Lost in Space (2018– )
Good re-boot with great casting,super special effects and interesting twists on original.
15 April 2018
The first few episodes are exciting and visually stunning. Great vistas and the plot twists were cool, Female Dr. Smith is OK, Alien as Robot accomplished with great C.G. images. Best though are compelling performances from Toby Stephens playing Capt. Flint in space. Deadwood,House of Cards alum Molly Parker is strong,savvy. I think it is great fun, spunky nostalgia and people are often expecting to much. It's Lost in Space. It looks awesome, the actors are really good, chill out.......
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Movie,Great Cast,Great History lesson!
13 April 2015
As a History buff and a big fan of many of the cast members, I may be predisposed to my somewhat enthusiastic opinion but I LOVE this film! It's a serious subject and still painful to many,so tone is important and this film strikes the right balance between past pain and hopeful outcomes. George,Matt and John's performances are awesome.More scenes with all the characters would have added another level of fun. I want more History of the individuals and the art involved but thats a minor critique. The Set designs are amazing as is the Sense of MIlitary realism... The Tanks and Jeeps and Planes and authentic costumes combine to make it feel like you are in Europe at the the end of the war. It feels real. Courage and individual determination to save these unique artifacts is very cool, take away.. History needs protection. This lesson is important to the story and it's topical. Bonus stuff -Locations are visually striking and the scope of the film is Large! Overall.. a Great Movie.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
24: Live Another Day: 6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. (2014)
Season 1, Episode 8
Better than original
20 June 2014
This version of 24 is tighter than the original from a plot perspective and from an action angle.Fewer chases and bad marksmen.More of a closed loop so too speak... as they know the story is not open ended. Most striking is the acting, even better cast than before. Benjamin Bratt and Willam Devane are significant upgrades at their positions,both strong screen presences.Kiefer is somehow more controlled yet more involved with the story arc, more of a story catalyst.Location are scenic and setting it in London means it looks very authentic.The character Margo is so spooky mean, she reminds me of the Wicked Witch of the West in the Wizard of Oz...very nice job.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.