Reviews

Terminal (I) (2018)
A great little film with a great part by Dexter Fletcher
22 September 2019
It's one of those films that should get a cult status had we still used DVD's but alas this will get lost in the rush. I enjoyed this as it kept you guesses you didn't quite know what was going on. There were sone clues thoughout and I must admit Mike Myers was great.

Dexter Fletcher played an exceptional nasty character and they used him to throw you off track a bit. Very good acting all round imho. It's worthy of an 8 but I gave it 9 for the many plot twists.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
There's a racist writing the script
9 August 2019
Can someone tell why the majority of gruesome deaths in this season are all happening to black people? I think if you take a quick note you will see a large discrepancy. I find it rather unsettling.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another Life (2019– )
Not as bad as others would have you believe
2 August 2019
Yes it's a bit hokey on parts and it does drag a bit however it seems to get into gear in the last two episodes. I'm hoping for a 2nd series with a much tighter script and a few more non white faces in space.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Handmaid's Tale: Liars (2019)
Season 3, Episode 11
Finally Some Justice : Praise Be
1 August 2019
I don't know which made me smile more Winslow's fate or Fred's both of whom are equally despicable slime ball rapists.

A very good episode but when Gilead falls I hope the leaders and their wives are all executed. However I'd leave them to the Martha's to do with as they wish.
13 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Boys (2019– )
My Antidote to Marvel and Co.
26 July 2019
Having being all superheroed out with the never ending train of films this is so much welcome relief. It's not for kids and I love the choice language which is appropriate.
694 out of 794 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
La trêve (2016– )
Question
10 July 2019
How come Mrs Liang has the same clothes on despite there being many days between her screen time.?
Dark (2017– )
It will make your head ache in season 2
25 June 2019
This is a show which I will have to watch season 1 all over again as it just messes with your head so in season 2. It completely messes with the sci fi version of time travel and almost gives a reason for deja vu. My high school German has also improved I'm pleased to say. A great show and a must watch if you like very intelligent sci fi. A must watch show which I rate above Stranger Things.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The OA (2016–2019)
Mind Boggling Delight
18 June 2019
I have enjoyed this series from the outset and the acting is superb all round with a very deep storyline. It's one of the better Netflix series and probably the only one I will watch again from the beginning. I must make special mention of the actor who plays Washington who's presence holds you whenever he's onscreen.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Designated Survivor (2016–2019)
11 June 2019
I'm not sure why they even bothered with season 3 as it's jumped the shark and was something I actually fast forwarded, which I've never done to a tv series but this was bad so bad. The transgender sister in law, the only two black guys with speaking parts are Gay and ones HIV, the euthanasia, the Latinos it just went so far over the top it wasn't funny anymore it was embarrassing. Also the bad language was way over the top only thing missing was the C word.

I'm so glad it's over.
24 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I am all Superhero'd out
9 May 2019
I was slightly underwhelmed by the movie and I didn't cry at the ending at all. There was far too much sickly sweet scenes for my liking.

The time travel bit left more questions than answers for me. The 2nd click mmmm

I won't be going to see anymore Marvel movies apart from maybe Black Panther as I'm done
10 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Star Trek: Discovery: Such Sweet Sorrow (2019)
Season 2, Episode 13
Get rid of Po
12 April 2019
I don't know who decided to give us that PO character but she's a big mistake in such a great show. I cannot abide her.

Quick someone kill her off now.
4 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dirty John (2018– )
It's a cracking good series
26 February 2019
From the outset it seems like this is going nowhere but then it has you shouting at the TV. Eric Bana plays the part so well I'd want to spit in his eye if I saw him on the street. Top quality acting all round and the annoying sisters play their parts so well.

As for the mother why oh why did you after all you've been married quite a few times before.

A great show with all to real ending.

The fact that this is based on an actual event is even more astounding.

A great show and neflicks gets another hit.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bordertown (2016– )
The Poor Daughter she needs to change her name to 'Lucky'
22 February 2019
I do like this series but the daughter Janina well she's not really has a great time which might explain her mood.

1.She been drugged and kidnapped 2. Arrested for murder. 3. Her boyfriend gets shot in front of her. 4. She's held hostage in her own home. 5. She worked at the same place as the cannibal killer and knew him.

Let's hope she has a much less eventful life in series 3
Slasher (2016– )
I did enjoy the fate of the police chief
29 January 2019
I must admit it was a glorious ending for the chief of police he deserved all he got. I enjoyed his creams lol
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brain dead script
27 January 2019
Utter drivel and so badly acted it was a disgrace how did this get made. This is the worst of the worst
The Punisher (2017–2019)
Why did he let the ex Nazi live?
24 January 2019
Boys or no boys I'd have made that Nazi eat that metal bottle. Easy let off imho and a disappointing ending.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Titans (I) (2018– )
At Last a Superhero show with grit
12 January 2019
The problem with all the superhero movies tv series is that they are pretty tame affairs. This show isn't as it's got lots of cussing and dead bodies. Like Robin said " f##k Batman". I do hope it continues in the same vein and doesn't water itself down to reach a wider audience.
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Murder Mountain (2018– )
Apparently the war on drugs didn't include these people
3 January 2019
I am of the opinion that the sheriff office might have a very good reason for not investigating Garrets death.

This is a part of America where white people can do anything and I mean anything and get away with it.
3 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Domestics (2018)
The Wife is such a snowflake
2 January 2019
Actually it's a decent enough film Mad Max meets the Strangers. How the wife survived this long is beyond me she's a typical millennial waste of space.

Enjoyable film though.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dear Bobby Roth
27 December 2018
Stick to TV as you suck at making movies. You play to your strengths which is TV shows not films.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Edge of Fear (2018)
I just don't believe how bad it is
27 December 2018
I cannot believe that a film with 4 Prison Break actors in it could be so bad. Shockingly bad. A waste of good talent.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This has 3 characters from Prison Break in it
27 December 2018
Surely that's not a coincidence that 3 main Prison Break characters are in this movie.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good Cops & Robbers movie with a nice twist.
23 December 2018
Plenty of action and this is the one movie in which I wanted the cops dead as they were low life scum with a badge. The ex soldiers had a code which they kept to and the cops had none. Donnie fooled everyone!!
Van Helsing (2016– )
Season 3 has really kicked into gear
26 November 2018
I think this show is pretty good and the fact that it has 4-5 separate stories going on shows the creativity of the writers. Crazy Sam, Van Helsing sisters and the vampire girl cult (the snippers), Axel and the Doctor. This makes a pretty decent storyline with lots of blood and plenty of gore.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I found the lead annoyingly idiotic
26 November 2018
How this fool managed to stay alive is beyond me unable to follow an order not a team player. He'd not last 5 mins I'm a zombie apocalypse. Here's hoping they replace him with someone better.