Reviews

Loved it
12 October 2019
I loved this movie, funny, quirky, great cast, Tom Waits, great script, unusual. If you're after a run of the mill zombie movie this isn't it, but if you like Jim Jarmusch movies you'll love it.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bit of a let down
19 September 2019
I loved the first film, didn't like second, enjoyed the 3rd (despite it being so over the top ludicrous) and loved the 4th, so I was looking forward to this, hoping it was of the same quality as the last one. But it wasn't, it was weird, the effects, the settings, the dialogue, it all seemed very B-Movie, were there budgetary restrictions or something? Despite that I figured it could still be good, but no, it just got worse, a terrible script, pointless things happening, stupid situations happening, and an end battle that really didn't make sense, the enemy changed from a group of Mexican criminals to some delta force hit squad type thing, very odd.

And I really don't get what the kid even died of?
1 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Arrival (II) (2016)
Enjoyable, but not as clever as it thinks it is.
12 August 2019
By the Tim should get to the end, and I suppose the point, though there really isn't much of a point, what you find out then makes what came before not really make any sense. I can't really expound on it, without giving away the movie.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shaft (2019)
Great fun
28 June 2019
Yeah, there's not much depth to it, but when a film is this much fun it doesn't need it.
85 out of 153 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Anna (II) (2019)
Big letdown
27 June 2019
This, on paper at least, is my type of movie, so I was really expecting to enjoy it. I didn't. It was pretty terrible, very predictable, & she's also not much of an actor, no range.
37 out of 88 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good Omens (2019)
Disappointed
1 June 2019
Good Omens is my favourite novel, I've read it dozens of times over the years, it always makes me laugh, binged 3 episodes of this and didn't laugh a single time. I'd been looking forward to seeing this, but also worried they'd fail, it's not terrible, but I think maybe someone else should have done the adaptation, it seems to have lost all Pratchetts humor, for me anyway. A lot of it is still in there, but done badly. The casting isn't great either, the Them are all terrible cliches, and give soulless performances, like they're all just simply reading the lines. Tenants gurning, Dr Who type acting often doesn't work for me, and at times in this it's just too over the top, and brings you out of the moment. Sheen though, for me at least, is perfect, as are many of the little characters, Josie long, John Hamm, Miranda Richardson, Michael McKean are all great. So is Jack Whitehall, and I can't stand him normally, but I didn't even recognize him at first, as he wasn't playing it in the same exact character he plays in everything else, it turns out he can act!
52 out of 122 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrifically bad
23 May 2019
I really wanted to enjoy this, but it's just too awful, poorly written, terrible characters, terrible stories, it screws up other Star Treks, rather than fitting in with them. I endured the entire 1st season, before finally giving up. I now watch Orville and pretend that's Star Trek, it's more similar to old Trek than this steaming pile.
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cloak & Dagger (2018– )
Sooooo boring
9 March 2019
So very slow going. The 2 main characters are played by very poor actors. It's like a really bad teen drama. I loved the comic, and it doesn't bother me that they changed the origin story for the TV show, but at least make it interesting, like the comic.
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great fun
8 March 2019
Thoroughly enjoyable marvel movie, do yourself a favour, ignore all the 1 star reviews full of hyperbole, as usual they're from people with an agenda, and judging by what they're saying they don't even appear to have seen the movie. This movie was done really well, the casting, the effects, the dialogue, all great. Maybe some people don't get sarcasm, so that may have gone over manys heads? I'll definitely be rewatching this over and over again.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cargo (I) (2017)
Pretty bad
24 May 2018
I hate films where the characters get themselves into situations by doing stupid and illogical things. And that's pretty much what this entire film is. I love Zombie movies, and I'm a big fan of Martin Freeman, but that couldn't save this rubbish movie.
35 out of 82 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.