Reviews

Painful to watch
4 May 2019
Cast bunch of pretty actors, smashed them together and here you go ... no story or realistic dialogues, movie moves like a snail crossing a road. You would think something dramatic will happened but nothing happens. 80% of the scenes are not more than a minute so there is no substance or attachment built to these characters. I couldn't finish it maybe one day i'll #iDoubtIt!!!
8 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hold the Dark (2018)
One of the worst movies on the name of Artistic Cinema
28 September 2018
It has to be one of the worst movies I have seen recently. mediocre movies are mostly timepass but this one I was kept thinking WTF is hapenning? There are scenes after scenes story changes, new characters comes, die and then it ends without proper answer. The whole cast speaks in riddles, slow as if someone is dying. I had to Google after the movie to understand what just happened. Its scenic and Geoferry Wright and Alexander Skarsguard acted well but they can not save this dull movie made on the name of Maloncholia art. Why people can not talk like normal people in movies anymore, Art movies doesn't have to be boring and gore just for the sack of it. Very disappointed!!!
146 out of 280 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Castle Rock (2018– )
ambiguous Slow Burn ...
17 September 2018
Just like everyone I was super excited to watch Castle Rock, although I enjoyed and expected the show to be slow burn as most shows are in recent times as everyone wants to win an emmy. But I wasn't expecting a such a horrible ending where creaters wants viewers to decide WHAT JUST HAPPENED. I am tierd of recent trend of open ending movies and now tv shows , you have 10hours and more and you can not finish a story you started? I think because streaming channels don't care much about the ratings soo they let them make whatever they want to make instead of seeing Where the story is going or is there is an ending. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the show but the ending made it feel like waste of time. And no answers were given, Black Henry Deaver is as clueless as he was in first episode and Season 2 is about new characters anyway soo we believe that Bill the Kid was Evil indeed. Also the time travel twist was taken from Netflix's German Superb drama "DARK" where there are 3timelines and a child goes missing and wakesup in another timeline. I wasn't expecting that at all . Dark came years ago and Castle Rock writers should have known better. Jane Levy such a talented actress, she was wasted in the show merely have 2 or 3 lines in each episode. Sissy Spacek, Melanie and Bill Skarsguard were great. But that Andre Holland guy was terrible, he had the same look what he had in Moonlight or AHS Roanoke. I was keep thinking i have seen this guy somwhere, acting same way always misreble victim of the society. What a waste of a good role, the child actor had more talent and emotions than him. In the end, all I want to ask what was the purpose of this show it wasn't very entertaining and wasted a good story with open ending of whether he was a devil or not. I gave 7 rating due to Sissy and Bill otherwise would have given 5.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sierra Burges was INDEED a Loser!!!
15 September 2018
Seerra Burgess is a Loser - CATCH IT/TRASH IT - (C+) Talk about bad Netflix movies, its alright to make movie about quirky girl but give her some self-respect. The whole thing seems unrealistic from start to finish. You can easily see that some scenes are soo badly rehearsed that you can see their every move as they rehearsed 100times and then filmed it. Its soo slow and boring and unbelievable. There was a good premises but very badly executed. She wants to look smart by talking about Aristotle and Sierra's voice is different on phone every time. how many times she can catch flue at night. And the whole lip synching scene was the most cringing thing I have ever seen. Just talking about being feminist, doesn't make one feminist. Actions speak louder than words. The whole movie looked like a Hollywood PC. There are few charming moments but overall a disappointment after The Kissing Boot and All the Boys I have Loved Before.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Charming, funny and twisted!
15 September 2018
A Simple Favour - CATCH IT (B+) In recent times, its rare to watch two genres getting mushed into one and still work. A simple favour took the thriller genre and added comedy in a very subtle way. I believe the work works better because of perfect casting of Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively. Both girls nailed the part and their chemistry is palpable.

Its a perfect movie for a fun night out. The girls are amazing and movie is a complete fun to watch. Go See It!!!
162 out of 216 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Westworld (2016– )
Fall from Grace S2
15 September 2018
Westworld has become victim of streching the thin storyline into 10long episodes just like the Haindmaid's tale in their 2nd season. Funny enough both shows are about escape, Westworld 2nd season was soo frustrating that I had to fastforward scenes and episodes as it wasn't making any sense. Attimes, Maeve can control all hosts around her, speaks all languages and attimes she can not. Then cries for her daughter and in the end let her go into valley beyond withother woman and then changes her into red indian's lover or something (it was confusing). Why didn't she jump into valley beyond with her daughter it seems like characters Westworld want to save they are alive even after killing thousands of humans and hosts.

There are no real conscequences, we know they will come back then whats the point. Same as Man in Black. Is he a human or hybrid. He never dies noone shoots him in the head. Everyone who has a killshot running on horses when it comes to him. They are like no we will keep you alive. He doesn't bleed to death noone cares to open his head. He mumbles all along and still survives. Find a new villain guys, his story was interesting in season 1 but here it was just same story streched over all season. Dolores is turning as bad as humans but attimes she says I want your world, i have seen it. Then she drags everyone to valley beyond why doesn't she just try to go to their world which she does finally after 10-11hrs of episodes. And Bernard's two timelines were unnecessary... isn't show already confusing enough that we have two timelines in Westworld again. I feel HBO felt ashames about westworld culture because of todays's PC culture in Hollywood that they had Indian, Japanese and Redindians story and sub-plot for no reason except to show how multiculture this theme park was WTF. Writers should be fired, looks like HBO didn't even bother to watch season 2 nowonder they lost all rating and there was no buzz about season 2 at all. A story can only work, if its authentic to its roots of what they are trying to sell but if they want to please everyone it doesnt work.

Westworld sesson2 was long and frustrating which ruined the good plotlines which moves the story ahead. Hope season 3 will be its redemption. PS. Rated 6 as rated Season 1 (8) and season2 (4).
14 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Forbidden Love (2008–2010)
Forbidden Love killed a woman and injured the rest ... (Heart-Break Like No-Other)
23 January 2013
I've seen thousands of movies and shows but have never seen heartbreak like Ask-i-Memnu. In recent times I have not seen a love story like Aski- Memnu, which have left me dazed and devastated for months. I'm writing the whole story and my point of view on Aski- Memnu, which I have not stopped watching since I became aware of it. And YES I've watched every Behlül & Bihter's scenes more than anyone can imagine.

Aski Memnu is a tragic love story of a young woman "Bihter", who marries an older man "Adnan", whom her mother is eying as her second husband to take revenge on her mother who is responsible for her father's death. Adnan is a widower & Turkey's richest business man who lives with his teenage daughter and son. Behlül is Adnan's distanced cousin's son whom he provides home after his parents are passed away. Behlül is Casanova who use to date Bihter's elder sister and because of his reputation Bihter dislike Behlül and never talked to him. After Bihter's marriage to Adnan, Behlül and Bihter dislike each other as Behlül thinks she married his uncle for money and Bihter thinks Behlül is a heartless prick. The things change when certain set of events develop feeling in Behlül's heart towards Bihter. Bihter unaware of Behlül's feeling towards her also starts feeling inclined to him. This leads to a beginning of a forbidden heart breaking romance between Behlül and Bihter. This Forbidden romance kills a woman and injured the rest.

This bleak story I mentioned above doesn't do justice to painful suffering of Bihter "A Woman in Love with a Coward Man". I might have seen several movies and shows but have not seen a woman so much in pain as her. From beginning she is grieving for her father's sudden death which leads to her marriage to an old man and then a Forbidden Love affair with coward man who not for once stood up with her. Every time I was the ending, or Behul's cruel behavior towards Bihter I wish it didn't happened or there must be a way to change it, even if it's just a TV show its more real than anything I have ever seen. I have seen Behlül and Bihter's scenes several times again and again. And I'm still unable to understand how could a man who loved a man so much leaves her in so much pain and devastation.

Beren Saat's performance as Bihter has outdone all performances ever done by any actress in TV or cellulite history. As Bihter, her expressions changes every other minutes and sometimes in seconds. She is happy on front and in extreme pain inside which is visible in her eyes the entire time. Even when she tries to fight her mother to marry an old man or when unwontedly she falls for her husband's nephew. I've never seen a woman more in pain then her, she fall for a coward man who disappointed her on every occasion. She tries to break free of his charisma but falls right underneath it again and again. Just thinking about Bihter's heart break brings tears in my eyes. Conventionally we may are suppose to hate a woman who cheats on her husband with his Son like nephew but we can't. We see her struggling on every step and she tries to fight all odds against her. Even knowing that the man she loves isn't going to stand behind her. There are thousand times I think that she should not have committed suicide for this coward man but honestly there was no other way for her. She was in pain, a pain which was eating her soul and heart and the only way to put him through that pain was to make him finally realize that he even can't live without her.

It won't be wrong to say that Kivanc Tatlitug is one of the world's most beautiful men alive and his casting as Casanova lover Behlül is perfect. His performance is nothing but spectacular, first as Casanova lover, then as man on fire falling for his young aunt, then turning into this obsessive lover to eventually selfish lover and in the end to heartbroken for life lover is exceptional. We can't ignore his charisma, expressions and superb performance.

The chemistry between Beren Saat and Kivanc Tatlitug is magical, at least I have never seen chemistry like that ever and especially in TV shows it's not possible. Every day the moment they see each other there is this fire and unspeakable magic between them. Even when we see Bihter and Behlül hating each other in the start or when they feel attracted to each other and when they fall in love with each other and in the end when they fight. There are a still magical expressions, eyes and body languages which is rare and uncommon between two people. To understand how powerful their chemistry and performance is you have to watch their every scene multiple times. I swear Bihter and Behlül's every second's expression is a million dollar; even they are not in a scene together and hear each other's voice on phone or someone else even say their name. Their facial expression and eyes are not worthy. No wonder this show looks more than real than any reality show or documentary.

I've become obsessed with the show and its amazing cast, direction, writing, background music and production value. I think everyone should take time out to watch this incredible series as just like me you would have not seen woman like "Bihter" whose heart have been broken thousand times in to pieces and she still tries to fight again and again all alone for the coward lover who never can stand up to the world. Long after the series will be over this will haunt you as you've never seen a woman as broken as Bihter.
41 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Day (I) (2011)
post-apocalyptic future with Cannibalists, strictly time pass
The day - CATCH IT (C+)

Canadian movie "The Day" is about a group of five survivors, armed with shotguns, axes and machetes, wander the back roads of a ravaged landscape looking for refuge in The Day, a terrifying look into a post-apocalyptic future. As war ravages humanity, destroying civilization and most of life on earth, the survivors realize they must do whatever it takes to stay alive. Lost, starving, and exhausted, they seek shelter in a seemingly safe abandoned farmhouse. However, while searching for food and resources, they unwittingly set off .

Sometimes the thing you hate the most, you end up watching. In this post-Apocalyptic world the villain is Cannibalists. From promos it looked like The Walking Dead's B Class version but instead of Zombies the Cannibalists are tearing people apart.

Ashley Bell, Shannyn Sossamon, Shawn Ashmore & Dominic Monaghanare alright. In the end, there is nothing exciting about it so simply time pass.
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Campaign (2012)
Could have been better, if it seemed realistic enough
26 December 2012
The Campaign - Catch It (B-)

The Campaign is a new r-rated comedy starring Will Farrell and Zach Galifianakis. Let's be honest the movie is enjoyable and some crazy things goes down between these two but it losses sense most of the times. When things get completely out of control like getting bitten by snake and then running like crazy in jungle, eating raccoons etc.

Plus the ending was predictable from scene one, you just knew how it's going to end and it ends exactly like that. If only it had lowered the craziness and maintained realism of political campaign it would have been lot better. Will Farrell and Zach Galifianakis are great in their parts.

Overall, strictly time pass.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Total Recall (I) (2012)
Total Recall a time-pass action bonanza
26 December 2012
Total Recall - CATCH IT (B)

Total Recall is a remake of popular Arnold's movie which to be honest I didn't get it when they use to show it on Star movies. So finally we get the remake where Colin Farrell is fighting for poor in this post apocalyptic world.

Total Recall has tones of action, sci-fi CGI effect and fast paced story but the thing it lacked the most was Characterization. I didn't feel any sort of remorse that this guy doesn't know who he is or that these two young girls are fighting etc. Colin Farrel, Jessica Beil, Kate Beckinsale did a good job as they are good in action and it wasn't something they haven't done before.

In the end, it's enjoyable till the 3rd act, after that it's tedious but overall good time passes.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Talaash (2012)
A Thriller becomes Horror, acceptable for some and rejected by others
26 December 2012
Talaash - CATCH IT (A-) Talaash is one of the most anticipated movies of 2012 and just like any Amir Khan's movie it created lots of buzz before its release. Even Talaash releasing date was almost a year delayed. The story is about a police officer who recently lost his young boy trying to maintain his family and figuring out the reason behind mysterious accident of a huge superstar.

Talaash is very intense movie from the start. The characters played by Amir Khan & Rani Mukerji are extremely intense. Kareena Kapoor's entry softens the tension, which is a good part. Amir Khan is as usual at his best, and its pleasing to see that he never compromise and does his part with perfection. Rani Mukerji is excellent as its good to see her doing a good movie after a long time. Kareena Kapoor looked stunningly beautiful and her presence is very strong. She owns her own in front of everyone.

In the end, Talaash is an intense thriller which may have been compared to Vidya Balan's Kahaani but the only similarity can be the suspense element of investigation. Ending is indeed shocking, which is mostly good and bad for few. Highly recommended.
0 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Predictable ...
26 December 2012
Step Up: Revolution - CATCH IT (B-) Step Up Revolution is the next installment in the worldwide smash Step Up franchise, which sets the dancing against the vibrant backdrop of Miami. Emily (Kathryn McCormick) arrives in Miami with aspirations of becoming a professional dancer and soon falls in love with Sean (Ryan Guzman), a young man who leads a dance crew in elaborate, cutting-edge flash mobs, called "The Mob." When a wealthy business man threatens to develop The Mob's historic neighborhood and displace thousands of people, Emily must band together with Sean and The Mob to turn their performance art into protest art, and risk losing their dreams to fight for a greater cause.

Step up revolution lives up to its expectations as just like previous movies it had great dancing sequences and weak actors. This time around the Kathryn McCormick was simply terrible actress but incredible dancer. Ryan Guzman was like Sex on screen but after the 3rd part of the movie even he starts to bore you.

Overall, the only reason we watch Step up franchise for dances so they were well choreographed. So, watch it for dances and ignore all other things as we have been doing from Step Up days.
Killer Joe (2011)
Mr.McConaughey will & ending will shock you
26 December 2012
Killer Joe - CATCH IT (A-) Leave all your ideas, notions about Killer Joe outside the door because once you enter in Killer Joe's world its nothing like you had expected it to be. Killer Joe is a story about Emile Hirsch who hires a killer Joe (Matthew McConaughey) to kill his mother so he can get the insurance money and pay off his debt. He involves his dad, step-mom and teenage sister who is suppose to inherit the insurance. Now the problem is they don't have money to pay ahead of time to Killer Joe, Killer Joe refuses to negotiate but once he sees His young sister he tells them to offer her to him till the payment is paid. The immoral brother & father agree and that's when the Crazy, maniac Pedophile twisted mind of Killer Joe starts. The movie is quite enjoyable as we haven't seen such immoral characters in a long time and the ending which may leaves major loopholes is shocking, regardless of that. Matthew McConaughey is superb as maniac pedophile serial killer/Cop. Emile Hirsch is superb and apparently he is made for Indi movies. Juno Temple is great, this girl is been around from a long time but haven't got her recognition. Thomas Hayden Church is really good along with Gina Gershon.

In the end, Killer Joe is twisted, immoral and shockingly dark and hilarious at the same time.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Looper (2012)
Looper is a surprise scifi winner, not ambiguous like Prometheous
11 December 2012
Looper - CATCH IT (A-)

Looper turns out to be the most surprising and suspenseful sci-fi of the year. The shock value definitely relies in strong screenplay and performances by all actors. The director who brought the best out of Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Brick almost a decade ago has done it again.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is getting better and better which each release. Emily Blunt is an unusual casting for playing southern mother trying to protect her child but I think it's really refreshing to see her doing something contemporary and not indie. Bruce Willis is great this time around. In supporting cast Piper Perabo, Paul Dano, Jeff Daniels, Noah Segan and young kid Peirce Gagnon did a fine job.

In the End, Looper is an interesting concept and much much easier to understand. With some really interesting twists and turns it's quite entertaining.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not as bad as critics say it is...
10 December 2012
The Odd Life of Timothy Green – CATCH IT (B) The Odd Life of Timothy Green is about parents who were unable to have a child and decided to write everything they want in their child on paper and buried in their garden. That night in a mysterious storm a child emerges from the ground where they buried the wooden box enter into their life as their son. This child has everything they wanted in their kid and also leaves on his feet.

First of all The Odd Life of Timothy Green is not as bad as critics say that is. It may be at times gets very melodramatic at times or super cheerful but it works as a good time pass clean family movie. Jennifer Garner is always so nice to watch, she never disappoints. Joel Edgerton has been good support in it and both of them looked believable even in this magical sort of movie. CJ Adams as Timothy Green is a charmer and it won't be wrong to say that his innocence and purity is the best part of the movie.

In the end, Timothy Green is a good time pass family movie and its little sad in the end as everyone must of have known and seen the Two Kids crying Out loud for Timothy on You Tube video.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brave (2012)
Red Haired Princess wins hearts
10 December 2012
Brave – CATCH IT (B+) For the first time Pixar decided to make their main protagonist to be a female character. Brave is not like a typical Pixar movie it's more like Disney' princess story though their princess is not naive as usually Disney's princess are. She is Brave & willing to fight for what she wants.

The other thing which makes Brave unusual is that it's about a mother, daughter relationship rather than a love story and this is a rare thing for a princess's movie. As usual the animation and especially the red curly hairs are amazing. Brave maybe little weak in story but is sure entertaining.

Overall, I would say Brave is stunningly gorgeous and a must seen.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Deadfall (2012)
Good time pass thriller with Immorale Characters
Deadfall – CATCH IT (B)

Siblings Addison (Eric Bana) and Liza (Olivia Wilde) are on the run from a casino heist gone wrong. When a car accident leaves their wheel man and a state trooper dead, they split up and make a run for the Canadian border in the worst of circumstances, a near whiteout blizzard. While Addison heads cross-country, creating mayhem in his wake, Liza is picked up by ex-boxer Jay (Charlie Hunnam), en-route for a Thanksgiving homecoming with his parents, June (Sissy Spacek) and retired sheriff Chet (Kris Kristofferson). It's there the siblings are reunited in a terse and thrilling showdown that pushes the bonds of family to the limit.

Eric Bana did his job nicely, watching him doing incest jealous/obsesses/protective brother/lover was indeed bizarre. Olivia Wilde is stunningly gorgeous and at times creepy too. Charlie Hunnam is fun to watch, he is smart and never looks bad in what he does. Kate Mara is fine as always. Sissy Spacek and Kris Krsitoppher are good.

In the end, there is nothing much to expect from a movie besides that it's a B class thriller with gorgeous faces. I found movie quite entertaining, it may not have the most lovable characters but they sure are pretty. Good Time pass.
21 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lawless (2012)
Something is missing badly in Lawless
6 December 2012
Lawless - CATCH IT (B) Having high expectations mostly leads to disappointments and that's what happens with Lawless. On paper and on screen the movie has everything perfect a thrilling and brutal true story of a bootlegging gang is threatened by a new deputy and other authorities who want a cut of their profits during Depression-era Franklin County, Virginia. A great cast Tom Hardy, Shia LaBeouf, Jessica Chastain, Mia Wasikowska, Dane Dehaan, Gary Oldman, and Guy Pearce and production value. Somehow all this didn't jell together well on screen.

I would blame director, editor, screenplay writer and Tom Hardy for it. The direction was okay but weak screenplay and cut to cut small scenes didn't make any sense at all. Rather than giving strong dialogues and long enough scenes to understand the characters, we're thrown into this criminal world without being able to make any attachments to any of the character oh except Dan Dehaan.

Tom Hardy is a good actor but he was a totally miscast in it. His dialogues were hard to understand even by southern. And when his throat was cut, afterwards it would have been better to keep him mute. In the end when he is wounded and tries to take out gun to shoot Guy Pearce, it was just hilarious. I have never seen a worst body language than that in serious movie. Shia LaBeouf is a good actor no doubt about it and he did a fantastic job, firstly as naive younger brother and later as strong family caretaker. Jessica Chastain is amazing though she doesn't get much scope to shine in it. Mia Wasikowska is innocent and looks the part. Dane Dehaan is superb; no doubt he steals the show in which ever few scenes he was in. This boy will be huge soon. Guy Pearce is creepy, so it means great. Gary Oldman doesn't get much scope.

In the end, I wanted to love it but I couldn't... It was just forgettable. This is not a great thing considering the genre and talent attached.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Barfi! (2012)
Longer than expected but eternally beautiful
6 December 2012
Barfi - CATCH IT (A-) Barfi, an unlikely love triangle of a normal girl, mute boy and autism girl. This is an unlikely combination, which Doesn't seems like to work in Indian Cinema but things have been changed and great success of Barfi proves that even if the hero and heroine are not stereotypical a good story can lead to utmost success. Barfi is not a perfect movie, it was too long and becomes complicated as we travel back and forth between 1976, 1979 and 2012. Besides that life being so easy and cheerful for a mute boy and autism girl is hard to accept, there is a time they live alone for 6 months in big Calcutta city, he can't talk and she doesn't understand but apparently they are happier than ever, how they communicate with world is not explained. Anyways I know it's a movie and i should not go onto that much dept. So, kudos to Anurag Basu for making and attempting a brave subject matter. Ranbir Kapoor is great as always, though his performance is almost the same as in a movie "Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani" with Katrina Kaif "where he tries to get her affection". This time he was only mute. Priyanka Chopra did a fine job and looked the part. Ileana D'Cruz is a fresh faced beautiful girl. Standing next to too famous young actors and still getting noticed is a huge achievement. In the end, Barfi maybe long but it's fresh, beautiful and heartening.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ted (2012)
FUN Flick, Mark Wahlberg is amazing in it
4 December 2012
Ted – CATCH IT (B+) Wishes coming true in Hollywood movie are not a new concept; we have seen plenty of movies where wishes come true and do something magical into the wisher's life. What brought change in these movies is defiantly is the r-rated comedic genre. Since the blockbuster success of The Hangover and previously Judd Apatow's factory movies Knocked-Up and 40 years old virgin have given Hollywood a hope that a person can make millions over r-rated movies these days. Ted is also one of those wishes coming true movie but with its R-rating and a teddy talking nasty made is hilarious and entertaining. I would not say that it's the finest R-rated comedy but it sure is entertaining. Mark Wahlberg is great in Ted, many people think that Ted steals the show but if you watch carefully you will realize that Mark Wahlberg went out of his comfort zone and at times totally outshine Ted (Seth MacFarlane). Mila Kunis is gorgeous; I think that's why she was in it. The supporting cast is good Jessica Stroup was wasted; poor girl needs to leave 90210 and start auditioning for movies. In the end, it may seem like a one man or teddy show but it's not. It defiantly a fun flick with a funny idea.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Spider-man gone Darker for better or worst?!? Read Below ;)
3 December 2012
The Amazing Spiderman – CATCH IT (A-) The anticipation for Spiderman movie was building from the time when Sam Raimi and Tobey MaGuire walked out of the franchise because of their creative differences with Sony. After that Sony decide to make a more Gothic and true to its origin Spiderman after huge critical and box office success of The Dark Night rises. Eventually Marc Jacobs, Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone joint the reboot. The comparison between the original and reboot Spiderman movies is obvious. Marc Webb did try to make Spiderman as dark as he could have done and Andrew Garfield is defiantly is very talented. He did an impressive job as Peter Parker bringing the emotions which we rarely seen in comic book movie heroes even though he lacked the innocence of Tobey MaGuire's Peter Parker. Emma Stone is nice as always even with her blonde locks. Sally Fields, Martin Sheen, Rhys Ifans and Chris Zylka did a fine job. Though I have to say that Indian actor Irfan Khan was completely wasted and we never get to see for whom he was working and even though in deleted DVD scenes we see Lizard killing him in the tunnels but still no answer for the person he was working for. Finally, after watching the Amazing-Spiderman , I think the first Spider-Man movie was better as it had naive peter, cool organic webbing (even-though I understand the logic behind mechanical webbing) it was natural and animalistic or should d I say Insect-listic of him. The Amazing-Spider man was smart, witty and mouthy from start so when he got powers it was like Cherry on the Cake. The first one has better Villain the Green Goblin as it was rooted within the friendship of young Harry none-the-less Lizard was very real and graphics were spot-on but his logic to destroy and make everyone a Lizard was weird. Kirsten Dunst and Emma Stone both played different comic-book characters so comparison is not fair and since both Peter's had good chemistry with their girls. And now let's talk about ending there is no doubt Spider-Man's ending was Great from accidentally Green Goblin and leaving him his home and Harry walking in on him to saving Mary Jane and Kids at the same time to leaving Mary Jane for ever at funeral and from Mary Jane finding out he is spider-man with the Kiss. Everything was in big Spectacular way. So I did love The Amazing Spider-Man but the winner is Spider-Man Indeed!
5 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Savages (2012)
Time-pass sexually and torturous venture #NothingRemarkable
12 November 2012
Savages - CATCH IT (B) Savages is based upon gutsy novel of the same name. It's a tragic love story of two young marijuana growers Chon & Ben in Laguna Beach and their shared girlfriend "O". Their perfect life turns upside down when Mexican drug cartel who decide to take over Cali marijuana business and on refusal from Chon and Ben to join their business they kidnapped the beloved shared girlfriend "O". The premise of the movie is quite interesting and gutsy and to some extant Oliver Stone was able to catch that brutality and grimes. Even though the movie is a fast paced thriller & filled with young stunning cast and strong supporting cast. There is something which doesn't jell together well. Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Taylor Kitsch did a nice job but somehow they couldn't bring the passion and love between Jon and Cho. It's nothing sexual but something unspeakable of a sort. To me they seemed like just two business partners than anyone who would die for each other. Casting Blake Lively has to be the biggest mistake of the movie, since after watching this it's clear she is not equipped to present the emotional hardcore love. I had defended Blake Lively in her previous roles but watching her in Savages clearly raises questions regarding her talent. Even though she did good when she gets kidnapped but her sappy voice over and not so much chemistry with the boys was clearly visible. Whole time while watching Savages on one hand I was glad Jennifer Lawrence choose The Hunger Games over this but on the other hand I imagined what she would have brought to this emotionally and sexually charged O loving two guys immensely. Salma Hayek, John Travolta, Benicia Del Toro and Mia Maestro did a fine job. Now let's talk about the double ending which clearly shows that Oliver Stone was confused till the end how to end the movie the way it ended in the novel "very ballsy" or choose the safe way..! Sadly he decide to keep both in such manner that even what suppose to be a happy ending looks like a studio's decision rather the director or writer. In the end, the movie is gritty, violent and hardcore but less chemistry between the main three characters makes it hard to believe they would go to that exact for each other.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
wasn't bad or good it was just alright
22 October 2012
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter – CATCH IT (B) Abraham Lincoln as the Vampire Hunter comic book has its beloved fans that have been following this twisted concept from years. In my opinion I never thought this subject matter to be fascinating at all. The movie rapidly covers Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United States' life from his childhood till almost demise. During that he discovers vampires are planning to take over the United States. He makes it his mission to eliminate them. Tim Burton's name behind this movie did create some expectations but when the promos went online everyone knew its pretty generic movie with no stamp of Tim Burton. In the whole movie there were two big scenes where CGI was required heavily and sadly it wasn't that impressive at all. Benjamin Walker as Abraham Lincoln did a nice job but sadly he could not bring anything to the character. Dominic Cooper is good as always. Mary Elizabeth Winstead looked pretty and did a fine job. In the end, it wasn't bad or good it was just alright and good times pass.
Do I have say something?
22 October 2012
The Expendables 2 – CATCH IT (B-) The Expendables are back and this time it's personal... Barney Ross (Sylvester Stallone), Lee Christmas (Jason Statham), Yin Yang (Jet Li), Gunnar Jensen (Dolph Lundgren),Toll Road (Randy Couture) and Hale Caesar (Terry Crews) -- with newest members Billy the Kid (Liam Hemsworth) and Maggie (Yu Nan) aboard -- are reunited when Mr. Church (Bruce Willis) enlists the Expendables to take on a seemingly simple job. The task looks like an easy paycheck for Barney and his band of old-school mercenaries. But when things go wrong and one of their own is viciously killed, the Expendables are compelled to seek revenge in hostile territory where the odds are stacked against them. (RT) There is nothing new about the expendables except it's funnier than the before and not in a bad way. The performances and action was as expected. Though just like the last time even this time you forget why so many explosions and why? In the end, every action lover will watch it so go watch it and get explode.
tad tedious
17 October 2012
Seeking a friend at the end of the world – TRASH IT (D) As an asteroid nears Earth, a man finds himself alone after his wife leaves in a panic. He decides to take a road trip to reunite with his high school sweetheart. Accompanying him is a neighbor who inadvertently puts a wrench in his plan. The unlikely pairing of Steve Carrel and Keira Knightely doesn't work for in this weird movie on the name of comedy and self discovery. The circumstances put them together on a road journey and they meet different people on the road and those people were suppose to bring some comic relief in the movie but somehow they just dragged the whole thing along. Steve Carrel and Keira Knightely tried their best but somehow it didn't work for me at all. It was odd for me to see her falling for this guy who is tad boring. I was bored to death in 10 minutes entering the movie. In the end, it was that tedious and unbearable to sit through. Trash it!
11 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.