Reviews

Strike Back: Retribution: Part 1 (2017)
Season 6, Episode 1
Get a room!
13 May 2019
What's with all the haters here?! It's not that bad. At least not much badder than the previous installments. It was definitely way better than the new Charmed or Magnum or MacGyver... It was a bit confusing of who is who, not very plausible in storytelling, had a naked man's butt, sex, tough women and a bit too cliché oneliners. Sounds normal to me. It was entertaining, so I'll stay with it. And it has the very much charismatic Warren Brown from Luther and X Company! And Daniel MacPherson actually reminds me of Sullivan Stapleton, who is very successful with his gig in Blindspot. Plus the female lead is somehow very distinctive, pretty AND tough! So, it has chicks, guns, chicks with guns, explosions, gunfire... Who needs plausibility or realism?! ;)
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Arrow: Star City Slayer (2019)
Season 7, Episode 13
Split up? Have you never seen a horror movie before?!
28 March 2019
Besides that rusty gag this episode fails to generate thrills despite its contents. The topic William was so clearly predictable and the return of Stanley was a bit overwritten. But the most confusing and impossible thing is, that the future kids are all kind of the same age! Diggle jr. was a toddler a few years back and Felicity just got pregnant while William looks like 10 years older than now and Zoe should be a bit older too. And when that future shall play in 2040 then they must be 20 years older than now. And yet they all meet in the future in nearly the same age!? I say it's bad casting and the makeup for the older actors just doesn't look natural. And where was Emiko?! She could've helped Oliver, but obviously she was erased from existence in this episode. That's also bad writing.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Star Trek: Discovery: The Red Angel (2019)
Season 2, Episode 10
Seriously?
22 March 2019
A time crystal, seriously?! Are we going to meet Thanos or the Guardians of the Galaxy? And how should this plan have worked if it's not Michael? It makes no logical sense! I really could watch Star Wars now... At least Han Solo and Chewie could have eliminated the mines from last episode with the Millennium Falcon.
9 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Titans: Hank and Dawn (I) (2018)
Season 1, Episode 9
Low budget?
7 March 2019
I like this series very much, but I don't get the many deepened characters we only see once or twice. How do they fit together? Will they all be titans? Or who? And when? Before the series gets canceled I hope. Besides that... I know it was a filler episode, but seriously, they have one special fx stunt scene and they use this crappy shot with unnatural car movements CGI?! Hello? Anybody home in the fx department?
The Gifted: oMens (2019)
Season 2, Episode 16
Not bad
6 March 2019
I liked the premise of the series, but I don't like what the writers made with it, especially in the 2nd season. They could've done so much more, like we saw in the 1st season, but it all went meh, going in circles. I think General Hospital is more thrilling than this season. And seriously - Lorna couldn't do anything but move a van through the garage?! In the 1st season she crashed a plane! I'm really disappointed by this season. And how got Esme back to them? What happened with her clone sisters? They explained uninteresting stuff to death but when things finally happen they only show without telling. I am not sure if there will be a 3rd season. I hope, but then they should let real writers on it!
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NCIS: Death From Above (2018)
Season 15, Episode 18
Finally
5 March 2019
...we get that disaster episode and after 15 years we know how Gibbs knows everything that's going on in the office! But I missed a pregnant woman giving birth and a guy in a white top crawling through ventilation shafts.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Manifest: Cleared for Approach (2019)
Season 1, Episode 13
I concur
24 February 2019
...with the others. I believe they should rename the series to The Crying Game. Plus the special effects are so 80's! Maybe Manifest was shot in the 80's and got lost during a black lightning...wasn't that another series?
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NCIS: Keep Your Enemies Closer (2018)
Season 15, Episode 15
Holes and errors
19 February 2019
There were a few holes like why McGee getting all the family stuff out of the apartment but then tell him all the details about them and errors like Fornell kicking out the backseat and Hicks doesn't notice it... The scripts are getting sloppier as the show ages.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Star Trek: Short Treks: The Escape Artist (2019)
Season 1, Episode 4
One count of penetrating a space whale?
8 February 2019
Nice catch with the robots, since they were programmed and not AIs like Data/Lore... I must say the first two Shorts were my favorites. But I hope the jazzy version of the Discovery theme will be on the next soundtrack!!! It's so beautifully smooth!
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Star Trek: Discovery: Point of Light (2019)
Season 2, Episode 3
Intermission
1 February 2019
This episode is quite a handful. I just can't get my head around those Trek Universe changers - Spock's got awol whilst emotionally crazy, Stilly got a resistant spore fungus (I would've liked more sth. like Double Dan from Ralph breaks the Internet) and L'Rell is now Klingon Queen Mum? Something's disturbing the universe! Coming the dark side is maybe? That two-sided stun gun reminded me of that lightsaber from Darth Maul! A few more episodes like this and I think only the Doctor (or maybe the Orville?) can save Star Trek...
8 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NCIS: Ready or Not (2017)
Season 15, Episode 9
I was about to yell: Grab the cat!
22 January 2019
I agree with the other critics here and would add two more: First, what is the MI5 doing outside of the UK? That would be MI6 jurisdiction. And secondly, why would any bad guy go to a hospital with a GSW when they have to be reported?! But I liked the intercut with Delilah and Yorka, and Abby's collar! And that bomb scene was so Lethal Weapon, I was about to yell: Grab the cat!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Titans: Titans (I) (2018)
Quite different
17 January 2019
...but not quite. It reminded me of those Marvel shows like Runaways or Inhumans - not quite well acted but also not bad. Teenagers. Again. But well crafted characters and storylines who hopefully evolve properly. It's not as comedic as Gotham, though it's Batman's sidekick that comes to Detroit. But then I would have preferred someone like Michael Moore protecting the little man. That would be different! The horror of the show is a nice twist on all things superhero, but the bad CGI tiger and that transformation... Didn't they ended Teen Wolf? And when they do the effort to look as if they were in Austria, why couldn't they find some language coaches?! Hotel Das Alpen? Really?! I need to vomit...
Nerve-wracking
21 December 2018
That's what it is with all the whinging and sulking, almost unwatchable. So many unnecessary scenes, and a villain you don't even want to know of or about. I don't even know why I'm still watching it! Maybe because it's technically well done and the back story is intriguing. But the story really doesn't go on for episodes! It's simply nerve-wracking.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Blindspot: Adoring Suspect (2017)
Season 3, Episode 6
Watchable
11 December 2018
It was an okay episode with a few hints and winks, and the alleys where Roman meets the guy look like they shot Assassin's Creed there. But I can be wrong. But where I'm not wrong is that Blindspot's soundtrack and the effects are much louder in comparison to the speech. But it's that way since the start, so if you watch it in Dolby Digital 5.1 you can hear every word without a problem.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lethal Weapon: Need to Know (2018)
Season 3, Episode 2
Haters gonna hate
8 December 2018
I thought it was a great episode! Everyone wants to make it work. All the haters in here, stop with that bs! This episode is action packed, dramatic and funny and does not deserve a ranking below 5! If you hate that Clayne Crawford got fired, talk to WB or your mother! Just moonwalk out of this and let it be good!
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Arrow: Crossing Lines (2018)
Season 7, Episode 3
Please make it stop!
7 December 2018
First Flash, now Arrow - another prison storyline... It's getting boring if you've watched all seasons of Prison Break. Yeah, I get it, Diaz is a hard nut to crack. But gee, I'm getting tired and despaired like the Team! It's getting annoying. And what's wrong with the DCU? They have fake names for US cities but there exists a Zürich?! I don't get it. The DC TV universe starts to crack for me. And if they really let Felicity die as mentioned in the first episode of this season that's it for me...
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Supergirl: Man of Steel (2018)
Season 4, Episode 3
Let's get political...
6 December 2018
I'm curious about how the writers will solve the equivalent of our real world's political situation! It's a great episode on how a strong confident man can be persuaded/broken to root for the opposite of his beliefs. And to the many critics of this episode: It's exactly the same situation as Marvel does with The Gifted or the political situation in the movie Batman vs Superman! As long as the Trumps of this world get their way we shouldn't stop holding the mirror of our world into our faces. WYSIWYG! Next time vote better so your favorite TV show doesn't get political! hehe
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NCIS: Los Angeles: Assets (2017)
Season 9, Episode 3
For the love of God this episode is over!
3 December 2018
Many dialogs were clumsy or stupid, just like Kensi said: Not good at all. And like the most people around I don't like the new AD, but you don't have to like the new boss. Though I liked the scene with her and Deeks. I hope the thing with the dialogs is just a glitch. And I wonder if Frank Peralta is related to Jake from New York's finest precinct Brooklyn 99...
The Rookie: Pilot (2018)
Yippee-ka-yeah!
2 December 2018
This is what you get when you mix End of Watch with Nate Fillion: an entertaining look at the workplace of an LA cop with depth, reality, action and some winking. Plus with Melissa O'Neil we have two ex-spaceship captains we don't want to miss out on! I'm thrilled!
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lethal Weapon: In the Same Boat (2018)
Season 3, Episode 1
Chaos seems to follow him
1 December 2018
I wasn't excited about the casting changes and couldn't wrap my thoughts about a replacement for the one guy that made LW for what it is - Martin Riggs. But I was positively surprised how the writers came up with a similar character and how there could be chemistry between Cole and Murtaugh. And the other plus is that Maggie Lawson plays Cole's ex! I missed her since psych ended. I think the producers made the best of that bad decision to fire Clayne Crawford and saved at least some fans of the franchise. Although I miss Riggs too, I believe there is potential to watch LW further. So don't bash LW to death, it is still entertaining and funny!
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Charmed: Sweet Tooth (2018)
Season 1, Episode 3
Nah, I will not waste any more time with that.
28 November 2018
This episode was so boring and unbelievable aggressive! I don't know what the writers thought when they wrote that piece of crap, but I only gave it 5 stars because of the effects! Not only that the writing is beyond reality, logic or plausibility, but the actors and actresses often don't even know what to express! I honestly don't know how someone could give this episode more stars. Like the new MacGyver or Magnum PI the new Charmed is (a) waste (of time, energy and potential). To say it the Disney way: Let it go!
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Magnum P.I.: I Saw the Sun Rise (2018)
Not the right one
26 October 2018
Well, this is what they do with an adapted script - the take the development of 8 seasons and put it into 42 minutes (the original Magnum pilot was a 90 minutes movie!), put that into the diversity blender and voilá - the new Magnum is ready! There is no humor and no charisma (except a bit for Higgins), and everybody is doing what the script says. Peter M. Lenkov is running this series like his other gig on Hawaii - Five-0. Everything is in the brightest colors, the sun is shining and there is a snack joint at the beach where the main characters eat or get infos. I like Five-0, which is a successful remake (or rather continuation), just because of the originality of the characters and their actors and their lines and personalities. With Magnum you see nothing like that, like an empty shell on the beach. There is no mustache, no smile, no basecap, no fun at all, no thrills beyond the unbelievable action. I don't believe that there is anything the characters could evolve into because they already are in sync with everything without any history or evolvement whatsoever. The actors seem too young for war veterans and the description majordomo belongs to a different period and to a different age! Pfff, I think I'll watch the second episode just to see if they can get any audience for beyond the action...
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Charmed: Let This Mother Out (2018)
Season 1, Episode 2
Much better than the pilot!
24 October 2018
Yes, you can argue to the lack of originality, but honestly - you can't expect something like that from an adapted series! Either you love that kind of thing or not - just like Supernatural or Buffy or so. The second episode was way slower in storytelling, had less confusion and you can learn their names! It also had great effects and more thrills - because suddenly you care for the girls, at least a bit! They still may be a bit nervy, and there is still air to the top, but for a second episode it's very much okay.
3 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Charmed: Pilot (2018)
Need another one...
24 October 2018
I am fond of the original Charmed Ones and I was curious, if the new version could pull me in like the Halliwells did. I'm not sure yet, because the pilot was confusingly overwritten with politics, banalities and so many new names to learn. I just saw it but I still don't know what everyone's names are. Okay, one is called Meg and the others probably have an m-name too, and the white lighter is called Harry. Though I don't think that I catched their last names. It was a bit too much for a 40 minutes pilot. Also the BIG sister is the smallest one and doesn't look older or wiser than the other. Yet the approach with the scientist sister was refreshing and wants me to give it another try. But for the pilot I would've hoped for a more explanatory storyline, a more plausible development of character. And again...one sister is gay. Yawn! I mean, I like diversity, but I don't necessarily need or want a remake with diverse characters in every damn series! They should either remake a series with the original character profiles or create something new with as much diversity as they want! The worst example of that is MacGyver! I still can't believe they continued that bs! The original was at least plausible! And I'm afraid of the new Magnum... So, I gave the pilot episode a 7 because it had its moments and some nice effects (not that they were more distinguished from the original) and I'm hooked to see if the actresses catch up to their characters and if I can learn their names... 😉
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.