Clinical (2017)
It was good......until the ending ***Spoilers***
26 January 2017
This movie sucked me in immediately. The acting was well done and the story really gets you interested in finding out what's going on with a particular character. I felt like the movie was building up to a twist which is fine with me. I enjoy a good twist....the key word there is "good"...this twist was so ridiculous in my opinion. Then there's the character you would be most interested in...well he just takes a turn for the worst and it's almost as if the writers from the beginning of the film took off and they had to bring in the B team to hurry up and finish it. The last part of the movie is so bad it's not worth devoting any time to watching it. Netflix has done such a great job with their original stuff but this movie was just outright frustrating after having been so interesting and then it just peters out.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stranger Things (2016– )
Just watch it. You will not be disappointed.
16 July 2016
Just watched the first chapter last night. Everything about it is great, the actors, the writing, the fact that it takes place in the FREAKING 80s (YES!) and all the music. The theme music is completely on point...very John Carpenter-ish with heavy synthesizer sounds that are very menacing. Watch this show, tell your friends to watch. It feels very Stephen King/Steven Spielberg..with some X-Files mixed in. I have never seen the kid actors before but they were all so good. Their on screen chemistry reminded me of the group of friends from The Explorers, Stand By Me or The Goonies but it's definitely not lighthearted or a comedy at all. It's always a good sign that a show is going to be good when you are completely sucked in within the first couple minutes. 10 out of 10 so far.
342 out of 560 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rectify (2013–2016)
10 out of 10 Hands down
15 July 2016
I wish this show had more of a following. I will be sad to see it go. For me it comes in at a very close 2nd to Breaking Bad. It's by far some of the best acting I have ever seen on the TV series. Aden Young's performance is outstanding. You get caught up in all the characters because they are all acted so well. If you have not watched this show then you are certainly missing out. I would highly recommend you get on the band wagon immediately because you're going to want to talk about it before it's gone. There is not really any action sequences or any blood and guts to speak of but it's not dull at all. If it's a serious drama that you are into than you will not be disappointed.
10 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Would have given this one 7 or 8 stars but.......
19 August 2015
SPOILER ALERT: I was loving this movie from the very beginning because I love Halloween and haunted houses. I also loved it because it starts out in Texas and I recognized some of the haunted house footage and was very familiar with the areas they were in which made it that much more awesome. There were some really scary images and what the movie is leading up to is an actual thing or type of place I've actually heard of.....an "underground haunt" where they go to extremes to scare you. I've heard of these places lasting severals hours to walk through and making you sign all these waivers so i was fully into this film and the acting was well done which made it seem real. Now what absolutely ruined it for me was the very end. The climax happens and then the movie cuts off with ZERO explanation. You have no idea if what occurred was real or what....and not in a cool or interesting way. Why do film makers think its a good idea to irritate the movie goers. It didn't leave me wanting more or wanting to see other movies they have done. In fact I would never recommend or watch another film by these people. Leaving a story like this makes it feel incomplete.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.