Reviews

Great way to get to know Bill Plympton
22 September 2012
I was blown away by how much I learned about Bill from this documentary. From how he started out to where he ended up, Bill Plympton's story is told using humor, sarcasm and the occasional animation that Bill is known for. Alexia Anastasio brings a refreshing look at a persons life by interviewing the man himself ( Bill Plympton) as well as many others who have worked with him in the past. With the vibrant drawings and ideas Bill has created as well as photographs from his youth, you really get to know why Bill does what he does. If you love documentaries, animation, or just love Bill Plympton, this is the film for you. It is not often that you get to meet a personality like Bill and Alexia is fierce enough to dive in and get to know everything that makes him tick and then share what she finds in a brilliantly edited masterpiece.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hold (I) (2009)
Why everyone should watch this movie
29 August 2009
It is in rare form to see a movie that shows the whole truth about a subject. For a woman, being raped is something we are scared of happening to us every time we are alone. Being a woman myself I can understand the pain felt by a rape victim. But what happens to the life of our loved ones? Frank Mosley & Robby Storey wrote a one of a kind story about the reality of rape. Not just that of the victim but of all the people who end up hurt. What happens to the marriage of a rape victim? How does a husband try to help his wife who feels helpless? Can love be enough in the end? Three cheers to their honest answers on a horrible experience. A fabulous male perspective on a female crime.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why this is one of the best films ever
8 April 2009
It is very hard to find an honest, funny, movie that has something for every kind of person in it. Some how writers Justin Hilliard, Arianne Martin and Ryan Hartsell did. They took what could have been an ordinary road trip film and turned it into a true to life journey. Arianne Martin, who not only co-wrote but starred in the film, was absolutely brilliant. She can sling the jokes as well as she can take the hits. And her chemistry with both John Elliott(Alex) and Frank Mosley(Jamie) show just another amazing thing this actress/writer can do. In addition to the great cast and writing this film also makes a connection with the audience. You can feel the pain in Rose and Jamie's hearts when they learn the truth from their own mother as to why she left them. Or understand the reason why Alex brings his fists down along side Jamies after the bartender rapes Rose. Separately or together I hope these guys make more films, because this world could use more real, honest and new ideas.
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.