Reviews

More scares than Chapter 1
7 September 2019
Unlike some of the bad review posted, I thought Chapter 2 had more creepy Pennywise moments that scared me. I got so into the story that it didn't feel S if I was watching an almost 3 hour movie. Unlike some recent films, I didn't have any head nodding off moments. At the end I wasn't leaving feeling unsatisfied and actually took to heart what was said as tears filled my eyes. This isn't meant to be a sequel but the rest of the It story. Unlike others I enjoy comic relief when I being frightened. Good scares and story that is worth the $!
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than expected
11 August 2019
This movie (while the premise to me seemed far fetched and stupid) was actually scary. Once I got past knowing this wasn't going to "make sense" as to why this entity was taking children I just let myself enjoy being scared and jumping at various parts. Definitely recommend for a good scream.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not as scary as advertised
11 August 2019
Ok so not realizing this was based on a children's book series my husband and I thought we would have a good scare seeing this movie. Even took our adult daughter with us (who didn't bother to mention these books she read in elementary school). Anyway...found myself feeling like I was watching Nickelodeon and my husband even fell asleep. Giving 5 rating because kids (13-16yrs old) might enjoy the movie. Next time I'm going to research before going to another scary movie again.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Handmaid's Tale: Heroic (2019)
Season 3, Episode 9
Better than reviews...
30 July 2019
This episode really shows June's decent into madness and her getting her empathy and purpose back. Her mean girl mentality the episode before caused this tragedy and we needed to see June her out of that state. If this episode didn't happen everyone would wonder how she got her head back on track to save the children of Gilead.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cold Pursuit (2019)
Revenge served swift and cold!
9 February 2019
Loved this film for what it was...pure action with a side of dark humor. Highly recommend for genuine entertainment. (On a side note: For those boycotting film for something Liam said in interviews please remember the old saying.."people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.")
63 out of 93 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice and Twisty
14 September 2018
While this movie is far fetched it is one of the better entertaining twisty movies. Blake and Anna compliment each other and are a delight on screen. I don't know about you but I go to a movie to be entertained and I certainly was from start to finish!
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Castle Rock (2018– )
Engaging mystery
26 July 2018
So far these first episodes are not only pulling you into the twisted web of Stephen King's fictional town but keeping you interested in what's to come next. It's fun to see elements of his stories intertwined together and I can't wait to find out the mystery that is this town of Castle Rock!
46 out of 94 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.