Louis C.K. Oh My God (2013 TV Special)
Louis C.K. Oh My God
14 April 2013
Louis C.K. in my mind can do no wrong between his yearly standup specials and his FX comedy show that everyone including me has fallen in love with. This special was on HBO and it is another example of how great he can be and this special gives him the chance to be even more funnier with some great jokes that are offensive and great. Some highlights in the special included his jokes about women and children because they were quite funny. My only complaint is it was too short only because I could listen to him doing standup all day long but still I was glad about the special and love that HBO let him do his thing the way FX does not stopping him from being free to say what he wants to.

EPISODE GRADE: A-
5 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Saturday Night Live: Vince Vaughn/Miguel (2013)
Season 38, Episode 18
Saturday Night Live Host: Vince Vaughn
14 April 2013
Vince Vanghn has not hosted SNL since 1998 so he makes his return and being world known for comedy I was excited to see what he would do with the writing. I must admit that I did like his opening monologue with him going into the audience and talking some nonsense but Vince was able to make it funny. The sketch's were nice throughout and I did like the tribute the show did to Margaret Thatcher with it being about a punk singer who loved the women the surprise of it was great. The best sketch for me of the show was the Margaret Thatcher one while on the other side the worst of the episode was the one based at the high school dance because it was awkwardly funny and non of the perverted jokes worked for me. A nice sketch to make a return was the flirting in the bar and it have Kate some funny stuff and I like it because she is my favourite cast member on the show. Miguel was the musical guest singing both "Adorn" and "How Many Drinks?" and I thought he did a great job on both of them. Overall an average episode.

EPISODE GRADE: C+ (MVP: Bill Hader)
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Smash: The Dress Rehearsal (2013)
Season 2, Episode 11
Smash The Invited Dress
14 April 2013
The best part of the show since the beginning has been the way they handle the creation of a Broadway show and this episode had a lot of that which did make the show more watchable even though their were some over the top moments. The two shows going through so much changes in one episode was nice to see with that including Marilyn nude and Karen getting more of her songs taken away by the Diva character. The Bombshell part of the episode was more funny with all the mistakes during the show and it actually was more interesting then anything they have been doing for previous weeks. The Hit List part of the episode was boring but still it did have a nice moment with Derek finally letting go of Karen and focusing more on the show making a great opening to the show. Overall the episode was better then previous ones because the structure of a show was more focused on instead of the stupid drama it has done.

EPISODE GRADE: C+ (MVP: Debra Messing)
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Happy Endings: The Storm Before the Calm (2013)
Season 3, Episode 19
Happy Endings The Storm Before the Calm
13 April 2013
Penny has now separated from Pete and this episode was about her accepting she cannot be responsible even though she had to write the horribly funny musical/play about her being the black plague and killing Clete the show's version of Pete. Alex and Max helping to set trends with Jane was also some funny material but the craziness of the show and how it ended was nice for the episode since Penny has now finally let go of Pete knowing she will survive. Brad and Dave where used good as well as straight men who really do love the theatre. Ensemble work was great again in both of the episodes this week making it such an improvement over last week's two episodes which were of average quality.

EPISODE GRADE: B+ (MVP: Casey Wilson)
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Happy Endings: She Got Game Night (2013)
Season 3, Episode 18
Happy Endings She Got Game Night
13 April 2013
The Pete and Penny romance/engagement finally comes to an end and it involves Penny come to the realisation while playing game night with some couples who are obviously more tight. The episode had such funny moments especially Jane while playing the game night because the game night portions of the episode where the better ones while Dave/Alex on their adventure with Psychics in town was not really funny and memorable compared to other moments. The Penny/Pete relationship was bound to fail and I appreciate the show did not wait until the wedding day to repeat what happened at the start of the series where Alex left Dave at the alter. Brad and Jane are the funniest couple on the show as they make me laugh so much throughout especially this week. Max and his stalker just to mention had some funny lines but were not an important part to the episode being how it was.

EPISODE GRADE: B+ (MVP: Eliza Coupe)
Hannibal: Amuse-Bouche (2013)
Season 1, Episode 2
Hannibal Amuse-Bouche
12 April 2013
This show still being an NBC network drama still confuses me because it feels so like a cable drama especially it's presentation of mental illness, murder and character relationships. Will Graham becomes so involved in these cases that it cannot be good for his health and this week is an example as he sleeps seeing so many horrifying images that do help with his job and I do fine Hugh Dancy giving such a dramatic performance I believe he has never been better in anything. The visual style stayed consistent from the pilot which I liked and once again the show feels claustrophobic even though it takes place in outside areas which is something that I like on the show especially since Dancy is the main part of the show. Mads portrayal of Lector interests me because of how quiet his performance is as I feel it is building to something. The story of the week continued the story of the show and Will killing another person adds to who he is which is something else about the character I do like. Overall not as strong as the pilot but only by the smallest nitpicking.

EPISODE GRADE: B+ (MVP: Hugh Dancy)
11 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Community: Intro to Felt Surrogacy (2013)
Season 4, Episode 9
Community Intro to Felt Surrogacy
12 April 2013
Community has been quite mixed this season and while for most of the season so far I have been negative but last week's episode I found myself liking a lot and for the second straight week in a four I liked an episode of the show. The puppet piece was a great thing for the show and they were used so great especially when the show handled musical numbers once again and it's always great to hear the cast members of the show actually having good singing voices. The episode was comedic and I must say Sara Bareilles was a random person to be interacting with the puppets since she is one of those singers who I recognize for some strange reason. The writing was strong and all the characters were used well especially with Kevin not being used except for one line as I really have a problem with that character. The episode was all about puppet fun especially when they went on their adventure.

EPISODE GRADE: B (MVP: Yvette Nicole Brown)
11 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Archer: Sea Tunt: Part 2 (2013)
Season 4, Episode 13
Archer Sea-Tunt: Part II
12 April 2013
Season Four of Archer comes to an end with the second part of the two parter Sea-Tunt. The episode had everything I would have wanted in an episode of the show. They have been building up to Lana announcing to everyone he is pregnant for some time and the payoff from that announcement was beautiful especially from Archer nearly dying and Lana really showing she truly cares for at the same time as Cyril being jealous of her being pregnant not by him. The episode took place mostly under the sea but the short scenes back on the boat were good and the other women on the show (Malory, Cheryl and Pam) are always used for good one liner s not taking away but adding to the overall quality of the episode. The show may have returned Ray to his wheelchair but Lana being pregnant now will be interesting for next season to see if she takes a break or if Pam replaces her since she was good for comedy on the mission in Italy. Overall this season started off with the Bob's Burgers scenes up until this finale making it a great season for the show.

EPISODE GRADE: A- (MVP: Aisha Tyler)
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Parks and Recreation: Animal Control (2013)
Season 5, Episode 18
Parks and Recreation Animal Control
12 April 2013
Parks and Recreation this week was back to its normal great comedy which includes some different ways to use Ron as well as some great material for Audrey Plaza who always is able to make me laugh. Ron being sick was funny and Nick Offereman got to shine in his small scenes stealing the episode from the more political part of the episode. The other side of the episode was dealing with Pawnee's animal treatment and getting April to show her intelligence by getting animal department to be part of the Parks department. The C story of the episode involving Ben trying to get a client for Sweetums was also some funny moments to the episode with the crazy person and the guys saying things that made him lose it. Everything in the episode worked well making it a great Parks episode.

EPISODE GRADE: B+ (MVP: Nick Offerman)
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Glee: Shooting Star (2013)
Season 4, Episode 18
Glee Shooting Star
12 April 2013
Just when I thought the show could not get anymore offensive leave it to the creators of the show to make the serious topic lately that is school shootings by not giving an worthy payoff to the horrible experience the actors had to act in. The episode title includes Shooting in it and the episode started off as a normal episode for the show but there was a moment when the shoots were fired it was all about confessions, crying and separation until we found out about the culprit. The responsible one was Sue Slyvester and while I did not appreciate the episode overall I thought the performance given by Lynch to be her best in many seasons as she has not been used well for some time now. I did not like when the truth of Becky was revealed because while it did make Sue a nicer character I would have rather had it be the accident it was to be. Lynch being gone from the show will not make a difference for me because she barely appears on the show anymore. The episode took the serious matter that is gun violence and made it bad because of how they handled. The show trying to bring in Catfishing had no payoff and was never interesting to begin with.

EPISODE GRADE: F (MVP: N/A)
3 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Nashville: My Heart Would Know (2013)
Season 1, Episode 17
Nashville My Heart Would Know
11 April 2013
Last episode we were left with Lamar having a heart attack and this episode we return where he seemed to come without any problems as he was fine by the end of the episode while in his bed. The show of course has it's problems especially when news is revealed from characters that on this show are not written well with examples like Tayna knowing of Peggy with Teddy and Deacon confronting the Dante about the drama he is stirring. Their were some nice moments and I felt the character of Scarlett was used the best she has ever been used which is not saying much because her character was the comedic relief of the episode with the big personal drama Rayna was going through which included her finally warming up to her father over her mother. Overall that is all worth talking about in the episode because I will just watch this show until the end of the season. I want to say that the singing performance was better in it's sound as I could clearly hear the singers on stage.

EPISODE GRADE: C (MVP: Connie Britton)
Go On: Urn-ed Run (2013)
Season 1, Episode 22
Go On Urn-ed Run
11 April 2013
The first season of NBC comedy Go On comes to an end where all the group members seem to get to a place of happiness where they all have accepted their problems. This season finale was funny to me because it was a great use of all my favourite characters such as Sonia, Lauren, Anne and Yolanda all getting their funny moments to shine. The group in the episode split in have to help Lauren try get back to being a good counselor while Ryan had to finally let his wife go. The best moment of the episode was the final one with all the characters around the fire as they all accepted their problems and let them burn which included Lauren who no longer is the normal one with as many problems as the rest of the group. I admit the episode was good but it was no where near perfect. The season overall was a nice first season with some standout performances from Perry and White making the season overall enjoyable with depressed people being funny. The flashbacks to Ryan's wedding scenes were OK to name a few.

EPISODE GRADE: B- (MVP: Matthew Perry)
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The Middle: Dollar Days (2013)
Season 4, Episode 20
The Middle Dollar Days
10 April 2013
As soon as Darren and Sue were in a relationship it was over because of Axl and how these two people together made him act crazy. The Dentist school story is over but now Frankie will work as a dentist's assistant with 30 Rock's Jack McBrayer playing a mother loving dentist even though for all time I will always see him as Kenneth. Brick and Mike tried camping with the awkward kids these week and it was near horrible for me to watch because it was not funny and I do not like what the character Brick has become because he is not the same as he once was when I found him funny. Overall the episode was average at best with funny moments but nothing that stood out enough to be ultimately memorable.

EPISODE GRADE: C (MVP: Patricia Heaton)
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Survivor: Cut Off the Head of the Snake (2013)
Season 26, Episode 9
Survivor Cut off the Head of the Snake
10 April 2013
Last week Corrine was eliminated not making me happy and this week once again I am not happy with the results because a player like Philip can stay making it hard for me to watch the episode. The episode was good at showing nearly everybody worrying about their space which lead to a freak out from Andrea, Eddie confronting Andrea and Dawn crying once again. The challenges were fine with the immunity one looking quite hard and with Breanda the winner it is funny because she never gets standout confessionals only making strange random noises that the editors seem to make moments for her. Philip was seen less in the episode but the moment he started speaking at tribal it was obvious everyone is just making him feel good because he is so delusional that he is off the scales in his level of crazy that he needs to be eliminated even though it will be weeks until he is. Malcolm getting Reynold to give him the idol could turn out bad or good for everyone since no one knows of Malcolm's idol.

EPISODE GRADE: B+ (MVP: Andrea)
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Modern Family: Flip Flop (2013)
Season 4, Episode 20
Modern Family Flip Flop
10 April 2013
The house Cameron and Claire worked on together is finally ready to sell but they have a really hard time to sell even with Phil the self proclaimed best house salesman around. The scenes while trying to sell the house to the men were funny because they used Hayley well and up against the adult members Sarah Hyland becomes a better comedic presence that deserves as much acclaim as any of those. The other side to the episode was Gloria being jealous of the potential new mother-in law to Manny even though this new women was jealous of her. The episode saw the return of the dog butler but was also the best use of Gloria in some time who is one of the weakest characters on the show week to week. The episode was fine with funny moments and some moments that I would call cringe worthy.

EPISODE GRADE: B- (MVP: Sarah Hyland)
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Southland: Chaos (2013)
Season 5, Episode 9
Southland Chaos
10 April 2013
John Cooper has been through a lot of partners which include ones that lied their way to the top and others that scared easily but the departure of his most recent partner was probably the most gruesome one with the pair really going through the ringer which include flames and guns. The episode was probably the best of the season for every part of the episode working to it's best and with actors like Michael Cudlitz being a main part of that makes the episode very impressive. The scenes with Cooper and Lucero going through physical torture were beautiful shot especially when in contrast to Ben and Sammy on their hunt for someone showing the contrast in relationship between the teams. The Ben/Sammy portion of the episode was just as good and the fact the lie continues stretched is shocking and I still return to the quote from last week about cops being the biggest gang believing every work of it. Lydia and Rueben were more to the Hollywood division which is why they were fine and nothing special about their case as the episode was about the search and hopeful rescue of John and his partner who is now unfortunately deceased. The ending with John escaping was such a happy moment for me because he at least got away and my favourite character John Cooper gets to live even though he has just been to hell and back.

EPISODE GRADE: A (MVP: Michael Cudlitz)
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The Americans: Only You (2013)
Season 1, Episode 10
The Americans Only You
10 April 2013
An eye for an eye is the way of this show because while it is a battle between the KGB and the FBI when one groups loses someone the other group finds the responsible one and not letting them go. I knew last week when Chris was killed someone would pay but I never thought Gregory would be the one as I liked his character in his last appearance and I think the relationship between Elizabeth and Gregory is so strong I thought he would stick around even though I was wrong. I liked the way they shot the final moments of Gregory's life from the shootout to other characters reactions to this tragic death. The character of Stan is growing on me especially how his character becomes more involved in the relationship of Elizabeth and Philip. I like the work all the actors are doing no matter how big their role is and why I'm used to annoying kids facing adult separation I still have to complain about how those type of kids are not handled to the best they can be. Kerri Russell and Matthew Rhys are giving such awesome performances that I really hope the show is discovered more if not for them two alone.

EPISODE GRADE: B+ (MVP: Kerri Russell)
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
New Girl: Bachelorette Party (2013)
Season 2, Episode 22
New Girl Bachelorette Party
10 April 2013
I have been loving the show being about Jess and Nick but this episode took a break focusing more on previous couple Cece and Schmidt with her obviously getting married and him having to be sad about losing her. I did like the scenes in the apart with the women celebrating Cece's Bachelorette Party with a family member of the groom and how it ended with all the women seeing the penis of Nick on Jess's phone. The scenes in the bar were fine but the women including a pregnant lesbian, many Models, Cece and Jess where much funnier. Nurse Jackie's Merrit Weaver made her first appearance on the show as an ex of Schmidt and the two in short scenes had great chemistry and while the Piazza eating felt awkward it was quite funny. Overall a strong ensemble piece and a good use of Hannah Simone who is not used as well as the main four roommates on the show.

EPISODE GRADE: B+ (MVP: Max Greenfield)
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The Mindy Project: Santa Fe (2013)
Season 1, Episode 21
The Mindy Project Santa Fe
10 April 2013
Danny and Mindy have been hinted as a couple for so long that when they made them hold hands I forgot at the start it seemed they would be a couple but at the very end Chloë Sevigny made her appearance as the ex wife of Danny and I'm excited to see where her guest spot goes since I always like seeing her on my TV screen. Mindy going to see Josh again was boring because I never liked the character of Josh even though their breakup episode was probably the best episode of the show so far. Jeremy and Morgan are the lead side characters that got their time together in the episode and the two together made for some funny moments because they are so different but I think the Mindy and Danny scenes have become better week by week and I wonder how Sevigny, Kalling and Messina will do in their scenes together if they keep the Mindy and Danny relationship going while the ex returns which could be funny.

EPISODE GRADE: C- (MVP: Chris Messina)
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Cougar Town: Don't Fade on Me (2013)
Season 4, Episode 14
Cougar Town Don't Fade on Me
10 April 2013
First episode of the final ones of the season as things start up with Laurie and Travis as they both know their feelings for each other. Jules father coming back to the show made his best appearance on the show know that Jules started to worry about her father's health to find out his memory is starting to go. The gang are going to the Bahamas continuing the trips the gang all go on together but in the end they go to L.A. to bring Jules father with them. Busy Phillips has been pregnant for some time and I noticed more in this episode then ever that she was pregnant as her bump was very present and other things got bigger. Dog Travis is always funny and he was good in his small scenes using Bobby and Ellie quite well playing off each other. Another strong episode to the season with some good relationships developing more and more and also characters starting to become more regular.

EPISODE GRADE: B+ (MVP: Courteney Cox)
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Cougar Town: Have Love Will Travel (2013)
Season 4, Episode 15
Cougar Town Have Love Will Travel
10 April 2013
Season 4 finale includes the whole cul-de-sac crew going to L.A., Tippi Hedren making a guest appearance as herself and also Laurie and Travis finally sharing their first kiss just to name a few moments. The sights and sounds of L.A. worked so well, providing some funny moments including Jules thinking the walk of fame was where stars were buried. Tippi Hedren was herself on the show and it seems between this, The Girl and Raising Hope Hedren is appearing on TV more then ever. Cox had her best acting moment in a while for me when she was confronted with her fathers problems which caused her to cry which really was a heartfelt moment that the show always does so well to pull on my heartstrings. Travis and Laurie finally kissing was also a good moment as these characters seem to become better and better together. Another wine funeral happened and now the glass for next season is big Tippi. Overall the season was great with all the actors doing such great work and with some mixed episodes and some great ones it made me enjoy the show so much and happy it will be coming back for a fifth season.

EPISODE GRADE: A (MVP: Courteney Cox)
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Bates Motel: Trust Me (2013)
Season 1, Episode 4
Bates Motel Trust Me
8 April 2013
The body of Keith Summers is finally found, well a part of it which leads to the arrest of Norma at the end of the episode while Norman is having some dream sex with Bradley. The tone of the show this week seemed to be unintentional comedy from Norma on the gates shaking to Emma's dad asking Norman to be nice to Emma while Norman pines after Bradley. Vera Farmiga is actually the decent actor on the show and she had many emotional scenes tonight whether anger or sadness as she fights between her grown up sons as they life with her. Other actors and characters are less interesting with Norman the main character portrayed by Freedie Highmore being such a bore and nothing like what the character should be and the emotional work given to Highmore is not as convincing as it should especially when he is acting across Farmiga which is all the time. Probably the best episode of the show so far which is not saying much because overall the show is average at best with a standout role for Farmiga that will get to see the light of day of a second season just announced recently.

EPISODE GRADE: B- (MVP: Vera Farmiga)
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Shameless: Survival of the Fittest (2013)
Season 3, Episode 12
Shameless Survival of the Fittest
8 April 2013
Jimmy may be officially gone now and even if he isn't it seems Fiona is done with him which I like a lot. The finale was full of so many things setting up and ending stories that needed to be ended this season. Lip has achieved what no one else in his family has done by getting a place in college which made for some great Lip moments throughout the episode such as his thank you to Mandy and nearly becoming Frank getting drunk and pucking so much. Ian now is going off to fight in the army which expands the show if Ian still exists on the show and while he told no one his moments while less did work in the episode especially his final goodbye to Micky which did finally show Micky's emotions. Frank has been a mess for so long and it seemed that this episode may have been the final straw in changing his life but I'm not surprised that Frank listened to no one and just left the hospital thinking he would be fine in the end. Back to Fiona who finally has a steady job but still she was hung over Jimmy only to finally let him go in the end making for another great acting moment from Emmy Rossum who gives such a wondrous performance on the show it is sad she does not get recognized for it. Overall Shameless had a good third season with strong standout performances by Emmy Rossum, Jeremy Allen White and Joan Cusack in both their smaller episodes and standouts giving them a lot of emotional work to do. The writing was just as good and every member of the cast was great.

EPISODE GRADE: B+ (MVP: Emmy Rossum)
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Game of Thrones: Dark Wings, Dark Words (2013)
Season 3, Episode 2
Game of Thrones Dark Wings, Dark Words
8 April 2013
The characters such as Bran, Arya and Jamie to name a few where introduced this season in this second episode. The episode was slower and less thrilling then the first episode as most memorable scenes involved characters walking in the woods. Diana Rigg made her first appearance on the show as the witty and intelligent grandmother of Margarey making for a great scene between Lady Olenna Redwyne, Margarey and Sansa as they talk about the evil mind of Joffrey. The best monologue of the episode was given by Michelle Fairley as she talked about almost killing John because it was delivered in such an affecting way. The further we go through the series Joffrey becomes more uncontrollable and it is obvious from Cersei cannot control him anymore and is losing all of the power she once had. While weaker then the premiere episode it has set up many plots that will be seen throughout the season with Arya and The Houd coming back into each other's life's.

EPISODE GRADE: B (MVP: Michelle Fairley)
4 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Mad Men: The Doorway, Part 1 (2013)
Season 6, Episode 1
Mad Men The Doorway
8 April 2013
Mad Men returns with Peggy still on the show and the main two characters of the two episodes were Betty as she became more of a motherly figure while Don continues to fall further into depression going back to his old ways while Megan has reached her dreams while he continues the same boring work. Elisabeth Moss was probably her most powerful as Peggy almost becoming her own version of Don as she has many people working for her which is why every Peggy scene was my favourite of the episode. Betty was a non presence last season and the premiere gave her a lot to do and in the second part her journey into the village was beautiful shot through the sets and atmosphere created by all these poor men. I think Betty dying her hair black may be a sign of her jealousy of Megan who has Don but it could also be her wanting to make a change to her boring life. Roger went through a hard time this week speaking to a therapist at the same time losing his mother and Slattery was the highlight of everyone of his scenes. Don has really become such a depressing figure from public embarrassments to cheating on Megan that Don has become even more the heart of the show and the character I most connect with. Also a shootout to Kiernan Shipka who is just brilliant at playing what Sally has become which is a teenager not afraid of speaking her mind. The opening of the season was quite a somber and depressing episode compared to other season openings. Last thought is the show as great hair people from the women's hair to the men all having some form of extra hair on their faces well groomed I might add.

EPISODE GRADE: B+ (MVP: Elisabeth Moss)
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this