Reviews

Kalank (2019)
It's nowhere near as bad as some are saying!
20 April 2019
This film should and could have been a lot better with some more rewrites but a lot of the film works. The dialogue is extremely over the top to the point where every sentence uttered by a character is a metaphor at times. Although I feel some lines do come together at the end successfuly. The songs are fantastic. It looks and sounds brilliant. 10/10 in that regard. It's just the story doesn't really hook you until near the end. I feel the acting was quite good overall but the standouts were definitely Varun Dhawan and Madhuri. It ends on a good note which makes the whole experience worth it for me. I wish more effort was put into the story though.
10 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Staring at the wall was more entertaining.
10 March 2019
I swear I don't think I've ever been so bored in my life. I was literally staring at a wall instead of the TV. My thoughts were more interesting. A successful movie is one that takes me away from my thoughts, the best movies are those that take me away and then stay in my head long afterwards. My boring and depressing thoughts were better than this movie. I'm honestly annoyed. I want to sleep now. Bye.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doctor Who: Kerblam! (2018)
Season 11, Episode 7
For a concept thats mostly generic, this being so good is down to the writing!
19 November 2018
Best episode this series and I'd say in so long for Doctor Who. Everyone can say they miss Moffat but he had so many issues too. This is the first time writing DW for Pete Mctighe and he nailed it! The dialogue was so natural, the pacing was on point, the characters were all excellent, the plot was really well handled with the twist feeling like a twist. He also handled the companions better than in previous episodes. I hope to see this writer much more!
9 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doctor Who: Rosa (2018)
Season 11, Episode 3
This episode really works but damn that pop song killed the vibe!
21 October 2018
The pacing was great, the character moments were great, the plot was interesting with having to change little things again and again to keep history the same. It was really great and the best moment was the final scene which unfortunately for me was ruined a little by the pop song. Yes its a nitpick lol. But come on. Narratively it works well but I wish they would have gotten rid of that song, especially considering the score was quite excellent throughout. But that's my only gripe. They also handled the political side better than I thought, especially with saying that change has occured and the world is better off.
51 out of 108 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doctor Who: The Ghost Monument (2018)
Season 11, Episode 2
Thank God Moffats faux intellectualism is gone.
18 October 2018
I feel like the ratings are ridiculous for this season. I'm guessing a lot are from people just annoyed by a female doctor but how can people be missing Moffat. This episode is better than 80% of the episodes Moffat wrote as show runner. Although the doctor who fans idea of quality according to ratings is The Impossible Astronaut, Day of the Moon, and Let's Kill Hitler which I think are terribly written messes.

This episode is pure fun, the soundtrack is mesmerising, the characters are well written. As I said in the first episode. I know more about each of the 3 companions than I did about Amy, Clara, Bill, Rory and River in their ENTIRE run in the show. And we've only had 2 episodes about 3 different characters. Even the least developed character Yaz is better written than the companions in Moffats who. I'm so glad witty dialogue dispensers have been replaced by actual human beings. The two side characters were excellent. I actually cared and won't forget them.

The plot isn't that complex but at least it's fun and knows what it is. Moffat had the tendency to fake intellectualism by jumlbing a simple plot with over the top zainy scenes. So even this basic and safe plot is better for me here.

Thank God Moffat is gone.
4 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor (2013)
Season Unknown, Episode Unknown
Lots of issues with it but I can't deny I enjoyed it.
15 October 2018
It's shallow but seeing the old doctors, Billie piper, and John Hurt is just fantastic. The plot was okay, I think the zygon situation was a little unnecessary overall, and the conclusion I have a big problem with but it was a fun episode.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doctor Who: The Ghost Monument (2018)
Season 11, Episode 2
I don't get the negative reviews.
15 October 2018
This episode doesn't do anything insane with its premise but it is downright fun. It all makes sense and the characters were fantastic! The pacing was great. Following the first episodes pace with us uncovering a msytery alongside the doctor (just like classic who). Has some amazing moments. It was funny when it was trying to be, intense when it was trying to be and emotional when it was trying to be. I think it's a success and an episode I see myself often coming back to.

Also.... People saying they want Moffat back can go and rewatch Let's Kill Hitler. You can keep that. I'll have this.
12 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doctor Who: The Crimson Horror (2013)
Season 7, Episode 12
Surprisingly great episode in an average series 7.
14 October 2018
Okay so this episode doesn't seem to have much buzz around it but I loved it. The acting was excellent. The slow mystery was so intriguing and I liked the reveal. It was creepy and weird and fit the tone of the episode I think.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doctor Who: The Snowmen (2012)
Season 7, Episode 6
This Clara should have been the companion!
12 October 2018
Clara has her best character introduction in this episode which makes it annoying that she died. I don't think her death adds anything significant to the emotions of the story and the fact that a family crying on Christmas night is what saved the day is just annoying. There is still too much in this episode that doesn't need to be there and worsens the episode but as recent Moffat episodes go this one is pretty well structured, the pacing is good, the acting is good and the laughs work quite well at times.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doctor Who: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (2012)
Season 7, Episode 2
I can't deny I had fun with this episode
12 October 2018
It's ridiculous, it makes little sense, but it's fun. This is probably contradictory coming off complaining about all of the main stories in series 6 but the problem with those is that they try really hard to seem more than they are. This knows that it is. It's dinosaurs on a spaceship. You won't be bored.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doctor Who: Asylum of the Daleks (2012)
Season 7, Episode 1
Best Moffat episode in a long time!
12 October 2018
This episode works really well in my opinion. I am not so sure on every new thing added but I think overall it works really well. The doctor travelling through an insane asylum of Daleks, companions trying to stop themselves forming into Daleks by remembering the love they lost for each other, and finding someone who you were trying to save and realising they are a dalek? It all works so well.

The only problem I have is with Amy and Rory. Yes the reason for their split makes sense but it's all so self contained in this episode. None of this has ever been foreshadowed and comes across as exposition of character. Rory always wanted kids? Why don't we know this already? This is further proof that Moffat can't write characters long term. So I'm guessing this issue will never ever be brought up again, just like every Rory and Amy issue. They are just terribly written characters. Although I have to admit the acting and dialogue still make it mostly work for this one episode. But I probably works better as a standalone than in a series. So yeah... Overall great episode.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doctor Who: The Wedding of River Song (2011)
Season 6, Episode 13
What a ridiculous mess!
11 October 2018
I don't know why I don't give these episodes like a 2/10 because I don't feel any emotions, there is no mind blowing sci fi moments and there aren't really any intense scenes. It doesn't feel like a doctor who episode. I guess the acting is well done and there are a few cool moments here and there. But overall, there are too many "cool" scenes. There is no story here. It's just one unnecessary cool scene after the other. Again. The plot is not so complex, but it's really all just info dump. To remedy just boring exposition they try to build a story around it, complicating things for the sake of it. This way it isn't boring I guess, but it isn't good. It's just a forced and over the top mess.

This is really a dark time for doctor who.
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doctor Who: The Girl Who Waited (2011)
Season 6, Episode 10
A diamond in the rough that is series 6.
11 October 2018
This series is bad. However this episode is one I will never forget. Amy and Rory are two character I don't care about and if I think about their entire journey with the doctor I think it's a mess. They lose a child but it seems they don't really care, and it never even seemed they wanted a child in the first place. Ugh. But getting back to this episode. As a standalone it works tremendously. I actually cared about Amy and Rory (who I always preferred out of the two), more than I ever have before. Actually maybe it's the only time. I'd say as companions go "future Amy" is far more interesting than normal Amy. This episode is awesome.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doctor Who: A Good Man Goes to War (2011)
Season 6, Episode 7
Such a mess that could have been great.
11 October 2018
The ideas here are actually quite good. Making River Amy's daughter is not a bad idea and the twist works on a basic shock level but it doesn't work at all on an emotional one. River has never really had a personality more like a concept. Also this episode spends so long setting the basic plot up with so many unnecessary scenes that are really just filler. It's like it's being stretched out and to make sure it isn't boring they've added so much random crap to it. Although for me it's still boring with nothing to care about. It's such a muddled mess.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doctor Who: Day of the Moon (2011)
Season 6, Episode 2
Some great scenes but convoluted and style over substance!
10 October 2018
The aliens were actually used in some cool scenes here but the entire story was complicated for no reason. It could have been such a great story but so many elements were added for no reason with little emotional pay off. It's over the top. It's just too much style and I don't care. Too much effort is put into making it seem clever but it's no interesting. I will say the conclusion was kind of cool but things just happen. Nothing is built up well. Better than part 1 but still, eh.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doctor Who: The Impossible Astronaut (2011)
Season 6, Episode 1
It has some good ideas but so many problems!
10 October 2018
I love the new aliens that you forget once you don't see them. Honestly that may be the only thing I like about this episode. They aren't used in any interesting ways because the plot of the girl and the spaceman is the prime focus which is just so drawn out. Also it really annoys me how the episode takes 20 minutes to get to the point. The plot is not that complicated but the episode spends so long doing so many things for no menaingful reasons but for the sake of doing them. It feels like it's done just to seem smart. I had the same problem with the finale of series 5. The plot is fine but it's told in a way to complicate things and seem smarter than it is. That's the opposite of what should be done for a good story. It should seem simple and clear but actually be complex the deeper you look into it. I think it fails.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doctor Who: The Woman Who Fell to Earth (2018)
Season 11, Episode 1
Best of Doctor Who in a long, long time!
9 October 2018
I have not enjoyed Doctor Who for a long time but this episode really gave me faith that this show will be better moving forward. The characters are excellently written. I feel they already have more to them in one episode than Amy, Clara or Bill had in their entire runs. I think the plot was simple but I don't think it's to the episodes detriment when the characters are clearly the focus. I think moving forward this is a better direction for a first episode than having a heavy plot and leaving little for the characters.

I'd say The Eleventh Hour is a better stand alone episode but this is the best introduction episode of the show.
8 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doctor Who: Amy's Choice (2010)
Season 5, Episode 7
Almost perfect for me!
9 October 2018
This episode was almost perfect for me. I love the surreal situation they are put in and a lot of the dialogue is pretty funny. The situation is tense and is entertaining as hell. My only problem is that of the drama between Amy and Rory. This love triangle situation is such an annoying thread this series and really taints Amy's character. The drama seems so unimportant when considering the situations Doctor Who puts people in and the actual drama's that come with this life. It feels trivial.
The Best One Since T2!
24 June 2015
In this review I'm going to briefly go over my thoughts on the franchise as a whole and then dig into this one.

'The Terminator' is a great, dark and mysterious sci-fi action and horror movie from the 80s. It introduced us to this story of man killing machine sent back in time to play with the future. We see Arnold as the T-800 who is sent to kill Sarah Connor (a helpless waitress) so that she will never give birth to the leader of the rebellion, John Connor. We then see Kyle Reese get sent back in time to save Sarah Connor. 9/10

In the next film T2 Judgement Day we are introduced to Arnold again, playing a different role. Now the savior of young John Connor. The new threat is the T1000, who is definitely the most fearsome machine in this franchises history. This film is the best in the franchise, not just for its immense visual upgrades but also for the fact that we see likable characters with depth. 10/10

T3 is the third film which is an okay action film but lacks the depth in every way compared to previous installments. 6.5/10

Terminator Salvation was the reboot/prequel to this franchise and is by far the worst one. It has some bad acting mixed with a terribly depressing tone which goes against the whole nature of this franchise and all in all feels like a completely different film. It is not a Terminator film and by itself it isn't that much better. 5.5/10

Now let's get to the one we want to hear about. Terminator Genisys looked terrible in the first two trailers. It looked forced and the visuals looked horrendous. However this turned out to be one of the biggest surprises this year!

The story jumps through all the different times that we have come to know from the first two films, and wow am I happy I had just seen the first film before hand. I mean there was so many little hints to the first film that were done so well. The story may be a bit confusing for some people, but as a fan of time travel movies I was happy, I mean I like doctor who so this was child's play for me. I don't want to get too much into it but the two things that stand out from the story for me was the connection between Sarah Connor and the T800 and also the 'twist' of John Connor becoming the main villain (this is a curse with this franchise, moments that would have been awesome twists in the movies are shown in the trailers). The relation with Sarah Connor and Arnie is heartwarming and I actually prefer it to the John Connor and Arnie relationship from T2! Jason Clarke is one of my favorite up and coming actors and he did really well in this role, he looked really menacing and the way we see his reveal is amazing!

The visuals and the action are top notch! There are some extremely satisfying action scenes in this movie, and most of the effects are practical and not just filled with CGI which I LOVE! It looks so much better and realistic and for me it shows so much more effort from the film makers to have done this! The T1000 played by Byung Hung-Li is awesome, he is so much fun to see and although we will never have the same feeling of seeing such amazing CGI again there are some moments which look absolutely incredible, subtle things that go a long way! John Connor also looks incredible, and I LOVE his special moves! The visuals are fantastic in this movie, the best being the recreation of Arnie from the first film in CGI, this is the best CGI I have ever seen and I think it's worth an Oscar! At least a nomination, it looks much better than Jurassic World's visuals.

Now my biggest problem is Jai Courtney, he is just so lifeless in this, as I think he is in everything he makes. Yes he looks strong, but he doesn't connect at all, and the poor delivery of his lines is just laughable! Hopefully we won't have to see him again in future installments...

Overall this is a great action movie, not as good as Mad Max, but much better than Jurassic World! And as a massive Terminator fan, I'm happy we finally got a movie that I can say is worthy to be part of the franchise.

Solid 8/10
57 out of 128 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Best Spider-Man Film Yet?
20 April 2014
NON SPOILER REVIEW!

I actually really enjoyed this movie its got the best action scenes out of all the spiderman movies and electro and green goblin are so much better than doctor octopus, the first green goblin and the rest of the villains from spiderman 3.

Although the story is a little forced and rushed, you definitely believe the Gwen/Peter love. You might feel sympathy for electro but you might also think he is a psychopath which kinda works, and you can't deny that the electro visuals are AMAZING.

With harry you do feel sympathy but you see him quickly turn and turn again into the green goblin which looks awesome by the way.

Don't go to the cinema expecting The Dark Knight but go expecting the best spiderman movie to date that will be a joy to watch with anyone.

Final Verdict : 8.9/10
14 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
oh my god
14 September 2012
I feel sorry for people who think this was rubbish.. they are comparing this to Hollywood who have all the money to use on realistic graphics. this is one of the first Bollywood movies i like as it had a very good story with some good acting from Emran. however Bipasha's performance was outstanding. her performance blew me away, and because of her performance i didn't care about the faults. also please watch this movie in 3d as it will have a great affect on you... p.s. some of the clips gave me goosebumps as when i watch a movie i am able to eat all my popcorn but i couldn't eat watching this, as my eyes were glued to the screen. so overall this movie has some faults but her acting and the story made up for it massively!!!!!! Solid 8/10 Also this is just my opinion but i think you should at least watch the movie to make your own verdict as my verdict was that this film was better then a lot of Hollywood horror movies!!!!
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Assassin's Creed: Revelations (2011 Video Game)
Amazing
15 August 2012
I have to say this game is absolutely amazing and is one of the best games of all time and is as good as AC2... Which is hard to compete against... This game has an amazing story and the ending is just FANTASTIC!!!! The game play is very good as there are many ways to do things like killing people and there are many weapons. the new addition of zip lines is good as they are very fun to go on and very fun to assassinate people from them... The multi-player in this game is also very good.. it is very unique as there is no other like it and it is very fun and addictive.... Some people might say there are a lot of bugs in the multi-player. Well they are wrong because if you have a bad internet connection then it will glitch.....

So overall there might be tiny little things wrong with the game but there isn't enough to stop me giving it a 10/10!!!!!!!
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.