The Festival (2018)
I could watch this film over and again over again!
9 November 2018
If you like The Inbeweeners, you will like this! I wasn't sure that I'd like this film, however from the minute it started - andI mean the minute it started I was laughing so much! I don't think I've ever laughed so much at a film before.

For a comedy the plot was really good, it followed through, there was character development and overall it was just a really really good film!

I'd definitely recommend this film!
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Quiet Place (2018)
One of the worst films ever.
9 November 2018
Paying to watch this film in the cinemas was a very big mistake! It was just so bad, the plot didn't seem that bad but it was so boring. Had I have watched this film on Netflix I would have turned it off. But because I had paid to see it, I felt obliged to stay.

The high rating surprises me, the film is different and the plot is good. But the way this film was executed was so boring and dull. The back story is never really spoken about, it's just 'this is where we are now', so you don't care much for the characters - and there is very little character development.

I would definitely not recommend this film.
Don't Breathe (2016)
A surprisingly good film!
9 November 2018
I didn't expect this film to be nowhere near as good as it was. The actors are not well known by any means, the plot is really good. The actors bring the plot to life making a really good tense film.

I'd definitely recommend this film, although it may not seem that good you won't be disappointed.
Sanctum (2011)
Literally no point to this film!
21 December 2016
It should be the case that anyone can watch any film and like that film. So, although this film is about caves - anyone who watches it should like it within reason. This film creates a lot of background information which simply bored me, maybe it was because I'm not into caves...

There's simply too many characters in this film. That is the first problem. I understand that there is a man and he has a child. But that's about it. I don't understand the need to have so many random characters. I didn't understand who was dying and when.

As the storyline unfolds... You're not interested in what is going to happen next. You don't feel attached to the character, it's like you don't care. You can tell the producers tried hard with the film. The acting is good and the camera work is good. The issue is the plot.
The Resident (2011)
Not a bad thriller...
17 August 2016
The film starts off quite slow I'd say... It's supposed to be a thriller and for the 30 minutes I feel this film is not going to deliver. The first 30 minutes isn't boring, it's just not thrilling. Then after the film takes a very interesting turn. That's when you realise that the first 30 minutes were significant.

The film keeps you on edge and wondering what will happen. I think the film succeeds in the thriller genre unlike many other films. The film does take a creepy turn which I didn't really expect, but I suppose it adds to the creepiness of the film.

This isn't a film whereby you'd specifically remember it afterwards or recommend it to someone. But it's not a bad film by any means. I've seen a lot of films with a similar genre and they are shockingly boring! And this film is not boring...

I'd recommend this film... It's something to watch and it's not that long but beware of the creepiness in this film. I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to watch this film.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

1. Why didn't Juliet escape from the stairs during the end scene? Surely that would make more sense?

2. How could she forgive her ex husband so quickly?
Apartment 143 (2011)
Boring, unexplained plot holes and dodgy camera angle...
8 August 2016
This film has got to be one of the worst films I've ever seen. It's a predictable film, but what makes it so much more worse is the dodgy camera angle! The film's angle is extremely dodgy and the quality is not clear at all. So that combined with a bad plot is a recipe for disaster...

The film isn't interesting in the slightest. In fact the only interesting scene was the last one whereby the main character explained the whole film and what actually happened. I feel in an attempt to make the audience understand what was going on throughout the film, the camera crew and co explained small stuff to the child in the film... In doing so the audience understood what all the equipment was for.

There is really nothing else to say about this film. It was an extremely boring film. Nothing about this film was scary nor jumpy, it's simply random generic events. You want to know what the cause of all this is and that's why you watch till the end.

The ending of the film makes no sense what so ever! But by this time the whole film is already a let down, that you expect the ending to be a let down.

The whole film is low budget and it's extremely obvious. There is nothing wrong with a film being low budget, but in this film the plot didn't make up for it. There are so many plot holes in this film...

Overall, I definitely would not recommend this film.

Spoilers ahead:

1. Okay, so Caitlin has schizophrenia... How does that explain the picture turning upside down and the teapot moving?

2. How was Caitlin in the air towards the end?

3. Why didn't the doctor tell Alan he knew he was lying about how his wife died?

4. Who was the girl at the end?
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Family (I) (2013)
This film is famous because of the actors...
2 April 2016
I think the only reason why this film has the rating it does is because it has well known actors in it.

This film has an interesting start and makes you want to know what's happening. But, the plot does not deliver. You're not exactly bored when watching the film... But that's because you think it's going to go somewhere. Don't get me wrong, it could be worse. But, it is a stupid film to say at the least.

It's not that interesting or entertaining... This isn't a film you'd remember, it's more a film that would come on television and one day and you'd remember that you saw it one day (if that)... There was no suspense to it. It wasn't particularly funny.

The plot was stupid. It wasn't going anywhere. You get attracted to this film because of the famous actors, so you think it'll be good.

I definitely would not recommend this film. There are plot holes, but in the end it's like I don't even care about the plot holes because I wasn't fully engaged in the film anyway. Halfway through the film I just knew the film was going no where but I hoped I was wrong. I wasn't.
Mirrors (I) (2008)
It's just missing something...
2 April 2016
I've watched enough films now to know how a film will pan out. The beginning is somewhat boring. However, halfway through the film I was surprisingly gripped it's like what happened in the start is irrelevant and almost acceptable because I was so gripped... Then I started to think the film was actually good and I'd been too harsh.

But then towards the end of the film it does go somewhat downhill. I can't work out if it was a good film or not. I think it introduces irrelevant plots at the start and focuses on them too much. But that's not the real issue...

I think the film drags a little bit? It's missing something which is preventing me from rating it higher than a 6! I just don't know what. The ending is actually quite good... But it's more what happened before the actual ending that is a let down.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this film. I'd say it's okay but not something I'd recommend. It's better than other films I've seen because you are gripped in the middle of the film... But it's not an amazing film.

I think the acting could have been better... Because the plot isn't too bad apart from how the ending came about, I just don't feel like the characters were really 'into' their roles.

I've watched this film and I'd rate it a 6. If nothing else is on then watch this film. I wouldn't recommend renting this film or choosing it over another one... It's not that good.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good concept but definitely fails to deliver...
16 February 2016
The main character George will often say things that all us think at some point in our lives like 'why should I do this homework when I'm going to die anyway'...

He will say stuff that you can relate to and whilst it seems like there is some deep interesting aspect to this film - there isn't. I genuinely gained nothing from watching this film. I thought it would get better and deliver... I was just bored throughout the film.

I really would not recommend this film. It makes me you feel like it's going somewhere but it's really not...

Spoilers ahead: 1. I don't get the ending. How did Sally change George's mindset? What did she do exactly?
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Film that depends on how you're feeling...
13 February 2016
The first I watched this film I thought it was amazing and I gave it a 10/10. However, when I watched it again I'd give it a 5/6. I think the extent to how much you enjoy this film depends on how you're feeling.

When I first watched this film I was quite down, therefore this film really made me realise a lot of stuff. Whereas, now I'm watching this film with a completely different mindset.

The main character, Craig... He represents a lot of people and a lot of people can relate to him in a lot of different ways. You can also relate to his friends and family throughout the film as well. It's a good film with a good meaning behind it.

I wouldn't rate it higher because after seeing it again... I think it's good but not that good. I get what the film is trying to say and it all makes sense... But that's it. It's not exactly life changing, in saying that the first time I saw it I would have said the film was life changing...

I'd recommend this film... It puts your life into perspective to some extent.
Man Up (I) (2015)
Light-hearted film..
5 February 2016
I'm not too sure what to say about this film... It was a good film. Not the worst and not the best. It made me laugh and even cry at one point. I feel there is depth to this film, but I didn't feel that depth that much. It's a comedy, yet I didn't find it that funny.

It kept me wanting to watch it although I feel I always knew what would happen in the film.

It's not a film I'd definitely recommend. This is more a light-hearted film that you watch because you don't want anything too serious or intense.

There isn't really anything else to say about this film really...
In Fear (I) (2013)
LONG pointless film.
6 January 2015
This was bad. Even when I was watching it I had hope that it would get better. It didn't. The film consists of two characters driving around in circles trying to a find a hotel, but it seems someone/something is after them. That's it. Nothing more and nothing less. That sentence pretty much sums up the film. I will also add to that the film is extremely long, it's not interesting yet drags on.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

1. Around 1 hour into the film we find out who is behind this... After this point onwards I don't see the point of the film. I see the point if the film makers had a background story to why this was happening - they didn't thus making it a waste of time. The film unnecessarily dragged on.

2. The start of the film was extremely stupid and unrealistic. Since when do hotels send someone out for you to follow them so you can find the hotel. The hotel would give the person directions. What didn't make sense is the guy had a SatNav so surely he could have entered the postcode in? If the hotel was in the middle of no where and a SatNav couldn't reach it... Why would the guy book such a hotel? Surely alarm bells were ringing when they said they'd send a car for him to follow.

3. The film consisted of them just driving round and round in circles. It was boring. It was worse because they'd only just met each other so there was no interesting conversation either.

4. It was Max. So what? Who is Max? And why is he doing this? If the film didn't drag on for so much and it just ended... It may have even added suspense that we didn't know why Max was doing this.

Overall. An extremely long film which had no storyline what so ever.
Man on Fire (2004)
Confusing long film.
6 January 2015
This film had the potential to be really good. The plot was average but could be turned into something really good. However, the film did not deliver. It was extremely long and quite confusing. Scenes were edited a lot to add more effect - this just made me more confused. I definitely would not recommend this film. It's long when it doesn't need to be. It's confusing because there seems to be too many characters and too many things going on, thus you just don't even care what's going on! I'm very surprised it has such a high rating...

SPOILERS AHEAD:

1. Guy is losing hope. Gets a job as a security guard for a rich family to look after a young girl. Becomes close with the young girl who gives him hope. I have summarised the first 1 hour of the film. The first 1 hour of the film dragged on! I kept wanting something to happen and nothing did! The first hour showed the audience how much the girl meant to Creasy (the security guard). Nothing interesting happened at all. You could skip the first 1 hour of this film and you'd still understand the film... That's how irrelevant it was.

2. After the girl gets kidnapped... I understood a little bit of what was going on. After that... I didn't understand it at all. Too many people seemed to be involved and it was very confusing.

3. So at the end Creasy dies... So what about that news reporter? What happened there?

4. The editing of the scenes probably made me more confused. As soon as Creasy was going to do something violent the editing started. I found it extremely annoying.

5. At the end Creasy dies! What sort of ending is that for a film?
0 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Devil (2010)
Not bad...
22 September 2014
I'd say this was film was average. The plot wasn't the best but it worked. There were no holes within the plot and the film made sense. On top of that it had a meaning behind it.

It wasn't the best film I've ever seen and it wasn't the scariest either. All in all it was an okay film. Usually scary films have rubbish endings and the plot is really bad - this film was different.

I do think it could have been improved but it was okay. I'd say watch this if nothing else it on, it's not too long and it doesn't drag on. If you want something really scary then don't watch this because it's not really that scary.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Complete and utter waste of time!
21 September 2014
I thought the last 5 minutes would sum up everything I saw. I was wrong. The ending is... I wouldn't even call it an ending. You're left wondering what actually happened in the film and what the explanation is. Even if you like interpreting things yourself - this film is very vague. You could say there were a lot of random events that happened but nothing came of them.

For example the main character had a dodgy job - that's it. That's all I can tell you about it. Nothing ever came of it. Then the storyline moved onto something else which was never explained.

I've seen a lot of rubbish films with rubbish endings but this film is completely ridiculous. I genuinely mean that. The film doesn't explain anything at all. In other rubbish films I've seen you get some sort of rubbish explanation... In this film there is no explanation what so ever.

I definitely would not recommend this film at all.

SPOILERS AHEAD: 1. Was the guy mentally ill or not?

2. Was the woman dead or not?

3. Why would he tell the supposed dead woman that he slept with someone else when he was also sleeping with her? Surely she'd mind...

4. Why would he accept a dodgy job?

5. Why did we always get scenes of him in the woods? It was something he dreamed of in his book, but why show it in the film? What is the significance?
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lucy (I) (2014)
What a waste of time!
21 September 2014
The trailer for this film looks quite good... In reality this film is a waste of time. I rarely go to the cinemas because it's so expensive. I can't believe I paid to see this film! I should have watched another film...

I understood the film and I thought it was quite good - that was until it ended. The film finished and I said to my friend 'is that it? Then people started walking out because the film had finished. I honestly couldn't believe the film had finished. I thought it was just getting started never mind it was finished! My friend explained the film to me... From what she said I get it. However, if what she said is correct the whole meaning could have been explained a lot better.

Say I was watching this film by myself without any explanation of the ending... It simply made no sense. It's a case of 'so what'? What is the film trying to show? I simply don't understand the point of this film...

I understand everything that happened. I thought the film would carry on therefore when I evaluate everything I've seen it doesn't make any sense.

Just to add... Morgan Freeman's role in this role was a complete waste. It could have been played by anyone. He adds nothing valuable to this film.
34 out of 71 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Half Nelson (2006)
A really boring film...
18 September 2014
This film looks interesting and it seems like it will be good. In reality it's an extremely boring film. There is no character development... You barely find anything out about the characters. As someone else mentioned what you know at the start is literally what you know at the end.

I wouldn't recommend this film because there is nothing to it. You gain nothing from watching this film. I expected something to happen but nothing did...

It's a long film which drags on and nothing happens. You would expect to see some sort of development - not with this film.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Is that it?
18 September 2014
At the end of the film I thought 'is that it?' I couldn't believe I'd sat through the entire film to find out that was the ending.

I understand that the film was based on a true story however with it being a film I expected some sort of drama and climax. The first 1 hour of the film was a complete waste of time - I found myself falling asleep and that never happens when I watch a film! You barely find out anything about the characters... Therefore, I felt no real connection to anyone I didn't really care whether they left or not.

Nothing dramatic happened in the film and the thing just went from one scene to another with very little happening. Just when you thought they'd be a climax - there wasn't.
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Billy Elliot (2000)
Average film...
18 September 2014
This film made me laugh and cry and overall it was an average film. I would have rated it higher if the storyline would have been developed more. I think the acting was really good and the storyline didn't show off the acting as well as it could have done.

This is a famous film but I don't feel it's that good. It's okay. It's something you'd watch if nothing else was on not something you'd specially make time for. I really do think it could have been a lot better. The ending lets down this film apart from that it's not too bad.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

1. One minute Billy's Dad hates the idea of him doing ballet and the next minute he's fine with it - this definitely should have been developed more.

2. Why did his brother suddenly agree to it?

3. Why didn't Billy tell his ballet teacher? Why was there awkwardness between to them at the end?

4. We never actually knew of any Billy's feelings towards ballet...
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Silent House (2011)
Interesting twist...
7 September 2014
The film is okay. It takes a while to get into but after that I wouldn't say it was too bad. It's jumpy at times and it makes sense. Towards the end of the film I didn't think it would all come together. Films never usually come together towards the end especially scary films. Surprisingly, this film came together and things made sense. However, I really do think the ending could have been worked on a lot more.

I've read some other reviews on here and what somebody else said makes complete sense... Apart from the last 10 - 15 minutes of the film you're watching something whereby a girl is running around a house and you think someone else in the house. The last 10 - 15 minutes really do turn this film around, it is for that reason that I give this film the rating I do.

However, the actual point of the film which is only explained in the last part of the film - it feels like 3 minutes of the film. Before you know it the film's over and you think now what? It doesn't really make sense... You watch the whole film and see one thing which gives no real indication of what the point of the film is, then you get this unexpected twist which isn't really explained.

On one hand I wouldn't recommend this film because the ending does let the film down. However, I would recommend it because the ending is a complete shock and a real twist and for that reason I recommend the film. Although you want to know more maybe people who like open endings would like this film... It wasn't the worst film by any means however it's not the best film either.
Shell (I) (2012)
So what?
7 September 2014
I usually like films like this. Slightly unusual and in an isolated setting - they usually have a deeper meaning and are interesting to watch. This film was extremely boring. You don't really find out that much throughout the film. It lacks a lot of character development and development in general.

In some ways I'd say the film was confusing. For example Shell's father randomly fell to the floor and seemed to be having some sort of attack of some sort. I only found out he had epilepsy when I read a review on here! This was never mentioned throughout the film and it wasn't that obvious what was even going on. Shell's father fell to the floor then she put a towel in his mouth... It was never expanded upon on.

I really can't see a deeper meaning behind the film. Shell didn't want to leave her father but she wanted to find out what else was out there. That's basically the storyline.

I also found the film to be quite slow. When people were talking there were long silences... The film dragged out quite a bit and it was boring to say at the least.

I wouldn't recommend this film but maybe others could see something in the film that I couldn't.
2 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thirst (2009)
Weird...
7 September 2014
(I'm not from South Korea so maybe that's why I didn't like this film that much) This film was weird. The scenes between the characters was weird. The sexual scenes were particularly weird. However, throughout the film I was never bored. In a strange way I wanted to keep on watching the film despite it not being that good.

It wasn't really a good film. It didn't really make any real sense. It was an extremely weird film to watch. I felt no connection towards any of the characters and some scenes were confusing.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this film. It was somewhat boring but once you started watching it you want to keep on watching it because it's so weird.
1 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
By far the most boring film I have ever seen!
2 September 2014
I have seen some really rubbish films however, this film is absolutely boring. I have a rule whereby once I've started watching a film I have to finish it no matter how boring it is. I almost broke my rule whilst watching this film.

I've seen other films which had a rubbish plot however, this film is just something else altogether. It's like there were 50 people and one person started with one idea, then the second person decided the second idea and so forth. The film makes no sense what so ever. Every scene is a waste of time. No scene in the film leads on from one another. For example at the start of the film the two characters are talking, you may think that the conversation has some significance - it doesn't.

I waited throughout the whole film to think 'wait this is the part where the film makes sense'... Even at the last scene I was waiting for some magic moment... It never came.

The film wasn't scary as such it was more jumpy. It was a strange film because nothing made sense. It's almost like, so what? That happened but so what? There were no answers to anything but moreover there was no consistency throughout the film.

I would definitely avoid this film.
14 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Hole (2009)
Extremely generic...
26 August 2014
The film made me a jump a bit and I felt quite tense at times... The film wasn't that scary. The plot was very generic which makes me feel like the film was a waste of time. There's no point in anyone watching this film because the ending lets the film down completely.

I found myself thinking 'is this it?' I've sat through the whole film to watch this ending. I do give the film some credit because it did make me feel tense and jump a certain scenes. It wasn't particularly scary however it did keep me somewhat interested...

The characters were very generic as well, there wasn't much development on them. There was some development but I feel the majority of the film was a build up then the last part happened but very quickly...
Coeurs (2006)
Where was this film going?
10 August 2014
Maybe I feel this way towards this film because I'm not French, maybe that is a reason.

This film was good and I felt it was going somewhere... Somewhere which had a deep and meaningful ending. However, the ending was a disappointment. When I think back to what happened... I don't see the point of it. There is probably one thing that this film portrays and that's 'things don't always go to plan'. Apart from that I took nothing else away from this film.

It's almost like this film ended too soon. I want to know more about the characters and what happens. I feel like I've watched half a film.

This film had the potential to be something good but it just didn't get there. It felt meaningful but it really wasn't.

However, maybe that is because I'm not French...

Spoilers ahead:

1. Why did the woman give that other guy a tape at the end? Was it history repeating itself... What was all that about?

2. What was the woman with the tape up to? That's what gets to me the most...?
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.