Reviews

Mad Men: Flight 1 (2008)
Season 2, Episode 2
Flight 1 (#2.2)
20 November 2018
This episode has a surprising story where Pete's father was a on a plane that crashed. Pete is the central figure of this episode and it is interesting to see him deal with him emotions and trying to understand them. The scene of him in Don's office was really well done. The whole interaction between him and Don after all that happened between them was pretty special. It is also interesting how they decided to drop their air line and take in the one that crashed. Don not wanting to do that showed a lot about his character. It will be interesting to see them market that airline after crash.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mad Men: For Those Who Think Young (2008)
Season 2, Episode 1
For Those Who Think Young (#2.10
19 November 2018
This episode is a very slow compared to others. I have trouble remembering most of what happened. Seems like they are just easing us into the season. Everyone seems to be in their usual character. One can only see some differences in Peggy, she is obviously hiding that she had a child and is worried that somebody will find out. She even got Don's new secretary to cry because of it.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mad Men: The Wheel (2007)
Season 1, Episode 13
The Wheel (#1.13)
19 November 2018
A nice finale for the first season. The scene when Don called to talk to Adam and finds out he hung himself was really good. If only he did it before. This incident changes Don's view on family. Although who knows for how long. Betty's suffering was also well portrayed in this episode.

To me highlight was Peggy. I loved her working on the radio recording and really bringing the woman she wanted to sound confident to tears. One is very happy for her promotion. Even though it happened because Don wanted a revenge on Pete. It was a pretty amusing scene. Only now I am worried for Peggy. Her surprising birth (which also explains her weight gain) might ruin her chances. We'll see it in the next season
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mad Men: Nixon vs. Kennedy (2007)
Season 1, Episode 12
Nixon vs. Kennedy (#1.12)
19 November 2018
As one can see by the title this episode shows us the results of Nixon vs Kennedy election. The office party was really well done. One can see so much of their personalities as well as reflection of those times in it.

A more important conflict though is the one between Don and Pete. Don facing his secret while Pete wanted to use it against him was a great scene especially when waiting for Bertram Cooper's reaction to it. And it turns out that he doesn't care. So let's see how it will affect Pete now. Was also an episode to show us how exactly Don Draper became Don Draper.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mad Men: Indian Summer (2007)
Season 1, Episode 11
Indian Summer (#1.11)
19 November 2018
Well that was pretty unexpected to see Roger have another heart attack. But this is sure what will start events for the season finale now with Don Draper being made partner and Pete Campbell eager for promotion too.

Peggy once again has the funny part of the episode. This whole weight losing machine that is actually a vibrator was a fun idea. I am looking forward to see what she will make out of it.
I, Tonya (2017)
Ice skating mockumentary
19 November 2018
I was very young when the incident happened and never knew about any details. I only knew from somewhere that Tonya Harding is that skater who broke her competitors leg to win. Kind of like they say in the movie that some people were already believing Tonya Harding did it herself. This is pretty sad how this incident influenced her reputation. So it is probably good that this movie came out.

The movie is pretty good in itself. A sad story including ab lot of abuse but still shown in a way that one gets to laugh from time to time due to mockumentary style and the interviews. Paul Walter Hauser was the funny character in it. I was surprised that this Shawn for for real.

I think all actors were good although Sebastian Stan and Margot Robbie seemed a bit too old for their parts. They were supposed to be just out of high school at one point and one couldn't see it. But this isn't as important as that their performances were great. The best performance though came from Allison Janney as Tonya's mother. Really award deserving!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mad Men: Long Weekend (2007)
Season 1, Episode 10
Long Weekend (#1.10)
19 November 2018
A really good episode with some amazing scenes and acting.

Roger Sterling having a heart attack was a big part of the episode. The best is the scene of him in the hospital with his wife. It is also shown how it had affected Don. It goes that far that he tells Rachel about his past when he got to her.

Another great scene in that where Joan's roommate confesses her love to her. Perfectly acted, so much was said without words in that scene. Joan has another great moment when finding out about Roger's heart attack.

The campaign ads were an interesting part of the episode. Was that Kennedy ad a real one???? Wow, those times were different.
Mad Men: Shoot (2007)
Season 1, Episode 9
Shoot (#1.9)
19 November 2018
Betty gets a modeling opportunity but turns out it was just to get Don into their company. This was actually a great story. One could guess that Betty is not that happy with being a housewife. In this episode one sees it more clear than ever before. Her lying to Don at the end that she just doesn't want to do it was a great scene. Poor birdies, but I get that those shots were more symbolical than anything.

Peggy's story was a fun addition to the episode. There isn't really much in this story, just that she is gaining some weight but it gave us a moment of Pete punching a guy for making fun of her and a great scene with Joan where Peggy understand that she was just being nice to her.
Romantic comedy classic
8 November 2018
I haven't seen this movie since my childhood and couldn't remember anything. Decided to check it out now as adult and ended up being pleasantly surprised. The movie is really good! The story is a pretty good idea, the kid's thoughts make it more original. Having Bruce Willis be the voice of the baby made it fun as well.

The rest of the cast is also great. John Travolta and Kirstie Alley have an exceptional chemistry. They were so sweet together. John Travolta's character James is also such a nice guy! John Travolta performs him in a way that makes all viewer fall in love. There is humor and romance and it is an absolutely refreshing movie to watch even though it is 30 years old.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mad Men: The Hobo Code (2007)
Season 1, Episode 8
The Hobo Code (#1.8)
7 November 2018
A really good episode. We get to learn more about Don Draper's past. It isn't much but it sure is an important moment of his childhood that contributed to whom he has become. His identity is also well reflected at Midge's party. He is so different from them all. While it is crazy she didn't go to Paris with him to stay with those communists it also makes sense as they are from the same world so she is in love with one of them.

I am also looking forward to more of Peggy and Peter's affair. I sure like them together. He must have been jealous at her party. Otherwise I liked the way they looked at each other.

So is Salvatore gay? Not sure about that part yet.
The Conners (2018– )
Awful
2 November 2018
What was done to Roseanne is disgusting. She didn't deserve it. It was only done because of the left wing domination and dictatorship of the entertainment industry. Disappointed with the cast for not standing up for her, they would be nobodies without her (besides John Goodman). Cowards who are also traitors.

The good thing though is that the show sucks without her. Not surprising. There is no Roseanne without Roseanne and there are no Conners without her. It isn't funny anymore. Darlene isn't Darlene anymore. Most of the acting is awful. It will sure be cancelled soon and I will be happy because they deserve it (again, besides John Goodman)
14 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Scary Movie (2000)
Whassssuuuuuuuup!!!
28 October 2018
My headline is what I am sure everyone remembers from the movie. People kept repeating it for a long time, maybe a bit too long. Watched it today for the first time in almost 2 decades and was doing the same thing while laughing about this classic.

Besides this scene I couldn't remember much about the movie and it ended up being pretty good. I just watched Scream a few days ago so I could get most references. They were done really well. The parody scenes were done perfectly when compared to the original. The character of the mentally challenged police guy was pretty funny even though the guy in Scream was pretty sweet.

References to other movies that I haven't watched in a while but could still recognize. Dawson climbing into the window was also a hilarious moment.

Really good parody movie catching the essence of the horror movies of the 90's and the humor of that time.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Joe Rogan: Strange Times (2018 TV Special)
Has some highlights
25 October 2018
I like Joe Rogan's podcast and was curious to see him as a comedian. He really isn't bad. But a lot of it wasn't really funny. Not offensive just not funny. One thing that I found hilarious was the part about vegans and animals. And this has nothing to do with me being against vegans. I am for saving animals and admire them. I liked how Joe Rogan even said that most vegans are good, an he said it in a pretty fun way. I loved all the other jokes on the topic as well as his whole body language. I wold say that difference between cat and dog personalities is a common joke but he did it in a very special way. And this topic was a big part of the stand up so I can say I enjoyed most of it.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Scream (1996)
Cult Horror Movie
25 October 2018
I am not even a big horror fan but this movie is the one I always enjoy to watch. It is always one of the movies that comes to my mind when I think of classics from the 90's.

The movie has a great cast, we know the names of most of the actors very well, It is even amazing how young they were. Courtney Cox was filming it while she was also doing Friends. Drew Barrymore was only 21. They all fit very well in their roles.

It has some amazing scenes that are real classics. One is definitely the Drew Barrymore one in the beginning. The scene of Tatum is also memorable. And the scene at the end where it all becomes clear is great and pretty unique. The rest of the movie also keeps one on the edge.

One thing that is also great about this movie is a bit of humor when they refer to other horror movies and make fun of the genre by mentioning horror movie "rules". All in all it is worth watching.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mad Men: Red in the Face (2007)
Season 1, Episode 7
Red in the Face (#1.7)
7 September 2018
One of the interesting things about this episode was Betty. Don was pretty unfair to her. But the scene of her with Roger was really good. What was also great was her encounter with Helen in the supermarket. I am sure we will see more of that kind of Betty in the future.

I actually thought there will be more problems between Don and Roger but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Their climb up the stairs was also a great part of the episode.
Mad Men: Babylon (2007)
Season 1, Episode 6
Babylon (#1.6)
7 September 2018
The agency tries to come up with marketing for tourism to Israel. They also work with lipsticks and we see men with their mistresses.

A pretty good episode. The whole Israel thing was pretty symbolic. I especially liked the conversation Don and Rachel had.

It is also interesting where Peggy's story turns. Her clever sayings give her an opportunity to write. This can develop in a pretty good story for the character. The whole lipstick scene was actually very well done with all women trying the lipsticks.

Don and Midge going with her friend to that art show made me think those weren't even 60's. Reminded me of today's left and their art which I feel pretty much like Don does about.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mad Men: 5G (2007)
Season 1, Episode 5
5G (#1.5)
6 September 2018
In this episode we find out that Don has a secret past and even changed his name. His little brother arrives but Don doesn't want to have him in his life. And now I wonder why. What exactly happened there that he wants to keep it a secret to the point that he wants nothing to do with his brother. This was actually very heartbreaking. This poor guy who was dreaming from his childhood to meet his brother and when he did got a reaction he didn't expect. The scene in the hotel was very strong.

Peggy finding out about Don's affair was also a good part of the episode. We'll see how she will end up dealing with it. And there was also some humor in this episode with everybody being jealous of a guy who got published. Was a good addition in a very otherwise serious and sad episode.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mad Men: New Amsterdam (2007)
Season 1, Episode 4
New Amsterdam (#1.4)
5 September 2018
This episode shows us a bit more about Pete. It was actually pretty good finding out more about his family and who he is. I kind of feel bad for him that he can't move up and give his ideas that are actually good. We'll probably see more about his moving up the ladder later. Also interesting what his relation with his wife is like. She seems to be really getting all that she wants as he said.

Betty looking after Helen's kids was also interesting. What is wrong with that boy. He kinds of seemed pretty creepy, especially for a child. Was cutting off one's hair and give it to someone a thing back then? Anyways, her session with a psychiatrist was also good. I wonder if she is really feeling sorry for Helen. It seems she is suffering because of being home so much.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mad Men: Marriage of Figaro (2007)
Season 1, Episode 3
Marriage of Figaro (#1.3)
5 September 2018
Pete is back. He first tells Peggy that he can't do it anymore since he is married, but then he learns more from other married guys. It looks like there will be more of him and Peggy. Hope they will make it interesting.

Don and Betty's relationship was also shown well in this episode. All the tension at the end. I have some trouble understanding why he did this.. The divorced neighbor Helen was a good addition. I liked that character. The conversation she had with the women in the kitchen was really well written.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mad Men: Ladies Room (2007)
Season 1, Episode 2
Ladies Room (#1.2)
5 September 2018
In this episode we get to know Don't wife Betty better. A beautiful woman who "has it all" but is still very unhappy. Her dealing with it and conversations she had with Don were a good part of the episode. It was also interesting how they were deciding for her to go see a psychiatrist or not. The session was also good, but I hope we will get to hear more.

We also continue following Peggy on her new job. All the men being interested in her now. Her reaction was pretty well done although it seems she is interested in the newly married Pete. We'll see where this is going.

And one of the themes of the episode was Don trying to figure out what women want. Both for his wife but also for another ad.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mad Men: Smoke Gets in Your Eyes (2007)
Season 1, Episode 1
Smoke Gets in Your Eyes (#1.1)
4 September 2018
A good introduction to what seems to be a very promising show. We are introduced to many important characters and already have a sort of a feel about who they are, although who knows, they may surprise us later.

The topic itself was pretty interesting. Cigarettes. The time when one just started saying that they are unhealthy and everyone smokes them everywhere. On the bus, in the office, even a doctor when making an examination. This was pretty interesting to watch. As well as how they were trying to come up with an ad. I also loved Rachel Menken. Interesting character. Would like to see more of her. The conversation her and Don had at the bar was really well developed with a lot of memorable quotes.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sucks that it got cancelled
4 September 2018
Was curious to watch a show set in 90's and they definitely made a good job with that. All that nostalgia with slow internet, music, blockbuster, tapes etc.

In addition to that we have pretty nice characters. Not an extraordinary high school story but one that one wants to follow. Acting is lacking in some cases but Jahi Di'Allo Winston does a pretty good job.

The adults on this show were also great to watch. Actually I think I preferred them. Sherry and Ken were both very sweet characters, really well performed and it was a joy to see the both of them together.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Everything Sucks!: We Were Merely Freshmen (2018)
Season 1, Episode 10
We Were Merely Freshmen (#1.10)
3 September 2018
It is the night of the premier.

Good way to end the season. Kate gets her first kiss. But it breaks Mcquain's heart. And what is great is that Luke having recognized his mistake got his mom and Ken back together. I was rooting for the two, glad they didn't leave it for the second season.

They also ended it in a good way, having the father knocking on the door at the end. Too bad we won't see how this will go.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My Friends Have Been Eaten by Spiders (#1.9)
3 September 2018
Coming back Luke finds his mom with Ken. He is mad about it and Sherry breaks up with him.

A pretty strong scene at the end. Considering that the show got cancelled, I hope we get to see a happy ending for this story before the end of the season.

Weird that Emaline is now feeling she is lesbian too. I am more curious in McQuaid getting to her. Definitely wonder what his outfit at the premier will be.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Everything Sucks!: I Just Wanna Be Anybody (2018)
Season 1, Episode 8
I Just Wanna Be Anybody (#1.8)
3 September 2018
They go on their trip to do the filming.

Great episode. The moment between Kate and Emaline was pretty good.So was McQuaid getting his kissing scene.

Luke going to meet his father was heart wrenching. I kind of feel bad he couldn't really talk to him. Poor Kate he wanted to do the best.

And all this episode we heard It's a beautiful life, a true description of the 90's!