Reviews

Joker (I) (2019)
Outstanding movie with a haunting performance and best character development ever seen
3 October 2019
Every once in a while a movie comes, that truly makes an impact. Joaquin's performance and scenography in all it's brilliance. Grotesque, haunting and cringy. Hard to watch at times,... but so mesmerizing, you won't blink an eye watching it. Tragic, but with seriously funny moments. Emotional rollercoaster - sometimes, with multiple emotions popping-up at the same time.

this is far from a typical action-riddled predictable super-hero movie - it's a proper psychological thriller/drama, with the single best character development I have ever seen.
2,063 out of 2,342 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Revolver (2005)
Brilliant psychological movie
24 August 2019
It's not easy to find a movie, that makes you think. This one really struck a cord with me. The movie can be cryptic at times, but it kinda has it's distinctive charm precisely because of it. The plot enables the viewer to come to different conclusions and theories, but in essence, the premise is very simple and universal.

Great acting, great cinematography and a very bold production from Guy Ritchie. Multiple viewings are reccomended - seeing it for the first time 5 years ago made an impact on me, but watching it again a couple of times made some realisations stronger.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
can't understand the negativity here at all.
16 December 2017
My expectations were modest, and the movie surpassed them. Better then previous, even.

Seen all the SW movies number of times and being a fan of the saga (playing KOTOR and reading countless stories happening in the expanded universe) this movie properly moves forward with the story George invisioned. Dialogue could be a bit better at some places, but overall the movie was really good. Movie also had a couple of small funny moments that were subtle enough to not ruin the seriousness and anticipation of the plot, pleasant suprise there. Original cast - the return of Mark Hamil really adds to the whole thing for me, though he may not be the best actor on the planet. The soundtrack in Star wars movies is always good, but this movie really has a number of good variations on "Leia & Han Solo" theme, it was beautifull.

for all the Star wars fans I say: must see for the stuborn SW fans that whine at everything that is not the original trilogy I say: go watch your original trilogy DVD for the 53th time and stop complaining
18 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.