Reviews

1,753 Reviews
Star Knight (1985)
Medieval Fantasy X Alien Star Knight
14 March 2019
Starring Klaus Kinski, Harvey Keitel, Fernando Rey - these guys are entertaining as usual... fun performances to watch.

It's an okay story - not grand but there are worse films out there to watch. This one is entertaining in a strange way. It is what it is: a medieval fantasy meets a space alien who becomes a "Star Knight".

Only one major flaw: The breathing. The alien could not breathe Earth's atmosphere so has to wear his armor to breathe but there is a point at the end where Klever ends up in the outfit - how is he breathing in it if the space suit has air the alien can breathe in? Also Fray Lupo ends up in the space ship without a space suit to breathe in - yet he's breathing just fine. -- Maybe the space suit and space ship adjusts so the person in it can breathe?

Overall - really corny fun! I enjoyed it in a strange sorta way.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pleasantly Stupid - Right Trumpy?
14 March 2019
No it's not a good movie - yes it's so stupid it's entertaining.

I wouldn't go out of my way to see this film - but since it came in my 50-pack of Sci-Fi films I watched it and got a kick out of it to a degree. I got quite a few giggles watching this one. It's no match for Spielberg's "E.T." but it is a fun to watch bad film.

3.5/10
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Menace from Outer Space (1956 TV Movie)
Cheesy Camp
14 March 2019
A 2-part episode that was put together to create one movie.

I'm not thrilled with the Rocky Jones episodes - the show seem to be geared more towards a much younger audience than for the mature crowd and maybe why I can't get into the series of films.

If you want something very different and more "fun" in Sci-Fi then you might like these films - you can expect lots of cheese and camp.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Crash of Moons (1954 TV Movie)
I Guess They Tried
14 March 2019
Well, they tried I guess - an "E" for Effort???

It pains me to think about this movie. It's 3 episodes put together for one film. It is as boring and cheesy as it gets. Listen, I enjoy my cheesy "B" films but this one is just a real snooze fest.

Maybe if I was a little kid I would like this - maybe. But as it is, I'm older and do not care for this at all.

Watch this only if you are super bored and really want to watch something that is super boring so you can be extra bored. -- Yes it's that bad.

Fun and Informative
16 February 2019
For those that are new to the world of Tolkien - this is the documentary for you. If you are well seasoned on Tolkien it's still a wonderful way to have all the information of how Tolkien influenced pop culture in one film.

I enjoyed it.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sharpe's Eagle (1993 TV Movie)
Good Film
21 September 2018
I've never read any of Bernard Cornwell's books but I can say the Sharpe film series is well worth watching.

In this episode Sharpe vows to restore the regiment's honour by capturing a French Imperial standard: the Eagle.

1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sharpe's Rifles (1993 TV Movie)
Entertaining Rifles
20 September 2018
Sharpe has been promoted from a field commission to a lieutenant in order to lead the Chosen Men to find a missing man James Rothschild. One of Sharpe's men commits mutiny. Sharpe and the Chosen Men end up meeting Commandante Teresa Moreno and Major Blas Vivar. Sharpe's group escorts the two of them to Torrecastro so they can raise a very old flag in hopes the people will see it and rally against the French. Sharpe's gets the girl in the end.

Jacob (1994 TV Movie)
Good Adaptation
20 September 2018
Straight out of the Book of Genesis. The story of Jacob that becomes the father of Israel and his brother Esau who fathers the nation of Edom.

Good casting - well acted. I will be honest, I would have enjoyed the film better if Sean Bean played Jacob (but he did play Esau - the reason I watched the movie).

It's a rather slow story - but fine if you like Biblical Tales.

Flightplan (2005)
Enjoyable Thriller
20 September 2018
Kyle Pratt's (Foster) husband died. She is flying the body of her dead husband home and leaving with her daughter Julia. Sometime after take off Kyle and Julia go to a row of seats that no one is in so they can both stretch out and sleep better. When Kyle awakes her daughter is gone and after a while she begins to look like a mad woman looking for a 6 year old girl that no one has seen. Is Kyle crazy or has someone taken her daughter?

I enjoyed the film quite a lot. It's a good watch if you enjoy mystery-thrillers.

Game of Thrones (2011– )
Outstanding Series
19 September 2018
There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said: It's a fantastic series.

I did not see this series for a few years - didn't have the means to do so. I finally bought the series on DVD to watch because I HAD to see this series. I knew I would love it - and others that have seen it kept reminding me of it and telling me I must watch it! I'm glad others prodded me about it and happy I bought it for viewing. I fell in-love as I knew I would. I will buy Season 8 when it comes out - I have to see the ending and complete the set.

If you still haven't seen this series and love medieval fantasy then I highly recommend this for viewing - I would prod you to watch as I was - you won't be disappointed!

1 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Game of Thrones: The Dragon and the Wolf (2017)
Season 7, Episode 7
Season Finale Is Okay
19 September 2018
Season 7, episode 7. Everyone gets together to discuss the fate of Westeros against the White Walkers. Cersei is pregnant. Theon goes to rescue Yara. Sam finally reaches Winterfell. We learn who Jon Snow really is. The White Walkers reach The Wall.

0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Game of Thrones: Beyond the Wall (2017)
Season 7, Episode 6
It's An Okay Episode
19 September 2018
Season 7, episode 6. Jon and men want to prove to the two queens the White Walkers are real - they go out to capture one but things go wrong, Daenerys shows up with her dragons and one of them dies north of The Wall.

1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Game of Thrones: Eastwatch (2017)
Season 7, Episode 5
Not Bad
19 September 2018
Season 7, episode 5. Daenerys wants the Lannister Soldiers to "bend the knee" to her. Jon heeds the warning of his brother Bran about the White Walkers. Cersei vows, as usual, to let no one or nothing stand in her way.

6.5/10
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Game of Thrones: The Spoils of War (2017)
Season 7, Episode 4
Not A Bad Episode
19 September 2018
Season 7, episode 4. Arya reaches Winterfell and speaks with Sansa. Bronn takes Jaime under the city to meet with a surprise - Tyrion who tells Jaime of the White Walkers - that Cersei must know. Jon and his group must capture a White Walker to convince the two queens: Daenerys and Cersei.

7.5/10
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Game of Thrones: The Queen's Justice (2017)
Season 7, Episode 3
Very Interesting
19 September 2018
Season 7, episode 3. Jon and Daenerys meet and discuss an alliance - both uneasy about it. Jon is more concerned over the White Walkers coming while Daenerys is more concerned of taking the Iron Throne - she does allow Jon to mine the dragon-glass. Cersei gains an ally with Euron Greyjoy who brings her a present. Jaime pays Olenna Tyrell a visit. Bran arrives at Winterfell - a reunion with Sansa but Bran need to speak with Jon. Sam is confronted about healing Jorah Mormont.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Game of Thrones: Stormborn (2017)
Season 7, Episode 2
Great Stuff
19 September 2018
Season 7, episode 2. Daenerys talks to the Red Woman. Tyrion makes battle plans with Daenerys and her allies. Tyrion sends a raven to Winterfell to ask Jon Snow to join them, Jon's allies are unsure of his departure to Dragonstone. Cersei gathers her allies. Arya learns that Jon Snow has returned to Winterfell. Sam risks it all to save Jorah Mormont from the grayscale disease. Euron Greyjoy attacks Yara and Theon's fleet - Theon gets away.

0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Game of Thrones: Dragonstone (2017)
Season 7, Episode 1
Great Season Premire
19 September 2018
Season 7, episode 1. The Hound and Beric Dondarrion are aligned - both wonder why they are still alive, Beric talks Hound into looking into the fire to see what he can see. Cersei is trying to find allies - Jaime is there to help her. Arya pays a visit to all the Freys to remind them "The North Remembers". Daenerys, Tyrion and their fleet arrive in Westeros. Sam and Gilly are adapting to their new life in Oldtown - Sam discovers a Stannis must have been correct. The Night King is making his way south.

1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Game of Thrones: The Winds of Winter (2016)
Season 6, Episode 10
Finally!
19 September 2018
Season 6, episode 10. It is Cersei and Loras Tyrell's trial day. Cersei will get her revenge. Davos confronts Melisandre about Stannis Baratheon's daughter death in front of Jon Snow. Jon Snow is declared King of the North by several houses supporting him. Sam and Gilly make it to the Citadel. Bran learns a Stark secret. Lord Frey ends up with Arya as a surprise guest. Daenerys sets sail to Westeros - finally!

3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Game of Thrones: Battle of the Bastards (2016)
Season 6, Episode 9
Love This Ending
19 September 2018
Season 6, episode 9. Theon and Yara arrive in Meereen and speak with Daenerys and Tyrion. The battle for Winterfell is here - Ramsays army against Jon's army... Sansa arrives on the battlefield with a surprise.

4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Game of Thrones: No One (2016)
Season 6, Episode 8
Not The Most Exciting Episode But It's Good.
19 September 2018
Season 6, episode 8. Brienne and Jaime meet at the Riverrun siege. Jaime speaks with Edmure Tully about the past and the current siege. Sandor Clegane (The Hound) hunts down a group that kills his new friends and runs into a group he knows. Arya's lessons are over - she is now No One, Arya Stark is going home.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Game of Thrones: The Broken Man (2016)
Season 6, Episode 7
Getting More Intersting
19 September 2018
Season 6, episode 7. Jon and Sansa are gathering troops - trying to create their army to take back Winterfell. Jaime is now head of siege at Riverrun. Olenna Tyrell is planning on leaving King's Landing and Cersei wants her to stay. Theon and Yara have taken ships - leaving their home, Yara has plans to meet with The Dragon Queen Daenerys to form an alliance. Arya tries to leave but her plans were stopped. The Hound was saved by Brother Ray.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Game of Thrones: Blood of My Blood (2016)
Season 6, Episode 6
Another Good Episode
19 September 2018
Season 6, episode 6. Arya is still in training. Bran and Meera is saved by Benjen Stark. Sam and Gilly speak with his family but leave Horn Hill together over Sam's father dismissal of Gilly and the baby. King Tommen and Queen Margery are allowed to see each other by the High Sparrow. Loras is left in prison. Margery atonement day arrives, Jaime and army comes to save her from it but there is a surprise waiting. Walder Frey has something to say to his men.

8.5/10
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Game of Thrones: The Door (2016)
Season 6, Episode 5
Lots Explained About Bran, Ice Walkers, Hodor and The Trees
18 September 2018
Season 6, episode 5. Sansa and Brienne face Littlefinger. Sansa and Jon make their plans concerning Winterfell. Ironbound has chosen their new Greyjoy ruler. Arya now Noone takes on her new assignment and sees an important play. Bran learns of the Long Night, the White Walker go after Bran and his group while Wyllis holds the door for them to escape.

1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Game of Thrones: Book of the Stranger (2016)
Season 6, Episode 4
Interesting Episode
18 September 2018
Season 6, episode 4. Sansa and Brienne arrive at Castle Black before Jon Snow left - the group is making plans, gets a threatening letter from Ramsay that tells them he's got Rickon. Tyrion still making deals. Margaery and Loras are still in prison waiting for their atonement day. Jaime and Cersei make an alliance with the Tyrells to tear down the Sparrows and the Faith Militants. Theon arrives at Pyke and talks to his sister.

0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Game of Thrones: Oathbreaker (2016)
Season 6, Episode 3
Really Enjoyed This Episode
18 September 2018
Season 6, episode 3. Sam and Gilly are sailing to Horn Hill. Ayra is still in training to become No One. Bran is still training with the three-eyed raven - sees his father when he was younger. Ramsay gets a gift of Osha and Rickon Stark. Jon wants to know what happened to him, and leaves the Nights Watch. Cersei and Jaime are still picking up the pieces. Tommen talks to the High Sparrow.

9.5/10
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.