Reviews

The Shunning (2011 TV Movie)
Disappointment
16 June 2019
I thought this movie would be about a shunning. That part of the movie was glossed over. I was disappointed in the movie overall because the whole Daniel story left a lot of holes, and I was waiting for birth mom and daughter to meet, and that never happened. At the end when the daughter is going to find her birth mom, I felt very let down. I didn't get to see any interaction with them. Overall, I do not recommend this movie.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Deadly Vendetta (2018 TV Movie)
Really quite awful
15 April 2019
Aired here in Canada as "Lethal Soccer Mom". One of the worst Lifetime movies ever. The acting was particularly bad. The premise was horribly silly.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Second Act (2018)
Not What I Expected
31 December 2018
Such a predictable movie; revamped Maid in Manhattan. I couldn't wait for it to be over. I would have expected more of Milo Ventimiglia.
30 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dumplin' (2018)
Liked It
22 December 2018
I really enjoy Danielle McDonald: was hoping she would sing in this movie. I thought all the characters were very good. Enjoyed the simplicity of the relationship between Bo and Will; it did not seem contrived. Loves the friendship between Ellen and Will. It is a nice movie with a nice story.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Christmas Around the Corner (2018 TV Movie)
Weird. The Actors Saved This
18 December 2018
Jamie Spilchuk and Alexandra Breckenridge and of course Jane Alexander saved this strange movie which at times was cringy. Are there still working blacksmith shops? "It's really hot in here", "Let me wash that soot off your arms", "My, there seems to be soot on your bare chest in spite of you wearing a dress shirt and jacket". :)

Definitely some sort of undercurrent LGBTQ agenda re: gay minister/priest who seemed to be conjoined to his husband. Apparently the two could not be in a scene without the other. The scene where they were dancing exuberantly was definitely awesome and cringy at the same time. Weird.

Having said all that, the acting was great. Good job to the three main actors. Very predictable storyline. An unsustainable family bookstore? Wow.
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Something Lacking
6 November 2018
There was something about this movie that was missing. Although obviously heart-breaking that the system failed her, I did not connect to the story. I foundbit boring.
5 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't Get It
6 October 2018
I was disappointed. While the acting was superb by the entire cast, I just didn't get the plot. Was Ally a sell out? Did she not care that her manager completely changed her and stripped her of her creative license? And why did Jack not have any comment about it? Or was she so happy to be accepted in the business, that she didn't care? I thought the movie would have had more depth, and the ending for me was waaaaay too predictable. Loved the music, always love Sam Elliot and Andrew Dice Clay.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Paradigm Belief of Evolution Explained
20 March 2018
I read prior negative reviews and what I have noticed is how inflammatory and angry the reviews are. It is clear that the "theory" (not proven scientific fact) of evolution has now been accepted as truth, fed to children in public schools due to the paradigm that historical science has suggested to be fact. I have heard all of the arguments presented in this movie before: volcanic eruptions causing layers of rock within days, not billions of years, cellular and genetic changes that could possibly create entirely brand new species (ie: a frog becoming a bird). I thought that the movie was attempting to prove that Genesis is historical, and I thought it did a good job. You need a lot more faith to believe that over billions and billions of years, one cell was responsible for creating a tree, a snake, and a gorilla. I wish that kids in the public schools would be allowed the opportunity to think for themselves and have both theories presented to them: intelligent design vs. evolution. Good movie.
13 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.