontal lobe
21 March 2019
Here we got "The Procedure", a really short comedy film from 2007 that stays under the 4--minute mark and was written and directed by Adam McKay who has had a great breakthrough in full feature films with several Oscar nominations in recent years. Here we got an earlier work from him that is over a decade old. Dafoe is the lead actor, Will Ferrell is of course known as well and maybe some will even recognize Ana Gasteyer. This is the story of a man who struggles with too much stress at work. What is a good way to relieve stress? That's right. Music. Your favorite song in particular. Anyway, so what could you do. Perhaps have a "harmless" (that was perhaps the funniest moment given the picture, and the scars afterwards) surgery that will put you a chip with right inside your brain and the consequence is you will be relaxed your entire life listening to your favorite song 24/7. Or will you? Watch for yourself what Dafoe makes of this premise. he is genuinely brilliant here and probably almost the only reason why I am giving this 3 stars out of 5 and not just 2. His final face expression is priceless. Okay I will admit I am not unbiased. I like him a lot also in other projects and was a positive surprise to see him score Oscar nominations again in rcenet years. Shame his movie is so underseen. But yeah, maybe he can get an Oscar in the coming years at some point. As for this short here, I really wondered at the end why this guy also got a chip if he was so rigorously opposed to the idea. We'll never know. But it is a fun watch if you aren't expecting greatness. If you like Dafoe, then go check it out. For me, it's a thumbs-up.
Highly forgettable musical
21 March 2019
"Two Hearts in Wax Time" or "The Department Store" is an American live action short film from 1935, so this one is almost 85 years old, maybe more already depending on when you read this review. No director credited here and the cast includes a colorfil mix of actors that have 2 credits and others that have several hundreds. No big names though. Making fun of alcohol(ism) was pretty much a big thing that time and maybe we can learn a bit about (lack of) political correctness from those folks back then. This is a musical by the way and I generally like musicals, but this one here did not do very much for me. Not much either. The singing wasn't all bad, but the songs forgettable and not one bit catchy. The inclusions of famous Asian characters as well as Frankenstein's monster felt very much for the sake of it as a story line is virtually non-existent in this short film. What else can I add. Oh yeah, most notably this is in color, which is really not common for live action (short) films from the 1930s. Don#t think because it happened more and more in animation that it was a thing for non-animated films too now. The consequence is that looks-wise it isn't too bad honestly, could have been from the 50s or 60s too if I hadn't known the year beforehand. But I guess they thought this way they can make up and have people forget about solid omissions story- and music-wise. Not I. Watch something else instead.