Reviews

The Tale of Beatrix Potter (1982 TV Movie)
Remarkable film about a remarkable woman!
4 September 2018
This program that as shown on Masterpiece Theater back in 1982 is so much more accurate the the mediocre Miss Potter. They really need to release it on DVD!

In the meantime a fuzzy version is available on YouTube. Better than nothing but very hard to appreciate the amazing artwork.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
At Home in Mitford (2017 TV Movie)
Ruined another great book!
20 August 2017
So disappointing! I am a huge fan of the books and had hoped this would be made into a film for a long time. This mess doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath. Father Tim is supposed to be 59 and balding! Major characters are missing like Puny, Miss Sadie Baxter, Uncle Billy and Miss Rose. Instead they throw in new characters that are not needed to hold the plot together. I am sad they did such a poor job of filming a lovely book! Now I know why the author has done no promotion of this film.
20 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Too many changes from the book!
3 August 2017
They dropped important characters from the book, and added others to provide a romance. The location change - from Georgia to the Northwest is slightly acceptable, but changing relationships from the book - certain characters are already married by now - and in the book Martin is much older than Aurora. I just recently read the book series so was looking forward to seeing the filmed versions. Instead the changes just make me annoyed!
1 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.