Reviews

Krypton (2018– )
Enjoyable Show
13 May 2019
Krypton is enjoyable sci-fi show about Kal-El/Superman's grandfather and the entire race of Kryptonians before the destruction of their planet, and it's great that DC created a series that explores the origins of the House of El prior to the birth of the universe's savior. After watching all of the Superman movies and Smallville, I enjoyed watching Krypton and looking forward to view the upcoming season.
Wonder Woman (2017)
DC Greatness
20 April 2019
Gal Gadot is impressive as Wonder Woman in her first solo action movie after her debut in Batman VS Superman Dawn of Justice, and she nailed one of DC's most iconic characters. More greatness from DC and looking forward to see Wonder Woman 1984.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
When Rock Music Was Entertaining
26 December 2018
Bohemian Rhapsody is not only for Queen fans, but also for people who appreciate rock music when it used to be entertaining unlike the trash we are listening today.
Man of Steel (2013)
Sublime
31 August 2018
I saw Man of Steel five years ago on Father's Day and I really enjoyed it. Henry Cavill is perfect as the latest Superman/Clark Kent of this decade and liked how his iconic suit - without the red briefs - is given a new makeover. The other actors like Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, Diane Lane and of course, Michael Shannon are great in their roles respectively. The DC Universe is getting better with each movie based on our favorite superheros. Man of Steel is sublime and the soundtrack by Hans Zimmer is awesome.
Better in IMAX!
3 August 2018
Mission:Impossible Fallout is absolutely the most exciting movie of the summer and all the credit goes to Tom Cruise and director Christopher McQuarrie, who really raised the bar and gave movie-goers an action movie packed with intense stunts like never before. The locations were beautiful and breathtaking, that's why watching the movie in IMAX gives you the thrill you need to enjoy the best mission yet with Ethan and his friends and foes. Bond and Marvel movies can never achieve this level of perfection like the Mission:Impossible franchise, and CGI is spoiling the way movies are made because people want to watch a film that keeps them on the edge of their seats with great characters and plots. Go watch it as soon as possible.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent Drama
20 July 2018
This courtroom drama sheds light on the Menendez bothers and how California's corrupted justice system was biased against them from day one even though Lyle and Erik's testimonies on being sexually abused by their parents were proven to be true. Edie Falco was incredible as the charismatic defense lawyer Leslie Abramson and gave an outstanding performance throughout the series, and both Gus Halper and Miles Gaston Villaneuva were terrific in their portrayal of the brothers in terms of their psychological suffering which ultimately caused them to shoot their abusive parents in self-defense. It's a shame that the Menendez brothers are still incarcerated despite their appeals, but hopefully they'll be free now that the public is aware of child molestation and all forms of sexual abuse.
American Made (2017)
Just Wow!
22 October 2017
American Made or Mena is an amazingly sublime, beautiful movie and it's worth the money. Tom Cruise - who is still on the top of his game - really hit it out of the park and he knows how to do comedy especially when playing an anti-hero like Barry Seal and his penchant for doing stunts has no boundaries that's why they look real and keep you on the edge of your seat. American Made also highlights the corrupted politicians and CIA officials who played a role in the Contras and shaped the politics of that era during the Cold War. Tom deserves his long-awaited Oscar for portraying someone like Barry in this film along with Doug Liman who is a talented filmmaker and his father was one of the prosecutors in the Iran-Contra Affair. I wish I could give this movie more than 10 stars because it's very underrated.
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Mummy (2017)
Sublime Horror Movie
21 August 2017
I enjoyed every second when I saw The Mummy in the theater and never expected it to be so exciting and funny. I think the critics and fans of the previous films are really wrong for rejecting this movie which is a reboot of the 1930's classic and it's more entertaining and has a better story line that takes place in the present. Props to Tom Cruise for choosing to do a horror movie after Interview with Vampire, he always gives 100 percent and does his own stunts at 55 unlike Brendan Fraser. Haters are going to hate because they're ignorant and don't appreciate a cool popcorn movie. Watch this sublime movie because you'll have fun and I can't wait to own the Blu Ray and DVD.
14 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Incredible Movie
1 November 2016
I don't care what the critics think because I really enjoyed watching Jack Reacher: Never Go Back and saw it twice since its release. It's more than an action movie with Tom Cruise who never fails in delivering his best performances to date, you'll find drama and comedy and the interactions between the characters of Tom, Cobie Smulders and Danika Yarosh very amusing and heart-warming. We all know Jack Reacher is a tough guy but it was interesting to see him display emotions which he rarely does. Also, Aldis Hodge was very impressive as Espin. The soundtrack is also great and I look forward to see a third Jack Reacher movie. Just ignore the critics and see the movie for yourself.
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Suicide Squad (2016)
DC Does It Again
8 August 2016
I never cared about those arrogant critics because their reviews never influence my decision to watch a certain movie whether it's good or not. Suicide Squad became a hit on very different on many levels as we see the bad guys behaving as heroes fighting an evil entity in this dark action comedy movie. The performances of Will Smith, Viola Davis, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney and the other actors were sublime except for Cara Delevingne who is a terrible actress and should stick to modeling. I liked the Batman cameo and the reference to Superman's death from the last movie. DC movies never disappoint and they're way superior to Marvel.
4 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Epic Battle Between the Greatest Superheroes
22 July 2016
Two iconic superheros facing off is what made me love Batman VS. Superman Dawn of Justice. The epic fight between Batman and Superman- whose differences in terms of character- created unforgettable moments before they join hands to fight a common enemy. Casting Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne was a great choice despite the negativity he received from the fans who judged him before seeing his performance as the most charismatic comic book character ever created. Henry Cavill is the best Superman/Clark Kent in my opinion and he captured his essence perfectly since Man of Steel three years ago. Jesse Eisenberg was impressing in his first role as a villain, both Amy Adams and Gal Gadot were amazing as Lois Lane and Wonder Woman. The music composed by Hans Zimmer is haunting and beautiful on many levels which is why the soundtrack is a must for every fan of the DC universe.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Forget Bond and Bourne, Ethan Hunt is the Best Secret Agent
4 December 2015
I loved Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation as much as the previous movies of the MI franchise. Thanks to Tom Cruise and Christopher McQuarrie for giving the audiences an action-packed, adrenaline pumping experience which included Tom's death-defying stunts like hanging outside an aircraft and despite the risks, he pulled it off as usual because he's a real actor who always gives 100 percent in every movie he does. The cast is amazing including Simon Pegg, Rebecca Ferguson and Ving Rhames. Forget Bond and Bourne because Ethan Hunt is the best secret agent ever. I give Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation 10 stars and looking forward to see the sixth mission.
Movie of the Year
19 June 2014
I have been anticipating to see Edge of Tomorrow formerly known as All You Need is Kill and words cannot describe how much I loved every second of it and had to watch this incredible movie over and over again. It has the elements of a successful sci-fi film combined with action, humor and drama that can keep you on the edge of your seat thanks to its unique script about Major Bill Cage who finds himself resetting the day every time he dies in a battle against aliens. Edge of Tomorrow is the first Hollywood picture to be based on a Japanese Manga, and hats off to Tom Cruise who remains as the best movie star after three decades and still makes great movies while doing his own stunts and showing his talents in comedy along with Bill Paxton, Emily Blunt and Noah Taylor. I adore this movie and I've seen it at least six times and looking forward to own it forever on DVD.

Edge of Tomorrow deserves 10 stars.
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Taps (I) (1981)
A War Between Children and Adults
3 November 2013
It's the end of the year at Bunker Hill Military Academy but for the young cadets, it's a matter of honor when they learn that their school is going to be demolished by next summer to make way for new condos to be built. The beloved general Bache is not pleased with the closing of the school and vows to do whatever he can to prevent it from happening. However, an unfortunate incident complicates everything and the old man soon ends up in a hospital leaving the boys alone to defend the school by barricading and arming themselves until the authorities answer their demands. The cadets experience a war of their own creation while they fight their adult counterparts to keep Bunker Hill's legacy despite being minors between the ages of 12 and 17. The plot is outstanding and the acting is excellent especially by a teenage Tom Cruise as the rebellious David Shawn who fights like a real soldier. I give TAPS 10 stars.
Far and Away (1992)
The American Dream Through Irish Eyes
6 July 2013
Far and Away is a beautiful film that was executed perfectly by Ron Howard who co-wrote a brilliant screenplay about Irish immigrants searching for a better life in America due to the oppression they had to endure at the hands of greedy landlords in the late 1890's. Joseph Donnelly - played by Tom Cruise in one of his unforgettable roles - is a poor farmer with ambitions of having his own land, he seeks revenge after his father dies as result of a riot initiated by the tenants against the rich land owners. He flees Ireland with the help of a spoiled rich girl who has dreams of owning her own land in the Oklahoma territory. Both Joseph and Shannon experience the hardships of achieving their dreams in a distant country as they rely on each other for survival while living in Boston where Joseph earns his living as a boxing champion. The love story and the grand race are perfect elements in this epic movie.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Top Gun (1986)
Iconic Movie
28 June 2013
"I feel the need, the need for speed!" Top Gun is without any doubt one of the iconic movies of the 80's and marked Tom Cruise's international stardom after Risky Business another successful picture. The late Tony Scott directed a brilliant film based on fighter pilots in the Navy who aspire to become the best of the best in this exciting action drama starring Tom as the charismatic Pete "Maverick" Mitchell and his love affair with his instructor Charlie Blackwood played by Kelly McGillis and let's not forget Tom Skerritt, Anthony Edwards and Meg Ryan who delivered unforgettable performances. The dogfighting scenes involving F-14A Tomcats are perfect and believable without today's visual effects, in addition to the movie's soundtrack with its great songs. Top Gun is a masterpiece movie for everybody.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mission Accomplished!
23 April 2013
I'm a huge fan of the Mission Impossible movie franchise and I have seen all of them. In this fourth installment of the successful series, agent Ethan Hunt and his team are disavowed after a rogue terrorist known as Cobalt bombs the Kremlin and frames them for it. Ethan and his teammates have to prove their innocence and prevent Cobalt from using nuclear launch codes to start a deadly war between the United States and Russia in a game of cat and mouse from Moscow to Dubai and Mumbai. In this movie, Tom Cruise did one of the most risky daredevil stunts in his amazing film career by dangling from the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa which left me at the edge of my seat. He's without any doubt a sophisticated actor and stuntman always putting his heart and soul in every movie he works on. I'm also looking forward to see Mission : Impossible 5 in the future.

Mission Impossible : Ghost Protocol deserves 10 stars!
Oblivion (I) (2013)
Beautiful
20 April 2013
Oblivion takes you to a post-apocalyptic future set in 2077 after an alien invasion destroys half the planet and its moon. Jack Harper played by the amazing Tom Cruise goes to the surface on a regular basis to repair drones while his partner Vica stays in the Sky Tower as his communications officer, they only have two weeks left before their mission ends so they can return to a space station and join the others. However, Jack is not enthusiastic about leaving Earth and expresses his desire to spend the rest of his life at his cabin by the lake with relics from the past like books and vinyl records, until one day he meets a mysterious woman who claims to know him and that triggers a series of shocking revelations about his existence. Even though this is Joseph Kosinski's second film, he and his crew did a fantastic job with the visual effects and using the breathtaking landscapes of Iceland for the desolate cities, and the soundtrack blends very well from the first till the last frame. Tom Cruise still proves that he's at the top of his game at the age of fifty where he does his own stunts and continues to give an astounding performance which he always does. For fans of the science fiction genre, Oblivion is the perfect movie and it deserves multiple accolades for its exceptional plot, acting and cinematography.
Jack Reacher (2012)
Jack Reacher is a Great Action Thriller!
6 February 2013
I haven't read Lee Child's books but thanks to this film I'm already interested in finding more about Jack Reacher and his adventures as an ex-military cop seeking justice in his own terms. Jack Reacher is a witty, serious, strong and intelligent man who tries to solve a case involving a sniper responsible for shooting random people in downtown Pittsburgh. With the help of Helen Rodin, a young defense attorney they dig deeper into the murder case and discover something sinister and evil which is very shocking. The action scenes are incredible including the car chase in a classic '72 Chevelle. People who claim to be fans of the Jack Reacher books made a big deal when Tom Cruise was chosen to play the main character who happens to be over six feet tall and weighs more than 200 pounds. There is no actor in Hollywood who fits the physical description of Jack Reacher and only Tom managed to capture his essence in a very remarkable manner thanks to his unique acting abilities and talent.
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Want the Truth!
22 November 2012
Tom Cruise has always proved that he's an underrated movie actor with incredible acting skills that make him Oscar worthy in this unforgettable courtroom drama "A Few Good Men". Danny Kaffee is an attorney working for the Navy and he is assigned with his colleagues Jo Galloway and Sam Wienberg to defend two Marines who are accused of killing a fellow officer after giving him a code red. Throughout the course of the trial, Danny and his team try to prove that high-ranking officers like the ruthless Col. Nathan Jessup and Jonathan Kendrick have given orders to both Marines to carry out the penalty against the young officer thus ending his life. Danny, who lacks the experience does all what he can to defend the two Marines and live up to his late father's legacy as a successful lawyer. A Few Good Men is a great movie that continues to attract audiences since its release twenty years ago.
Rock of Ages (2012)
Pour Some Sugar On Me!
21 November 2012
Rock of Ages is an incredible musical directed by Adam Shankman who also gave us Hairspray a few years ago. It was great seeing Tom Cruise for the first time playing a rock star singing famous rock songs from the 80's with such professionalism, and his performance was really outstanding and entertaining because not all actors can sing and not all singers can act. I loved the way he performed classics like "Dead and Alive" and "Pour Some Sugar on Me" as if he's Bon Jovi or Axl Rose. I don't think anyone can play Stacee Jaxx and capture the essence of a rock god the way Tom Cruise did and I hope he gets an Oscar for his role very soon. Julianne Hough, Alec Baldwin, Russel Brand, Paul Giamatti and Catherine Zeta-Jones were terrific and deserve credit as well. The soundtrack is wonderful and I never get tired from listening to it. Rock of Ages deserves 10 stars!
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Best Horror Movie
31 October 2012
Unfortunately the horror film genre was not popular in Egyptian cinema like its Hollywood counterpart despite beliefs in black magic and the existence of demons or evil spirits in Abrahemic religions and ancient Arabian legends. In Human and Jinn, Fatima returns home after earning her doctorate in the United States, she meets Galal who introduces himself as a travel agent. However, she notices Galal's eccentric behavior in the next few days; he never shakes her hand, he doesn't drink his coffee and he can predict the future. To Fatima's shock she discovers that Galal is a demon deeply in love with her and he is damned by his entire clan for loving a human being. Galal forces himself on Fatima and threatens to kill Osama if she insists on marrying him. Great acting on behalf of Adel Imam who gave a flawless performance of a supernatural being.

Finally, Happy Halloween!
A Very Underrated Teen Movie
25 October 2012
All the Right Moves is a wonderful classic movie from the 80's about a group of teenagers from a small mining town in Pennsylvania who want to secure their future by getting scholarships so they can go to the best schools in the country. Stefan is a skilled football player who dreams of becoming an engineer instead of working at the mill like his father and brother, his girlfriend Lisa wants to study music but unfortunately their high school only provides football scholarships to its students. When the Ampipe High School team loses the football game to the Walnut Heights, all the players are depressed by the loss. After Stef clashes with Coach Nickerson over the players' performance, he kicks him out of the team which makes things worse for the ambitious youth. Tom Cruise at the age of 21 was excellent in the role of Stef which came after his success in Risky Business that later made him the world's most richest and prosperous movie star. Lea Thompson was perfect as Lisa, the gifted musician who knows she can't go to college and at the same be with Stef whom she loves.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Keep Your Eyes Wide Shut
14 October 2012
Stanley Kubrick was a genius filmmaker who knew how to master the art of storytelling in such aesthetic and mysterious proportions which he kept doing in all of his unforgettable films. Eyes Wide Shut sheds light on Bill Harford, a doctor living happily with his wife Alice and their seven-year-old daughter Helena. The night Alice talks about her sexual fantasy with another man sets Bill on a strange journey of jealousy and lust throughout New York City where he learns from his old friend Nick about an underground cult where men and women engage in sexual rituals. The orgy's atmosphere looks intimidating and gloomy especially when Bill finds himself in danger for infiltrating into the mansion until a masked woman sacrifices herself so no harm will come to him. Bill's unusual experience on that particular night haunt him after being warned by the Master of Ceremonies not to tell a soul about the orgy or he and his family will suffer severe consequences. Tom Cruise was fantastic as Bill Harford, his acting was sublime and natural and even though I dislike Nicole Kidman she was good in some parts. Eyes Wide Shut is a unique sexual thriller and a masterpiece.
Knight and Day is Fantastic
17 September 2012
As a fan of the Mission Impossible movies, I really loved Knight and Day which combined the elements of a spy thriller and a romantic comedy into a terrific movie. Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz's chemistry reflected their outstanding performance since Vanilla Sky, and they did an amazing job together as Roy and June. Tom Cruise still excels in comedy, he hasn't lost his unique charisma and ability to do his own stunts. Cameron was funny and convincing as the clueless girl who finds herself in the most awkward situations with a spy. The people who didn't like this film don't know how to appreciate a good movie that can make you laugh and entertain you. I give Knight and Day 10 stars. Well done Tom and Cameron!
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.