Reviews

Toy Story 4 (2019)
Good but not the best.
22 June 2019
The 3rd one I think is better but this is not bad at all, it just doesn't reach that level. It has good emotional moments and several ones of "knot in the throat" in which you'll cry. I like the development of the villain (Gaby Gaby), her arc and how she evolves. The initial scene with the rain and how they tell us what happened with Bo Peep 9 years ago is GREAT. The new characters Forky, Ducky and Bunny, Duke Caboom and Giggle McDimples are great. The road that Woody has to travel and how he has to get rid of his past with Andy is very well done. The ending with Woody and Buzz Lightyear is one of the best things I've seen. 3D animation is the biggest thing that Pixar has done, there are times that even it looks real.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
it gives what it promises
17 June 2019
An expansion in the mythology of this universe. It has action, a lot of comedy by Chris Hemsworth (the old one is now the funny one and the new one is the serious one) and there is chemistry between them, the tiny little alien in red is sarcastic and charming. The music is the same and transports you to this forgotten universe years ago. Obviously it is not a masterpiece, also at the end it stretches a little, but it fulfills what it promises.
Dark Phoenix (2019)
IT'S NOT GOOD. NOT BAD.
6 June 2019
IT'S NOT GOOD. Disappointment. I can not say that it is bad either because it has very good effects and some other excellent action scene. But more than half of the movie is slow and boring. And that ending, damn. It is not worthy for mutants after 19 years. The villain is the bad bad for the reasons we've seen a thousand times, kill the humans, reign on earth and repopulate it with their species. Erik changes his mind suddenly from bad to good, you can see that Jennifer did not want to act for a while ago and they killed her only to run out of this franchise from the beginning (it's not a spoiler, it was always known that she was going to die), Quicksilver leaves at the beginning and disappears to appear 2 seconds at the end when they remember him since in the re-shooting he was not there. You can see the scissors and the Frankenstein that came out a bit when they re-shot it.
3 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Monsters great, people and drama boring
5 June 2019
Great and Amazing battles/fights among giant monsters, epic and spectacular ones, what everybody was waiting for, if you want to enjoy good monsters and CGI this is you movie, go watch it on the best screen 8.5/10... But the plot is weak, people are stupid and make meaningless decisions. People's behavior is absurd, with a lot of boring drama that nobody cares, in addition the actors who are supposed to be the main ones have no time on screen. A Total disappointment.
229 out of 282 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rocketman (2019)
Better than Bohemian Rhapsody
5 June 2019
It's impossible not to compare it with Bohemian Rhapsody. I'm sorry for whoever liked that one "about Queen" but it wasn't very good, with songs put only 'cause they're famous, if you ask the ones that like it, they just tell you that the recreation of the concert at the end is excellent, THAT'S NOT A MOVIE, if you want to see a concert you go to YT. Well, Rocketman is everything that the other wasn't: extraordinary performance by all the actors, spectacular script, great direction and scenery, drama and empathy for the characters, the drama with his parents is very emotional, they dive into his homosexual relationships and drug addiction. The director (Dexter Fletcher) is the same as Bohemian: it was Bryan Singer but Fletcher finished it. Another thing that went well is "the musical", Bohemian or A Star Is Born were not, they were about singers and that's why there were songs. I don't like the musical genre but this one is very good. The songs are very well integrated to what he tells us. In the end it feels long and stretched. "The Lion King" o "Sacrifice" are missing.
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Aladdin (2019)
The best adaptation of Disney's live action movie
24 May 2019
The first act is quite slow and boring, even improbable when they are chasing Aladdin at the beginning, you do not believe the world they want to put you through the eyes and he's juggling and absurd jumps (I give it a 6), but then when the Genius appears the movie rises. Will Smith is the best of the film, Mena Massoud (Aladdin) also does his performance very well, you believe in everything, Naomi Scott (Jasmine) does her part. Those last 2 acts are great (I give it a 9). The scenes don't happen in the same order as the animated one, besides there are 38 more minutes of songs and new scenes. You don't feel that Guy Ritchie is the director, it could have been any other. This story is Arabic but they changed it and it feels a bit Indian, more of Bollywood. The ending just surprised me, it's not the same one when Aladdin sets the Genie free. You have to go watch it Noowww.
13 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brightburn (2019)
A really scary movie
18 May 2019
I loved it. How they manage the tension is EXCELLENT. Having this child on earth must be very scary. The plot is "what if Superman was bad". Warner and DC Comics have nothing to do with this project, they just based on that character to create this one. If you do not know anything about Sups mythology it will seem like a good movie, but if you know even the actors who have played it and much more you will understand every tribute. 100% recommended.
121 out of 241 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Action and choreography are overcome with each film
18 May 2019
The movie is very good. This is really the best saga of action in ALL THE CINEMA STORY. The scenes of action and choreography are overcome with each film, it has the best ones of the 3 movies. The first 20 minutes are A DELIGHT. If there is something wrong that I must say is that it is only action and action again, in the end I was already tired of so much fighting after fighting; I would have liked a better script, because it lacks development and 2 hours 10 minutes seemed long at the end; they take off 20 and it looks good, or rather, they leave 20 but with a better plot development. Another thing is that they want to force Halle Berry's character, Sophia, to ask for more of her (by the way her dogs are amazing), they show her a lot and they take away Keanu Reeves's weight in the scene to get me a spin-off, but I prefer the Common of the second installment. And finally, they went through the verisimilitude of the film, there is one thing in the end that I do not buy. It is not the end of a trilogy, now is when it begins and we have a UNBOUND John for the fourth. I already want to see more.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pure epic and bluckbuster.
26 April 2019
This is Marvel's most epic film, and possibly the whole history of cinema. Dramatic, profound, with comedy, TOO EMOTIONAL, and a great final worthy and good closing for our heroes. The last minutes are an ode, ALL THE PEOPLE APPLAUDED and then the room completely silent with a lump in the throat, the tears came out and ran down my cheeks.

The bar is very high for the future of cinema. I do not have the slightest doubt that it will be the highest grossing film in history, unseating Titanic, Star Wars Ep. 7 and Avatar. (Until the Lion King arrives)
VERY BAD this new installment of The Conjuring Universe
13 April 2019
All the clichés of the genre, the weeping woman turns quickly and it breaks bones, that even shows up in the trailer when the child sees her, jump cheap scares and all the same old things that people of today like, like for example everything is silent, suddenly a loud sound and she appears behind you in the shadows. TOTALLY PREDICTABLE. When the girl looks out the door I already knew it was for her doll and voila, that was it. Everything is fortuitous. The stupid shaman that is trying to be funny, the kids behaving so foolish that everyone in the room wanted to punch them, people laughed and they were angry (but that's the script's fault). The other mexican crazy lady that becomes bad and vindictive in order to finish the others, and in the end is redeemed from one moment to another because the plot says. This movie is like a Mexican fast food in the USA that you find in a corner, which is not the REAL FOOD in Mexico. It has good things and I know that there are people who like this kind of cheap fear, and there were some who got scared in the room and even shouted and covered their faces. SPOILER: In the end they kill La Llorona, that's like killing The Bogeyman, totally absurd, that's an urban legend in all Latin America, a folklore, a woman who lost her children and is walking around kidnapping others. You can't kill Baba Yaga.
12 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
VERY GOOD MOVIE
13 April 2019
Based on the real life of an English wrestler who went to follow her dream in the USA a few years ago. A tragic story, but what struck me the most and i think it's the best is the plot of his brother, who stayed on the other side of the pond because he was not accepted to fight, the story of how he deals with the frustration of not being able to follow his dreams and have to gave himself to the world to contribute their bit as a mentor and support new people who want to move forward.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hellboy (2019)
Disaster movie
13 April 2019
Performances are stupid and ridiculous. The OST is bad, the mix among them and the scenes are nonsense. CGI awful, it seems like a series B movie, one of those Sharknado from SyFy. The plot is terrible. The villain (the wild pig) is retarded, really dumb, Milla (The other villain who is a 1500-year-old witch) does what she can with what she got. The comedy is BAD. This film is like a 24-episode TV series, EVERYTHING IS TOO COMPRESSED AND SUMMARIZED in a bad way in sketches of 3 minutes, the assembly and editing are really bad, super cut with huge scissors, in the movie there are so many plots that it doesn't get anywhere.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pet Sematary (2019)
Good acting but not good enough movie.
5 April 2019
The movie is quite different from Stephen King's book and the adaptation of 1989, the fans are not going to like that, but I do not review neither the book nor the previous old film adaptation, but this one. It manages to build good moments of tension, the performances are a thousand times better than the ones from the original one, in that they were very mediocre. The film was excellent (I would put a note of 9) but in the final act it deflates and goes to the trash. Typical horror movie that has all the clichés of today's cinema that will go unnoticed and nobody will remember it. The last 3 minutes are a disaster. I keep the original.
2 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pet Sematary (2019)
Good acting but not good enough movie
5 April 2019
2 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shazam! (2019)
Entertaining, nice, cool and funny
5 April 2019
Good movie. Entertaining but not the best From DC. Kids will love it, will leave the theater excited wanting to be a superhero and yelling "Shazam!". The villain is really poor, the bad bad guy. The film doesn't have a very complex plot, the guy is thirsty for power and wants the ones that the protagonist has and uses the 7 deadly sins (which are mythological monsters) to try to get them. It touches very important issues about the true meaning of family and heroism. It reminds us of The Goonies, Stand By Me, The Greatest American Hero and Big. Wonder Woman is better but this one is better than Aquaman. Same light and cool tone since Justice League and this is the perfect path that DC found to compete against Marvel. The movie is very long, in the middle it becomes heavy and slow, 1 hour and 45 minutes would have been better.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Glass (2019)
Not a bad movie... but not a good movie either
5 April 2019
I think the better word that defines this movie is DISAPPOINTING. M. Night Shyamalan ruins his own universe/world with this one. Shots are well achieved, clean and pure, colours are also very well used. OST non-existent. Nothing happens in all the movie (although that's not bad), it's really slow, it cooks slowly and it's the best part (unless we are thinking that), but suddenly everything goes to hell in the final act when it started to go up level, TERRIBLE, suddenly a sect appears that wants to destroy superhumans, it doesn't matter if you're good or bad (every good part is in the trailers and clips). The only thing that raises the film is James McAvoy's performance. Don't go to watch this, don't waste your money and time. In the end i wanted to end this torture, there were people who were yawning.

P.S.: In the last 3 mins. Shyamalan tries to fix it with one of his famous plot twist but it was too late already.
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dumbo (2019)
Not good, not bad
31 March 2019
It's not a bad movie buuuttt it could have been much much better, I am disappointed. At first it is slow and boring, and I almost fell asleep; at 35 minutes it takes off and it gets a little bit interesting. Although it's the Disney movie that has the Tim Burton fingerprint of the 80's everywhere. OST reminds us a LOT of Edward Scissorhands. I can not say either that it's a good movie, is not up to the old one. It has the essence of the original but a lot of things are changed (I already said it, the Burton label). The villain (Michael Keaton) is horrendous, great actor wasted. Batman and the Penguin together again after almost 30 years, Burton made it possible. The elephants are VERY WELL MADE IN CGI. And "Jumbo" is REALLY cute.
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Us (2019)
Great start but absurd and meaningless things
23 March 2019
I found the movie BAD, with stupid, absurd and meaningless things. There is a "mirror world" where we have the typical "evil twin" (Doppelgänger) and these arrive to take over our places. If they were from another universe, dimension, alternate reality or mirror reality, it would make sense, but in the end it turns out that they are clones that live underground hidden from the surface. How can billions live in those places? How do they feed? Why did the government make those clones? Many holes in the plot. And that final "twist" emulating Shyamalan: TOTALLY PREDICTABLE. None of us in the cinema seemed good. People mocked when things happened. At the end of the movie you DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING about how unlikely it is. I didn't connect with it, it didn't touch me. That been said, Lupita's performance is superb, great interpretation.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just one word: Amazing
22 March 2019
One of the best sequels of all times; action scenes made by the own american Bruce Lee, Keanu Reeves; Jackie Chan, JetLi & Jason Statham are nobody compare to this guy; an immediate continuation of the first one, with a common thread among scenes, a continuity that explains what the other installment doesn't; it expands this mythology of the Continental Hotel, the assassins, this sect in the underworld life very different than the one we know; it still expands the good things from the first one but in another place (Rome) without repeating the same we watched before, is not a remake; there is no a funny character, has some comic moments; the character has his moral/honor code that makes us likes him because he doesn't kill for killing, if he doesn't have to kill you, he lets you leave; He has an inner suffering, typical tough hero who doesn't talk much. He isn't a superhero (but he seems), is a regural person & makes you feel that you can be him. lots of action without any cuts, many weapons, hand-to-hand fights, Jujitsu; It's not the typical movie where the bullets are always; people hurts him, It's much more credible than the rest of films of this genre. a Cassian (Common) spin-off could be made, since he follows the same method as John, behaves in the same way; the choreographies are beautiful, the production design is visually exquisite and photography is beautiful. This is La La Land for action movies. I want John Wick 3 now.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It is not bad at all but it lacks epicity
11 March 2019

P.S.: if you know about comics you will not like the twist but I review the movie, not the comics.
0 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It is not bad at all but it lacks epicity.
10 March 2019

1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It is not bad at all. But it lacks epicity
8 March 2019
It is not bad at all. But it lacks epicity. A LOT OF Marvel movies are better than this one. At last we see how Nicholas loses his eye. The first minutes are in space and it looks well (good start), then everything happens on Earth (1995), and in the end there is a fight that lacks substance. It's not an action movie but a mix among 60% drama, 15% comedy and 25% action, it's a "buddy movie" and Nick and Carol have good chemistry. There are deceptions and plot twist but they didn't "touch" me. The villain on duty is not memorable but talking about him would be spoilers. Fury and the supporting characters are wonderful and raise the film and help the drama that Vers takes, that although Brie Larson's performance is good, the film is light. It reminds me at times to Men In Black, the races and persecutions of Star Wars, ID4 and some other movies (that is, it drinks a lot from other films and copy them). Wonder Woman is way better.

2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cobra Kai (2018– )
Excellent
16 July 2018
Excellent series, dama, action with touches of comedy; character development after 34 years is great, new characters are good as well; good plot and script; great choreaography that remind us the saga; tribute to Rocky. This show is made with love.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun and enjoyable movie
7 July 2018
Good movie; lots of action sequences, fun and tuns of humor and jokes (this is marvel, you know), everything's great, just like the first one. The plot is really really simple, Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) and Hope Van Dyne (Evangeline Lilly) want to bring Janet Van Dyne (Michelle Pfeiffer) back from the quantum realm because they think she might be alive; they need Scott Lang (Paul Rudd)'s help but he is on house arrest, besides he feels like he was her for a moment and that proves they are right; meanwhile a female villain named Ghost (Hannah John-Kamen) is a menace for them and they have to fight with her, she is a good character. Evangeline Lilly is wonderful as The Wasp and we want to see more of She and Ant-Man in action and their chemistry.

There are 2 post-credit scenes, the first one is awesome and connects with Infinity War & Avengers 4.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome blockbuster but without the soul of this franchise. Not a good sequel.
7 July 2018
Great VFX; very well directed by J. A. Bayona, an excellent guy making horror films; good cinematography; an awesome blockbuster with action sequences & explotions 10/10... but the script is really mediocre, Colin Trevorrow should stay away from this franchise; the same scenes from the first instalments over & over again, even from the last one; stupid characters; horrible villains; the first 10 minutes are pretty good, but after that nothing makes sense, T-Rex seems to be their friend, besides super predictible, everything here is by coincidence; Bayona does what he can with this script to save the movie but putting horror in a house wasn't a good idea either, it's great for a horror movie, but not for this "world". You have to unplug your brian if you want to enjoy this.

P.S.: there is a post-credit scene.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.