Reviews

L.A.'s Finest (2019– )
Starsky and Not Much
17 September 2019
Is this supposed to be a real crime show with lots of action and two tough cops? The bad one liners being thrown around is as hard to watch (let alone listen to) as my dog cleaning his privates but the one-liners just keep coming anyway. There have been a lot of decent crime solving duos over the past few decades, and believe me this isn't one of them classic crime solving duos Heck, I took the 1960's TV Batman and Robin more serious than these two runway models.

Jessica Alba and Gabrielle Union who play detectives Nancy McKenna and Sydney Burnett respectively may be easy on the eyes but they are not the resurrection of Starsky and Hutch, Cagney and Lacey, nor of the iconic 1980's Miami vice cops Crockett and Tubbs.

Heck, the least Jessica Alba could do was pick a gun that she can actually learn to hold properly. I was looking for a decent story line but the writers and the director were more focused on providing their viewers with two heroine cops who pretend to shoot their way out of any number of overwhelming and outnumbered gang members and risk their lives for civilians by avoiding grenades being thrown at them.

Lots of snap and crackle but no pop. I give the series a 6 out of 10 for trying but they have to do a lot better to maintain a fair share of the TV audience to stay on the air for a season 2.
Men Of Honor
11 September 2019
May we learn what true sacrifice for one's country is after listening to the survivors stories of the USS Indianapolis. You just have to appreciate how lucky we all are that these men risked their lives during World War 2 in the Central Pacific and survived in the cold salt water under the hot sun fending off hundreds of sharks day after day for five (5) consecutive days with little food and no water except what the skies provided when it rained.

These brave men's stories are what should be taught in school and rather than having the next generations believe they are entitled to have their government provide food, shelter, and income for them, they will learn what selfless sacrifices these war veterans lived through to provide us our freedom.

Hundreds of thousands of soldiers on all sides of the two (2) World Wars lost their lives. They did not hold up protest signs but rather held their position in battle for OUR freedoms which we enjoy today. I wish people would learn from this documentary what sacrifice truly is.

A grateful 10 out of 10 for the living and the dead of the USS Indianapolis.
The Roommates (1973)
A ho hum and oh so dumb slasher film
11 September 2019
Well this was a real time waster wasn't it? You have four (4) young liberal ladies strutting their stuff and their personal lives clashing with some of the local yokels. But wait...there is a killer on the loose who appears to be a woman? No wait....maybe it is a guy in drag....no wait....maybe the killer is a woman?

Does it really matter who the killer on the loose is? we know how this story is going to end and quite frankly whoever the killer is when we eventually find out do we really care? No, and I will tell you why. There is no substance to this 1970's low budget film filled with actors and actresses who seemingly were just happy to have made any film and see their stage name run through the end credits.

Speaking of the end credits the best piece of this film were those magical two words...."THE END"

I rated it a 3 out of 10 simply for the producers trying to convince their audience this was a suspense/thriller film. NOT!!!!!
A very under rated 1970's drama highlighting a rich but dysfunctional family
10 September 2019
Judith Brown who plays the young hot wife and gold digger to her much older and very rich recent newlywed husband Keenan Wynn come home to a not too friendly welcome by Keenan Wynn's three (3) adult children. I find it hard to relate to these particular family dynamics as my own upbringing was much simpler.

In direct contrast to my own upbringing the McCoy family owned a huge general contracting business building large industrial plazas in and around California, they drove the most expensive vehicles, lived in a luxurious home on a large property, and they had servants taking care of any and all their household needs, but the McCoy children were lacking any semblance of love and/or affection from their matriarch father Walter (Keenan Wynn).

The new young hot looking wife Karen (Judith Brown) made no bones about why she married the much older businessman Walter McCoy it was because of his enormous wealth and nothing else. Walter liked to brag how rich, strong and virile he was and he ran his house as if everyone was expected to cow tow to him, not only the servants, but his new bride and three (3) adult children as well. If any of his family even breathed a sigh of discontent Walter would quickly tell them they knew where the front door was and they were free to leave and try and make it on their own without any of his financial support.

It doesn't take long for one of Walter's son Steve McCoy (Andrew Robinson) to be exposed to Walter's new bride Karen who starts having wandering eyes towards her much younger stepson who she begins grooming to be her next and new lover. This sets off even higher levels of mistrust and emotions between the various McCoy family members until Walter is suddenly and unexpectedly pronounced as missing and assumed to have committed suicide.

Now the family members including Walter's recent new bride Karen call in their husband/father's lawyer to commence dispersing his last will and testament which the lawyer states unequivocally that he is not prepared to do as he has specific orders from the missing Walter McCoy to follow.

I won't divulge how the family dynamics deteriorate further but suffice to say that the McCoy family show their greed, lust and anger towards one another even with their father still missing and assumed to have committed suicide, and their hussy stepmother grinning like a cheshire cat.

This is a strange family which reflects that money can't buy happiness. It is an under rated film which is why I have given it a slightly higher rating at 8 out of 10 to counter some of the lower under appreciated IMDB ratings.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is a very frightening scenario that I am sure has played out in the California suburbs many times before and since
10 September 2019
Although this film is supposedly a fictional drama, I believe there are literally hundreds (if not thousands) of lonely and attractive housewives all across North America who can relate to the scenes played out in the film Private Property. We have all heard that phrase before of "playful and innocent enough flirting or sexual teasing". And we have also heard the phrase "No means No" in countless drama films which are played out in both an actual and/or a fictitious court of law.

This film draws a very fine line between some tense criminal and very real sexual assault activity that is hard to watch and a very good dramatic simulated performance played out by all four (4) of the film stars. The female lead played by Kate Manx as the lonely suburban California housewife who was ignored by her business executive husband appreciated the attention bestowed upon her by the aggressive stranger who showered her with compliments as well as many lies.

We the audience could see that this lonely housewife was getting in over her head and the two strangers were thinking with their little heads and not their big heads. We see how quickly some playful flirting innocence can turn both violent and deadly. This black and white film is still a great watch some sixty (60) years later.

I rate Private Property a high 8 out of 10 rating that all women and men including young teenagers should watch to remind them to keep their emotions in check and the boys to keep their peckers in their pants.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
In Person (1935)
The cute twist in the gunshot wedding scene is worth watching
4 September 2019
Although the film starts off like most romantic comedies with the young and good looking couple falling in and out then back in love once again, the talented Ginger Rogers provides her audience with a nice twist in how she decides to catch her man George Brent. I especially enjoyed the last 30 minutes of this romantic comedy which makes it worth a watch at least twice.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
For the love of hockey and the 1960's film shorts that used to open the feature film
4 September 2019
A perfect 10 for 10

This short animation from the Walt Disney vaults is a must see for any hockey fan enthusiast. The color is fantastic, and the interaction with Donald Duck and his young and rambunctious three (3) nephews on ice skates is such a wonderful piece of cartoon nostalgia that I wished that the new Disney films that get released in the theaters with their half a billion dollar budgets would wow their audiences by showing this 1939 short 7 minute cartoon prior to their main feature film which is what I was used to seeing back in the 1960's.

Parents and children would flock back to the theaters and talk more about the preliminary cartoon short they just saw than the multi-million dollar CGI enhanced feature films that are cookie cutters of the previous years action/adventure films.
Reef Break (2019– )
If sink or swim are the choices for Reef Break then this show SUNK and STUNK.
3 September 2019
I like Poppy Montgomery but her veiled attempt at playing a former thief and surfer girl now crime solver fails miserably.

Sink or Swim on Reef Break?

Well this show SUNK and STUNK! Big Time!

I would throw Poppy a Life preserver but that would not save this show from sinking after one or two episodes.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Start a backward count from ten (10) and.....
3 September 2019
Before you hit seven (7) this drama series will put you to sleep. Mrs. Shullivan and I hit the "DELETE" button on our remote just after their dope head son Caden (Billy Howle) took another snort up his nose and played undress the dumb bimbo before having sex. The series has so much mystery that this series is no mystery at all. It simply stinks.

Hit the "DELETE" button and find a more enlightening family show like "The Conners" or "The Goldbergs", they are supposed to be funny unlike MotherFatherSon.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a MESS-terpiece. All FOAM and no beer.
30 August 2019
Mrs. Shullivan and I sat through all of season 2 and the continuing reflections of the three (3) main stars, Colin Farrell, Rachel McAdams, and Vince Vaughn past lives were such poor displays of nothing but blistering, blathering bull (rhymes with SIT) that it became quite evident by the second episode that the writer, Nic Pizzolatto, must have wanted to deliberately sabotage season 2 for one or more reasons.

I did not forget about Taylor Kitsch's contribution to this "mess"terpiece either, it's just not worth mentioning because no one will even remember he was starring in it because every time he was given screen time, I was more pre-occupied reading the daily obituaries. Kitsch's performance reminded me of a Walking Dead zombie.

And I must comment on the last two episodes which cranked up the series volume with non-stop guns a blazing but that's all I can say. The "sound" increased by fifty (50) percent from the artillery but the audience heard guns fired and absolutely nothing else.

Season 2 was abysmal, the acting from Vince Vaughn was catatonic, he mumbled, and Colin Farrell tried his damnedest to imitate a Jeff Bridges raspy voice. Neither of these two actors came through as appealing what so ever.

I don't want to be harsh, but watching season 2 of True Detective was like driving by a ten car pileup, it's tragic and horrifying but one can't take their eyes off of the carnage. My advice....drive by and avoid season 2 and watch season 3 instead.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A notch above many of the other low budget suspense films
27 August 2019
I am not sure why this has such a low rating but I can only assume that many of the other IMDB ratings are low because the reviewers were disappointed that there was minimal T&A in the picture. The acting wasn't Academy Award standards but neither was it Razzy award caliber. The story line was decent and there were at least a dozen suspects who may be responsible for the multiple murders taking place at the strip club.

Would I watch it a second time? Probably not, but I would rate it slightly better than most low budget slasher films that are filled with gratuitous T&A. So if you want to watch a decent story line with some murder and suspense than you won't be disappointed. If you are looking for a bunch of naked ladies at a strip club, there is some of that but the film is more of a main stream suspense film with a decent ending.

Tawny Kitaen's closing line is priceless.

I give the film a 6 out of 10 rating
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Migrants (1974 TV Movie)
I have to look at the positive, "they were a hard working family of nomads"
23 August 2019
Unlike today's younger family society that relies far too heavily on the government to put food on their plate (food stamps), a roof over their head (social housing), and a regular pay check (social and medical welfare) this family of nomads, the Barlow family, toiled in farmers fields picking fruit and/or vegetables from daylight to daybreak as they traveled in a caravan with other migrant workers from one farmers fields, to the next.

As much as the work needed to be completed by menial workers who were shunned from actually entering the towns, they toiled in the nearby fields and their foreman would go into town and pick up any supplies that the migrant workers needed and charge them a little more for his services.

This nomadic life still exists for many families, but mainly by immigrant workers who are not afraid of hard work unlike many North American people are today. The film has a stellar cast of A-lister actors and their solid performances are well worth watching. It is a tough life as migrant workers that they had no choice in becoming migrant workers as a family and it is a good reminder for all of us that our lives could be so much worse, so suck it up butter cup and appreciate what we have today.

A solid 6 out of 10 rating
Chilling
22 August 2019
Even after 55 years Albert Finney's performance as the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde womanizer who can turn into a deranged psychotic killer at the slightest of conversations is not to be missed. I think this film is an under rated classic and in the same realm as Psycho.

A must see if you enjoy thrillers.
Green Book (2018)
Entertaining and reminiscent of the 1960's that I remember, sadly it was also a time for much bias
21 August 2019
A perfect 10 for 10 rating

Viggo Mortensen, and Mahershala Ali were destined to play the characters of the tough and gruff Italian night club bouncer Tony Lip, and the sophisticated African American classic pianist Dr. Donald Shirley respectively. Some road trip movies can drag on and on and leave their audiences minds' wandering as the constant babbling by the main characters over incidentals drags on. But this was not the case with this "road trip" film which in my humble opinion was deserving of the five (5) Academy Award nominations that this film received, and definitely deserving of the three (3) wins for Best Picture, Best Supporting actor (Mahershala Ali), and best original screenplay.

Mrs. Shullivan and I did see Bohemian Rhapsody and I believe that Viggo Mortensen was robbed of the best actor award over Rami Malek's ho hum performance as Freddy Mercury. Maybe Bohemian Rhapsody should have won for best make up and hairstyling. Malek's fake portruding front teeth were over empha"sized" and over exaggerated, and maybe the voters were paying more attention to the visuals rather than the content of the performances because Viggo nailed his performance as the tough Bronx chauffeur who loved food as much as he loved talking (thus the monogram Tony Lip) and living life.

Green Book refers to today's version of an on line travel log, but back in the 1960's the real Green Book identified which Hotels/Motels would accept African Americans in the deep south for an over night stay and where they could eat their meals. The picture reflects the disparity between whites and blacks in the 1960's and we see how Tony Lip gradually becomes close friends with his black, gay, and sophisticated boss, Dr. Donald Shirley. There are some really sensitive yet touching and emotional scenes that are surely to become film classics. No spoilers, you need to watch the film and suck in all the great acting, music, and cinematography on your own.

Mrs. Shullivan and I agreed that this film was definitely worthy of the Best Picture award and I hope to see this duo of Viggo Mortensen, and Mahershala Ali star in future films together as their portrayals were so natural that they fit together like the right and left shoes even with each foot having some different characteristics and flaws, they walked and talked as if they were one and the same.

We were not bored at all through this road trip film and the only sad part was when the film was prompted with that subtle but effective "THE END". Fortunately I bought a copy so Mrs. Shullivan and I can watch it again and again.

A perfect 10 for 10 rating
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Forensic Files: Three's a Crowd (2010)
Season 14, Episode 4
Fred Andros was a pig of a man with no morals what so ever
10 August 2019
Although Fred Andros who was the water boss for the Town of Poughkeepsie, Fred was a short, ugly married man, he somehow convinced two (2) seperate married women who had their own husbands to both have affairs with him. Sometimes Fred convinced both women to engage in three way sex with him on the concrete floor of the towns water pumping stations. One of the two women, Susan Fassett, managed the Town of Poughkeepsie's personnel department, and she was also a married mother of two. Susan Fassett's husband was a local police lieutenant, and he did not have a concrete alibi when his wife was shot and killed while leaving a church choir practice and became the police departments prime suspect because he knew his wife was having an affair with Fred Andros.

The other women that Fred was having a 20 year affair with was Dawn Silvernail who was homely looking just as Fred Andros was. When the FBI began investigating Fred Andros and his boss for taking grafts in lieu of awarding municipal contracts, Fred panicked with how much information he shared during his sexual romps with Susan Fassett who also worked for the Town of Poughkeepsie, so he convinced his 20 year lover Dawn Silvernail through threats to rub Susan Fassett out .

Cell phone records between Dawn Silvernail and Fred Andros immediately after the murder were their undoing.
Well I really enjoyed this western themed Cowboys and Indians film
9 August 2019
There is no doubt that Glenn Ford and Arthur Kennedy are both A-lister film stars who excel in westerns. When you pit them against one another as they ride across the desert sands to rescue the same woman and two children that they both love who were captured by Apache Indians,the audience gets a tense action/drama/western film that is both entertaining as well as makes each viewer decide which of these two (2) men is deserving of the love and affection of the three (3) captured victims.

Glenn Ford is known for playing the sombre, reclusive, brooding cowboy while Arthur Kennedy is known for being more of a creep and a back stabber who will lie and cheat to get what he wants. So both men are well cast in this classic western.

The cinematography is pleasing to the viewers and the film moves along at a great pace with action occurring every few minutes to keep the audience's attention. What I really liked about this western is how well developed the two main characters were. The travelling gunfighter Lorn Warfield (Glenn Ford) and homesteader Owen Forbes (Arthur Kennedy) personalities and inner demons were on full display and brought to the forefront as the hate for one another fed off of each other as they traveled across the barren desert in search for Lorn Warfield's wife and two (2) daughters who were in the hands of an Apache tribe.

This western film is a keeper and well worth an 8 out of 10 rating.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
These girls and their leader Benson must have still been celebrating the 1969 Woodstock festival
9 August 2019
Although the Woodstock musical festival was a three (3) day event back in 1969, I think this cult leader named Benson (Nick Klar) and his band of Charlie Manson like hot looking female followers who agreed to tease unsuspecting motorists then rob them, assumed that the Woodstock festival was continuing three (3) years later since this film was released in 1972.

The 1969 Woodstock music festival was all about peace, love and good music. In the 1972 film the Hitchhikers, there certainly is an abundance of love and good music, but the peace of the historical 1969 Woodstock music festival was replaced by a Charles Manson like inspired male hippie cult leader named Benson who took in a bunch of scantily clad hot looking women who were trained by Benson to pretend to be hitchhiking and then when the horny male motorists would stop to get a much closer look at the hottie hitchhikers, out from behind a tree Benson would appear gun in hand to rob his unsuspecting victims whose erections in their pants would quickly deflate when Benson's gun was pointed at their head and the motorists were told to get out of their car to be robbed at gunpoint.

Maggie (Misty Rowe) arrives at Benson's compound, broke, hungry and pregnant so when Benson sees Maggie's youth and beauty he quickly brings her into his harum of hitchhikers and trains her how to look sexy and enticing so the motorists will stop. Catfights between Misty and another of Benson's followers named Diana (Linda Avery) erupt for Benson's affections. I must say although the movie is a classic B movie genre, it appealed to me more like a first rate release that just did not get the respect it deserved probably because it did not have any A-lister film star in it, nor was it produced by one of the major film studios.

In my humble opinion the acting was good, the story line simple, and the film was interspersed with great music in a timely manner. If you watch the film on a DVD release stick around to hear the motivation of the writers/directors husband and wife team Ferd and Beverly Sebastian, as their personal messages are worth listening to.

I give this simple B-movie crime/drama film a more than decent 7 out of 10 rating.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Forensic Files: Dancing with the Devil (2008)
Season 13, Episode 6
It took a criminal looking for a plea deal to solve this crime
25 July 2019
Although law enforcement had the perpetrator's DNA already in their data base a match was not confirmed until a third party male who was arrested on an unrelated drug charge ratted out the murderer and provided only details of the murder case that someone who was present at the murder scene would have known.
Shazam! (2019)
Simply a very fun filled family adventure film
22 July 2019
What a wonderful fun filled adventure film for ALL ages with a twist on the super hero genre. Since this superhero is a 16 year old boy named Billie Batson (Asher Angel) who unexpectedly transforms into an adult sized super hero (Zacahry Levi) by merely calling out the single word SHAZAM!

The young 16 year old Billy is a lost and troubled teenager being moved by the city of Philadelphia's social services division from one foster home to the next from as early an age as three (3) as he keeps getting into trouble. Billy yearns to be re-united with his birth mother but to no avail. His most recent foster home placement is a kaleidoscope of four (4) other foster children, who are being raised by a married couple who were also raised as foster children themselves.

As much as Billy believes he can only rely on himself and no one else, his new foster family quickly grows on him as they reach out with love and genuine concern for his well being. Billy's moment of strength first comes to light when his yappy handicapped foster brother Freddy Freeman (Jack Dylan Grazer) is being bullied and although Billy's common sense is telling him to walk away he quickly realizes he needs to lend a helping fist in this fight with the much larger two (2) bullies. As a result of his sacrificing his own body for that of his new foster brother he finds himself being transformed into a vapor world where a strange wizard indulges Billy with his magic staff and the word SHAZAM which transforms Billy into a super hero.

As can be expected from any super hero there has to be a number of enemies and/or villains to fight and that is where the most evil Dr. Sivana (Mark Strong) comes into the picture to wreak evil on the world but especially on young Billy's new foster family. Okay so the battles between superhero Shazam and Dr. Sivana are predictable, the ending is not so predictable but what it is, is very entertaining and leaves the door wide open for a sequel which Mrs. Shullivan and I will be most eagerly looking forward to.

On a personal note, we wish to thank set dresser Toni Wong for including our little Christmas gift to her (Santa Clause plush toy riding a motorcycle) in the pawn shop scene. This little touch made the adventure film Shazam a truly memorable family experience for the Morvay family.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fascinating insight yet tragic for the entire world
16 July 2019
Who could ever fathom that the main reason the terrorists of al-Qaeda lead by the independently wealthy Osama bin Laden would have cost so many lives to be lost in the air attacks that occurred on September 11th, 2001, could have been neutralized only if the American CIA and FBI intelligence agencies would have shared vital information between their respective and unfortunate independent intelligence operations.

This is a well acted ten (10) part mini-series that is based on actual events and many of the key American and foreign personnel who were actively involved in the gathering of intelligence on terrorists such as al-Qaeda.

Mrs. Shullivan and I were glad to see that much of the horrific events that occurred on September 11th, 2001, were not the focus of this mini-series, but rather how the events leading up to this tragic day in the history of mankind evolved over the preceding years and by the key players responsible for fighting the terrorists organizations such as al-Qaeda.

This is most definitely a must see. A 9 out of 10 rating
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chasing the Moon (2019 TV Movie)
The nostalgia of the space race brought back to the forefront
16 July 2019
I always enjoy documentaries that just lay out the basic facts and avoid sensationalizing actual events. In the case of the 1960's space race between the Russians and Americans both countries faltered which had the most absolute deadliest of consequences. Astronauts were sacrificed for the space race and wives and children lost their husbands and fathers.

Why I mention the nostalgic approach was LIFE magazine had an exclusive with some of the astronauts of the Apollo missions and we were invited right into the astronauts family homes as the wives and children watched on their black and white television sets the flight missions along side their fellow astronaut families and family parish priests. What Life magazine provided to the astronauts for this exclusive was a $100 thousand dollar life insurance policy to the astronauts family in case of death in space. This is a bet you would rather LIFE magazine never had to pay out on.

This is a must see three (3) part documentary series that provides exceptional historical coverage of the earliest space missions culminating on the first landing of man on the moon. Who would have ever thought this was possible even in the year 2020?
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bring the Funny (2019– )
Funny ha ha? No! Just No! More like "Funny Nah Nah"
11 July 2019
I love good comedy and this just stunk to high heaven. They spend far too much time focusing on the three (3) judges and the hostess who are so phony pretending to be participating in the best party in the world, with that fake"canned laughter" that is a staple of the show. Don't waste my time...or yours. I laughed more during the last CNN Democratic debate and they probably draw about the same Nelson ratings. Low....Very Low

Funny Ha Ha? No! Just No! More like "Funny Nah Nah"

A 2 out of 10 rating
16 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Grand Hotel (2019– )
Anyone in the service/hospitality industry would appreciate the employee/employer dynamics
10 July 2019
After watching the first five (5) episodes of Grand Hotel Mrs. Shullivan and I believe there are a sufficient number of plots, sub-plots, family and industry dynamics to keep this series going strong for quite a few seasons. Although the pilot episode leaves the audience with the impression that this may just be another stupid soap opera mystery, my advice would be to hang in there and watch a few more episodes to see so many of the actors/actresses characters and friendships evolve into many intriguing story lines.

Demián Bichir and Roselyn Sanchez nail it as Mr. and Mrs.Mendoza, the owners and hands-on operators of the Miami, Florida, Grand Hotel. As this is each of their second marriages they live in their hotel along with their mixed family of three (3) adult daughters and one (1) son.

The series has quickly evolved into a character driven series and less of a mystery. Mrs. Shullivan and I are glad we hung in there, just like many employees in the service and hotel industry have to to survive.

I'm rating the series a 7 out of 10 and I am optimistic my rating will improve just as the series is getting stronger with each episode. A season 2 is almost a sure thing!
15 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An interesting yet slipshod road trip adventure
8 July 2019
Harvey Keitel acting in almost any movie will turn up the heat and his ability to steal scenes playing many various characters is well known. Having just watched this road trip adventure/fantasy film I came away with the feeling that I was glad to have seen Harvey Keitel play the delusional Elivis Presley who to the other characters surprise, Byron Gruman (Johnathon Schaech) this Elvis impersonator seemed to know far too many remote and personal moments of the real Elvis's life.

The first half of the film grabs you and holds you until the end of the film, but the latter half is weak and Elvis's kink in his armor is gradually revealed.

I give this film a passable 5 out of 10 rating.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
And so Doc rides off into the sunset on his rocket train with his new family
8 July 2019
The Back to the Future trilogy is now complete and we have now seen time travel from the current 1985 back to 1955 then fast forward to 2015 and then slingshot back to the old cowpoke days of 1885 in Hill Valley. Don't despair though because that dastardly badman Buford 'Mad Dog' Tannen / Biff Tannen (Thomas F. Wilson) is back in the saddle to wreak havoc on not only the town of Hill Valley but to challenge quick draw Marty McFly to a draw.

Marty travels back to 1885 to try and save his good friend Doc, Dr. Emmett Brown (Christopher Lloyd) after his name appears on a tombstone after drawing against Buford 'Mad Dog' Tannen. Good old Doc the scientist also finds a fellow book lover of H.G. Wells time travel in the pretty Clara Clayton (Mary Steenburgen) and rather than have the romance aspect revolve around Marty McFly this time their are hearts a fluttering with Dr. Emmett Brown so the third time around is in fact a charm.

It was a great way to end the trilogy and a western to boot!

I give this third chapter a steady 9 out of 10 rating.