Reviews

Seriously, El Camino - the car on which this movie title is based, only appears for less than 5 minutes! Seemed more like an episode than a movie
15 October 2019
Seriously dudes, this seemed more like an episode of Breaking Bad than a movie. That means it's not bad, but it just tells us what happen to Jesse in the one week after Walter White died. Why did I need to know this? I mean I already knew Jesse escaped and would've left the country or something. But I wanted to know where he ended up and what was he doing. Did he get a job? Did he start cooking meth for money again? I did not need to know that he found the minivan guy or looted Todd.

It's been six years since the series finale. I wanted to gosh darn it know what was happening six years after he escaped and not the one week after he escaped. Is that too much to ask for a movie?

Vince Giligan already told us this back after the series finale interviews that Jesse's escape represented hope and wanted hope to live on.

I did not watch the trailer for this movie because I didn't want anything given away or spoiled for me. I was excited about it. We finally learn what happened to Jesse Pinkman. Yay!

And to top it off, the movie title El Camino, which is a car, only appears for around 5 minutes exact except for flashbacks which you can confirm on your own. I thought this car would play an essential role in him doing his everyday job or helping him in running from the law. It's no part of a plot device. Jesse just leaves the car at his friend's home and gets away in another car. 5 minutes total.

So as a Breaking Bad episode I would give it 10/10. As a movie 6/10. I've been reading other reviews and basically all of them are saying it felt like two episode of Breaking Bad than an actual movie. Well two episodes of BB is still better than the last two episodes of GOT (Game of Thrones).
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Succession (2018– )
Logan knew Kendall would blow up.
14 October 2019
Logan Was seriously thinking of himself to be the "blood sacrifice" so he set up Kendall and told him he wasn't CEO/Head Chairman material and that he wasn't a "killer." He knew this would unravel him and Kendall did just that. He got totally unraveled and blamed his dad for everything at the press conference. This way the Head of the Board would remain inside the family (as the shareholders would choose Kendall as the new Head of the Board).

Also does HBO think we're stupid. Sometimes they refer to their company as a family owned company and other times they say it's a public owned company owned by the shareholders. If it was a public held company there would be no way Logan would've been able to fire those 4 members of the board as they are the majority shareholders and/or have been elected by the shareholders. Those firings wouldn't have counted because it wasn't done the correct way according to company bylaws and because Logan wouldn't be allowed to be present during that vote. And it would've have to been a unanimous vote rather than a majority vote. Also it would be lawsuit city if those members decided to sue.

And aren't you guys had enough of ten episode seasons? After Game of Thrones I simply can't take the ten episodes a year format and am thinking of cancelling all my memberships to HBO, SHO, STARZ, etc,

So this show is good enough and has good acting. But Roman's character is a little too off the the top. That means he's overacting and should dial his character down by 50%. I feel like punching him so badly. Also it's funny how they let Greg just roam around and do nothing. It's good they're not mean to him (or at least not too mean).
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Joker (I) (2019)
Extremely good movie ruined by Batman having to battle a geriatric Joker.
10 October 2019
I know you'll hate on me for saying this, but this Joker is better than Heath Ledger's Joker. This doesn't mean that Heath Ledgers Joker was bad. Unless there is a better performance this year Joaquin Phoenix should get the Oscar for this.

But what went wrong here is that there was no protagonist vs. antagonist. Yes the "world" was shown to be the antagonist, and for a certain while it worked. But this movie needed a Batman. And I mean THIS movie, not any other Joker movie, but THIS movie specifically needed a Batman. Because then the ending does not seem satisfying enough. But still it was a good movie. It was pretty brave to show Thomas Wayne and Pennyworth as jerks. And what was up with their age? Why were Thomas Wayne and Pennyworth and Martha Wayne so old?

So in the end I'l say, this 2 hr movie had at least 1/2 hr worth if needles scenes and exposition. The build up was good. I'm kinda conflicted. 1 and 1/2 hrs should've been given to the Jokers creation back story and 1 hr should've been Batman. Or maybe not. I also feel that adding Batman to this movie would've caused it to flop cause we still haven't gotten over the horrible Snyder version of Batman. So I'll give this movie both 10/10 and 1/10.
10 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very slow moving. Might be just for kids.
3 September 2019
I saw the first episode and thought "Man, this is slow!" I thought it would be one of those shows which adults and children both like, like Game of Thrones. Fun for the whole family. So I netflixed over to the Dark Crystal movie. I had seen it two times when I'm around 7. Even though kinda scary, it was adventurous and heroic. I have to say the 1982 production design was better than this new one. Besides, The Dark crystal movie shows the Skeksis getting their power directly from the Crystal rather than drinking Gelfling juice.

I wanted to see some dark action so I was wondering if there would be any Gelfling genocide, but searching through google there's no genocide, just probably one war where the Gelflings win. Show should've been a little darker. As for me, I'm out. I'll probably watch one episode per week or month.
7 out of 85 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why do we all have to suffer because of Quentin Tarantino's foot fetish??
24 August 2019
We get it QT, you like raised up feet and looking at the underside of feet. We know you you like women's feet pressing on the windshield of a car. Why do we all have to suffer for your fetish? Since it's a Quentin Tarantino movie, we all will go see it. However if I had known this was about the Manson Family I probably never would have gone as there's already too many shows about them and frankly I can't understand America's obsession with them. It's like Britain's obsession with Henry VIII and Ann Boleyn. If I knew this was QT revisionist history about the Manson Family then I most likely would never have gone. Way to trick the audience QT. And the trailer stating "The ninth film from Quentin Tarantino"......I mean how pretentious is that?
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Handmaid's Tale (2017– )
Bland
15 August 2019
A lot of shots are just June/Elizabeth Moss staring directly into the camera. Show moves at a snail's pace. Hulu has to step it up now that Amazon Prime is making good shows.
8 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Destroyer (2018)
A very human movie.
31 July 2019
This movie is worth it. First time in long time has a movie come out that needs to be seen twice because of a non-linear narrative. Kind of like Memento. I have a lot of connections with the main character. Destroying your life, committing career suicide, alienating yourself, destroying your relationships with all your friends. Probably Nicole Kidman's best performance.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Lion King (2019)
Adults: This is not a nostalgia movie for you.
15 July 2019
This new Lion King movie is made for kids, just like how the 1994 cartoon movie was made for us when we were kids. People are complaining that it has too much of the original and nothing really new. Well duh... I believe most, probably all kids have not seen the original, so for them it will be a thrill ride. And this movie is gonna make a lot of bucks because it's a family movie. Parents are gonna bring their kids cause they want them to have the same exciting moments they had when they were kids. So to the adult movie critics: this movie is not meant for you. This movie might seem boring to you.This is not nostalgia for the adults.
56 out of 93 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Lion King (2019)
This is not nostalgia for the adults.
12 July 2019
67 out of 126 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Game of Thrones (2011–2019)
An excellent show ruined by the last two episodes.
18 June 2019
No, I don't think Game of Thrones should've won the Best Drama Emmy Award. The award was for this year and this year alone. It wasn't for all 8 seasons. The last two episodes of the series ruined this whole show which cost around $50 million per year to make. It wasn't the bad writing or directing. It was the way they turned the show like a Crazy Ivan. They just wanted to give us an ending which we didn't see coming, just to make themselves feel superior and self-congratulating themselves. So no, the twist ending was not good. The traditional ending would've been much much better because the whole series was excellent up to that point. The traditional ending being Danny and Jon getting the throne. There was nothing wrong with that. So they had done a good job for all the seasons and each season did have its surprises, but the stupid ending surprise should not have happened. It ruined 9 years of excellency. To see DxD healthy and neat was all the more frustrating. I thought they would be too embarrassed to show their face in public for at least a year. It seems that they have surrounded themselves with people who worship them and are in denial. They are congratulating themselves believing they are the best because they are in their own little world. The worst is this show will be nominated again for the Golden Globes!! Not looking forward to that.
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why is Disney putting out so many spoilers???
1 May 2019
I'm going to see this movie ina couple of hours. And while no one has spoiled this movie for me yet, I don't know why they are airing so many spoilers in TV spots? First the trailer shows Tony stuck in space, and now the TV spot shows Tony with the other Avengers in those white stormtrooper like suits. It tells us Tony survived Space. Also they put out the trailer for the next Spider-Man movie so we know he comes back (as expected).

So knowing all this I'm gonna go watch this in IMAX 3D, and I'll add my review to this post once seen.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
To get to all endings I have to see this for five freakin' hours???
13 January 2019
I managed to get to two endings (where the end credits appear) and realized that to get to all the different endings it would take me another three hours! This is because when the end credits appear you have to start from the beginning. And I don't want to do another three hours of seeing the same stuff before a "choice" appears.

And I confirmed this that by finding a guide map on the internet on how to unlock all the endings and what are where to make the choices. And I don't want to see the same stuff over and over again before a "choice" is triggered. So basically I'm not gonna do it cause I ended up reading what all the different endings were, and I was not impressed.

So basically evyone in the world was wondering what a "Choose your own Adventure" type of movie would be like and Bandersnatch has just proven that it would not work, because the audience member would have to go back and see the same stuff over and over again. It would just become too boring.

And to top it off, Bandersnatch was not that interesting of a story to begin with. It's just a guy who is trying to sell his video game. That's it. Nothing more. If it didn't have tha Black Mirror label across it I would never have figured out that this was a Black mirror episode.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oh the wrath white people had to indure during the civil war!
5 January 2019
Of all the people, white people had it worst during our civil war. They lost their homes, plantations, and worst of all, their relationships. The war put a heavy burden on those who were looked no for a mate. Then we are made to feel sorry for Scarlet O'Hara for feeling hungry as if no slave had ever gone to bed hungry before. And the Yankee is portrayed as this cruel lootin' and rapin' hooligan.

This is all what the movie portrays.
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
RBG didn't have a British accent.
1 January 2019
Then why did they give her one here? This just shows lazy film making and that the director wasn't really into this.
44 out of 132 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why do good movies like this fail? Really good.
23 December 2018
The problem here is that it seems like a three hour movie was cut down to two hours thus affecting character development and the biggest complaint the critics have is that there is no character development. Also it should've been a trilogy, and all the lore that spanned throughout 7 books was made into a two hour movie.

But most of all the marketing of this movie was bad. It wasn't overhyped. The critics weren't bribed. Right now Bumblebee is getting more traction than any other movie out there.

So as far as the movie goes, then it was excellent. I saw it in IMAX 3-D which made it more excellent. If you can't see it in IMAX-3D then see it in RealD-3D. Special effects are the some of the best in years. This is a movie not to be missed.
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bird Box (2018)
Omigosh. So bad! Like M. Night Shayamalan's The Happening. Watch with blindfolds on!
22 December 2018
I mean something happens to people who look at the sky that causes them to kill themselves. That's it. That's the plot. So Sandra Bullock makes a journey with two kids to a place which she heard is safe. Nothing else. There is no reason given why things are happening or a sense of an ending. It seems like a Damien Lindeloff movie.

And don't believe Stephen King. For some reason studios like asking Stephen King if their movie is scary and he always says yes. I don't know what's wrong with the guy.

And it looks like all the good reviews are written by Netflix employees. I hear they tell their employees to write good reviews online.
163 out of 325 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Roma (2018)
Damn I wait so long for an Alfonso Cuaron movie and this is what I get!?!?
10 December 2018
Don't het me wrong, I'm not saying that Roma is a bad flick. It's just that Alfonso Cuaron has so much potential and we gat this sappy family drama!?!! I mean he has Spielberg/Cameron level potential. Children of Men is one of the best movies ever made. Azkaban and Gravity are also extremely excellent. I mean studios would be willing to give out a high production cost to him for a blockbuster and he chooses to make this!! Other directors are always complaining that the studio isn't giving them enough money to make their movie. Cuaron would not face that problem. And meanwhile Nolan keeps putting out these over-budget condescending narcissistic movies and is receiving high acclaim. Star Wars has been ruined. Alfonso Cuaron would have been an excellent Star Wars Director.
28 out of 96 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
David Yates produces another bomb.
16 November 2018
First of all I don't know why Warner Brothers has made David Yates as the permanent director for all the wizarding world's movies. David Yates is a horrible director. I hated all his four Harry Potter movies and now he's made two horrible Fantastic Beasts movies. The best were Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire. I'm sorry but they were. The problem was that the book readers kept complaining that they left out so much material from the books that WB decided to just use one (bad) director and make sure that he cram everything from the books into the movies.

Another thing I don't understand is why they didn't get Micheal Gambon to return and play Dumbledore??? I mean he's a 100 year old wizard right? And in a few years he's going meet young Tom Riddle looking like Micheal Gambon rather than Jude Law. Jude Law doesn't make a good Dumbledore.

So this movie is bad, but as a ritual you have to go see it because everyone's going to see it and you don't want to be left out. Believe me you'll be coming out shaking your fist.
7 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
First Man (2018)
What sort of idiotic ending was that???
19 October 2018
Ok, so no spoilers here, as we all know Neil Armstrong goes to the moon and then comes back.

People are complaining that the acting was very robotic and the viewer can't get any attachment with the characters on screen blah blah. I really won't go there. Also basically Ryan Gosling and Claire Foy had one facial expression throughout the movie.

But the ending was so bad that it proves all the critics to be true. If you don't want to know the abrupt end scene when Neil Armstrong comes back to Earth don't read any further..........so Neil Armstrong comes back to Earth, and then just stares at his wife with and she stares right back at him, both with the same expressionless faces, and then The End. I mean what the heck?
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The frickin best picture of 2017!
29 August 2018
Until now I thought 2017 was just blah in movies. Nothing significant. Nothing historic. Even a movie like Get Out was nominated for best picture.

But now I just saw Roman J. Israel and am now convinced this was the best movie of 2017. Better than Three Billboards Outside Bilaabong Missouri, better than Lady Bird, etc. This movie deserved Best picture, Best Actor, and Best Director. It is Denzel's best and better performance since/than Training Day. Stupid fish movie won best Oscar.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stupidity!
29 August 2018
This show is just filming people on vacation. I mean who wants to see that?? Idiotic and pretentious. Please stop seeing such shows so that networks will finally get the message that we won't stand for stupidity.
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A movie being famous for having an all Asian cast rather than being good.
19 August 2018
Seriously, all the critics are just patronizing this movie rather than praising it. They're more excited that the whole cast being Asian rather than whether the movie is good or not. So what happened to your "lnclusion Rider" Francis McDormand?
21 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Counterpart (2017–2019)
So the season's over, now what?
2 April 2018
This was an interesting, compelling drama. Much better than the slew Netflix is pouring out every other day. But the question comes to me: why wait a year for another meager 10 episodes? I'm getting tired of cable channels just putting in 10 episodes as if it's against their religion to have a proper 24 episode season. What's worse is that they sometimes divide a season into two parts, like they did with Breaking Bad and how they're doing with Game of Thrones. I mean they treat us like chumps. I wish some more questions were answered in this finale, like how the virus spread, or who management really is, but it seems like they'll elongate the series to answer those questions in seasons 2 and 3. I like it when a season completes a full story arc. Breaking Bad was good in that way. But frankly I'm getting tired of it and a, thinking of cancelling cable altogether, and just get Blu-rays by mail. I think more people should speak up against 10 episode seasons. They have the money to do so.
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The line of Skywalker is dead.
20 December 2017
So what was the point of the whole OT and PT??? We're all the events that took place useless??
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This movie is so bad.
18 December 2017
I just saw this movie again before Last Jedi and it is so bad. All the arguments over the past two years on why this is such a bad movie are still true, like Rey being a Mary Sue, Mark Hamill just staring weirdly, etc. Now I don't feel like going and seeing Last Jedi and I believe Star Wars has ended for me. I don't care about the next movie, the new characters being introduced, or anything else going on in the Star Wars universe. It's just over for me. Daisy Ridley even said she's leaving after the third film. That's cause she knows a sinking ship when she sees one and she doesn't want to be involved with all the controversies and stupidities attached with this new trilogy. Rey will just defeat the First Order in the next two movies and that's it. Way to go, Jar Jar Abrams, with a fully predictable plot.

And to reiterate why I hate Force Awakens: Rey knows how to understand the beeping of a droid while R2 always needed a translator for him, she knows the Wookiee language, knows how to fly a ship, knows how to wield a lightsaber without any Dagobah training, and is the only one who grew up on Jakku to have a British accent. Even Boyega got rid of his British accent for this film.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.