Reviews

Terrible
16 January 2020
Wow, this is one of the worst comedies I have seen.

Based on the French movie "Le diner de cons" which is my favorite movie - this is a terrible remake. The story line sucks the acting, particularly by Carrel is over the top and annoying.

The French version is clever in every aspect, both the dialogue and the acting, the whole plot is quite realistic and well executed - the Hollywood version is none of that. I have to wonder if the director ever saw the French version and if he did, why would he make this POS.
Huh?
12 January 2020
I have no clue why this movie was made! While the acting is good, the storyline is boring and pointless. Better version of this type of storyline have been done ad nauseam decades ago. Watching this thing is a perfectly waste of time. I wom't bother getting into the plot as there really isn't anything of essence.
This was as bad as most Le Carre movies
26 December 2019
Long drawn out dialogues with no action whatsoever - unless you consider dialogue action. I am not sure what possessed Ben Kingsley to star in this mind numbingly boring movie - he could have done something more productive with his time such as mowing his lawn or cleaning his pool.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another Dolph dud
12 December 2019
Yikes, another dud for Dolph. This plot has been done to death, by every wannabe action star and it still sucks. The plot is overdone, the dialogue is boring and the acting marginal. He was a terrible actor in his prime and it seems that he hasn't improved - so really practice does not at all make perfect.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chasing Molly (2019)
Zzzzz
12 December 2019
I miss the days when movies were good. This is another crap movie with a lousy script, bad dialogue and poor acting. This movie is the equivalent of an untalented writer self-publishing a book on Amazon.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
D-Day (2019)
That was really bad
11 December 2019
Wow! This movie sucks. Where do I start, bad acting - no, make that abysmal acting by really bad actors. Awful script, poor dialogue. To sum it up, without a doubt the worst military/war movie I have ever seen.
Frightfully Boring
8 November 2019
Normally you watch a movie on the plane to make the trip go by faster, this movie has the opposite effect. My trip felt like an eternity. The movie while packed with action scenes is mind-numbingly boring and the acting is atrocious. While Keanu seems like a likable chap his acting is pretty bad, he is not believable in the role of an action star despite his martial arts training. The fight scenes are clumsy and poorly choreographed and just not believable.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Master (2012)
Awfully boring
18 August 2019
Some claim this is a cinematic master piece, but I don't see it. To me it was awfully boring and uninteresting at best and terrible at worst. The cinematography is great but if the story line doesn't match then the overall experience is just lacking - but I felt similarly about "There Will Be Blood". I watch movies to switch off and be entertained, and I wasn't.
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Capote (2005)
Horribly long and boring
10 August 2019
What a ghastly and boring movie. Were it not for Philip Seymour Hoffman I would not have watched the entire movie. And while I understand Hoffman's desire to sound like Capote, it was awfully hard on the ears listening to that for 2 hours. I am not sure that it could have been more entertaining given the dark subject, but it was rather painful to sit through this ordeal.
Serenity (2019)
Great cinematography, good acting but an abysmal storyline
4 August 2019
What a shame to waste the talents of great actors on a nonsensical plot and overall just a really bad movie. The cinematography was great but the movie is just ridiculous.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Galveston (2018)
That really sucked
3 August 2019
Another wasted 90 minutes on a movie with no purpose, plot or decent acting. I don't even know where to start this movie drags the whole way through nothing interesting happening at all.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great scenery but abysmal storyline
1 August 2019
The stupidity of this movie is astounding. There is nothing remotely good about it, but if you want to see some nice scenery then it's OK.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Con is On (2018)
A bad script portrayed by has been actors
28 July 2019
Just when you think there is no end to bad scripts in Hollywood they manage to churn one out that is utterly abysmal and without substance. Add to this a bunch of has been Pulp Fiction actors and you cannot possibly expect anything but absolute crap.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another crap movie courtesy of Adam Sandler
16 June 2019
Please Netflix stop hiring Adam Sandler for your projects. He sucks, he can't act worth a damn, he can't write nor direct worth a damn. Where do I start? The script it awful and the acting is painful to watch. I don't know how they lured Jennifer Aniston into acting in this crap of a movie. Another two hours that I can never get back.
6 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Widows (2018)
Zzzzzzzzzz
23 April 2019
What a snoozefest of a movie. Terribly boring to watch, no action, abysmal dialogue - overall just a terribly boring script.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Polar (I) (2019)
Abysmal
28 January 2019
The only reason I even give it 2 stars is because Mads Mikkelsen is a decent actor, incidentally that was also the reason I watched it. That said I guess his career must be on a downward path, I see no other reason for him to have participated in this piece of crap project.

The script is not bad and it could have been a fairly good flick, but the acting and the characters were so bad that it turned into a massive POS movie.

There is nothing appealing or interesting or humorous - it's just all bad nothing remotely good about this movie.

Given how many people gave it a positive review, I supposed that it has a broad enough appeal to where you have to make your own decision.
5 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Total Crap
1 January 2019
I tried to watch this movie on the airplane and even by airplane movie standards it sucks. Tata Werneck's is a dreadful actress and lacks the ability to make anything funny. Just talking fast does not a comedy make.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Emperor's New Clothes
8 December 2018
What on earth is this crap? This is without a doubt the worst movie or whatever it is attempting to be, I have seen in a long while. I guess people that like this thing are suffering from the "Emperor's New Clothes" syndrome - just because it is a Coen movie or series or whatever it tries to be does not mean it is good. The cinematography is sub par as is the acting and the plot is just crap - period.
9 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It could have been good, but alas it isn't
1 November 2018
The first disturbing issue with this movie is that it seems to glorify the terrorists that perpetrated the acts. I get that the film tries to show what went on in their heads, but this should have been kept to a minimum. Böse and Kuhlmann were both criminals as were all the other Baader-Meinhof and Rote Armee Fraktion gangsters and thus they should not have been glorified nor promoted.

During the most critical or interesting part of the film they decide to blend it in with an irritating dance routine. From an artistic/cinematographic perspective it adds nothing and from the film itself it detracts from the only interesting part of the film. In essence the core of the movie, the part that was the most important to the plot - because it depicts what was one of the greatest anti-terrorism campaigns ever orchestrated they decide to show a ridiculous dance sequence.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lots of Action zero substance
30 July 2018
As with all the other MI movies this plot also offers a lot of action and very little substance. The whole movie is over two and a half hours and is nothing but action scene followed by action scene.

While I enjoy action as much as the next guy, sometimes it is nice to actually have a worthwhile plot. And by plot I don't mean the usual convoluted MI plot, subplot, sub-subplot that just keeps changing direction. It is the same stuff that MI has been offering since MI 1 - no changes just the characters got older.

Unless you are a die hard MI fan, I would wait and watch it at home, where you don't have to sit for close to three hours waiting in agony for it to stop - at least you can watch it in pieces which would make it a lot more palatable.
16 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the better films of 2017
8 May 2018
IMO the last few years have been quite dull as far as movies are concerned, everything that comes out of Hollywood is just plain bad.

That's probably why most people including myself are so enamored with Netflix, it gives us the option to pick and choose films from other places rather than the ubiquitous junk from the West Coast.

My only place that I still catch main stream movies these days is when I fly commercially, and so I was lucky enough to catch this little gem.

The name gives away the whole plot, but essentially it centers around the rivalry between Tennis Legend Bjørn Borg and Tennis Loudmouth John McEnroe during the Wimbledon finals of 1980. The movie is in many ways very similar to Rush, which portrayed the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda just a few years earlier.

Both Sverrir Gudnason and Shia LaBeouf do an excellent job in portraying their respective characters, when I look at Sverrir Gudnason it's almost like stepping back in time and looking at Bjørn Borg and Shia LaBeouf is just as unlikable as the real McEnroe.

Overall it was a very enjoyable movie and I would recommend it to anybody interested in Tennis.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Week Of (2018)
The usual Adam Sandler crap
1 May 2018
Wow, another turd ball of a movie courtesy of Adam Sandler, amazing how he just keeps on producing complete crap. Even somewhat decent actors could not make this junk viewable.

This like most other Sandler movies. is crude, humorless in bad taste, and overall just stupid. After 20 minutes I completely gave up on this thing that attempts to be a movie.

Please Netflix dump this lemon (like Sony did) and spend the money buying foreign films, because Hollywood has clearly lost it's way.
6 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a turd ball of a movie
16 June 2017
Endless boring monologues and overall just a lifeless plot. Combine this with dreadful acting and that is this movie in a nutshell. Even fast forwarding the movie it was horrid.

No every Guy Ritchie tribute movie that comes out of the UK is good, this one is a prime example of just how bad a movie can be.
5 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dreadful
22 May 2017
I can for the life of me not understand why this movie was made.

The plot is incredibly unoriginal. Using Nikola Tesla and a half-witted conspiracy plot as the main storyline just did not work. Presumably, the writer used him because Tesla is currently in vogue, I suppose had he written the script a few years ago the plot would have revolved around an apple conspiracy.

While the acting was good and even featured some good actors the whole storyline was convoluted, boring, and just plain bad.

I can't help wonder who financed this thing and more importantly why did Netflix buy it and subject its viewers to it.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Artist (I) (2011)
Aaargh Why?
13 February 2017
Where do I begin, well for starters I can say that I am a huge fan of Jean Dujardin. However, as I lack any artistic bones in my DNA the black & white silent style of this movie just did not appeal to me.

The silent era as well as that of B&W, is a bygone era and for a good reason, it has been surpassed by better technology. I can certainly appreciate B&W photographs, for the most part, I prefer to shoot them that way. That, however, does not mean I want to watch a movie in this format.

Even as a kid I found Mel Brooks' Silent Movie to be somewhat annoying, but in the end, it was entertaining and funny - that said I only watched it once. The Artist was neither - perhaps it is my fault though as I fast forwarded through the majority of the film.
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.