Reviews

4,769 Reviews
This Is Us: Songbird Road: Part Two (2019)
Season 3, Episode 12
Songbird Road: Part Two (#3.12)
9 October 2019
The second part of their road trip to find their uncle is also really good. I especially liked Kevin trying to figure out what to do. And I get him, it would be so hard to leave your uncle there while you want to make his life better. But Nicky is done realistically, he lived like that for too many years. Like he told Rebecca he would like to be the person he was before but he doesn't think he can because so much time passed. This conversation he had with Rebecca was actually very beautiful. I hope we get to see more from him. He is part of the family after all. Randall and Kate visiting their old house and remembering that day their father came from seeing his brother was also good. Them having such different memories.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This Is Us: Songbird Road: Part One (2019)
Season 3, Episode 11
Songbird Road: Part One (#3.11)
9 October 2019
A powerful episode. It is told so well. We got to see that tragedy that happened in Vietnam and after than one's heart is just breaking for Nicky because he never got to tell his brother it was an accident. I wonder why he did't write it in his letters. I guess it was just something he wanted to tell in person and Jack didn't let him. How sad, what a mistake he made, losing his brother this way and have him live isolated and in pain. I am glad Kevin decided not to do the same. The acting was wonderful. Both Michael Angarano and Griffin Dunne did a great job as Nick Pearson. And it was such a good casting I thought it was the same person with make up at some point.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This Is Us: The Last Seven Weeks (2019)
Season 3, Episode 10
The Last Seven Weeks (#3.10)
8 October 2019
I don't really like Kevin's girlfriend but their story didn't overshadow the rest of the episode. And the postcard with Nicky's address and a proof that Jack knew he was alive was a great moment. I liked the Star Wars action figures story but my favorite thing in this episode was Randall's election. His moment with the reverend in the bakery was great. I also loved how he talked about Randall in the church. And the end where he says "I won", after I was sure he lost by a few points was great! What a surprise! But what will it do to his relationship with Beth? She kind of upsets me how she is dealing with it.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Beginning Is the End Is the Beginning (#3.9)
8 October 2019
Great episode! I loved Kevin's story in Vietnam. His conversation with the man was pretty good. Too bad he didn't fund the woman but now there is a bigger story that Nick is alive! This will be great. Randall also was great at his campaign. Very much like he is. I am not sure why Beth wants him to quit. If she is sure he won't win, just let him run until the end! Rebecca also had a beautiful talk with Tess which let her to come out to her parents.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This Is Us: Six Thanksgivings (2018)
Season 3, Episode 8
Six Thanksgivings (#3.8)
8 October 2019
A nice Thanksgiving episode. I really liked seeing Rebecca and Miguel going to a Thanksgiving with his children. What he said to them was really well written and I loved their reactions. The present Thanksgiving was also good. Toby was fun again and the first period story was alright. Randall's campaign also had a moment there with Beth realizing he took her because she is his wife. Wonder what it will be like now.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This Is Us: Sometimes (2018)
Season 3, Episode 7
Sometimes (#3.7)
7 October 2019
A nice episode. Beautiful acting but I must say I was a bit bored. Jack in Vietnam was an interesting story. But his road trip with Rebecca might be important to know their relationship and the effect of Vietnam on him but it was pretty bland. I am looking forward to more Kevin in Vietnam but this time with his girlfriend's family story wasn't really of interest to me. Looking forward to the next episode.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This Is Us: Kamsahamnida (2018)
Season 3, Episode 6
Kamsahamnida (#3.6)
7 October 2019
I really like how Randall is dealing with his campaign. The Korea town idea is wonderful. He sure is a smart man. And the thing is that this black man with nice hands really cares. I have no doubts he will give them what they want and need if he really wins. Beth being worried is also portrayed very well. I also loved the talk Jack had with little Randall. It is sad how that kid sometimes feels he is not son enough, Jack always shows and tells it is not the case. And Kevin is going to Vietnam! Now this will be fun to watch!

And what's with the review that it has too much feminism? lol, I am annoyed by SJWs but so are the people from the other side who see feminism everywhere. Who disrespects men in this show? They are loved by characters and are shown as strong, successful and nice people to the audience. Some people need to relax and enjoy the show without looking what to be offended by.
This Is Us: Toby (2018)
Season 3, Episode 5
Toby (#3.5)
7 October 2019
Another great episode that shows us many things that will happen in the future. First of all Toby with his medication problem is a very good story, let's see where it goes from there. Randall's campaign is very interesting! I liked how in this episode one showed how he feels like he doesn't belong. This is what people from that area told him and he felt it when he met a racist father of the girl he wanted to take to prom. Now I really need to see how he will interest the voters in him, I have no doubts Randall will come up with something. Jack's Vietnam story that Kevin finds out is also pretty good.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This Is Us: Vietnam (2018)
Season 3, Episode 4
Vietnam (#3.4)
7 October 2019
It is nice to see a whole Jack episode. We find out so much more about him. I liked to see his relationship with his brother and also some of his father being an abusive alcoholic to his mother. We got to see him have a special friendship with another soldier and since this is the one who got an email from Kevin I am looking forward to what comes next. Great how his little brother has changed and how Jack made all this way to get to him. I really want to see more of the Vietnam time.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This Is Us: Katie Girls (2018)
Season 3, Episode 3
Katie Girls (#3.3)
7 October 2019
I liked the Kate and Randall story. Although I think he had real reason to be upset with her and fly across the country to apologize wasn't something he had to do. But in the end she told him he had a lot of their father in him. Her scene with all the other Katie's was pretty good. I am also curious what will happen with Randall and Beth now when they both need each other.

And I liked how they showed us Rebecca and Jack's story go on. The way she looked him up was really great. And I also liked the conversation she had with her ex's mom.

Also now I see how we will see more Jack in this season. I guess we will be exploring his Vietnam time together with Kevin. A pretty good idea.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This Is Us: A Philadelphia Story (2018)
Season 3, Episode 2
A Philadelphia Story (#3.2)
6 October 2019
Nice episode. I think the most moving part was that of them as teenagers. Randall talking with Rebecca and giving up going to college he dreamed of for her was pretty nice.

Rebecca worrying about Kate's IVF even though she was making it harder for them was a good story and ended well.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This Is Us: Nine Bucks (2018)
Season 3, Episode 1
Nine Bucks (#3.1)
6 October 2019
A nice start of the season. It isn't too heavy and makes one remember how the last one ended. I am not so good with remembering previous seasons after a ling wait so this was helpful.

I liked the Deja story. Her and Randall had some great moments. I loved how she went to get him a present and what she was telling her biological father. Beth just made me laugh with breaking her swear on Oprah.

Kate and Toby's IVF story may actually become very interesting with him throwing away his anti depressants.

And Jack and Rebecca's first date story was just cute. It didn't even seem like such a bad first date. There conversation in the car was just beautiful. I really wonder how they ended up getting together.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Coracle, Oxalis, Hodge & Huggett - Modern British (#2.6)
22 September 2019
I thin k Coracle team was great. Really creating an interesting restaurant. I don't get the investors. They chose a restaurant that is supposed to be high end and then started pushing them to become "more accessible"? Why! There are restaurants like this too, where you eat from time to time and not get every lunch. I would go back to try new things not to find a dish that is available everywhere. But I am glad that even though they didn't get investments they still are getting some support and help. They are really ambitious and will have success. Great to find a career that one loves.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tiger Bites, Burmese Kitchen, Really Rice - Grab-and-Go (#2.5)
22 September 2019
I liked all three choices. Would be very hard for me to choose. Rice bowls and Burmese food is something I would like to try too. I also loved the couple behind Tiger Bites and how they so tried so hard. Improved all their products withing weeks. And they have a vegan option, which is wonderful. So I am very happy for them that they got this opportunity. Even though it is just for delivery I am sure it can grow with time, looks really good!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sustainable Food Story, Skaus, Devi's - Sustainable (#2.4)
22 September 2019
Too bad that the Scandinavian food wasn't chosen, I would want to see that. But a vegetarian restaurant is also a great thing. It was actually fun to watch how she was making all the mistakes and yet at the second run did it all well. Although I am surprised they said they have never been at a restaurant where nobody was at the reception. Nonsense. Too bad she didn't get any investments but it is still great that she got one of them to mentor her. Seems like she will get investment in the future.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Pulled Groin Extrapolation (#5.3)
22 September 2019
Wasn't bad. Leonard and Amy hanging out could have been funner. But it was very funny when she thought Leonard fell in love with her and Sheldon punching him. Bernadette living with Howard and his mom was also good. The best of course was Bernadette yelling to Howard's mom from the bedroom.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Infestation Hypothesis (#5.2)
22 September 2019
Fun episode with Sheldon being all obsessive about the chair. Him worrying with it being a health hazard was really funny. And it was especially great how surprising it ended with the chair. Amy and Penny running down the stairs yelling was absolutely hilarious. Leonard trying some ling distance sex with Priya was also fun to watch.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
MATR, Pilgrim, Blue Caribou Canteen - New International (#2.3)
22 September 2019
Pilgrim wasn't what I would have chosen out of 3. I found the Nordic food extremely interesting. Don't know if I would like it, but would really want to see more and would have tried. And being a Canadian I have no idea how poutine wouldn't work and be a bad investment, it is great fast food that everyone loves especially with all those extras they added. But I am also happy for Pilgrim. Actually I loved what they did there, such a great atmosphere and menu! I would love to try it. They also got a pretty awesome deal. Good for them!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Baba G's, KraPow, XXVI - New Asian (#2.2)
21 September 2019
I liked all the three teams. Liked how the guys from KraPow said that one should cook if one has passion not based on where the parents were from and that food has always been evolving. Really liked the Baba G couple. Really sweet and full of energy. I think their idea is also really awesome. Indian burgers! I would love it. Them getting the investors was shown pretty exciting. They really were well at solving problems at their dinner. And one really thought they won't get an investment as one of the investors didn't like his lunch. They were also so worried! So I am very happy for them they got what they wanted.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Duck Truck, BBQ Dreamz & Jah Jyot - Fast Casual (#2.1)
21 September 2019
BBQ Dreamz is not the restaurant I would have chosen. Duck Truck seems to have more my type of food and Jah Jyot had a pretty fun idea for their restaurant. But I am happy for them. Filipino food isn't for everyone, sure not for me but for the ones who like it this restaurant seems to be a great option. It seems they didn't have many that were unhappy with that they ate. And they also got two investors interested! Seems like they chose the right option.
Enjoyable comedy for men
11 September 2019
One of the reviewers was right, this movie has something in common with Sex and the City only with male characters. We have here four friends who go on a road trip together and talk about women and other things in life.

And it is pretty entertaining. I said it is a movie for men because I would think they would connect more to it. Me and my friends don't talk like that. But as a woman I also enjoyed it. Lots of nice humor and some good friendships in it. I think I will show this movie to my boyfriend to see how he feels, maybe he likes it even more than me like I predicted.
Great movie
11 September 2019
It is not an original. Although I am not sure that the Italian movie is the original. I already saw there are versions of this movie in Italy, France, Spain and Japan. There might be even more out there. Loved the idea.

I do like the Russian version. Great actors and moments in this movie. It is not an outrageous comedy and yet it makes one smile and feel for the characters when their messages come. I am not sure I would want to play this game with my friends myself although I don't even think I have secrets. Very entertaining. Recommend it to movie fans
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Second Act (2018)
Not very special but fun
11 September 2019
A nice movie of the kind that J-Lo usually makes. Nothing extraordinary but it is entertaining and also fun. The idea itself is pretty fun. She gets a great jib thanks to a fake resume and profile.Don't may of try to do it? Just not aiming that high. The cast is really good. I loved her friends and their kids. They brought us some pretty fun moments. As well as the characters that were working on the new product with her. The story about the adopted daughter was a it weird, too dramatic for the movie I would say. But it didn't ruin the movie and I guess also added a but of a twist. At the end it is not a movie that one will remember forever but one that gave us a couple of entertaining hours.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Skank Reflex Analysis (#5.1)
11 September 2019
A great start of a new season. We find out pretty fast what actually happened between Raj and Penny. Amy wanting to keep her in LA to save her social life was pretty fun. What I liked the most was how at the end Amy stayed because she got that hemorrhoid commercial. It was funny in such a ridiculous way.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Roommate Transmogrification (#4.24)
9 September 2019
Nice ending of the season. The whole thing with Bernadette getting her doctorate was a fun story. I am very happy that Leonard and Priya broke up. And I really liked the end of the episode. So something happened between Penny and Raj and Leonard knows it! Funny how Raj still couldn't talk to Penny.