It ends... well.
4 September 2019
A lot of people seem to be put off by the long running time. I found it perfect length as it allowed me to relax into the film and I honestly couldn't see how the film could work if it was any shorter. Some of the CGI was over-egged, but the set pieces, thunderous score and acting was great - especially Hader, McAvoy and Chastain. I would've loved it to have pushed the boundaries into an 18 certificate, but I understand it would've excluded younger fans. I loved the ending, albeit in a very similar vein to part one.
98 out of 170 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Yesterday (III) (2019)
Awful
29 June 2019
As a 41-year old movie-goer and fan of the Beatles, I found this a wish-washy and quite frankly ridiculous story, which was carried only by the familiarity and love of the Beatles songs. For me, it's the worst film I've been to see at the cinema for a long time. It smacked of a poor Netflix movie and on this evidence, I'm glad Danny Boyle didn't get the 007 gig. I just found it vacuous, unnecessary and cheesy. The fab four's coat-tails must be feeling particularly worn...
28 out of 78 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Nun (2018)
Throughly enjoyed it
3 November 2018
Great film. Slower pace in the first half, but great climax.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It (I) (2017)
Brilliant
11 September 2017
Firstly, anyone who gives this 1 star out of 10 is attention seeking. It may have flaws or may not be to your liking, but it is not a 1/10 film.

As sometime who is familiar with the original mini-series, I thought this was infinitely superior. Skarsgard was amazing/creepy/hilarious/freaky and the kids were just brilliant. Great chemistry and great acting.

So many great scenes and heart-warming moments, as well as horror. It reminded me of Goonies, Beetlejuice and Monster Squad

My favourite scene was the projector scene. That's one huge clown! Haha.

I can't wait for chapter 2.
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.