Reviews

1,822 Reviews
The Haunted (1991 TV Movie)
Pretty Good Ghost Story
10 September 2019
Pretty good ghost story & is worth watching if you like this sorta thing but it's nothing new to see - your typical "ghost story": They move into a new place, the haunting starts slow then builds up to getting more violent, priest gets called in to bless the place which makes the ghosts/demons more angry and then they move out in the end.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Haunting of Sarah Hardy (1989 TV Movie)
YAWN! Not a Ghost Story
10 September 2019
I like Morgan Fairchild and Selea Ward but this is a terrible film. The film brings nothing new to the table - it's your basic thing: Rich woman, her husband and his lover - the husband and lover wants to drive her to suicide and take "all that money" (as they say). Nothing new - YAWN!

Good Ghost Story
10 September 2019
This one is based on Henry James' classic tale "Turn of the Screw".

This is a slower burner - it is a drama with bits of subtle spookiness at the beginning but by then end of the film there are several creepy scenes.

I can't give away the film's ending for first time viewers but I can say that Miles (the boy in the film) I wanted to paddle his butt thoughout most of the movie but towards the ending you'll understand why he acted that way - and it's sickening what was going on with him and his sister Flora. Worth watching!

"I Told Ya, They Were In A Store" - HaHa
10 September 2019
Best parts of the film is towards the beginning listing to the lady tell them "I told ya, there were in a store" -- I thought it was going to be a comedy-horror from that. The other fun part is about one hour into the flick when the Devil, Adrian aka Andrew, is rocking out at the party in his white clown face make-up!! Outside of those two things that were funny - the film is NOT worth watching.

I suggest passing this film - it really is awful.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nightmare on the 13th Floor (1990 TV Movie)
Not That Good
10 September 2019
I agree that this is sorta a Nancy Drew story as our main character, Elaine Kalisher, tries to find out what is going on - we watch her solve the mystery that we already know the answer to.

Not a great film but an okay watch for killing an hour and a half if nothing else to do or watch.

Witchboard (1986)
It's Okay
10 September 2019
This film does not have a lot of gore - but some blood. They put more into an actual story and suspense than special gory effects - which I like about the film.

The story is basically 2 men in-love with the same woman - they used to be best friends but time changed that. During the course of the film, their old friendship strengthens again but so does the Ouija. There is no real reason the Ouija does what it's doing but if it didn't we would not have a film.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Satan's School for Girls (1973 TV Movie)
It's Alright
7 September 2019
Elizabeth's sister was found hanging in Elizabeth home. Elizabeth does not believe her sister committed suicide so she joins the girl's school that her sister went to in order to conduct her own investigation as to what happened to her sister.

The title gives away the ending of the film. It's not a bad movie but not as good as I expected it to me - I had higher hopes for it.

I Was Hoping For Better
6 September 2019
I really was hoping for a better movie from this one -- not sure what I was expecting or wanting out of it but it wasn't what I got from it. The idea behind the film is good -- girl's birthday and gets a dog for a present and the family unaware that it's a demon dog but the way it was executed wasn't great.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cry Panic (1974 TV Movie)
Strange But Good Mystery-Thriller
6 September 2019
This is the first time I recall seeing this film - happy to run across it one night. It's one of the strangest films I've seen in a long while - a compliment, I love the odd.

The story is about a man named David Ryder - he's going to California for a job interview. During his trip, he accidentally hit a man, got out of the car to see about him but found him what he thinks is dead. Ryder does the right thing and finds a nearby house to call the police to report it. Things gets weird when the police show up and no dead body at the scene - leaves the question: did the man die and someone move the body or was the man still alive and got up to walk away? The film follows Ryder on the mission to find out the answers.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dead of Night (1977 TV Movie)
Mediocre Anthology
5 September 2019
The first segment is "Second Chance" - it's about a man, a car and time travel. Not bad but I do agree with others it's bit sappy.

The seconded one is "No Such Thing as a Vampire" - a little bit interesting but not as interesting as I would hope for a vampire story.

The third story is "Bobby" - A woman is home alone while her husband is away on a business trip. They have a son that has drowned, the mother decided to try to bring him back to life by a magic ritual.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Devil's Daughter (1973 TV Movie)
Disappointed In This One
5 September 2019
This one was a big let down... I expected more I guess because usually the 1970s made-for-TV films are usually pretty good but I was disappointed with this one.

A woman finds out that he's married a cult member and the devil is her father... great idea but it dragged on in several places... should have cut out some of those drawn out scenes and added some thing to the ending after the marriage.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Initiation of Sarah (1978 TV Movie)
Similar to Carrie
4 September 2019
It's true this one is similar to Carrie (1978) but in a way better. It's about two sisters that start college and want to end up in the same sorority but end up in opposing sororities. The rivalry starts heating up and stays from start to finish with a surprising little twist at the end.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
All the Kind Strangers (1974 TV Movie)
Pretty Good "Creep Kids" Film
4 September 2019
The film does get a bit interesting - it hits a couple of lulls but that doesn't last long then it picks right back up again. There is a creepiness to these kids -- not like Children of the Corn creepy but more of a subtle creepiness to them.

Fun little trivia: The $60 shoes in 1974 would cost about $316 in 2019 according to the inflation calculator.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Taste of Evil (1971 TV Movie)
Nice Little Late Night Chiller
4 September 2019
Not a bad little late night chiller-mystery to keep me interesting throughout the entire film. Atmospheric, thrilling and with a couple of plot twists.

It's always nice to see Barbara Stanwyck grace the screen and she's good as usual. Roddy McDowell is a delight! I love these old made for TV films.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Cold Night's Death (1973 TV Movie)
Decent TV Movie
4 September 2019
A researcher looses contact with the base so two more researchers are sent there with one of their own primates. When they get there the place is in shambles and they find the missing researcher appearing to be frozen to death. The two researchers then continue with the experiments but will begin to think they are not alone.

Pretty good older film. I kinda does put one in mind of John Carpenter's The Thing due to the fact there are researchers isolated in a well below freezing environment - otherwise the film is nothing like The Thing.

Who Will Win Her Heart?
12 July 2019
Chief Nocona's daughter is desired by two suitors is up to Hawkeye and Chingachgook to help keep the peace as she decides who will win her heart and hand in marriage.

We have James Doohan co-starring again - but this time he plays Tonkawa who ends up fighting Hawkeye in the end!

Beam Me Up Harris
12 July 2019
A young James Doohan co-stars in this episode as a man named Harris. Doohan is best known for his work on Star Trek as Mr. Scott aka 'Scotty'.

This is one of the better episodes you'll find of Hawkeye and the Last of the Mohicans and not because Doohan co-stars - but because it's a very interesting story of the Tuscarora tribe that going to die by either freezing or starving to death. Again, it's up to our heroes Hawkeye and Chingachkook to help them to survive the harsh winter.

Fur Traders Fight
12 July 2019
Two fur traders - one has the territory the other wants the territory for fur trading... this leads to gun more gunpowder needed to defend against the Hurons that are on the battle fields. Can Hawkeye and Chingachgook save the day again?

Murderers, Thieves & False Witnesses
12 July 2019
Someone is lying and stealing the payroll checks. It's up to Hawkeye and Chingachcook to sort though, find out who is lying, murdering and doing the thieving.

7.5/10
Best Episode
12 July 2019
Something about this episode went deep within me and I enjoyed it the most of all the episodes. It's of a Native American young man that has grown up with a white father that adopted him at a very young age. The young man learns of his true heritage and birthright - it's up to our heroes to help this family before it's too late.

Decent Episode
12 July 2019
This one is a bit of a mystery as to what has happened to the woman's son. The woman, Martha, is rescued from being kidnapped by our heroes and she tells them of the story that happened a number of years ago of her murdered husband and kidnapped son (who was 3 at the time). Our brave warriors will solve this case for better or worse.

Not Bad
12 July 2019
Hawkeye and Chingachgook help a young Irish girl named Bridget who is running away from Stark - a man claiming to own her. It's up to our heroic duo to short though and clear this matter up.

Title is Misleading
12 July 2019
The title of this episode really is misleading -- The Medicine Man doesn't play a big role - he is there for Hawkeye and Chingachgook to find but there is much more to the story than the tile suggests.

Good Episode for Halloween
12 July 2019
We've got someone in the village of Wayneville trying to scare and convince others that a witch is around putting a curse on everyone. Leave it to Hawkeye and Chingachgook to find the person or persons causing the trouble.

Ethan Allen or Robin Hood
12 July 2019
The Green Mountain Boy and Ethan Allen are fed up with the tax collectors and act like Robin Hood and his Merry Men. When things get out of hand it is up to Hawkeye and Chingachgook to sort things and set everything right again.