They Remain (2018)
Good
17 September 2018
Watch it...with a beer and relax...forget the reviews...it's gripping...well acted...the cinematography is excellent...and in the end you won't feel you've wasted your time
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
XX (2017)
really quite good
14 May 2017
I enjoyed the stories. I felt this was a good example of talented directors getting the best out of their relatively unknown actors...all of whom did a wonderful job, actually. I highly recommend this for a fun scary nightwatch. Don't expect much. Just enjoy the work of these wonderfully talented directors. The stories are fast paced, fun, and sometimes terrifying. This one is going into my collection.
5 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Avoid!! Prestentious!! Boo Boo!!
12 May 2017
1. The attempt to be artsy-vartsy is obvious from scene 1 itself. 2. The direction is pseudo-pompous, if you get what I mean... 3. Stewart's acting is irritating to say the least. Her attempt to portray a morose character is overdone... 4. I sat through the movie because I have this obsessive habit of watching a movie in its entirety no matter how terrible it is. 5. The director is a pseudo-wannabe-artsy guy who is BORING BORING BORING!!!
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Walking Dead: TS-19 (2010)
Season 1, Episode 6
A Classic Zombie Series
28 February 2011
Finally! After a lot of near-nonsensical zombie movies, we've now come across a stylish, matter-of-fact zombie series that's just gripping...to say the least. Apart from the brilliant direction & screenplay, what really hits the viewer(maybe unconsciously)is the brilliant camera-work...and, hold on, the fantastic background music - which is used to a minimum...it's used only at the right moments! Most of the time there's no music, which actually adds to the tension...making you feel you are with them! Of course, the heavy influence of "28 days Later" & "28 weeks later" is obvious, but it's pardonable, considering the final result. Even the background music is influenced by John Murphy...but hey, no problem! The end result - Can't wait for season 2!
6 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.