Reviews

Glass (2019)
Worst film in 5 years
8 April 2019
Truly unbelievable garbage where the idea was to fabricate a nonsense plot about (even more!!!) superheros. The original films Unbreakable and Split were clever and well thought out and so you might have thought that a plot bringing them together into a single film would be great. Nope! Boring, tedious, laughable at times but never gripping nor exciting nor intellectually stimulating. I suspect this came into being when a less-than-bright movie executive thought that Marvel were making too much money from Superheros and he thought he'd contrive one for himself in order to get a cut of the cake. Some poor writer had to then concoct a hash of a storyline to bring in Superheros. Save your money.
24 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dark River (2017)
Strong story, of a Yorkshire family
27 February 2019
A powerful story told in a totally believable fashion. I recommend you watch it, and expect to have your emotions stretched.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Incredibly disappointed
26 October 2018
I was expecting a comedy, which it is not. I expected a realistic portrayal of events, which seems unlikely. The fact that Stallworth should continue to converse on the phone when it clearly puts the white officer in danger seems ludicrous. And then we end up with unadulterated politicising by linking it to the Charlottesville disaster and effectively taking a swipe at Trump. And it wasn't even funny, not even a snigger.
11 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A story worth telling
10 August 2018
I was unsure whether a film about his last years was a story worthy of telling. I was wrong. The genius known as Oscar Wilde had more than his fair share of flaws. This is laid bare in his final story.
14 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Complete nonsense
1 December 2009
What can I say apart from 'do not waste your money'. Tarantino is vastly over-rated in my view, but I was beginning to change those views at the beginning of the film where the opening scenes were superbly tense. Then it went downhill into a mixture of 'how the USA won the war' and simply 'complete nonsense'. The more the movie progressed the more annoying it became and the more bizarre and contrived the storyline became. Why contrive a film about (in)famous characters and then try to rewrite the whole history of the 2nd world war? I'm sorry but Tarantino is a pretentious little man who unfortunately believes much of the adoration written on this site. I would have preferred to have watched Eastenders !!!
26 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.