2,950 Reviews
Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Number Twenty-Two (1957)
Season 2, Episode 21
Young Rip Torn
18 July 2019
The thing I find interesting in this story, is that it doesn't focus only on Rip Torn; look for instance the questioning of the old man in the line up. What the use for the rest of this short story? Unusual. Besides, I don't think that using a toy gun is enough to make a man dying of a skull fracture.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Alfred Hitchcock Presents: A Bottle of Wine (1957)
Season 2, Episode 19
Sleuth before its time
18 July 2019
I thought about Jo Mankiewicz's last feature whilst I watched this episode, a two men in a room tale, one the old husband, a judge, whose wife is about to part him from, and her Young lover...For the rest, you can prefer Anthony Shaffer's satge play brought to screen.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No goods but only bads and uglies...
17 July 2019
I love this movie, only for this reason. The story stinks, so do the characters, everyone more ruthless than the other. Impossible to feel any empathy for any of them. It's a world of sharks, disgusting dudes, ready at anything to achieve their purposes. Anything. Roschdy Zem is absolutely outstanding here as a kind of hired hand, or may I say killer, whom two friends pay to get rid of their boss: the two are played by Nicolas Duvauchelle and Raphaël Personaz. Roschy Zem's character is here totally ambiguous, nasty, disturbing, in the line of some characters that Robert Mitchum had in the past such as NIGHT OF THE HUNTER, CAPE FEAR, FIVE CARDS STUD. You can(t really see what he is after, where he drives at. The climax is also unpredictable. A very distrubing, that stinks, that nearly makes you puke; I love it.
Brotherhood (2006–2008)
Irish Soprano
16 July 2019
I can't deny that series is a good one, typical of the American gangster family tradition. But this could have been made in a mini series instead - six eps at the most - and not twenty nine. Or, at best, a long feature. This show is a bit too long. it's not a series with many in and out characters, as we see, now, with deep description of sub and supporting characters. The story focuses always on the same ones. The character of Michael lacks of something, I don't know exactly what, maybe involvment from Jason Isaacs in his role. And I am not that fond of politicians complicated plot stories either... But that remains a good series.
Force Majeure (2014)
Accidental tourist
13 July 2019
This topic and its morals, its irony too, especially i the end, could perfectly have been a Alfred Hitchcock episode; no need to be bloody nor having a criminal element. And the near ending scene, in the mountain hairpin road above the precipice, reminded me ITALIAN JOB (69) climatic sequence.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Toby (1956)
Season 2, Episode 6
Sad topic if you follow cautiously
12 July 2019
Please excuse me, but I made a mistake. I wrote the comment on the next episode lines - ALIBI ME. So please, if you want to read my comment, go to the very next episode and you will have them. Sorry again.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Alibi Me (1956)
Season 2, Episode 7
A rather sad story
12 July 2019
Yes, unlike many other episodes of the series, this one is sad for my taste, especially in the twist ending...I felt Something weird in my mouth, Something that I am not used to in this series. I won't spoil it any further...besides, those two people, meeting again after twenty years, whilst they were in their Young years, i find this corny, because Jessica Tandy and her co star look more in their early sixties - at best- in this story than in their forties. Don't forget they were supposed to be really young when they knew each other before...So, it would have been better that the screenwriters chhose - let's say - thirty or forty years in between, instead of twenty. That's my opinion.
Delicious episode
12 July 2019
Hurd Hatfield is perfect in this role that suits him like a glove; I would have seen a like of Georges Sanders in this poisonous, cynical dandy dude. The kind of heavy that you also could see in COLUMBO series as Peter Falk's nemesis planning the perfect murder. That makes me say that it's a shame that Hatfield never played against the dirty raincoat weared lieutnant. But back to this episode, yes, that's a real good one.
The Punisher (2017–2019)
Full blood
10 July 2019
That's for me one of the most, if not the most gritty, bloody, brutal TV series I have ever seen. Even more than BANSHEE, which it seems very close to. And so dark...I was first reluctant to see this show, because of the Marvel link; I HATE supr heroes. Well, this one is rather an anti hero.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rage! (1980 TV Movie)
Heart and Soul
7 July 2019
David Soul put all his heart in this feature which I have commented this very morning; but I forgot only one thing. Don't miss the terrific moment where he meets his father, in jail, in the visitors room. His father whom we already know, that he was total responsible for his son's behavior; this father who obliged his son to participate to sex reunions with women, when the Young boy was only six!! Please don't miss this moment, an awesome suspense where the audience wait to see the face to face between this disgusting and apparently respectable old man - the daddy - and his son, whose he has destroyed the whole life. Leo Gordon as the father. A damn surprise, among the heaviest heavies of old time Hollywood.

Enjoy !!!
Rage! (1980 TV Movie)
Amazing performance
7 July 2019
I won't never get tired to watch TV movies, so close to eal life with not garbage stuff too often used for theaters audiences. Yes, David Soul is outstandung here, but there is only one thing that bothers me. When Dave Soul's character is sent in jail, at the beginning, he is supposed to stay here for thirty years. THIRTY YEARS. And only because he attended therapy groups, he is just discharged, just like this? Hmmmm
Echo (I) (2007)
I did not get the whole
3 July 2019
You see, the problem with this excellent short horror feature is that the two main female leads have the same face, they could be twins. So, in the end, in the final sequence, I did not know who was who....
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Punisher: Two Dead Men (2017)
Season 1, Episode 2
The best way to obtain an information.
1 July 2019
That's the second episode I watch for this series. I wait to have my own opinion, but I Don't expect too much. Anyway, I like the way the Punisher obtains the information he wants from the Intelligence executive, without torturing him, how he tricks him, to get what he wants. I have never seen this before. very unusual. And he took no risk, the gun was empty anyway.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
De Dag: Chapter Six, Inside (2018)
Season 1, Episode 12
What a deception
30 June 2019
I loved this series for the first épisodes, so tense, so sharp, so riveting for audiences. I don't even speak about the playing and character's portraits. The best above all concerning suspense. But what an awful ending. There are things we can not explain. Such a shame.
Wicker Man meets Body Snatcher
30 June 2019
What I forgot to say in my revious coment, back five years ago, is that this episode isamong the best of the whole show. It reminds me WICKER MAN in the end, and alos BODY SNATCHER concerning the basic plot. And I like the change of direction of the story, beginning with an investigation about people slimming down in a curious way and the new orientation that the story takes.
Black '47 (2018)
Outstanding Irish gem
27 June 2019
That's the kind of feature we can find on Netflix, unusual films certainly not made for wide audiences, those jerks who prefer super heroes craps with seven hundred millions dollars budget...Yes, I love this feature showing, a war in Afghanistan veteran - yes, even in 1847, there were British soldiers in Afghanistan - who gets revenge from his folks death. A desperate gloomy tale, with no heroes but only anti heroes, who fight in a lost in advance struggle....This scheme could have been made concerning Vietnam, WW2, or even now war in Afghanistan veterans and their issues after returning from war.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
De Dag: Chapter Three, Outside (2018)
Season 1, Episode 5
A so annoying character
27 June 2019
I really hope that police forces, in Belgium or anywhere else, have no negotiator like Ibrahim character. If I was a gangster, I would kill a hostage only to make this idiot responsible for his talk. He is such unconvincing, so head to slams, I would like to shoot his head thru the screen of my laptop. I HATE this character, I wish him die, torn to pieces. And the ganngsters so dumbs to let them manipulated by this s...head of negotiator...
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
De Dag: Chapter Two, Inside (2018)
Season 1, Episode 4
Sounds familiar to me
27 June 2019
This hostage topic as a series is now a classical since CASA DEL PAPEL, but also KILL POINT (2007) starring John Leguizamo as an ex marine and his buddies who pull a bank heist going awry. And also in this latest TV show, there was a local tycoon whose daughter was accidently among the hostages. That's why i say that there are common lines between those two series.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
De Dag: Chapter One, Inside (2018)
Season 1, Episode 2
Look out for the bank vault?
26 June 2019
I have just begun this TV show and I can already say that it seems far more promising than the CASA DE PAPEL crap. Less ambitious, for sure, but maybe this explains that. Just one detail. I have never seen a bank vault room, in the basement, like this. It looks like mine, and the safe seems similar to a jewelery store one. The vault rooms in banks are usually armored, explosives proof, and concrete walled....Is it a joke?
Monte Walsh (1970)
The end of an era...
24 June 2019
That's the old west which it is question here, as were so many westerns of this period. All melancholic stories indeed, but so realistic, so close to the way things happened in the west. I thought about CULPEPPER'S CATTLE COMPANY, the true life of cattle rustlers, so moving with Mitch Ryan at his ever best in a supporting role. The face to face sequence between him and Marvin is absolutely riveting.
Lean on Pete (2017)
Lonely is the brave
24 June 2019
I thought about David Miller's LONELY ARE THE BRAVE, especially after one sequence in particular, which I won't tell here, not to spoil the film. A sad story about a man and a horse, a tragic and very poignant tale. A typical american road movie. Maybe some long moments, but useful to this kind of feature.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gamblers
22 June 2019
Once more Tahar Rahim shines in this riveting drama, made by a French female director whose it is here her first movie. Tahar is so good in this petty punk, lousy character, so convincing that you may wish to get into the movie and blow his head off when you see how he behaves with the poor girl. And I Don't even speak of Jean Michel Correia, terrfic as a brutal debt collector. That's not a film noir, nor a crime movie, but only a drama about gambling addiction. A pretty well made character study.
Watch out the haircut
22 June 2019
I guess many viewers have missed something: the haircut in the final pool game scene. This haircut is the supposed poor lead character's one, not his double. because if you give close attention to the double's haircut in the previous scene, in the lobby, with the butler, the double has a specific haircut, different from the one he has in the pool game. Follow me? So in the pool game scene, this is the true hero whom we see, even if his conversation may supposes he is not. Confusing. I Don't know if Hitch thought about it...If he did it deliberately or not.
This could have been played by Pierre Richard
21 June 2019
From the first scènes of this cute little feature, I thought about Pierre Richard, back to the seventies, when he played naive and offbeat characters. But that's not entirely a comedy, everything is not funny. Some sequences may be even painful to watch, such as these one when the poor man is howling; we don't know why...A sad tale actually, about loneliness and intolerance, nature and happiness. I am not surprised that only a handful of people went to see this film, not destined to wide silly sheep herd audiences., worth going to a slaughterhouse. I love this film, only for this Reason, because it was mostly ostracized.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why Maggie behaved like this in the end?
21 June 2019
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

I am going to spoil the episode, but I quite don't get why the hell Maggie did this to the two men: as Master Hitchcock explained afer the show, in the epilogue.

Why did Maggie poisoned them? This makes no sense to me.